• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

HORRORSHØW

briefly touched 95 million toughness on my wd.

Bw-ZPZWCMAAigXp.jpg:large

JPS Kai

Just started doing adventure mode and went straight into torment 2. Been kinda rough, but the random people I've run with have been pretty cool. Got a set amulet that I have no need for (Blackthorne's) on my barbarian.

Here's to hoping my luck can improve and I can get that immortal king's set. :D

Laconic

Banned
Grimløck;128937542 said:
briefly touched 95 million toughness on my wd.

Bw-ZPZWCMAAigXp.jpg:large

I just got a Sunkeeper myself, this evening.

About the same damage, too.

Which is a shame, since it doesn't have a socket. :/

mstevens

Just got The Last of Us monsters for the first time... that was really cool. It was so satisfying to just blow through them after sneaking around them for so long...

ironmang

Where would be a good place to find trades? Trying to trade my spair akkhans pants and WD SoJ for other akkhans pieces and Crusader SoJ.

JJD

Guys I'm looking for some DH items:

I want Marauder's helmet and legs, Andariel Visage, Ouroboros, Blacktorne Duncraig Cross, Blacktorne Notched Belt and Natalya's Slayer.

Preference for the items with Dex (obviously!) Crit Chance and Crit Damage!

I'm tired of grinding for those items...I once had 4 RoRG and 2 Stone of Jordans from grinding Act. 1 bounties and horadric caches on torment 5 for days but I gave most my items away for gaffers on my FL.

Now I have to trade (all legendary or set items):

Weapons:

1 Calamity, 1 Danetta's Spite and one 1 Dawn all of then with a Flawless Royal Emerald, 2 Danetta's Revenge (Lol, Kadala gave me both one after the other. 1 has kinda shitty stats, the other is fine!), 1 Buriza-Do Kyanon, 1 Hellrack, 1 Helltrapper, 1 Manticore.

Belts:

1 Guardian's Case, 2 Thundergod's Vigor.

Legs:

1 The Shadow's Coil with 2 Flawless Royal Emeralds, 1 Depth Diggers, 1 Swamp Land Waders.

Feet:

1 Blackthone's Spurs, 1 Natalya's Bloody Footprints, 1 The Shadow Heels, 1 Crudest Boots.

Hands:

1 very good Magefist.

Shoulders:

1 very good Pauldron of the Skeleton King (I was using this one until I found the Marauder shoulder, good item!)

Chest:

1 Chainmail, 1 Cloak of Deception and 1 Tyrael's Might.

Head:

1 Blind Faith, 1 Deathseer's Cowl (with socket) and 1 Mempo of Twilight (with socket).

Neck:

1 Golden Gorget of Leoric, 1 Halcyon's Ascent, 1 Ess of Johan (with socket), 1 Kickass Countess Julia's Cameo (takes all arcane damage away and heals for 23% of damage, with a Flawless Royal Diamond).

Wrists:

1 Trag'Oul Coils, Warzechian Armguards.

Rings:

1 Natalya's Reflection, 1 The Compass Rose, 1 Band of Hollow Whispers, 1 Manald Heal, 1 RRoG, 1 Stone of Jordan and 1 Rogar's Huge Stone.

Misc. Items:

1 Bottomless potion of Mutilation and the legendary neck item that let the Scoundrel gain access to all his skills.

I can craft a shit-ton of items including the Staff of Herding. I might be willing to trade some of the 62 Forgotten Souls or some of the Flawless Royal Gems I have. (I don't have many gems left so I'm not looking to trade then, but I might consider an offer).

I used to have a lot more stuff but I gave a lot of items, gear, weapons and money away for people on my friendlist.

I can't grind for the items I want anymore, I'm tired. Lately a lot of my drops have been stuff that I already have or gave away. I can do Torment 6 already but I still don't have those items I listed.

If anybody wants to trade PM me. As soon as I get what I want I'll probably give all the rest of my stuff away to make room on my stash for my next class.

ironmang

Really looking for a Fate of the Fells, Akkhans Plate, and good amulet and shield for holy shotgun build.

Have extra akkhans pants, shoulders, and boots if anybody needs any of these things.

Grimløck;128939888 said:
hit me up. i moved on from crusader to wd so we can work out a trade if you're on ps4.

Ya I'm on ps4.

SoJ:
17% cold
431 int
467 vit
32% gold
145 max mana
30 dmg to elites

Mostly looking to trade it towards a Crusader SoJ, Fate of the Fells, or a good shield.

