• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I'm terrible at juggling games, but I love D3 so much I really want to keep playing it. It'll be Destiny for at least a few evenings though.

If you mean the in game "transferring content", then yeah you'll have to wait. If it's just downloading to the XMB* you should be OK to launch another game.

* what's it called on the PS4? Mind is empty.
Yeah, installing from within the (digital version) game. 12gb to go...

Yasuraka

Picked up the white PS4 this morning, not a bit interested in Destiny. Just waiting on the network shinanigans downloading to actually play D3 again!

Still not having any luck with a Fate of the Fell :( Don't suppose anyone has one they aren't interested in?? /hopeful face

Korezo

You don't need to run through the story mode more than once. Run bounties and rifts in adventure mode (game settings on the character portrait page lets you change the mode and difficulty), or cheese the system using the T6 no combat thing for quick (but very VERY dull) levelling.

Do complete bounty runs on an act you like. Act 1 and 4 are my quickest.

Or...do the fastest way available but also the most tedious. Adventure mode > Torment VI > start on Act 2. Pull up your map of all acts to see if A Miner's Gold bounty is there (act 2). Move over to Act 6 and see if A Miser's Will is there. Both of these bounties will be first in the list. If you see none of them, then press start and exit game and re enter the game repeat.

A Miser's Will - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPwP2moxpQ4
A Miner's Gold - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE0oQnr1vCE (This one is different compared to that video, you cannot TP to town and stand there. Instead you have to be in the vicinity of the quest giver (large radius) and also not be dead when the quest is completed)

But yeah, having leveled a few classes to 60 on PC and also 2 on PS4 to 70 legit, I decided to do the other 4 classes like this. It's quicker and boring but it's whatever. I wanted that plat.
Thanks, Ill chease this time since im burned out from legit lvling 3 classes.

Laconic

Banned
Sadly it's quite common with gaf'ers as well...

All of my gear rolled in-game.

...barring the Akkhan Gloves that I traded for.

As the stats are well within normative parameters, in fact mediocre, I'll just go ahead and assume they're legit. ;)

Gotta love end-game gear... if Akkhan Gloves don't roll with Strength, CC, and CD or Cooldown (roll t'other), they're mediocre.

And still better than anything else, barring the above. ;)

Raptor

v6s5yC6.jpg

My DH, thoughts on Dex and DMG, Im at the start oc Act 3 on Expert.

dralla

I started a Wizard last night, jumped into Adventure mode and two other people joined me who happened to be Wizard's too, triple ice beaming fools. Kinda sucks going from a level 70 to a level 1 though. Oh well.

For Paragon points, I'm assuming dumping them into Arcane power is good, that's what determines the strength of my spells?

blackjaw

Hope this thread doesn't die out now that Destiny is out. Who all is going to keep playing D3? I'm still working on Holy Shotgun so I'm not done just yet

I'm almost finished with the main campaign on my Crusader and plan to do the adventure grind once I hit 70.

I will be splitting my already thin gaming time with Destiny though :)

Yasuraka

Atkison04

Hope this thread doesn't die out now that Destiny is out. Who all is going to keep playing D3? I'm still working on Holy Shotgun so I'm not done just yet

It's bittersweet for sure. I'm eagerly awaiting Destiny to arrive today, but I have really loved my time with Diablo. Will definitely keep it. It feels overwhelming having two loot games going at the same time, but they are vastly different. My plan is to play thru Destiny online with my real life buddy. When he isn't available and time allows, I'll switch back to Diablo. I'm certainly not finished with Diablo and I really wish it came out a month or two ago so I could have put more time in without distractions.

I think all of these time consuming games are making my wife a little jealous. I try to balance my life the best I can, between work, gym time, family time and her and I time (personal time doesn't happen much). But she has had a few comments the past week concerning the gaming (I play maybe an hour to an hour fifteen after the kids get put to bed). For example, we just marathon'd season 4 of the Walking dead and she had a dream that zombies were chasing her in the front yard and that I was upstairs playing a game and didn't help her lol. Anyways, chalk it up to the balancing act of life!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's bittersweet for sure. I'm eagerly awaiting Destiny to arrive today, but I have really loved my time with Diablo. Will definitely keep it. It feels overwhelming having two loot games going at the same time, but they are vastly different. My plan is to play thru Destiny online with my real life buddy. When he isn't available and time allows, I'll switch back to Diablo. I'm certainly not finished with Diablo and I really wish it came out a month or two ago so I could have put more time in without distractions.

