• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Laconic

Banned
what.gif

^

Anyone who has hit up Kadala knows exactly what I mean.

That girl is running game.

EDIT:

Why you do that, XB1?

Laconic

Banned
I won't complain about that! I normally feel dirty taking presents from people, but since I've already put SO much time into the PC version, anything to help me out will be welcome, haha.

If you want to be ultra dirty, then create a second account on your console, level both up to 70, but only add your primary as a friend to your second account.

That way, all of the gifts your secondary finds, will go to your primary account.

This is a theory of mine that seems plausible.

Audioboxer

Can confirm I got it working on PS4. Just hold PS button and click close application.

Would be good if you got to keep the trash items she gives you for forging/selling, but that would just be greedy lol. At least you keep your shards :)

Any tips on if there's a piece of the crusader gear she has a higher drop rate with that I can try rolling on? Thanks

No way I would ever spend time exiting the game because I got shit from shards. That's wack.

The biggest problem with this game, after tons and tons of rifts and bounties, are Legendary drops with no sockets. I bet 95% of the Legendary weapons I find do not have a socket. Completely fucking worthless weapons. No matter what it is or how great the rolls are, there are no damn sockets so it's junk. Instead of enchanting a stat to make it awesome, I have to waste the enchant on a fucking socket.

I'm almost ready to bail until the patch hits with the item that adds sockets.

Seriously, it's possibly the dumbest thing possible. How in the world did they think it's ok to have lvl 70 Legendary weapons with no socket?

I am torn between this game and Destiny, but as I have no friends that own either I was wondering how easy it is to team up with randoms in this game? Are there certain things you can't do (like The 6 man missions in Destiny that have no matchmaking) in Diablo 3? Because finding five other people that are only on your friends list sounds impossible to me.

Basically, are you punished or prevented from seeing an important part of the game if you're a lonely gamer?

Audioboxer

I am torn between this game and Destiny, but as I have no friends that own either I was wondering how easy it is to team up with randoms in this game? Are there certain things you can't do (like The 6 man missions in Destiny that have no matchmaking) in Diablo 3? Because finding five other people that are only on your friends list sounds impossible to me.

Basically, are you punished or prevented from seeing an important part of the game if you're a lonely gamer?

Not at all, I play D3 80% of the time on my own, sometimes with my GF.

More people is really just about more fun, makes things more challenging as enemies get tougher and you do have better loot drop chances I think.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

As I think I posted in the Destiny thread (before it got buried in a few seconds from all the posts happening), D3 is a MUUUUCH more solo friendly game. Everything can be done with randoms, and you're not punished for having shitty randoms. The only time I would ever suggest against randoms would be hardcore mode.

But you can also do everything in D3 solo and have fun doing it. The story is pretty bad (just like in Destiny), but I find the gameplay to be more satisfying. Take that with the understanding that I'm not a HUGE FPS fan (unless it's story driven like Fallout or really silly fun like Borderlands).

It's meant to be a SP game. Tweaking gear/skills is the meat of the game, and coop just adds chaos and kind of removes the point of building your char since whatever imbalance there might be in your build won't really matter.

Send friend requests to people in this thread if you want to group up. Or even if you don't, since you'll get gifts and nemesis attacks.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I was reading over the OP - since I didn't preorder (and just traded Destiny for D3 to some random dude on CL), will I not have access to the special TLoU rift?

quest

Not Banned from OT
I've been getting quite a few gifts for people, I haven't received one in ages though :'( lol

Unless all of us who still play start to clean friends lists of those who don't play gifts will be extremely rare. I have 130 on friends list but seems only 10-20 who still play regularly. So the odds are any gift goes to people who don't play much any more. I will probably start getting rid of those who don't play much starting this weekend. Will keep track of who is on over 4-5 days those who are not will be cut from the list.

Okay, thanks for the information guys/girls. I'm saving for a new graphics card (my last one died) so can only buy one game this month, just want to make sure I get a meaty experience that will last me at least a month or two. Still undecided lol

dralla

I play with randoms and have had some pretty great runs. I've only run into two hackers so far. I generally leave my games open to public. In my experience, Monks seem to be the least popular class.

I think I might be in the minority, but I think playing with two people is my favorite. Four players is so chaotic, can't keep track of anything.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Okay, thanks for the information guys/girls. I'm saving for a new graphics card (my last one died) so can only buy one game this month, just want to make sure I get a meaty experience that will last me at least a month or two. Still undecided lol

The game will last you as long as you allow it to. If you use exploits to gear up the game won't last very long. I am paragon 314 and still have lots of gear to grind for to get my shotgun beams to hit more damage including the elusive holy SOJ. Also if you don't like grinding for gear it won't last you a long time.

I've only joined up with a few GAF'ers since the game released, and was met with hacked weapons on each occasion. That's not my cup if tea with this game.

So, if you are a legit player and want to run rifts/bounties/keywardens....feel free to add me.
Psn : FiveSix4Three

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've only joined up with a few GAF'ers since the game released, and was met with hacked weapons on each occasion. That's not my cup if tea with this game.

