• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Raide

I just got this for mt Xbox One (since I took advantage of the Xbox One deal today) and this is my first Diablo game ever, are there any tips for a newcomer like myself?

Easy is too easy. Crank up the difficulty from the off and find a happy balance. If you find yourself getting ruined, you can notch it down from the pause menu.

Loot tend to drop focused more around your class but try to focus around their Primary Stat. (They say what this is before character select)

Don;t get attached to items. You will swap them. Don't be scared to drop one item for something else you may not think of using. Getting that DPS up at the start can make your leveling up process much more relaxing.

RoboVonHobo

Neo Member
Why Blizzard Whyyyy!? Not enough time to really max out my character before Destiny. Wish this game was released a bit earlier. But yes, the loot is incredible. I love the green drops. Set pieces are amazing.

Can someone please tell me why they make it SO RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE to remove Jewels from your items???

OH and what is up with how incredibly hard it is to find certain enchanting materials? Deaths Breath is like uber rare. They gotta allow you to buy this stuff! Even if they have to make it expensive!

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone please tell me why they make it SO RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE to remove Jewels from your items???

OH and what is up with how incredibly hard it is to find certain enchanting materials? Deaths Breath is like uber rare. They gotta allow you to buy this stuff! Even if they have to make it expensive!
It's the ridiculous cost to actually make the gems that is the biggest problem, IMO. Don't know @ what difficulty you are playing, but Death's Breaths should not be a problem. They drop all the time from Champion / Elite packs and Rare enemies. The bigger problem is Veiled Crystals, as you need much more of them for crafting while you also might want to sell a lot of the yellow gear you get just so you can get the gold for the Jeweler.

RoboVonHobo

Neo Member

Seriously! I haven't had much of a problem with deaths breath but Forgotten Souls are SO RARE for me. They are needed to craft legendary and set armor, AND to enchant, but I cant seem to get my hands on them.

drotahorror

What are the fastest bounties to do to level up quickly, trying to get my level 45 Hardcore WD to 70

I am doing Misers Will and Miners Bounty at the moment on Master

Well, on expert on a WD in HC between levels 60-70 I was getting nearly 2 levels just doing act 1 bounties and completing all 5 of them. It was taking me about 15-20min to do them. I found that pretty fast for the last 10 levels of the game. Some act 1 bounties are better than others, like killing the spider boss for me was very annoying. Also butcher could be tedious. Just finding them was the bad part.

But yeah tldr, complete all act 1 bounties on expert or higher. You should level fast.

drotahorror

Seriously! I haven't had much of a problem with deaths breath but Forgotten Souls are SO RARE for me. They are needed to craft legendary and set armor, AND to enchant, but I cant seem to get my hands on them.

salvage legendaries or kill rift guardians. Pretty much the best ways to get them.

i must be at over 200 caches now and not a single rorg anyone on xb1 in a generous mood ?

I salvaged 5 today lol you're on xbox one right? what are you looking to have on it, like critical damage+critical chance + 00-00 damage and + to intelligence, dexterity or strength, so I will know to save you one next time I get it.

RoboVonHobo

Neo Member
salvage legendaries or kill rift guardians. Pretty much the best ways to get them.

Yeah that's the only way I know to get them. It's just a slow process because I don't get legendaries often enough to salvage what I need for enchantments and crafting. I'm on torment II mostly

X-Frame

Grimløck;128890499 said:
that's nuts. i've done t6 with worse stats and gear with a crusader. i used the blessed hammer/lord commander builds. no fate of the fell, no stone of jordan.

Are those 2 builds from the Deadset Gaming channel?

gl0w

new gaf member needs a Danetta Bow if anyone have one to spare.

his psnid is narf76, cool guy, sent me some wings.

he can't post yet, so that why i'm asking for him!

HORRORSHØW

Are those 2 builds from the Deadset Gaming channel?

yes! he has them as two separate builds. i made a hybrid version based on his builds using baleful remnant and blessed hammer. the idea is since you're constantly going to be in AC mode anyway, you get free pets for every kill while in AC mode while constantly spamming blessed hammer. that combined with your phalanx bowmen, you have a formidable mobile army. for the AC passive i had the one that gave you extra armor and an extra life.

Damn. Almost every Torment 6 public game that I found today had at least 1 player using modded gear.

