• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Someone sent me a set of bone wings. I guess they were hacked into the ps4 version?? If anyone wants them I can trade. Looking for marauder sets or other legendaries.

Psn: ondisplay

Trying to build my firebird set and I need the firebird talons. Would you like to trade for Tal Rasha's Unwavering Glare?

I actually JUST got that tonight. Do you have any other pieces? Mage Fist or any of the other pieces of Tal'Rasha's set? (missing the Brace and the Amulet)

Daigoro

i fired up Diablo this morning and had a bunch of gifts waiting for me. one of them was the Bottomless potion of Khule-Aid!

Oh Yeah!

DO NOT follow this haha. The PS4 and XB1 version are different. I spent several freaking hours grinding Act IV for the Key, and it never dropped.

The Act 4 key (key of evil) drops from Infernal Machine of War > Realm of Turmoil. Ubers: Siegebreaker and Zoltan Kulle. You only need three parts on PS4 as opposed to the four you need on PC. After you get the key of evil from Ubers SB and ZK, you need to make an Infernal Machine of Evil (requires key of gluttony, war, evil) and then kill Infernal Machine of Evil > Realm of Fright. Ubers: Uber Diablo + summons random Ubers, for the Heart of Evil.

aw shit, thanks for the info. i was goofing around farming keys yesterday and i was doing Act IV with nothing to show for it. too bad as its the easiest and quickest act to farm. so what does the warden on Act IV drop then if no key? just plans for the IM?

what's up with that? not easy to find this info when doing a google search. glad you brought it up.

and yeah, grinding for these keys to craft IM's to get a chance at getting a drop to craft the ring is a serious grind! i was doing it for the hell of it, but i dunno if its worth it.

ZeroX03

Banned
you cant get helmets with multiple sockets can you? i thought only pants/chest pieces have multiple sockets right?

Well that answers that! Managed to find a Leoric's Signet drop and socket a Royal Imperial Ruby into a Helm so I've got a good EXP booster going on.

Now I'm in my 60s items have started dropping like crazy. I think my attack went from around 10k at level 50 to something like 55k now. Upped the difficulty to Master too.

bidguy

Banned
whats the highest dps you can get legit ? im at a bit over a million now and its getting harder to find better gear. im salvaging legendaries left and right

Daigoro

There was someone on here before that said you can have 10 horadric caches stored up, go into town then open them. If an RoRG doesnt show up, you exit the game without quitting and quit from the game app itself (so it doesnt save).

Since the latest patch im pretty sure it doesnt work.

I opened 10 caches and there was one legendary mace in there. Since i didnt want to pick it up incase it saved, i hit the xbox guide button, hit start, quit the game.

Loaded it again, came back, all 10 caches were missing from my inventory. So this is no longer a viable strategy unless i did something wrong.

that would be interesting if true. haven't heard anything about it before your post though.

patch has been out for a few days now, right? i guess we'll see.

Number45

2. You get it from salvaging gear. Lvl 60+ I believe.
61+

I'm pretty much salvaging everything above level 60 while levelling the other characters to build up a cache of crafting materials.

There was someone on here before that said you can have 10 horadric caches stored up, go into town then open them. If an RoRG doesnt show up, you exit the game without quitting and quit from the game app itself (so it doesnt save).

I opened 10 caches and there was one legendary mace in there. Since i didnt want to pick it up incase it saved, i hit the xbox guide button, hit start, quit the game.

Loaded it again, came back, all 10 caches were missing from my inventory. So this is no longer a viable strategy unless i did something wrong.
Are you sure you're doing it right? On PS4 at least you need to go back to the dashboard and close the application - *don't* go back and quit the game from the menu (which will save). Can you force close the app on XB1?

you cant get helmets with multiple sockets can you? i thought only pants/chest pieces have multiple sockets right?
Nope, pretty sure it's only one so the item will be a hacked one. To answer your actual question though, yes the gems in multiple sockets stack together.

Vodh

How often do people die? The GF and I are like P15, and we've died maybe 5-6 times each. Should we be playing at higher difficulies, or what? I notice Unstable Anomaly has a 60s cooldown, but even dying twice in a night seems kinda crazy to me, much less twice in a minute.

