• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So what's the Legendary drop rate supposed to be like in Legendary? 'Cause I've cleared out two Rifts thus far and haven't really gotten anything. Some good Rare stuff that's better than what I have, but only maybe one Legendary. Playing on Master, if that makes a difference. Also not quite at 70 yet.

dralla

Oh man, I thought it would be the opposite if I joined his game. :|

His character will scale up too, it's called Apprentice Mode. He'll earn more XP too.

--

I'm playing Crusader and I hate my weapon, I haven't gotten a good drop and it's frustrating as hell. I'm Paragon level 26ish, playing on Torment I and sometimes II. Kadala gives me nothing but junk. I played with another Crusader who had a white sword that was glowing blue and I was jelly.

I'm thinking of starting a new character to vary things up, Wizard's look like so much fun.

cakely

So my friend is picking this up tomorrow. We want to play together, but I'm towards the end of ACT II.

If I join his game, will my level scale down? If so, would I still get the normal amount of XP and drops for my normal level? I don't want to taint his experience with the game.

Thanks!

The game will begin at the level of the character who starts it, and level up with him.

Lower-level characters that join that game will get bonuses so they can effectively "play at that level".

You usually want the highest-level character to start the game and have everyone else join so everyone is gaining XP at a good rate.

The system works quite well, IMO. You always have friends to play with.

nikos

Nope, it only scales one way. This is useful for when you start to level alts though, as you can have one high level player jack up the difficulty and farm XP as you tag along. It's very possible to go 1-70 in no time doing this, if your teammates can roll on higher Torment levels.

Looks like I'm gonna have to re-roll. Surprised they'd allow power leveling like that.

EDIT: Thanks for the help, everyone!

TheHall

After getting my Crusader to 70, i started Adventure mode with a lvl 1 Demon hunter.

At lvl 13 i slotted two crossbows on her. One with +800 life on hit and one with +160 damage.

It was hilarious

I love this game

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Looks like I'm gonna have to re-roll. Surprised they'd allow power leveling like that.

EDIT: Thanks for the help, everyone!

Leveling is pretty fast in this game. Makes sense since 95% of the game is played at level 70 for most folks.

RkOwnage

Does anyone know if doing split bounties counts towards the 500 bounty trophy? Since I won't be in the area for some of them, I'm not sure if it will trigger the bounty count.

Celtic

Neo Member
So I know I'm super-late to this party... but on a whim, I grabbed D3-UEE from Redbox randomly just because I needed some sexy couch co-op action. I own D3 for PC and haven't touched it in forever because I just couldn't stand it. Friend said to try it on console, so I did.

Oh my god. I love it. At first I didn't know why it was so much better for me on PS3 than it was on PC. Was it the Crusader? Nah, he's great... but Demon Hunter was fun too. Is it the new loot system? Nah, it didn't really do much for me either. And then it clicked.

To me, D3 on PC is like a sub-par version of Torchlight 2. (Opinion only, of course.)

But D3 on PS3 is like a super-ramped-up version of Gauntlet Legends.

I need some Gauntlet in my life, friends. Purchasing this game right after work today.

Does anyone know if doing split bounties counts towards the 500 bounty trophy? Since I won't be in the area for some of them, I'm not sure if it will trigger the bounty count.

If you get a message on screen that says "Bounty Completed," even if it was done by someone else, you should get it. Also, to check your progress, check the Challenges option and inspect the upper left challenge icon. It gets tracked there.

A really fast way is to farm only the bounties that can be finished quickly. For me, it was:

Act 1- Khazra Den, anything in the cemetery, anything in Festering Woods
Act 2- Zoltan Khulle
Act 4- Hammersmash
Act 5- Miser's Will

If you get a message on screen that says "Bounty Completed," even if it was done by someone else, you should get it. Also, to check your progress, check the Challenges option and inspect the upper left challenge icon. It gets tracked there.

A really fast way is to farm only the bounties that can be finished quickly. For me, it was:

Act 1- Khazra Den, anything in the cemetery, anything in Festering Woods
Act 2- Zoltan Khulle
Act 4- Hammersmash
Act 5- Miser's Will

Would you suggest doing those and then "restarting" the game is a wise move?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
The remote play in this game is damn good, played a ton yesterday while watching NFL in the background. Only have to use the rear touch for R2, and easy enough to map a lesser used skill to that.

