• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

ThatManTy

Neo Member
How exactly do you trade in this game? I actually have a spare Ring of Royal Grandeur and I'm willing to exchange for a set piece.

When you're in game with them, press the left side of the touchscreen, then R1 to scroll over to party, then Triangle to open trade.

Personally, I'm finding that t4 is on another level completely compared to t3. I was dying so much, I had to straight up switch my playstyle to something more defense, to cope. Switched ground stomp for ignore pain, hammer of the ancients for whirlwind + blood funnel rune, and earthquake for call of the ancients + damage distribution rune. It's become more about surviving the enemies one shots, as opposed to just pumping out hardcore dps and steamrolling everything.

Anyways, I have a few items to trade n ps4 if anyone needs. Have the Barb solemn vow wep with socket, firewalkers, 3 socket blackthorne chest, and blackthorne boots (like 4 pair). Some other stuff too, I gotta look.

Names
smokinchokin420

ElDiablo90x

Neo Member
You use the maibox. What set piece do you want? I have akkhan stuff.

I need either Vyr's Swaggering Stance, Tal Rasha's Allegiance, Tal Rasha's Guise of Wisdom, or Chandoto's Will (for my wizard so INT only).

On a side note, are Rings of Royal Granduer in high demand? I've been salvaging them alot, they seem so common.

Laconic

Banned
I need either Vyr's Swaggering Stance, Tal Rasha's Allegiance, Tal Rasha's Guise of Wisdom, or Chandoto's Will (for my wizard so INT only).

On a side note, are Rings of Royal Granduer in high demand? I've been salvaging them alot, they seem so common.

A lot of gnashing of teeth incoming, lol.

Laconic

Banned
Really? I went through 10 of them and only kept the best roll for myself. I just got another one from my HC. If anyone has the set peices I mentioned earlier, I'd be really happy to exchange asap.

Yes, really.

Lolol... :/

You should have at least kept two. Even if you have only been using one class, the other one that uses the same primary stat could have benefited.

SLV

Can someone explain something for me ? About the gear bonuses,
why are some bonuses with the colored rhombus next to it, and some are greyed out ?
What is the reason for it ? Thanks !

i3Rwt11.png

JPS Kai

Finally checked this one out over the weekend. Since I didn't feel like being original, I went with whirlwind barb. The damage he does seem to fluctuate insanely. On one group of elite mobs, I'll tear throw them in a second or two. On another, it'll take 20-30 seconds to run around and such. I didn't see any modifiers that seemed like they would boost the defense much.

Oh well. I should just plow through the game again and worry about optimization once I hit adventure mode.

why are some bonuses with the colored rhombus next to it, and some are greyed out ?

i3Rwt11.png

They are set bonuses. The description shows how many pieces of that set you have and how many you need for each tier.

TehPabz

I'm tryna get into whimseshyre (how ever u spell it) I go the black mushroom I'm trying to farm that drop that drops in cavern of frost level 2. I've done it more than 30 times and bitch only drops frozen blood lol ugh
It's not glitched I thought it was glitched too but it isn't took me like 40 tries. The first 30 I did it on my barbarian then I switched to my crusader and she dropped it. I also did it through adventure mode if that makes any difference the drop is just really rare lol.

No no not that, i mean if the rhombus next to the bonus is grey not orange, dos it count as active or not ?

From my understanding, those indicate that the affix is a top tier affix, and the game calculates those bonuses first, before the ones with a greyed out diamond.

Any GAFers planning on doing some T6 or T5 rifts and wouldn't mind a lvl 1 tagging along? Trying to get my Crusader up to speed so I can equip his gear.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Sorry for the stupid question but how do I get better gear? I'm level 68 and just started adventure mode. I've been playing on Master but can sometimes up to T1. I just keep switching back and forth. I want to move up the difficulties unti I'm at T6. I just can't get into T1 properly because my character just isn't strong enough. Any loot I get is weaker than what I've already got. I'm sick of seeing those little red inverted triangles.

What am I doing wrong? I'm only doing bounties and that just now. I have two Rift Keys. Do I need to do Rifts to get better loot?

SLV

From my understanding, those indicate that the affix is a top tier affix, and the game calculates those bonuses first, before the ones with a greyed out diamond.

Oh, ok, that somewhat helps me from worrying :D Thanks !

Sorry for the stupid question but how do I get better gear? I'm level 68 and just started adventure mode. I've been playing on Master but can sometimes up to T1. I just keep switching back and forth. I want to move up the difficulties unti I'm at T6. I just can't get into T1 properly because my character just isn't strong enough. Any loot I get is weaker than what I've already got. I'm sick of seeing those little red inverted triangles.

What am I doing wrong? I'm only doing bounties and that just now. I have two Rift Keys. Do I need to do Rifts to get better loot?

Also interested in this

Just keep doing bounties on Master and stock up on rift keys. Do all the bounties in an act and you'll get a reward from Tyrael. I'd say getting to 70 is your first priority. Save up all your blood shards and then gamble for items with Kadala once you are level 70. Keep killing elites and pray to RNGsus that you get some nice drops. It'll happen sooner or later. Playing in a group increases drop chances, as well as enemy health.

Edit- what class are you playing? Look at your build and look for gear to synergies with your skills.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Just keep doing bounties on Master and stock up on rift keys. I'd say getting to 70 is your first priority. Save up all your blood shards and then gamble for items with Kadala once you are level 70. Keep killing elites and pray to RNGsus that you get some nice drops. It'll happen sooner or later.

