• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Kamina

Golden Boy
I am trying to get a Flawless Royal Emerald, but it just costs so much and i don't even one single Royal yet.
Does anyone have one spare they could donate or trade?

Just played from midway through Act III to the start of Act V. I was initially just playing to blaze through the story and get to Adventure Mode, but I'm actually having a lot of fun with the story. Of course, I don't know that I'd want to do it more than once, so I'm glad I jumped into the game after RoS so I have Adventure to look forward to. What a fantastic game.

And now, class-related question: What's the best basic attack to use with DH? I was using Hungering Arrow for a while, but then I got a quiver that made Bolas explode instantly, so I switched to that for a while. But now I've replaced that quiver with a much better one that doesn't have that ability anymore. So I've switched over to Hungering Arrow again, this time with the "Increase Hatred generated by Hungering Arrow" rune equipped. It's working out pretty well so far, but is there something better I should use? I tend to rely on Rapid Fire a lot, so the increased Hatred generation is nice, but if there's something better I'd definitely switch over.
I am using Evasive Fire with the 200% dmg Rune as Hatred generator and Cluster Arrow with Loaded for Bear as Hatred spender (much better than Rapid Fire if you have supporting gear).
Love that build. So much power.

Korezo

Just played from midway through Act III to the start of Act V. I was initially just playing to blaze through the story and get to Adventure Mode, but I'm actually having a lot of fun with the story. Of course, I don't know that I'd want to do it more than once, so I'm glad I jumped into the game after RoS so I have Adventure to look forward to. What a fantastic game.

And now, class-related question: What's the best basic attack to use with DH? I was using Hungering Arrow for a while, but then I got a quiver that made Bolas explode instantly, so I switched to that for a while. But now I've replaced that quiver with a much better one that doesn't have that ability anymore. So I've switched over to Hungering Arrow again, this time with the "Increase Hatred generated by Hungering Arrow" rune equipped. It's working out pretty well so far, but is there something better I should use? I tend to rely on Rapid Fire a lot, so the increased Hatred generation is nice, but if there's something better I'd definitely switch over.

I am using Evasive Fire with the 200% dmg Rune as Hatred generator and Cluster Arrow with Loaded for Bear as Hatred spender (much better than Rapid Fire if you have supporting gear).
Love that build. So much power.

Yea, right now I'm using evasive fire with dmg bonus for hatred, and cluster arrow with loaded for bear and elemental arrow snow or electric for dps.

BokehKing

Banned
If anyone has spare lut socks or wants to invite me into the "last of us" rift that would be great, I just want to experience that before Destiny, otherwise I probably won't play again until 2.1 comes out.

Bonus question, how high must my base damage be for torment 3? I have my armor covered by one of those legendary belts of "armor=gold picked up for 5 seconds" so sometimes I have like 11 million armor

Kamina

Golden Boy
If anyone has spare lut socks or wants to invite me into the "last of us" rift that would be great, I just want to experience that before Destiny, otherwise I probably won't play again until 2.1 comes out.

Bonus question, how high must my base damage be for torment 3? I have my armor covered by one of those legendary belts of "armor=gold picked up for 5 seconds" so sometimes I have like 11 million armor
1000k is a good value for T2 and should be able to handle T3 too. 11M armor is pretty crazy and should suffice too.

yamo

Thanks, Barbarian it is then.

Hmm i'm not sure if Barbarian is the best hardcore character for me. I just love jumping in to those huge pack of monsters and elites, already had a close call on normal difficulty due to me being stupid.

SnakeEyes

Banned
etzsc0G.jpg

Why you gotta make me choose between the two? :(

I think I'll just keep it stand-by and swap it in when the game starts throwing them spinning lasers.
Holy shit, that DPS! O.O

f@luS

More than a member.
Well i didnt intend to buy it as i would have no Time for destiny as well

But my Friend called my yday to tell me If i know this game i asked why he said he got it If i want it as well as he can get me all activision game

805486image848.jpg

No choice then :)

Yasuraka

Got a spare RRoG with not too bad stats I think and Body, Legs and Feet of Blackthorne's set. Anyone wanna trade for something they have multiple of? Say a nice Fate of the Fell or Arkhans body? :D On PS4

Diablo%2520III_%2520Reaper%2520of%2520Souls%2520%25E2%2580%2593%2520Ultimate%2520Evil%2520Edition%2520%2528English%2529_20140907132638.jpg

Jolkien

I've got the same dps, it's still not good enough for T6.