Are we doing it wrong? =/

Adjust the difficulty to the highest where you're able to kill stuff reasonably fast, that's the rule of thumb for SC. As for the talent, think of all the hardcore players - they're the ones who used it the most.

Well, at least until Greater Rifts hit console - when you're pushing as high as you can, the penalty for dying in a Greater Rift is resurrecting at the entrance to the floor rather than on corpse, and running back takes precious time (there's a 15 minutes limit on Greater Rifts)

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Platinum Trophy Get!

BxPFRIqIMAAMO0A.jpg:large

Without having imported any saves, that was a very very long and grindy trophy. Fun, but god damn I'm ready to shelve this game for a while. Now I can focus on destiny/other backlog games without feeling too guilty with that unfinished.

That being said, no offense to any of the awesome GAFers I grouped with, gifted, or recieved gifts from - I am going to do a bit of a friends list culling now :(

I can confirm however that the Kadala blood shard trick does in fact still work though, as I did it just a few minutes ago to get that platinum trophy.

For those who don't know - Same kind of logic. So say I spend 150 shards and get nothing. Quit the game from outside of it (closing it as an app). Do not quit from inside the game (for example for me, held down PS button, clicked "close application" or whatever it says up top, and rebooted the game back up) Since no autosave was triggered when you left - when you enter back in you'll have those 150 shards back and none of the gear you just "bought" and can be ready to try again. Best case scenario you get it within a couple purchases, exit normally with autosave, reenter and do it again with the remaining shards for another chance at legs.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
congrats. how did you level all to 70? just do bounties over and over?

Pretty much.

Leveled Crusader to 70 through story, finished it at low 60s and bounties to 70.
Witch Doctor in Hardcore through story, finished mid 50s (lower difficulty because well, hardcore lol), bounties to 70.
None of the other four classes even touched the story. Bounties all day long. Amusingly enough I actually finished of the classes to 70 with said bounties - with 2 to spare for the trophy. So close haha.

Pretty much.

Leveled Crusader to 70 through story, finished it at low 60s and bounties to 70.
Witch Doctor in Hardcore through story, finished mid 50s (lower difficulty because well, hardcore lol), bounties to 70.
None of the other four classes even touched the story. Bounties all day long. Amusingly enough I actually finished of the classes to 70 with said bounties - with 2 to spare for the trophy. So close haha.

yea, i think i'll do WD for HC too. currently running with Demon Hunter. a little boring thus far.

Daigoro

I can confirm however that the Kadala blood shard trick does in fact still work though, as I did it just a few minutes ago to get that platinum trophy.

For those who don't know - Same kind of logic. So say I spend 150 shards and get nothing. Quit the game from outside of it (closing it as an app). Do not quit from inside the game (for example for me, held down PS button, clicked "close application" or whatever it says up top, and rebooted the game back up) Since no autosave was triggered when you left - when you enter back in you'll have those 150 shards back and none of the gear you just "bought" and can be ready to try again. Best case scenario you get it within a couple purchases, exit normally with autosave, reenter and do it again with the remaining shards for another chance at legs.

congrats on the plat.

what trophy did the Kadala trick help you get?

Recall

Woot story mode completed. Level 51 Monk! Now looking at adventure mode I must do at least 5 bounties in an act to be rewarded.

Are shards a part of the reward?

Wonder how much longer it will take to get myself to 70? Seeing how others are doing it all quite quickly I guess I should have it done quicker than I imagine.

61+

Are you sure you're doing it right? On PS4 at least you need to go back to the dashboard and close the application - *don't* go back and quit the game from the menu (which will save). Can you force close the app on XB1?

Yep i followed the steps the guy said exactly. On XB1 i do as follows:

- Open stuff
- if nothing comes out, hit the guide button (dashboard)
- hit the menu button - hit "quit app" or whatever the option is. i am NOT closing from inside the games menu system. Im doing it from the app menu system.

that would be interesting if true. haven't heard anything about it before your post though.

patch has been out for a few days now, right? i guess we'll see.

I tried the steps word for word..didnt work.

yeah didnt work for me.

if someone can do it on XB1 maybe it would help? im pretty sure im doing it right...it just didnt work and i noticed that the first time i did it was post patch.

Number45

Yep i followed the steps the guy said exactly. On XB1 i do as follows:

- Open stuff
- if nothing comes out, hit the guide button (dashboard)
- hit the menu button - hit "quit app" or whatever the option is. i am NOT closing from inside the games menu system. Im doing it from the app menu system.

