• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

BashNasty

I knew this PSN looked familiar. Just logged on and looked at my PSN messages, you're the guy who was trying to buy my RoRG. How'd you get 200 million gold, 1k forgotten souls, and 50 of each top tier gem?

Damn, TehPabz, I guess someone with that username would be the kind of person to cheat.

So question time: why did you choose to cheat in the first place? Also, how do you expect cheating to make a game like Diablo III more fun for you? A lot of the fun in Diablo comes from the slow acquisition of power, allowing you to slowly tackle tougher and tougher challenges. Instantly boosting yourself to max power would negate that entertainment and, in turn, the lasting appeal of the game. Since you were certainly fully aware of this at the time of your transgression, I ask again, why did you do it?

It wasn't just to make everyone think you were cool, was it?

Omnicent

Is the Blade of Prophecy considered a good weapon for a Crusader?

Currently it's not so great, but it 2.1 with the new shield it is the new spec Saders go for (well Physical Stampede seems to be the new thing since its awesome damage and range, but condemn spam in 2.1 is still really good).

Jabba

Banned
Is anyone else unlucky with gifts? I have like 70 gaffers and 10- 17 online at a given time but not a lot of gifts. I think I receive 1 gift every two or 3 days. I think the RNG for gifts hates me.

ironmang

Is anyone else unlucky with gifts? I have like 70 gaffers and 10- 17 online at a given time but not a lot of gifts. I think I receive 1 gift every two or 3 days. I think the RNG for gifts hates me.

Not sure how the system works but I'd think if they all also have a lot of D3 friends then the chance they get a gift for you is a lot lower.

statham

If you enter a rift again on the same act is it the same rift? I have enough to open another rift and on Act I, will it let me and is it the same?

Saganator

I was in the same boat, then I had some bad runs with pubs and died more than usual. Next day I had like 3 gifts in my box.

Also what is Shotgun Crusader?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152817794926874

This is my T5 shotgun crusader right now, what can I improve?

rFCWy0H.jpg

From what I understand, 5~6 Akkhan, Harringtons/Capt Crimson belt + another piece, FotF, SoJ, Unity/RoRG, Hellskull is the best setup.

Roll cooldown everywhere you can't roll Holy % and profit.

I have the exact setup, with capt crimson and rorg. What's the best amulet to complement this build? I've got a set amulet that is 600 str 10% crit chance and 80% dmg.

Laconic

Banned
I have the exact setup, with capt crimson and rorg. What's the best amulet to complement this build? I've got a set amulet that is 600 str 10% crit chance and 80% dmg.

I added it, lol.

Though I think the Fire one is best... and possibly the rarest drop in the game, much less with the proper rolls.

Killed a Nemesis and something called a 'Fallen Wizard' that spawned along with it (and took a fuck-ton of damage along with him), but nothing dropped.

I'm sad. :(

Velcro Fly

In Act V now. Made the jump to hard full time. It's fun! I think I have a little bit more to go before things really open up for me. When do I get the items that let me upgrade the blacksmith and jeweler to 12?

Good idea, I can craft the Captain Crimson set......and now I have those set bonuses combined with Akkhan too :D

As I wait for legendary drops, I've started getting picky about the look of my character. Right now I'm going back and forth on whether to keep my current chest piece it's default color:

10623922_682573685350_4565894275193771916_o.jpg

Or go with my usual forest green scheme:

10608749_682573720280_2847291581016718701_o.jpg

I wished dying your gear kept the two-toned elements of the default state. :(

Level 54 now. Completely dependent on whirlwind as my primary barbarian attack. If I ever change it out, it's"nope"d back in within a minute. Is it really that OP or am I just playing the class wrong

Level 54 now. Completely dependent on whirlwind as my primary barbarian attack. If I ever change it out, it's"nope"d back in within a minute. Is it really that OP or am I just playing the class wrong
I never really got the hang of it, I always enjoyed Seismic Slam/Earthquake as a main damage dealer more up until Leapquake.

Vorheez

What in the flying fuck. I've spent 4000 blood shards and still no fucking lut boots. This shit is incredibly discouraging and killing my desire to keep playing.

So, have any of you guys had any troubles buying the digital copy of D3 from the playstation store on ps4? I rented the game from a local family video just to see if it was worth the double dip (played on pc) and of course I'm hooked all over again.

My girlfriend and I love to play together...

We decided to pull the trigger and buy the game from PSN but it keeps giving me error messages (E-82000171 I think) when I push confirm purchase. And if I try to just add funds, I get an error saying my credit card information isn't valid.

This is strange because we just purchased an upgrade for minecraft on ps4 and had no troubles. I have went through my wallet, deleted all my billing info and re-entered. Made sure everything matched perfect.

Tried other cards to no avail. Tried from the SEN website on my pc to no avail.

The cards work fine, I've been using them like always, nothing strange from my banking website. Just for whatever reason, sony doesn't want my money.

yamo

So i'm thinking of making a hardcore character for the trophies i'm missing. Does anyone know if a hardcore character will be counted for the Dream Team trophy?

My first pick for a hardcore character would be a Crusader but I already have one at lvl 70 and i'm not that keen on leveling another. Thinking of going Barbarian instead, and it would be an added bonus if that counts to the Dream Team trophy as well.

David___

Banned
So i'm thinking of making a hardcore character for the trophies i'm missing. Does anyone know if a hardcore character will be counted for the Dream Team trophy?

My first pick for a hardcore character would be a Crusader but I already have one at lvl 70 and i'm not that keen on leveling another. Thinking of going Barbarian instead, and it would be an added bonus if that counts to the Dream Team trophy as well.

If you are going to level a a hardcore character, use a class you haven't leveled to 70 since Dream Team needs you to level up 6 unique classes

etzsc0G.jpg

Why you gotta make me choose between the two? :(

I think I'll just keep it stand-by and swap it in when the game starts throwing them spinning lasers.

Voidance

Does anyone have Tasker and Theo for trade? I'm looking to power up my Witch Doctor.

I have a lot of crusader stuff available as well as a Mask of Jeram. Let me know if you're interested.

ZeroX03

Banned
Just beat Zoltun Kulle, by far the easiest boss in the game so far. He dropped in less than 20 seconds, before his guardians even died and I'd just put the difficulty up from hard to expert. Strange.

Velcro Fly

Act V done! Awesome final fight on hard with my Crusader. Really love the final few quests as the Crusader. Not sure how it is for other classes.

Time to level to 70 and then maybe trophy hunt!

Something I've noticed over the days, if you reduce the difficulty from the main menu, restart the game and switch back to the higher difficulty, the game tends to drop more legendaries.

Got 8 pieces incl 2 sets in 30 minutes.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just played from midway through Act III to the start of Act V. I was initially just playing to blaze through the story and get to Adventure Mode, but I'm actually having a lot of fun with the story. Of course, I don't know that I'd want to do it more than once, so I'm glad I jumped into the game after RoS so I have Adventure to look forward to. What a fantastic game.

And now, class-related question: What's the best basic attack to use with DH? I was using Hungering Arrow for a while, but then I got a quiver that made Bolas explode instantly, so I switched to that for a while. But now I've replaced that quiver with a much better one that doesn't have that ability anymore. So I've switched over to Hungering Arrow again, this time with the "Increase Hatred generated by Hungering Arrow" rune equipped. It's working out pretty well so far, but is there something better I should use? I tend to rely on Rapid Fire a lot, so the increased Hatred generation is nice, but if there's something better I'd definitely switch over.

Top Bottom