I'm still having a blast. I'm in act 2, playing on hard now and have my Wizard up to level 33.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The remote play in this game is damn good, played a ton yesterday while watching NFL in the background. Only have to use the rear touch for R2, and easy enough to map a lesser used skill to that.

I'm still having a blast. I'm in act 2, playing on hard now and have my Wizard up to level 33.

Remote play is really an extremely underrated feature here. It's the main reason why I'll probably play D3 for a while to come, even with Destiny released. When my better half is watching TV, I can still play D3 on the Vita. Pretty great.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
My DH only recently hit level 70, so I am pretty far from having to worry about this, but I was reading about this on reddit and it hurt my brain.

Add me, my PSN is BitmapFrogs

If we play together I'll give you an overview, it's actually simpler than it looks.

Haint

Leveling is pretty fast in this game. Makes sense since 95% of the game is played at level 70 for most folks.

I think you mean 5% of players will spend 95% of their time playing at level 70 (though probably not on consoles given the ubiquity of hacks and dupes). "Most folks" probably don't even make it to 70 and those that do likely just finish out the story, try a few runs in Adventure mode, and shelf the game.

demonkaze

Whats the recommended dps and armor for Torment I? I've been doing act V torment with my brother, we just hit 70 during this and it's not going too bad. Admittedly Elites/Bosses do take a while to kill however although i'm not sure if thats because we haven't been really getting any good loot so far.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Remote play is really an extremely underrated feature here. It's the main reason why I'll probably play D3 for a while to come, even with Destiny released. When my better half is watching TV, I can still play D3 on the Vita. Pretty great.

Yep. It will definitely keep me playing D3 even if I get super into Destiny starting tomorrow.

hydruxo

Is there anywhere to check how many bounties you've completed in total (for the 500 bounty trophy)? I have no idea how many I've done so I guess I just need to keep mindlessly doing them.

Is there anywhere to check how many bounties you've completed in total (for the 500 bounty trophy)? I have no idea how many I've done so I guess I just need to keep mindlessly doing them.

In the options menu, go to "Challenges" and then inspect the top left icon. Scroll down and you'll see the challenge. Press X to inspect and view your progress.

(I posted this earlier on this same page)

dasme

I played a pile of vanilla D3 on PC, maybe 15 levels on the PS3, but wow did the Ultimate Evil edition every bring the Diablo fun back. The ability to play with lower level chars along with loot dropping based on your build... man... This is bringing back some of the D2 fun of my youth :)

I haven't even hit 70 yet, so the best is yet to come.

Great thread, learned loads.. now I have lots to plan for

EDIT: A set of Pox Faulds dropped for me last night. Best item ever.. Only level 29 though and no sockets. Will be hard not to keep these into my 70s

Final build, going through T6 fairly with ease now. 50% cool down reduction so I'm only 2 seconds out of Akarats champion mode.

SIKInx4.jpg

Has anyone been able to find a legendary/set transmog for Fate of the Fell? Sucks that the other 2H weapon transmogs don't work with it :/

cakely

Dude I followed your advice on critical hit and damage now I'm at 600k dps and 7665k though ness on my crusader. It's better then it was right?

Edit: holy shit finally I get my gibbering gem stone! Whimsyshire here I come! Lol

I was just looking for that last night. Finally found Chiltara (and got the frozen blood). No gem yet, though.

Any tips? Just keep murdering Chiltara until he gives it to you?

Final build, going through T6 fairly with ease now. 50% cool down reduction so I'm only 2 seconds out of Akarats champion mode.

Has anyone been able to find a legendary/set transmog for Fate of the Fell? Sucks that the other 2H weapon transmogs don't work with it :/

Living the dream!

Damage for T1? Given I'm still level 68, but I'm struggling with elites with 165k.

I think I was around that DPS when I started T1. I did alright soloing with that. Once you hit 70, you'll get much better gear, since I think that's just what's holding you back right now. And it's best to start thinking about optimizing you builds and finding gear suited for them.