I tried the steps word for word..didnt work.

yeah didnt work for me.

if someone can do it on XB1 maybe it would help? im pretty sure im doing it right...it just didnt work and i noticed that the first time i did it was post patch.
Interesting. Perhaps it's been patched, although I think most of the people I've read doing it have been doing it on PSN - perhaps it's never been possible on XB1?

hydruxo

I'm on PS4 but I can think of one time I tried to use multiple caches and quit out like that and it somehow auto-saved without my knowledge, and when I came back in I had lost 3 or 4 caches. So I just stopped bothering with all that, the auto save system is too finnicky. Seems like it triggers whenever it wants sometimes.

Daigoro

Interesting. Perhaps it's been patched, although I think most of the people I've read doing it have been doing it on PSN - perhaps it's never been possible on XB1?
good question. i know the majority of posters in here are on PS4.

i havent tried it myself. maybe ill try it today and see what happens, but it sounds like its not working on xbone.

HORRORSHØW

the game tends to autosave periodically. make sure it's not autosaving when you're opening the caches. wait ~10 seconds after starting a game to be sure.

Trick has never worked for me on XB1

well there we have it. It sucks because honestly im at a point in this game where i NEED this ring and im simply not getting it. I am sick and tired of running through Act 1 bounties over and over - getting my caches - opening them up then nothing. This part of the game simply isnt fun anymore. Without getting this ring im going to be stuck on like 750-800K DPS and wont be able to get to the higher torment levels.

Ive stopped doing the runs with my level 70 wiz and have moved on to other characters trying to get them up - however, at some stage im going to need this ring and it's something where they need to increase the drop rate as progressing in this game should not be held up by one single random drop that im just not able to get.

Number45

well there we have it. It sucks because honestly im at a point in this game where i NEED this ring and im simply not getting it. I am sick and tired of running through Act 1 bounties over and over - getting my caches - opening them up then nothing. This part of the game simply isnt fun anymore. Without getting this ring im going to be stuck on like 750-800K DPS and wont be able to get to the higher torment levels.

Ive stopped doing the runs with my level 70 wiz and have moved on to other characters trying to get them up - however, at some stage im going to need this ring and it's something where they need to increase the drop rate as progressing in this game should not be held up by one single random drop that im just not able to get.
I'm sure someone in here will have a spare on XB1 if you ask nicely. :)

I'm sure someone in here will have a spare on XB1 if you ask nicely. :)

ill go down on whoever will give me a RoRG +int based :$

nice enough? ;)

GT: IAMBLEST.

Btw funniest thing - i got those lutsocks things people want - but i got them for my crusader...but at level 46 (not 70) so i assume they are useless right?

What rings is it people try to get from act 1 caches?

RoRG = Ring of Royal Grandeur - allows you to get the benefits of item sets without having the full set. I.e. if having Aughilds set gives you +250 Int for 3 pieces, it will work for 2 pieces if you have the ring.

Effectively allows you to compile bonuses from 2 different sets or whatever without needing to have the full set.

Its pretty much necessary to get on the higher torments.

SoundLad

Just out of interest, why are people using the horadric cache exploit? It's basically duping the caches isn't it?

I play on PC so I obviously can't do this. To people who do dupe the caches, do you not feel like you're cheating?

Number45

Just out of interest, why are people using the horadric cache exploit? It's basically duping the caches isn't it?

I play on PC so I obviously can't do this. To people who do dupe the caches, do you not feel like you're cheating?
Tough one to call that, because you're not duplicating something so much as giving yourself a quicker chance at a better roll - which you'd obviously need to run 10 more sets of bounties for. :/

I can understand why people are doing it to be honest. And clearly Blizzard agree that it's an issue as they've supposedly increased the RoRG drop rate massively in 2.1.

Quoting myself for the new page.

I've just been opening rifts in act1 as its what I farm due to double shard bonus on bounties.

nope, its totally random afaik.
Thanks for this, I wasn't sure. I'd been sticking to act 1, but given the vendor and crafting locations are much better in act 5 I think I'll make that my base from now.