I was in Campaign, Heart of Sin I think was the chapter. Was running on Hard for speed sake. From bastion's keep, warp to the Bridge, run North nd slightly west, if the cave wasn't there, or was Icefall caves, I quit out and reset.

Yeah, I did that. Tried all difficulties, from normal to T6. Also tried it in adventure mode, no drops :(

I just want to play secret level once before I move on to Destiny.

Ok so how many people actually played the "last of us" rift?

Because I sure haven't, nor have I come across any clickers

Haven't come across it even once :(

Grimløck;128890499 said:
that's nuts. i've done t6 with worse stats and gear with a crusader. i used the blessed hammer/lord commander builds. no fate of the fell, no stone of jordan.

You missed me later post, I said I can do T6, just not as confidently as I an do T5.

mstevens

So... I usually play crusader, but I just leveled a Demon Hunter to 70. A few minutes after hitting 70, I got the Marauder's Carapace.... This seems good. Did I get lucky?

Not sure about stats though. Right now it has +424 dex, +99resist +397 armor and 1 socket. (Should I try to enchant to get more sockets or what?)

I'll be listing down some legendary and set items from my stash later today, have close to a 100 of them sitting there and I don't need them, so will be giving them away.

Where would be a good place to find trades? Trying to trade my spair akkhans pants and WD SoJ for other akkhans pieces and Crusader SoJ.

I have spare akkhan gloves and shoulders, and a spare SoJ with STR attribute.

Guys I'm looking for some DH items:

I want Marauder's helmet and legs, Andariel Visage, Ouroboros, Blacktorne Duncraig Cross, Blacktorne Notched Belt and Natalya's Slayer.

1 Golden Gorget of Leoric, 1 Halcyon's Ascent, 1 Ess of Johan (with socket), 1 Kickass Countess Julia's Cameo (takes all arcane damage away and heals for 23% of damage, with a Flawless Royal Diamond).

1 Natalya's Reflection, 1 The Compass Rose, 1 Band of Hollow Whispers, 1 Manald Heal, 1 RRoG, 1 Stone of Jordan and 1 Rogar's Huge Stone.

If anybody wants to trade PM me. As soon as I get what I want I'll probably give all the rest of my stuff away to make room on my stash for my next class.

I have some Blackthorne set items I can give you - ring and belt I think.

Wouldn't mind Gorget of Leoric and Compass Rose. Basically looking for a STR amulet to boost crit damage.

JJD

I'll be listing down some legendary and set items from my stash later today, have close to a 100 of them sitting there and I don't need them, so will be giving them away.

Wouldn't mind Gorget of Leoric and Compass Rose. Basically looking for a STR amulet to boost crit damage.

All my items are dex based, you would have to re roll then to get str stat! If you're still interested add me! (quote to see my PSN!)

Pons

Neo Member
My gf logged into her account and all of her followers no longer had any gear.

Needless to say, she is not happy. Any ideas as to what happened?

This has happened to my lady 3 times now. From the research I have done online, this was a problem on the vanilla console d3 release that they eventually fixed, the theory is that on the release of UEE, this problem has cropped back up. I can confirm stuff just up and disappears off of all 3 of her followers. Dismissing your followers before you play online/LAN helps but does not alleviate it entirely.

Until they fix it, the way me and my lady have been handling it is to unequip our followers, all 3, into our character inventory. Then if we play online/lan, we stash it, if we play single player we reequip them.

Its a major pita on an otherwise wonderful game. I will note that I have not lost any of my followers gear, am the primary account on the ps4 with ps+, and am almost always hosting when we play together. She is a secondary account that has ps+ benefits via it being my primary ps4 console. She never hosts, and always joins me, and has lost her follower items 3 times now, despite trying to be careful. Her character items are never effected, just follower.

ironmang

Just got the gloves and shoulders I need but I'd definitely like that SoJ. Any Fate of the Fells or Hellskull hanging out in there?

All my items are dex based, you would have to re roll then to get str stat! If you're still interested add me! (quote to see my PSN!)

Yeah that's not a problem, mine would be STR based and you will need to do the same.

Just got the gloves and shoulders I need but I'd definitely like that SoJ. Any Fate of the Fells or Hellskull hanging out in there?

Just the ones I have equipped, sorry.

Add me: ruthlesbarbarian (PS4)

Laconic

Banned
Grimløck;128939066 said:
i had to reroll for a socket. and the elite damage is so low :(, but i'm thrilled about finally getting one .