Audioboxer

I think I was around that DPS when I started T1. I did alright with that. Once you hit 70, you'll get much better gear, since I think that's just what's holding you back right now. And it's best to start thinking about optimizing you builds and finding gear suited for them.

Right now its a Crusader based around fire. Have a beastly fire sword which also spawns a minion. Legendary. I forget its name, on the mobile just now. I'll drop back to master until level 70.

Right now its a Crusader based around fire. Have a beastly fire sword which also spawns a minion. Legendary. I forget its name, on the mobile just now. I'll drop back to master until level 70.

That's Maximus, which is a great weapon. The level 70 version is much stronger, of course.

Also, if a weapon says [990-1142 Fire Damage], the element doesn't mean anything; it only affects a normal attack (swinging a weapon normally), which is what you do if you try to use a skill but have no resources to actually use it. If you have armor with +15% fire damage on it, that 15% doesn't affect that Fire damage on your sword. Instead, look at the skills you use. Any skill that says "Deals X% as Fire" gets that 15% bonus. Same with other elementals.

subwilde

That's Maximus, which is a great weapon. The level 70 version is much stronger, of course.

Also, if a weapon says [990-1142 Fire Damage], the element doesn't mean anything; it only affects a normal attack (swinging a weapon normally), which is what you do if you try to use a skill but have no resources to actually use it. If you have armor with +15% fire damage on it, that 15% doesn't affect that Fire damage on your sword. Instead, look at the skills you use. Any skill that says "Deals X% as Fire" gets that 15% bonus. Same with other elementals.

Better question is do runes affect the type of skill output? Is there an easy way to tell which skills use what type?

Better question is do runes affect the type of skill output? Is there an easy way to tell which skills use what type?

Runes can change the element of a skill. For example, the Wizard's skill Meteor is normally Fire, but can change to Arcane, Cold, or Lightning. You'd just have to read the description of each rune to find out. And maybe turn on Elective Mode [edit- or advanced tooltips]? I set it on at the start, but maybe with that mode off, you don't get as detailed a description.

Here's the descriptions for Meteor
SQ88CEb.png

WebScud

Just a PSA: I was checking my mail earlier and the game crashed before leaving the mail menu. When I rebooted, my mailbox was empty and the items weren't in my inventory or stash. It seems like items are actually moved in to your possession until the mail menu is closed.

subwilde

Runes can change the element of a skill. For example, the Wizard's skill Meteor is normally Fire, but can change to Arcane, Cold, or Lightning. You'd just have to read the description of each rune to find out. And maybe turn on Elective Mode? I set it on at the start, but maybe with that mode off, you don't get as detailed a description.

Here's the descriptions for Meteor
SQ88CEb.png

Right on. I've been doing it right but it just seemed like they could have been a bit more clear. I've had elective on since the start so I wouldnt know the difference for the description.

On another note, I have all the right gear but the holy shotgun build doesn't seem to be as effective as I expected it to be.

Raide

Right on. I've been doing it right but it just seemed like they could have been a bit more clear. I've had elective on since the start so I wouldnt know the difference for the description.

On another note, I have all the right gear but the holy shotgun build doesn't seem to be as effective as I expected it to be.

I think i you put the detailed tooltips on, it shows more information.

Paganmoon

Gotta get weapons with sockets, then stick the best emerald you have in them. Watch your DPS skyrocket when you do this!

277k is probably okay for soloing T2, but I'd push for maybe 300k.

Alright, thanks. As an aside, haven't gotten a single nemesis kill, I keep tracking another elite pack when they spawn:(

HORRORSHØW

one-shotting t6 elites with a jade doc lol. need other items to transition into. a rhen'ho flayer just dropped, so might tool around with a toad build.

Xtyle

Anyone have extra akkhan pants? Been gambling with kadala for more than 10,000 shards with 0 luck. All i see are blackthrone's:(

Its the last piece of the set i need. I have gloves, shoulder, chest, qnd helm that i can trade with if you happen to need.

My psn is Nyc-playa. Add me if you want to trade for something or if you want to gift it. I would really appreciate it :)

Top Bottom