• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

So, have any of you guys had any troubles buying the digital copy of D3 from the playstation store on ps4? I rented the game from a local family video just to see if it was worth the double dip (played on pc) and of course I'm hooked all over again.

My girlfriend and I love to play together...

We decided to pull the trigger and buy the game from PSN but it keeps giving me error messages (E-82000171 I think) when I push confirm purchase. And if I try to just add funds, I get an error saying my credit card information isn't valid.

This is strange because we just purchased an upgrade for minecraft on ps4 and had no troubles. I have went through my wallet, deleted all my billing info and re-entered. Made sure everything matched perfect.

Tried other cards to no avail. Tried from the SEN website on my pc to no avail.

The cards work fine, I've been using them like always, nothing strange from my banking website. Just for whatever reason, sony doesn't want my money.
Have you tried deleting the install from the disc version? I dunno if that's required, but it's worth a shot.

Wow, I guess there are already many hackers in this game. I did a quick match T6 bounty run and went straight into a game with 3 random chaps. Or so I thought. From the look of it, they all knew each other very well. All of them were Crusaders. Two of them had a 55k weapon. Yup, you read that right. The other one had a weapon without any dmg written on it but his overall dmg was 155M (155 million). He also had a blue chest armor with 55000 str. At that point I just left the game.

Before I left, one of them said he was impressed by my gear and thought I was "legit".

Didn't know it was that easy to cheat in this game...

dralla

Resource cost reduction, is that for Blacksmithing, you need less resources to make stuff? Or does it lower the cost of using abilities/spells?

Tevren

Has anyone been able to find the gibbering gemstone? I ran caverns on frost 20 times back to back and killed Chiltara, not once did she drop the stone :(

Got one last night. It's just an obscenely low drop chance. I lost count of how many runs I made to get it.

krpiper

So I bought the base game on PC and enjoyed it but my laptop struggled with it so I didn't get very far,(act 3 maybe?) I then bought a used 360 copy and didn't get very far until I sold my 360 and games for a ps4.

I am considering buying D3 yet again. Is it worth $40? (a guy is selling it on craigslist, so is there any online pass or anything like that?) Also how does it perform compared to the 360 version?

Also what is this adventure mode? And if I don't have many friends who play am I okay with random games or should I start adding D3 GAF

Jabba

Banned
Had a wtf moment that's never happened. Cleared out a good portion of at beginning of the map. Nemesis horn went off. I'm thinking, "fuck yeah, got this bitch to myself." I run a short ways back to the cleared area by the second horn. Just before the third horn, enemies start spawning out of the ground and in the area, giving me a harder fight than it should have been. Granted it's possible I missed the in ground spawn, which was only 2 goatmen. The other purples though, were no where to be found as I made sure the area was cleared. These guys were not the Nemesis spawns, unless they spawn just before the third horn.

Killed them all but this never happened to me before a Nemesis spawn. Dropped some crappy yellow for me and a gift for Drewfumagic, I think.

@krpiper

Yeah it's worth $40, easily, imo. I would add some D3gaf too and try some pubs.

Drame

Decided to run through the game on Hardcore. Made another Crusader for it because Crusaders do what Crusaders do best: slay demons.

Playing on hardcore is really fun as you never know when you are going to meet your death. Although, after the slow start and gaining more and more gear I kinda forgot that I was playing on hardcore and just rushed the game through.

Oh well, opened Adventure Mode so now the climb to 70 begins. One thing I noticed that I was getting a lot more gift drops than in softcore. It might be just my luck though.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
So I bought the base game on PC and enjoyed it but my laptop struggled with it so I didn't get very far,(act 3 maybe?) I then bought a used 360 copy and didn't get very far until I sold my 360 and games for a ps4.

I am considering buying D3 yet again. Is it worth $40? (a guy is selling it on craigslist, so is there any online pass or anything like that?) Also how does it perform compared to the 360 version?