Depend on your build. I have 1064k sheet damage and I can clear T6. I also have 82% holy damage and 28% elite damage (as an holy shotgun crusader build). Really depend on your gear I wouldn't judge someone dps by their sheet damage. It makes a very poor job at demonstrating your true damage.

I crit pack for 50-60mil per cast. Don't give up if your damage is that high your probably not far from being able to though ;)

I own a Crusader too, with about 550k dps and i didnt have so good experiences with T3. Maybe it depends on the build then.

It's all about synergy and optimization. I have less DPS and Healing than DeathJr, but I can do T6 without to much trouble.

Critical Hit Chance, Critical Hit Damage and Cooldown Reduction are very important. And don't forget that some bonuses don't reflect on your sheet DPS, like 10% bonus damage from Hellskull and Holy bonus damage.

madp0k

Hit a bit of a wall with the loot god, haven't upgraded any kit in a week. Loot god hates me, gambling lady just gives me tat and my mailbox is lovingly filled by GAF with scrap metal. 415k/12m/11k Crusader

Depend on your build. I have 1064k sheet damage and I can clear T6. I also have 82% holy damage and 28% elite damage (as an holy shotgun crusader build). Really depend on your gear I wouldn't judge someone dps by their sheet damage. It makes a very poor job at demonstrating your true damage.

I crit pack for 50-60mil per cast. Don't give up if your damage is that high your probably not far from being able to though ;)

It's all about synergy and optimization. I have less DPS and Healing than DeathJr, but I can do T6 without to much trouble.

Critical Hit Chance, Critical Hit Damage and Cooldown Reduction are very important. And don't forget that some bonuses don't reflect on your sheet DPS, like 10% bonus damage from Hellskull and Holy bonus damage.

Sorry, I didn't mean I can't do T6, just that I can't run though a rift blasting everyone like I can on T5.

I have to fix some stats to be confident on T6. Holy dmg is 37%, elite dmg is 30%, crit chance 46.5% but crit dmg is low 327%

Resistances are 650 each, arcane/holy is 800 while physical is 1200.

Striek

Just finished the game. Story was better than people gave it credit for. Not fantastic, but enjoyable enough. Leagues better than D1/D2. Far better gameplay too.

Didn't die a single time on Normal/Act 5 Hard though (don't think I ever came close in fact), which was not the case with say D2. Looking forward to amping up the challenge a bit.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Jesus. Must have spent 3000 shards trying to get Bombadier's Rucksack over the last week and not even a crappy one has popped out of Kadala yet. Hopefully they are not a myth and actually exist ;)

This question has probably been asked many times over. But which it's the best character to use for a run at the hardcore trophy? And which difficulty to try and do it at?

X-Frame

What are good pieces of gear to get All Resist on? I only have around 250 for Arcane/Cold and around 500 for the rest. I have the full Akkhan and Captain Crimson Set bonus with RROG.

XaosWolf

On Act III now, playing on Expert. Level 47 Monk.

Is playing as or alongside a Wizard supposed to not be any fun? Does the Monk have nothing to contribute to such a duo? =/

We can both tank absolutely anything the game throws out at us at this point, but my Monks Spirit doesn't increase at all, and every skill costs a shit-tonne to cast at a short range.

I don't even think it's the difficulty being particularly easy, it's that the Wizard is less a glass cannon than a goddamn adamantium one.

Jolkien

This question has probably been asked many times over. But which it's the best character to use for a run at the hardcore trophy? And which difficulty to try and do it at?

I used a demon hunter, ran on hard the whole way. Was really easy, never been in danger. When I killed Malthael, around lvl 42 iirc I just chain ran Hell Rift bounties until 70.

ZenaxPure

What are good pieces of gear to get All Resist on? I only have around 250 for Arcane/Cold and around 500 for the rest. I have the full Akkhan and Captain Crimson Set bonus with RROG.