I will too.

Because even a "bad" Sunkeeper, in the right hands, is deadly.

The off-hands of Barbs, as were. ;)

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
The hacking in this game is COMLETELY out of hand. I literally CANNOT find a Torment 4-6 game without one of those fucking idiots with a Fast Professional Russian Sword breaking the game with 60 attacks a second and causing the frame- rate to slow to a crawl and become unplayable.

Put those morons with each other and leave the real game playing to normal people -- it's gotten so bad that I don't want to play anymore.

The notion that Blizzard can't do anything about this because it would "alienate the fanbase" is utter bullshit. Go in, alter the stats on the weapon and fix your god damned game.

ironmang

lol just gambled into two akkhan chests IN A ROW at kadala. After thousands of blood shards spent, I've gotten 3 pieces today: these and a pair of boots earlier.

Svafnir

The hacking in this game is COMLETELY out of hand. I literally CANNOT find a Torment 4-6 game without one of those fucking idiots with a Fast Professional Russian Sword breaking the game with 60 attacks a second and causing the frame- rate to slow to a crawl and become unplayable.

Put those morons with each other and leave the real game playing to normal people -- it's gotten so bad that I don't want to play anymore.

The notion that Blizzard can't do anything about this because it would "alienate the fanbase" is utter bullshit. Go in, alter the stats on the weapon and fix your god damned game.

I wish the online was online only. But people were so pissed about always online for the PC version that blizzard made it so you can be off-line and online with the console version characters.

They could make it so items can't go above their stat caps, but people would still be able to create perfect items. Otherwise I don't see a fix ever possible for this, as long as off-line characters can go online.

Striek

Guys what is the fastest character to play, as in movement speed? I've only played Demon Hunter which is OK with vault but at a certain point it still isn't fast enough Wanna try something new.

Kamina

Golden Boy
The Hacking was done one PS360 not PS4Xbone. Blizzard should't have allowed the transition of saves from last gen.
All they can do now is gather data on the hacked items, and patch them useless.
Guys what is the fastest character to play, as in movement speed? I've only played Demon Hunter which is OK with vault but at a certain point it still isn't fast enough Wanna try something new.
None. DH has the most mobility die to vault, Wizard can go partly mobile with teleport.
All you can do now is enhance movement speed with paragon points and wear boots with that enahncement.

Hackers ruin any MP they are in because they one shot everything. Takes all the fun out of it.

If they want to cheat and dupe fine, but they ruin public MP games with their crap.

The tip I described lets you exploit a flaw in the autosave system, which is only triggered when quitting the game or when hitting a checkpoint. It can only result in items the game creates naturally. It does not let you roll "broken" items.

Guys, its one thing if someone restarts a game to try to something again, but its something completely else if someone hacks the game and creates a 5hits per sec / 10million dmg one shot weapon with.
Cheating and exploiting are two different things. Though I agree that some exploits in other games have nearly cheat level. Diablo doesn't have that though. You either have people who hacked the game or you have some guys who play legit, but are just pissed that they spent days of blood shard collecting and Kadala still doesn't give them any Set-piece

This is correct. One exploit that has been in the PC version for months was the no-kill bounties. It exploited the fact that certain bounties and events could be completed without having to kill enemies, so the difficulty you chose didn't actually affect the challenge of completing the bounties, even though it significantly affected the gold and xp rewards. The most effective way to level (without a level 70 helper, anyway), for quite some time, was to grind these no-kill bounties, until they were recently removed.

You you can do that with anything like trading items with people. I could give you full a akkhan while keeping mine lol.

Interesting. I wonder if there's a way to do this locally.

Thank you for the tip, man!

I do not judge you as a cheater, at all.

This is a glitch, much like the Grimoire glitch in EO:U.

If anyone has issues with THAT glitch, they might just need to redefine "legit" as "demonstrably insane".

...and I just might use it, considering the shite drop rates on console for things like RoRG - especially considering the new, improved drop rates on PC.

I myself think it's cheating, though I only take it as far as saving time grinding. I'll do it to gear out a class-specific set, but not necessarily to grind out the perfect rolls on each item or whatever. That stuff, I'll do by simply playing the game.

People like you do ruin the community unless you all agree to stay out of public matches and only play with other exploiters. I love the game, but the PC version will always be superior due alone to the guarantee that there won't be cheaters. On PS4, I'm restricted to only playing with close friends who I know won't cheat/exploit.