So, if you are a legit player and want to run rifts/bounties/keywardens....feel free to add me.
Psn : FiveSix4Thre

Your PSN ID is wrong. Should be FixeSix4Three (I think).

Raptor

Sent a few gifts to a gaffer I think but I don't know who is on here lols.

Sent the friend request horror, for thet Dex ring :)

Im at Act 4 with my Demon Hunter and is incredible easy that I feel Im super OP at this point.

I only needed 2 Turrets and that minigun R2 skill, went down in like 15 secs lols.

I want to get to 70 wuick so I can start with my Monk.

Chorazin

So I was reading over the OP - since I didn't preorder (and just traded Destiny for D3 to some random dude on CL), will I not have access to the special TLoU rift?

Pretty sure that's built into the PS4 version without need of a code. The Hellfire Pauldrons were the "pre-order" (although i think every copy came with it) item, and you can get the Blizzard Ring by linking to Battle.net.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Pretty sure that's built into the PS4 version without need of a code. The Hellfire Pauldrons were the "pre-order" (although i think every copy came with it) item, and you can get the Blizzard Ring by linking to Battle.net.

OK cool - don't really care about the Pauldrons since I'm sure they're outclassed pretty quick. The ring I already got, yeah. Thanks.

hydruxo

It is already included in the PS4 version. No preorder necessary. The rift is random though so it might be a while before you ever see it.

Helscream

Banned
I thought I would share my strategy to help gaffers help gaffers.

I have been going through my friends list on PSN and getting rid of alot of gaffers who went to Destiny. I am doing this to shrink down the player pool so people who are actually playing D3 are getting gifts.

If anyone on here plans to stick with D3 send me a friend request. My PSN is "Helscream" My Barbarian will hit paragon 400 later today and Im am trying to help out other gaffers by carrying them through Torment V. Right now im just kinda waiting on patch 2.1.0 to hit PSN.

I have been going through my friends list on PSN and getting rid of alot of gaffers who went to Destiny. I am doing this to shrink down the player pool so people who are actually playing D3 are getting gifts.

If anyone on here plans to stick with D3 send me a friend request. My PSN is "Helscream" My Barbarian will hit paragon 400 later today and Im am trying to help out other gaffers by carrying them through Torment V. Right now im just kinda waiting on patch 2.1.0 to hit PSN.

Sent you a message. Trying to go through some bounties and looking for set pieces for my Wizard. On T2.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
How do mail dupes work?

I feel soo dirty, but it's mostly the shard business I'm getting frustrated with.

I wish this game didn't have duping and exploits like the bloodshard exploit. Really devalues getting good items, which is the entire point of the game.

JCizzle

Psn : FiveSix4Three

I play legit, I'll add you later - my crusader is comfortably T2. Currently focused on destiny, but will keep dabbling in Diablo until I move back to playing more.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
congrats on the plat.

what trophy did the Kadala trick help you get?

"Up All Night To Get Lucky" - the one for having a level 70 legendary in each slot. Just did the trick until I got any leg from her in whatever slot I was still missing. Hence why I'm just standing in a random spot in town in the screenshot, I had grabbed an item from my stash to equip as the last one and then the trophy popped :D

Duallusion

3 minute into my first rift with a freshly leveled 70 WD and Mask of Jeram drops. Not bad, I'm guessing, since I've seen it mentioned here plenty of times.

Tough one to call that, because you're not duplicating something so much as giving yourself a quicker chance at a better roll - which you'd obviously need to run 10 more sets of bounties for. :/

I can understand why people are doing it to be honest. And clearly Blizzard agree that it's an issue as they've supposedly increased the RoRG drop rate massively in 2.1.
Any link on the increased drop rate? That means I'll Just level up all characters to 70 until then and farm the rorg for each character when the patch comes out.

I wish this game didn't have duping and exploits like the bloodshard exploit. Really devalues getting good items, which is the entire point of the game.

It's unfortunate that so many don't really have an understanding of the game and rob themselves of the real fun of it. It's just the nature of the game, I guess. People just want to get to the big numbers and don't appreciate the creativity and determination that it takes to get there.

Gifts are ruining your game.

Cheating Kadala is ruining your game.

The point is to maximize what you can using what you have. This opens up different combinations and possibilities due to the restrictions- you'll see what you are actually looking for. That's the fun of it. Picking the skills that align with your gear, combining skills that work well with what you prioritized with your gear... it's not about having the gear right now.

had a great time playing and talking with you, Yasuraka and Dirtdog yesterday. A++++ would buy again. I'll hit you up tonight for sure and we can talk more about the gaming industry and objectification. Deep Diablo Thoughts (DDT)

Kadala finally put out and gifted me a Fate of the Fell... and it has a really shit roll. Barely worth equipping. Fml :(
Unreal that you got one and completely bummed that it is a shit roll. :( share the stats, what did you get?

Also, to the Gaffer I was running through Master last night I'm sorry I stopped moving 10+ times, I kept passing out and waking up to hit Akarat's Champion with no mobs there, lol. I probably looked like a psycho to them, I should have just signed off. Can't wait to play tonight!