Yeah, I'm trying to get to 70 but it's just been bothering me that I keep finding weak loot. I feel like I've hit a wall. I tried getting an item from her earlier but it was a weaker item than I already had so just salvaged it. I have 3 bloodshards but I have no clue how I got them. What gives you them?

Thanks

Yeah, I'm trying to get to 70 but it's just been bothering me that I keep finding weak loot. I feel like I've hit a wall. I tried getting an item from her earlier but it was a weaker item than I already had so just salvaged it. I have 3 bloodshards but I have no clue how I got them. What gives you them?

Thanks

You get shards for bounties. Just stick with act 1 bounties for now, since they have a double shard bonus. Are you on ps4? You can add me to your friend list and we can farm together. My PSN is in my profile.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
You get shards for bounties. Just stick with act 1 bounties for now, since they have a double shard bonus. Are you on ps4? You can add me to your friend list and we can farm together. My PSN is in my profile.

ah alright. yeah i've been doing act 1 to start off with. i'm on ps4. won't be on again today though. oh and i'm a crusader. what are synergies?

ah alright. yeah i've been doing act 1 to start off with. i'm on ps4. won't be on again today though. oh and i'm a crusader. what are synergies?

You want your gear to complement your skills. For example, if you have bracers that give you +15% fire damage, you should use skills that do fire damage. Like Blessed Hammer? Look for gear that gives a bonus to that skill.

bazzaar

Neo Member

The orange colored rhombus actually means the bonus is not factored into damage/toughness number on your character sheet.

In your example the CDR bonus hasn't been included in your Damage number. It means your real DPS is higher than the number shown.

The orange colored rhombus actually means the bonus is not factored into damage/toughness number on your character sheet.

In your example the CDR bonus hasn't been included in your Damage number. It means your real DPS is higher than the number shown.

I guess I was mistaken. Good to know!

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
I don't think you need to complete the campaign on a particular setting. Just play adventure mode until you feel ready to up the difficulty. What level are you? I think you need to be level 60 to unlock Torment levels.

I'm at 56 right now so I guess I'll be ready for Torment soon. :p

The game really is about taking things at a pace you prefer or desire.

I barely use campaign mode unless it's for specific runs I loop. Adventure mode is where I stay at considering you can earn more gold and xp than just running through things. The gear you get is not exactly specific to either mode but for your difficulty it is. I run normal bounties to build up a ton of rift shards then go in to my highest acceptable difficult for my loot.

You got the right idea, but if you're level 40+ just up the difficulty to the point you can clear fast when you stop clearing fast don't go up.

Cool thanks, I figured that was the way to go so good to get a second opinion on that.

Haines

Banned
Were both up to over 500k DPs each all self found. Able to farm our bounties on normal pretty much 1 shorting and grabbing a rift on torment 1 for the drops.

Now its pretty much time to find high end gear and roll stats.

Still got my fingers crossed blizz sends 2.1 our way soon.got carnevil head from kadala and that build is very fun

Does anyone have a bunch of that Broken Soul(?) material? It's used to change a ability on a legendary item and to craft some legendary stuff.

I have a larger Legendary loot drop rate than I do that fusion material. I can offer any Royal Flawless gem in return. I'm looking for a bunch of it and I've crafted enough Royal Flawless Gems to offer 10 of each for trade.

deadlast

Belial is kicking my butt. I don't want to turn down the difficulty.
How do I get past the exploding ground part
? That's a spoiler if you haven't fought belial yet.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

i3Rwt11.png

It's to indicate non-damage affixes. The colored rhombus item affixes are not counted in the damage calculation.

Does anyone have a bunch of that Broken Soul(?) material? It's used to change a ability on a legendary item and to craft some legendary stuff.

I have a larger Legendary loot drop rate than I do that fusion material. I can offer any Royal Flawless gem in return. I'm looking for a bunch of it and I've crafted enough Royal Flawless Gems to offer 10 of each for trade.

You can salvage unwanted legendaries into that resource.

oneils

Probably answered a few times, but I didn't see it in the OP (I probably missed it).

Does the PS 3 version have patch 2.1 or just 2.0.x? Also, what about the ps 4 version?

I'm thinking of picking this up on ps3 but was wondering whether we would see greater rifts on that version.

Lvl 70 legendaries should give you burning soul. Ones that are lower level (possibly below 60) give an older resource from before the expansion I think.

not cool!
The Lvl 70 Legendaries I don't want I send them to my fellow Gaf members on my friends list.
So now my choices are not to pay it forward or waste high Lvl Legendaries?

I'll have to think about this one. Thanks for the bitter sweet info!

not cool!
The Lvl 70 Legendaries I don't want I send them to my fellow Gaf members on my friends list.
So now my choices are not to pay it forward or waste high Lvl Legendaries?

I'll have to think about this one. Thanks for the bitter sweet info!

Plenty of legendaries drop with crappy stats. Just pay it forward ones that would be good for someone else.

I don't have this issue though as I totally solo this game.

And its not a waste if its to get you an item stat you need.

LogicStep

I have a question regarding crafting and enchanting. So, if I understand it correctly, you can only enchant one of the stats. That means I should craft the item until it has at least only 1 stat wrong so that I can enchant it until I get what I want, right? If I craft it and it has 2 shitty stats I should just craft another?

Top Bottom