Also what is this adventure mode? And if I don't have many friends who play am I okay with random games or should I start adding D3 GAF

I bought the game on PS3/PC and just payed £60 (ridiculous UK psn prices) for PS4 version. That's about $98. Crazy I know but I don't regret triple dipping at such a price because I'm having loads of fun with it. If you really did enjoy playing it on 360 and want to get through it this time and also play RoS then go for it. and there is no online pass. a used copy will be fine.

PS4 version is runs 60fps/1080p. it's been pretty damn stable framerate all the way through. only a few times it has dropped but lasts a couple seconds. when i played on ps3 the game would freeze for a few seconds and there was some screen tearing. i don't know how the 360 version compared to ps3. the ps4 version runs great.

adventure mode is the end game. there's two modes in the game: campaign and adventure. campaign is obviously the story and you need to play through all 5 acts to unlock adventure mode. in adventure mode you do bounties such as clearing a dungeon or killing a particular enemy. same locations/characters from campaign mode. however, when you do these you get Rift Keys. Once you get 5 of these you can do a Nephalem Rift which is essentially random dungeon levels all mixed together into one huge dungeon where you must kill the Rift Guardians Minions. Once you do this then you must face the Rift Guardian itself.

Also, when you level past 70 you start earning paragon levels which reward you points to further enhance your character. I think once you complete ACT IV you unlock Master difficulty (you start off with Normal/Hard/Expert. i think that's the names!) then when you get to level 60 you unlock Torment 1 to 6. The higher your difficulty the more gold/exp etc you get.

I hit 66 with my hardcore Barbarian last night. I just have to get to 70 with her and my softcore Demon Hunter, then I'll have the platinum trophy!

And wtf at my drops in hardcore. I play as a Barbarian yet I get witch doctor helms and mojos, and stuff rolls INT.

David___

Banned
I hit 66 with my hardcore Barbarian last night. I just have to get to 70 with her and my softcore Demon Hunter, then I'll have the platinum trophy!

And wtf at my drops in hardcore. I play as a Barbarian yet I get witch doctor helms and mojos, and stuff rolls INT.

Hardcore characters don't seem to count for the Dream Team trophy for whatever reason. I just hit 70 with my hardcore wizard and its box didn't check off in the challenge.

edit: Double checked the trophy guide and someone confirmed that they do. Nvm

nowai

Decided to run through the game on Hardcore. Made another Crusader for it because Crusaders do what Crusaders do best: slay demons.

Playing on hardcore is really fun as you never know when you are going to meet your death. Although, after the slow start and gaining more and more gear I kinda forgot that I was playing on hardcore and just rushed the game through.

Oh well, opened Adventure Mode so now the climb to 70 begins. One thing I noticed that I was getting a lot more gift drops than in softcore. It might be just my luck though.

Are you on PSN? I unlocked adventure mode yesterday and am up for some co-op. Was playing with Omega yesterday until he croaked. RIP.

PSN sunvsthemoon

Recall

Once I complete all 5 acts, what do I then do to get myself to 70? Replay story content or just adventure mode? Never reached the level cap before so end game progression is new to I.

Just got to 70 in hardcore! Had a few close calls there. Phew.

Surprised by how easily obtainable the platinum is now. Just need to get all characters to 70 and I'm just about set. Oh, and 500 bounties. Ugh

Once I complete all 5 acts, what do I then do to get myself to 70? Replay story content or just adventure mode? Never reached the level cap before so end game progression is new to I.

You can play back through the story on a harder difficulty for better Legendary drop rates and higher experience earned, or play through Adventure Mode and run some rifts. Never get old.

Drame

Are you on PSN? I unlocked adventure mode yesterday and am up for some co-op. Was playing with Omega yesterday until he croaked. RIP.

PSN sunvsthemoon
Yup, I'm on psn my id is Halba.

I'll add you tomorrow for some hardcore madness.

I used a demon hunter, ran on hard the whole way. Was really easy, never been in danger. When I killed Malthael, around lvl 42 iirc I just chain ran Hell Rift bounties until 70.