I think all of these time consuming games are making my wife a little jealous. I try to balance my life the best I can, between work, gym time, family time and her and I time (personal time doesn't happen much). But she has had a few comments the past week concerning the gaming (I play maybe an hour to an hour fifteen after the kids get put to bed). For example, we just marathon'd season 4 of the Walking dead and she had a dream that zombies were chasing her in the front yard and that I was upstairs playing a game and didn't help her lol. Anyways, chalk it up to the balancing act of life!

I have my Destiny but I find myself wanting to play Diablo 3 more. Unfortunately that goes away as soon as someone with 12 million dps and russian swords joins my game. Thanks for making it easier, Blizz :)

Atkison04

I have my Destiny but I find myself wanting to play Diablo 3 more. Unfortunately that goes away as soon as someone with 12 million dps and russian swords joins my game. Thanks for making it easier, Blizz :)

I have yet to play any online component of Diablo, aside from gifting and nemesis. Destiny, on the other hand, will be largely online with my buddy/gaffers/randoms. I just love going into a rift alone and doing my thing. I made it up to being able to handle Torment 2 rifts solo with my wizard. So much more room for improvement though.

Wife saw someone with 95M damage, and 3 sockets in every slot.

I'm just happy with my meteors, and found a perfect Magefist last night.

cakely

An actual Mask of Jeram dropped for me last night so I tried respeccing to a pet class.

Any suggestions?

Currently running:

Firebats: Vampire Bats
Zombie Dogs : Life Link
Soul Harvest: Siphon
Gargantuan: Restless Giant
Fetish Army: Devoted following
Spirit Walk: Jaunt

Pierce the Veil
Spirit Vessel
Fetish Sycophants
Grave Injustice

Damage is good, but I can't seem to keep my fetish army rolling, I'm always waiting on a cooldown.

Antheba

Neo Member
Got a mirrorball from kadala for my wiz last night... Man it is AWESOME. dps through the roof with it equipped.

Any suggestions on builds to maximise it? I'm rocking aughild at the moment and a bit unoptimised in general..

Cheddahz

Banned
I was just about to start Diablo 3 for the first time and I decided to pick up Destiny at the last minute last night...oh well, I'll get around to it (someday) and honestly, can't wait to see what Diablo is all about!

With Destiny out I see next to no one I added on Gaf on playing Destiny.

I'm working on a Frost Wizard character that I'm building for Torment VI.

He's only all 63 and has no worth while equipment.

If you're running Any Torment Lvl Rifts or Bounty and don't mind my low Lvl Wizard tagging along add me. PSN Frost-Fiend

I have 12 or so Rift shards myself.

I'll be on in a hour or so.

Kak.efes

I'll add you both when I get home later tonight. My PSN is in my profile. I'm looking for a handful, but if you guys don't have that many, I'll take whatever you can provide, and reimburse you with the RRoG, as well as some other decent legendaries that dropped for me last night.

I'll add you both when I get home later tonight. My PSN is in my profile. I'm looking for a handful, but if you guys don't have that many, I'll take whatever you can provide, and reimburse you with the RRoG, as well as some other decent legendaries that dropped for me last night.

I'll be playing Destiny mostly so probably won't have time to trade with you later when you're online. Sent you a friend request, if you approve via the PS app on your phone (I hope you have it), I'll post 10 rubies (red gems) to you right now.

Paganmoon

So whats the general consensus on Rifts, do it at your level (T1/T2 for me) or on normal?

From what I've gathered Rifts give you 100% boost in Legendary drops already, and T1 another 30% (in rifts), is it worth it with the amount of extra time it takes to clear?