Earlier in the evening I played a rift and forgot I had left it "Open to the public". I had 3 people join and two of them had items that were 30k damage and 40% attack speed. I didn't want to quit out of my rift because I had a level I liked and didn't want to burn the shards. I will say it was the most boring rift I've ever run and just annoying. As soon as we cleared the guardian I immediately changed it to LAN only and got out of there. This is the same issue they had with Diablo II and it ruined multiplayer games. A lot of people can't stand not having instant gratification, interesting comment on society, and they're missing out on the whole point of this game. All this and more tonight on Diablo Deep Thoughts...

h3ro

It's unfortunate that so many don't really have an understanding of the game and rob themselves of the real fun of it. It's just the nature of the game, I guess. People just want to get to the big numbers and don't appreciate the creativity and determination that it takes to get there.

The point is to maximize what you can using what you have. This opens up different combinations and possibilities due to the restrictions- you'll see what you are actually looking for. That's the fun of it. Picking the skills that align with your gear, combining skills that work well with what you prioritized with your gear... it's not about having the gear right now.
Just because you have fun in a particular manner doesn't mean everyone else will as well.

dralla

Getting the best gear and blasting through things is fun for some people, and not the chase for the loot itself. It can be very frustrating being 'stuck' on a difficulty because you don't get good drops. I haven't used any exploits myself but I understand why people would use them. I think the gift giving is cool though. It adds a sense of community and it also gives you a chance to try out some legendary gear you wouldn't have gotten to see. I've never gotten anything overly powerful through a gift.

Yasuraka

had a great time playing and talking with you, Yasuraka and Dirtdog yesterday. A++++ would buy again. I'll hit you up tonight for sure and we can talk more about the gaming industry and objectification. Deep Diablo Thoughts (DDT)

Unreal that you got one and completely bummed that it is a shit roll. :( share the stats, what did you get?

Also, to the Gaffer I was running through Master last night I'm sorry I stopped moving 10+ times, I kept passing out and waking up to hit Akarat's Champion with no mobs there, lol. I probably looked like a psycho to them, I should have just signed off. Can't wait to play tonight!

Earlier in the evening I played a rift and forgot I had left it "Open to the public". I had 3 people join and two of them had items that were 30k damage and 40% attack speed. I didn't want to quit out of my rift because I had a level I liked and didn't want to burn the shards. I will say it was the most boring rift I've ever run and just annoying. As soon as we cleared the guardian I immediately changed it to LAN only and got out of there. This is the same issue they had with Diablo II and it ruined multiplayer games. A lot of people can't stand not having instant gratification, interesting comment on society, and they're missing out on the whole point of this game. All this and more tonight on Diablo Deep Thoughts...

Haha yes I really enjoyed those runs last night. Was all I could do to stay alive while Helscream decimated the place... bloody purple beams and walls. Bane of my Diablo life.

Ok the stats aren't too horrible upon looking at them but I lose 200k dps when I swap it out with the sword Helscream loanded me.

+1345-1687 Holy Damage
+10% Damage
+1032 Strength
+1004 Vitality

+183 Experience per kill.

The holy damage is a result of me trying to roll a socket and having no luck there. Pretty sure that enchanter and Kidala are bed mates and have decided I should be the victim of their selfishness.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Getting the best gear and blasting through things is fun for some people, and not the chase for the loot itself. It can be very frustrating being 'stuck' on a difficulty because you don't get good drops. I haven't used any exploits myself but I understand why people would use them. I think the gift giving is cool though. It adds a sense of community and it also gives you a chance to try out some legendary gear you wouldn't have gotten to see. I've never gotten anything overly powerful through a gift.

Hell if I didn't have so many games in my backlog I needed to get to, much less Destiny (and friends chomping at the bit to get me to play it with them), I probably would have done the Up All Night To Get Lucky trophy "legit". As it stands I'd already sunk too much time into the game and just wanted that platinum trophy and to be done with it all for quite some time.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Haha yes I really enjoyed those runs last night. Was all I could do to stay alive while Helscream decimated the place... bloody purple beams and walls. Bane of my Diablo life.

Ok the stats aren't too horrible upon looking at them but I lose 200k dps when I swap it out with the sword Helscream loanded me.

+1345-1687 Holy Damage
+10% Damage
+1032 Strength
+1004 Vitality

+183 Experience per kill.

The holy damage is a result of me trying to roll a socket and having no luck there. Pretty sure that enchanter and Kidala are bed mates and have decided I should be the victim of their selfishness.

That was an incredible FoTF but is junk now. You had the chance for a perfect FoTF you should ask before you reroll on here. After the 2.1.0 you could of had 10% damage, 10% cooldown and a socket. Why would you roll the damage type for a socket and not the vitality? I dream of a FoTF that good I got a very nice one but the cool down was not max but will still be damn good after 2.1.0 after I roll socket off for +10 damage and add socket via a gift.

You were not a victim you could of asked for help on the re-roll. Vitality is a junk stat on a FoTF and perfect to roll socket with.

Top Bottom