Thanks for the reply. Will Demon hunter a run.
Beat Malthael at level 42? That's crazy. I have a level 36 wizard and I'm just in act 2. I ain't done any grinding either, but I do like to explore all corners of the map and all optional dungeons.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Quick question: About how long is Act V, hours-wise? Lv. 51 DH, if that makes a difference. Just wanna know how much longer I've got until I hit Adventure.

I'm starting a Wizard character.

Does someone is is playing on the Torment Lvl wants to team up with me so I can Lvl him fast?

PSN Frost-Fiend

Send me a in game invite if interested. I also have a few two handed all 70 swords I'm about to send out. One of them is named Maximus and another is a green set legend that I crafted.

I'll prolly give first dibs to whoever helps me Lvl my Wizard.

WatTsu

So is there any bonus for finishing all the Acts in Adventure Mode, or can I just go and play whichever ones I want? I'm not terribly interested in replaying the first 3 acts, so if I could farm Act V or whatever for a while that'd be cool.

Just played with another hacker. God damn, are they rampant...

cY3oivh.jpg

Well, just hit 70 with my hardcore Barbarian. All that's left is to get my Demon Hunter leveled up, and looking at the trophies, I realized I still need to do the 500 bounties one. Guess I'll farm Khazra Den and Zoltan Khulle bounties on Normal.

ZeroX03

Banned
I bought the game on PS3/PC and just payed £60 (ridiculous UK psn prices) for PS4 version. That's about $98. Crazy I know but I don't regret triple dipping at such a price because I'm having loads of fun with it.

Jesus dude, make a US PSN account.

Tevren

Hmm, did you play on story or adventure mode, and which difficulty?

I was in Campaign, Heart of Sin I think was the chapter. Was running on Hard for speed sake. From bastion's keep, warp to the Bridge, run North nd slightly west, if the cave wasn't there, or was Icefall caves, I quit out and reset.

Mik3F

What are the fastest bounties to do to level up quickly, trying to get my level 45 Hardcore WD to 70

I am doing Misers Will and Miners Bounty at the moment on Master

Paganmoon

seriously pissed of with this game now (and myself to an extent, but mostly the game), got a legendary crossbow in my mail yesterday, identified, and it was awesome, but apparently I logged out too quickly after I got it, so it didn't save. fucking annoying...

nowai

seriously pissed of with this game now (and myself to an extent, but mostly the game), got a legendary crossbow in my mail yesterday, identified, and it was awesome, but apparently I logged out too quickly after I got it, so it didn't save. fucking annoying...

If you quit in game it will auto save.

Are you on PS4? I can craft you a bow if you're in need of a weapon.

Paganmoon

If you quit in game it will auto save.

Are you on PS4? I can craft you a bow if you're in need of a weapon.
I'm sure I was on title screen admiring the huge ass crossbow I was holding before shutting the game down, but I guess it could've been the options menu now that I think about it, damn:( got my old hand crossbow with 2.1k damage still,but damn I liked that legendary, was hoping to test out T2 with it.

Yeah, I'm on PS4, what mats do you need for the bow?

Game has BS save stages. Needs to save on at least identify. Had this happen with a nice staff and got burned.

Aside, I'm starting a hardcore Wiz. Will be streaming some today.

Raide

Hit 55 on my Season 1 Crusader. I like the class but I don't love it. Some cool skills to play with but I am still unsure of what is the best setup to use.

Finished the new act and played with Adventure Mode a bit. I like this. I am assuming you can start a fresh level 1 char and start right with Adventure Mode to level instead of the straight act stuff?

nowai

I'm sure I was on title screen admiring the huge ass crossbow I was holding before shutting the game down, but I guess it could've been the options menu now that I think about it, damn:( got my old hand crossbow with 2.1k damage still,but damn I liked that legendary, was hoping to test out T2 with it.

Yeah, I'm on PS4, what mats do you need for the bow?

Just your username on PSN and I'll mail one too you.

Sorry for the delayed reply, was watching the hype Falcons/Saints game!

Cheddahz

Banned
I just got this for mt Xbox One (since I took advantage of the Xbox One deal today) and this is my first Diablo game ever, are there any tips for a newcomer like myself?

Top Bottom