Isurus

Still looking for Mask of Jeram after gambling probably 5000+ shards trying to get one. If anyone has one for trade, I have a cold Stone of Jordan that is a decent roll or a Zunni's helm I'd trade for it.

I'm also looking for Jade Harvester pieces. Currently, I have the gloves and shoulders. I have a bunch of Legendaries/Sets I could trade.

Xbox One, GT: Isurus. Just shoot me a PM or message on Xbox Live

Laconic

Banned

The trick still works.

I got bored as fuck playing my Sader last night, and decided to take 400+ (god is it dumb that a pile that would make your total over 500 can't be partially picked up) blood shards to Kadala and click ad nauseum, close app, looking for Yan's.

I've still got 400ish shards, and I am still looking for Yan's. :/

Audioboxer

The trick still works.

I got bored as fuck playing my Sader last night, and decided to take 400+ (god is it dumb that a pile that would make your total over 500 can't be partially picked up) blood shards to Kadala and click ad nauseum, close app, looking for Yan's.

I've still got 400ish shards, and I am still looking for Yan's. :/

What's the trick? Allows you to reset all your shard count? Kadala hasn't given me anything good.

I don't know what to gamble on first for my Crusader either, just been spamming head pieces with all my shards first.

Laconic

Banned
What's the trick? Allows you to reset all your shard count? Kadala hasn't given me anything good.

I don't know what to gamble on first for my Crusader either, just been spamming head pieces with all my shards first.

Yes, that trick. :)

I do hope that closing to console doesn't put excessive wear on the blu-ray drive.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Played to level 6 or 7 on a Wiz yesterday. This game made an INCREDIBLE transition from PC to console. Navigating the wheel of your inventory with the left stick is a bit wonky at first, but I'm starting to get used to using it in tandem with the touchpad click. Also, I need more active GAF members on my PSN list!

Laconic

Banned
Played to level 6 or 7 on a Wiz yesterday. This game made an INCREDIBLE transition from PC to console. Navigating the wheel of your inventory with the left stick is a bit wonky at first, but I'm starting to get used to using it in tandem with the touchpad click. Also, I need more active GAF members on my PSN list, though!

If I find any Wizard dreck, I'll jettison it your way. ;)

Number45

First, get a bunch of blood shards.

Then spend them at Kadala.

If Kadala is Kadala, hit the PS button and exit to console.

Restart the game, and dance again to Kadala's meta.

Rinse.

Repeat.

Never feel clean.
He's struggling with the trick on the XB1 version.

baconcow

Finally getting close to Platinum. 5 of my 6 classes at 70 (Paragon at around level 64) and my hardcore at level 67 (I hope I am not jinxing this). Completed 450 bounties. Such a grind... but so addictive.

drotahorror

All tricks work on PS4. Quitting to dash, mail dupes etc. Hence why I'm handing out Hellfire Rings. After wasting hours farming something that didn't exist, I felt like I had earned the right to help anyone else who wants a ring.

I did some t6 rifts today for the first time. Everyone had hacked weapons or rings. Actually it was only the second time I had done a public game (have platinum trophy and everything). It was funny though, they were all dying left and right. Maybe that's the life of a wizard and demon hunter though. I know I only died on my crusader once and that's because everyone left the rift to turn in and I stayed in for XP (good density) and tried to kill as much as I could for 30 seconds.

Audioboxer

First, get a bunch of blood shards.

Then spend them at Kadala.

If Kadala is Kadala, hit the PS button and exit to console.

Restart the game, and dance again to Kadala's meta.

Rinse.

Repeat.

Never feel clean.

Sweet!

Going to check, and I'm on Playstation.

All tricks work on PS4. Quitting to dash, mail dupes etc. Hence why I'm handing out Hellfire Rings. After wasting hours farming something that didn't exist, I felt like I had earned the right to help anyone else who wants a ring.

I did some t6 rifts today for the first time. Everyone had hacked weapons or rings. Actually it was only the second time I had done a public game (have platinum trophy and everything). It was funny though, they were all dying left and right. Maybe that's the life of a wizard and demon hunter though. I know I only died on my crusader once and that's because everyone left the rift to turn in and I stayed in for XP (good density) and tried to kill as much as I could for 30 seconds.

How do mail dupes work?

I feel soo dirty, but it's mostly the shard business I'm getting frustrated with.

Top Bottom