LR1vPr5.jpg

dP8wOfH.jpg

But the worst of the lot was this one....

Audioboxer

I'm at level 67.

Is it worth it to do ACT1 again on torment to get to 70 and also for a chance at some legendaries? I'm sure I read somewhere legendaries drop less in adventure mode and you really need to be geared for rifts.

I also thought I read there's some legendaries exclusive to ACT1?

X-Frame

Grimløck;128897870 said:
yes! he has them as two separate builds. i made a hybrid version based on his builds using baleful remnant and blessed hammer. the idea is since you're constantly going to be in AC mode anyway, you get free pets for every kill while in AC mode while constantly spamming blessed hammer. that combined with your phalanx bowmen, you have a formidable mobile army. for the AC passive i had the one that gave you extra armor and an extra life.

Interesting! Were you focusing on any 1 elemental power?

HORRORSHØW

Damn. Almost every Torment 6 public game that I found today had at least 1 player using modded gear.

But the worst of the lot was this one....

lol why?

i've never played a public game before, and that's a good incentive to not start.

Interesting! Were you focusing on any 1 elemental power?

yeah, i was stacking electricity. my baleful was electric dmg, but not electric %. i was still pretty high on the elec% though. i'll check later and see where it's at.

edit: my lightning% was stacked at only 58%. cdr at 45%.

My shield-bash does around 7-8 million damage on critical hits now. Heavenly fist does about 4-5 million.

As a Diablo noob, I have no idea where that falls on the spectrum from crap to awesome, but damn it's amazing how watching those yellow numbers gradually increase over time can be so satisfying.

TheYanger

I'm at level 67.

Is it worth it to do ACT1 again on torment to get to 70 and also for a chance at some legendaries? I'm sure I read somewhere legendaries drop less in adventure mode and you really need to be geared for rifts.

I also thought I read there's some legendaries exclusive to ACT1?

There are guaranteed legendaries the first time you kill bosses (prior to 70 so you don't save this up), otherwise this is completely false. Adventure mode is just better. the 'exclusive' legendaries are from adventure mode - bounty reward caches have specific drops per act, and the Act 1 ring is required for a lot of builds so it tends to be the only one people run.

TheYanger

You can reset the story though, and do it all over again. But yeah, adventure mode is where it's at.

Yes but it literally only gets you 1 'extra' legendary - Malthael. Everyone else drops one one time ever, and only below level 70. Meanwhile, you also don't accumulate bounties or rift stones while in story mode, so there's actually a lower legendary drop rate when you factor in the gains from those sources (vastly so because of rifts). It is quite pointless to do story more than once.

BokehKing

Banned
Why Blizzard Whyyyy!? Not enough time to really max out my character before Destiny. Wish this game was released a bit earlier. But yes, the loot is incredible. I love the green drops. Set pieces are amazing.
Just come back when we get patch 2.1
For starters the Jewel crafter won't bang you over the head

ironmang

Anybody have a str/crusader SoJ and want to trade for my int/WD one?

Just got a second pair of Akkhan's Pants too which I'll trade for any piece that's not Shoulders or Boots.

FLEABttn

Banned
My gf logged into her account and all of her followers no longer had any gear.

Needless to say, she is not happy. Any ideas as to what happened?

atzetango

Neo Member
new gaf member needs a Danetta Bow if anyone have one to spare.

his psnid is narf76, cool guy, sent me some wings.

he can't post yet, so that why i'm asking for him!

I have the danetta Set. I can send him the Set tmrw (eu time).

My psn: skamawall

P.s. I am in search for a calamity, kridershot, bombarders Rucksack and Wings :)

Hey guys, I'm looking for the Blade and Valor Wings and the Staff of Herding. I have Angelic and Crimson Wings to trade in exchange, or the Bottled Smoke and Bottled Cloud dyes.

Edit: PM me if you're interested. :) Cheers.

Laconic

Banned
I just started using my full Akkhan's today. I run out of Wrath pretty fast, but I'm not optimally stacked with cooldown.

Nevertheless, T3 is easy... just boring if I exhast my Wrath. Such is the way of playing without a generator.

Though I think that for T3~4 I could reasonably forego Provoke for a generator.

887k, 10.5m, 11k main parameters. 32% holy, 50+ CC, 435 CD.

Top Bottom