So whats the general consensus on Rifts, do it at your level (T1/T2 for me) or on normal?

From what I've gathered Rifts give you 100% boost in Legendary drops already, and T1 another 30% (in rifts), is it worth it with the amount of extra time it takes to clear?
Do it at whatever level you can easily clear it. If it takes too long, lower it.

Laconic

Banned
FINALLY, I got a Gyrfalcon!!!

...which ought I roll off for a socket - Vit or 312 life per wrath?

I'm thinking the life per wrath, since it is basically a wrathless build?

HORRORSHØW

An actual Mask of Jeram dropped for me last night so I tried respeccing to a pet class.

Any suggestions?

Currently running:

Firebats: Vampire Bats
Zombie Dogs : Life Link
Soul Harvest: Siphon
Gargantuan: Restless Giant
Fetish Army: Devoted following
Spirit Walk: Jaunt

Pierce the Veil
Spirit Vessel
Fetish Sycophants
Grave Injustice

Damage is good, but I can't seem to keep my fetish army rolling, I'm always waiting on a cooldown.

you want to use plague of toads to proc your FS army. rain of toads is a good rune if you don't have a rhen'ho flayer yet. i think soul harvest is unnecessary; try piranhas with the piranhado rune.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Who all is going to keep playing D3?

Barring some sort of gift or drastic reversal of opinion and required time to work, I will not be buying Destiny.

PSN Sillysil. I'll probably be there on weekends.

PS: I multibox (I might write a post about this some day; yes, I know you're excited at the mere prospect of this). Close your games off to friends or let me know in advance if this is a problem. Also please use a headset of some kind.

PPS: I've added many people from the friend thread (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=874529) and I'm grateful for all the additions.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I know Blizzard hasn't committed to patching the last-gen versions, but I sure hope they eventually give us PS3/360 players 2.1. I NEED that new DH Awareness passive.

EDIT: Oh, they said they won't be giving last-gen any content patches at all? Eh. Sucks, but won't really affect my enjoyment in any significant way. Still definitely going to be in my Top 3 come GOTY time. Maybe even #1.

Number45

I know Blizzard hasn't committed to patching the last-gen versions, but I sure hope they eventually give us PS3/360 players 2.1. I NEED that new DH Awareness passive.

EDIT: Oh, they said they won't be giving last-gen any content patches at all? Eh. Sucks, but won't really affect my enjoyment in any significant way. Still definitely going to be in my Top 3 come GOTY time. Maybe even #1.
Yeah, they basically confirmed they won't be getting it. :(

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah, they basically confirmed they won't be getting it. :(

The thing that really sucks about it is what if I'm looking for build guides a few months from now and they're all for post-2.1? I mean, I've already run into that today looking at DH builds, hence how I even know about the changes to Awareness.

And if it were a smaller dev, I could understand the reluctance to spend time and resources on last-gen patching. But this is Blizzard. They're almost literally made out of money.

Again though, ah well. Still an amazing game even without the 2.1 stuff.

ZenaxPure

The thing that really sucks about it is what if I'm looking for build guides a few months from now and they're all for post-2.1? I mean, I've already run into that today looking at DH builds, hence how I even know about the changes to Awareness.

Don't have to wait for months from now to find that, it's already here really. Most of the usual sites where you find builds and stuff is just full of 2.1 only guides. Even if some builds look like something you can accomplish because there are no skill changes, the build may rely on item changes. Demon Hunter especially so, Kridershot has kind of became one of the more popular weapons for Marauder, but, it's useless pre 2.1. Even though you can equip a Kridershot with Marauder right now it's not worth using because sentries are pretty buggy and behave in a way that 2h crossbows are the only items really worth using with Marauder.

h3ro

Anyone have an extra Gryfalcons Foote? Perhaps socketed? I have a ton of Legendaries stocked up that I'd be wiling to send over.

My Jekangbord is lonely.

jda1977

looking for friends to gift with. Have given several but not gotten anything yet. Also have not seen the nemesis either.

PSN:
xXNostradamusXx

Top Bottom