Again, I think you have the wrong idea of what the result of this exploit is. The result is legitimate items in a fraction of the time it normally takes. If I join your game, I'll be the same as someone who geared for T4-6 or whatever. I won't be one-shotting T6 rift guardians.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I wish the online was online only. But people were so pissed about always online for the PC version that blizzard made it so you can be off-line and online with the console version characters.

They could make it so items can't go above their stat caps, but people would still be able to create perfect items. Otherwise I don't see a fix ever possible for this, as long as off-line characters can go online.
I completely understand that the solution may not be an easy one but it doesn't change the fact that these players are affecting other people's experience who just want to play online, play the game as was intended, and meet cool people in the process. I've had groups of really nice people completely leave a game, %80 through a rift, ON MULTIPLE occasions because a hacked character joined the party and people would just rather not deal with it.

Even if it was just a simple anti-greifing measure that allowed you to block yourself from being matched with those people in the future, that would greatly satisfy most people I think. As is, all you can do on PSN is block messages from people, no measures to prevent you from being matched up with them again.

Striek

Crusader's Steed skill is super fast.
Thanks, gonna give it a shot. Will be fun going to a melee character regardless.

None. DH has the most mobility die to vault, Wizard can go partly mobile with teleport.
All you can do now is enhance movement speed with paragon points and wear boots with that enahncement.

:( Well Vault is really limited by hatred even with the +60% speed boost afterwards and the best rune. It still takes ages to explore the maps fully, which I do.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Again, I think you have the wrong idea of what the result of this exploit is. The result is legitimate items in a fraction of the time it normally takes. If I join your game, I'll be the same as someone who geared for T4-6 or whatever. I won't be one-shotting T6 rift guardians.
It does remove one of the core aspects of the game though: grinding for better gear and grind again for even better.

thanks JJD, thought i'd never get that ring. Moved up to above 800k attack with swapping gear around but my survivability is still garbage.

Kamina

Golden Boy
:( Well Vault is really limited by hatred even with the +60% speed boost afterwards and the best rune. It still takes ages to explore the maps fully, which I do.
You mean discipline. Its not sourced by hatred.
Though, there are two set weapons, Danettas spite and Danettas Revenge, which in combination make vault use hatred instead of discipline.

It does remove one of the core aspects of the game though: grinding for better gear and grind again for even better.

I disagree.

It depends on how you perceive what it is you're doing. I've been "grinding" reloads for about 2 hours now. I've spent roughly 10k blood shards on quivers, and haven't seen a single Bombadier's Rucksack. If that's not grinding, I dunno what is.

Anyway, my goal is to get all 6 classes to 70 and gear them for T6. Reloading speeds up gearing tremendously. All I want right now is the right items in each slot. Maybe I'll reroll them as well, but that's it. If I'm ultimately screwing myself out of replay value, then so be it. I have plenty of other games to play anyway.

Okay, stupid question here but how do I give the Blacksmith plans? I Googled but only got results for the PC version. :lol

Use them from your inventory.

Rizzi

I messed around with a physical monk build a little bit.
... I really wish the only decent physical resource spender didn't have an obnoxious knockback on it.

Korezo

Anyone have a Marauders Carapace to trade? Already wasted thousands of shards and only got green body pieces i dont need and rifts ive gotten like 5 marauders gloves and a few feet... I was lucky to get the head off a random gift item from friends list.

JJD

thanks JJD, thought i'd never get that ring. Moved up to above 800k attack with swapping gear around but my survivability is still garbage.

Glad I could help man! And thank you for the bow! If you need anything else drop me a PM and I'll gift it to you if I have the item on my stash! :-D

I don't know if you're in this thread random player, but thank you for coming in to my game and giving me 70 million gold and then leaving instantly.

Our time together was short, but I shall never forget it.

ZenaxPure

I messed around with a physical monk build a little bit.
... I really wish the only decent physical resource spender didn't have an obnoxious knockback on it.

I assume you are speaking of LTK? You should go with no rune. It's what I did for the short time I was using LTK.

Playing a demon hunter on hardcore, now at lvl 20, gone from normal to hard, as it seemed to easy in the beginning. Almost died at an elite, shit was intense!

Anyone else on hardcore who could help my huntress with some gear?

Could trade some things on normal if needed!

PSN ID: Berserk_ftw

Edit: Two crossbows or one crossbow/bow and a quiver? Which one is the better combination?

Top Bottom