Typically people shoot for AR on pants, belt, chest, and shoulders. Bracers are a good spot too but it comes at the cost of some VIT so it depends on what you want. Boots can be a solid spot too but the competition is a bit higher since before paragon 200 movespeed is a viable stat and usually there are good skills for skill damage on boots. Hat and gloves are the two places you almost never want AR as they both can have great DPS stats and both can roll up to 750 vit. Also not really gear, but, the defensive tab of paragon points all resist, is pretty much always the first thing you want to max out.

Audioboxer

Can some gaffers add me? I don't do a lot of co-op surprisingly, quite a solo player but for nemesis, gifts and just getting more PSN friends it would be cool.

PSN is my username, Audioboxer. Cheers :D

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Alright gaf I got two questions.

First I'm a Witch Doc lvl 70.

Which is a better roll? 43% crit dmg or 5% attack speed?

Second, I'm trying to decide which gem to put in my weapon. Lets just say for arguments sake its the absolute best gem you can. I'm deciding between crit dmg and dmg to elites. I'm not worried about the dmg to regular mobs so my question is would the bouns to crit dmg equal out to the dmg to elites or would I get more bang for my buck going with dmg to elities since I'm targeting them specifically?

BokehKing

Banned
Alright gaf I got two questions.

First I'm a Witch Doc lvl 70.

Which is a better roll? 43% crit dmg or 5% attack speed?

Second, I'm trying to decide which gem to put in my weapon. Lets just say for arguments sake its the absolute best gem you can. I'm deciding between crit dmg and dmg to elites. I'm not worried about the dmg to regular mobs so my question is would the bouns to crit dmg equal out to the dmg to elites or would I get more bang for my buck going with dmg to elities since I'm targeting them specifically?
Crit damage

To both?

So crit dmg would exceed the dmg to elites? Seems like an oversight because whats the purpose of dmg to elites if theres no trade off?

Crit damage works on all enemies
Damage to elites is only for elites.

+DMG to elites is only good as a set bonus or SoJ. Basically not worth giving up a better affix for.

Remember to keep a 1:10 ratio between crit chance and crit damage.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Crit damage works on all enemies
Damage to elites is only for elites.

Yeah I realize that but what I'm saying is for instance if the crit dmg was an additional 5% overall DPS to everyone vs dmg to elites being 7% but 0% to regular mobs, I'd pick the dmg to elites because trash mobs aren't my concern. But if crit dmg truly does surpass the dmg to elites specifically then again, I dont see the point.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Fucking dammit game, 2 Rare monsters with craptons of shit prefixes (Waller, Frozen, Arcane Enchanted, Poison Enchanted, Teleporter, Jailer, the works!) and a goddamn Nemesis spawned on top of this shit. Fuck.

Sorry, I didn't mean I can't do T6, just that I can't run though a rift blasting everyone like I can on T5.

I have to fix some stats to be confident on T6. Holy dmg is 37%, elite dmg is 30%, crit chance 46.5% but crit dmg is low 327%

Resistances are 650 each, arcane/holy is 800 while physical is 1200.

For comparison and maybe this will help you both a little, this is currently my build and stats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if-wfDSXNwE

I need to improve some things (like CHD) but I can do T6 rifts without to much trouble.

Think I'm done with my crusader.

All drops I've gotten for the past week or so have been junk, and the gear I do have is only beneficial for fist of the heavens spam....its literally the only attack I use.

So boring.

Kyoufu

Think I'm done with my crusader.

All drops I've gotten for the past week or so have been junk, and the gear I do have is only beneficial for fist of the heavens spam....its literally the only attack I use.

So boring.

Welcome to Crusader and general endgame spender spam in Diablo 3 :p

Laconic

Banned
Man, I cannot believe how unbased RNGod has been on console.

On PC, I had at least half a dozen SoJs of various flavours.

Not a single one given, on console. :/

It is pretty much the only thing holding my Shotty back, now.

That and a Hellskull... and a good amulet.

Pretty much my worst rolls, and rarest, have been jewelry.

I have yet to see a single trifecta ammy roll, let alone a quad (Main Stat, Elemental %, CC, and CD).

lmbotiva

finished the game yesterday, is it worth keeping it for adventure mode? BB is offering 40 bucks for it so im debating, what to do GAF?

Top Bottom