• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

TRios Zen

Been playing Destiny since Tuesday, but getting the itch to solo another T1 rift.

I know many of you are much further than that, but I was rather proud of my DH, the first time I got her through all T1 bounties and the rift.

Now if I could just get at least one piece of the marauders set to string me along...come on RNG gods, drop me something green!

I'm just starting out as a wizard and I'm wondering about what weapon to use. As I have yet to find any wands should I focus on using the weapon with the highest attack power? Does that have anything to do with magic damage?

I'm just starting out as a wizard and I'm wondering about what weapon to use. As I have yet to find any wands should I focus on using the weapon with the highest attack power? Does that have anything to do with magic damage?
Just pick whatever has the highest damage+intelligence. Bonuses to certain skills are good too. You can choose weapons other than wands too.

Getting the best gear and blasting through things is fun for some people, and not the chase for the loot itself. It can be very frustrating being 'stuck' on a difficulty because you don't get good drops. I haven't used any exploits myself but I understand why people would use them. I think the gift giving is cool though. It adds a sense of community and it also gives you a chance to try out some legendary gear you wouldn't have gotten to see. I've never gotten anything overly powerful through a gift.

That's not the game they made, though. The carrot is only there if you're working on a build.

Raptor

I have lots of people that I added or added me because of the Destiny's Beta but I will never buy that game now, is it rude to delete all the people that aint playing Diablo?

Lols.

Then again I don't even know wich ones are for Destiny anymore.

I have lots of people that I added or added me because of the Destiny's Beta but I will never buy that game now, is it rude to delete all the people that aint playing Diablo?

Lols.

Then again I don't even know wich ones are for Destiny anymore.
If you go weeks without interacting with them, I would say deleting them would be appropriate.

Raptor

If you go weeks without interacting with them, I would say deleting them would be appropriate.

I guess, it was all in the hyper hype for Destiny back then, end up adding like 40 people in 2 or 3 days lol, was crazy.

I guess I will wait a few weeks wehile Im in diablo.

I'm almost through Act V for the first time. Fucking love this game! How viable is Adventure Mode for starting new characters? I have a level 65 Wizard so far but I want to start new characters without playing through the Acts.

Drame

V1.03 up bug fixes!

• bonus acts will now cycle daily
• Nepalese glory description updated
• Belial can always be defeated (huh?)
• massacre bonuses will be the same for all players in a local game

Still have to wait for the 2.1, heh. Cycling bonus acts are really good addition though. Been waiting for that.

phierce

If anyone has any unwanted lvl 70 Barb shit, I will gladly take it!

Just hit 70 last night and just got to
Maltheal
(got my ass kicked on T1 the two attempts I tried before sleep (even though I've been semi cruising through on T1 since it came available)).

Anyway, he'll die after work!

PSN: phierce_

Xevren

V1.03 up bug fixes!

• bonus acts will now cycle daily
• Nepalese glory description updated
• Belial can always be defeated (huh?)
• massacre bonuses will be the same for all players in a local game

Still have to wait for the 2.1, heh. Cycling bonus acts are really good addition though. Been waiting for that.

The belial note is due to the fact if you used a skill that vacuum's in enemies he would bug out and be unkillable.

TheHall

The belial note is due to the fact if you used a skill that vacuum's in enemies he would bug out and be unkillable.

That also happened to that New King dude in act V.
The upside from that was that his lackeys kept respawning forever, so you could get a Infinity Massacre if you are patient enough.

I think I just realised that rift shards Cannot be used by multiple characters. I put lots of them in my stash and I can't use them on my crusader. Does that mean I have to farm these with each character?

How often do people die? The GF and I are like P15, and we've died maybe 5-6 times each. Should we be playing at higher difficulies, or what? I notice Unstable Anomaly has a 60s cooldown, but even dying twice in a night seems kinda crazy to me, much less twice in a minute.

Are we doing it wrong? =/
What difficulty are you playing on? Also, it seems rifts can be slightly more difficult than bounties.

bebop242

just got a prompt for an update on the PS4. Anyone know what this is?

ah found it

version 1.03

bonus acts will now cycle daily
nephalem glory description updated
belial can always be defeated
massacre bonuses will be the same for all players in a local game.

I think I just realised that rift shards Cannot be used by multiple characters. I put lots of them in my stash and I can't use them on my crusader. Does that mean I have to farm these with each character?

I don't remember having that problem. I even given my rift shards to another player so he could combine it with his so we could do a Rift and all the rift shards I earned with my WD I sent to my Wizard and he's using them.

Edit: I added a lot of Gaf members from this thread. If you see me online and want to co op Rifts or Bounties just send me a invite or simply join me. PSN Frost-Fiend.

I tried to join this one user ( not sure if he is a Gaf member) because I played with him the night before and he was simply put a dick because of reasons. So unless you're a select few of Gaffers that I've been playing with I won't join you unless you send me a invite or join me.

Norns

I'm to lazy to look right now. Has anything been said about a timeframe on 2.1 hitting consoles? It's hard to play now after playing 2.1 on PC.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I have 3 characters at 70 and they all share the same rift shard pool.

So, got my Crusader up to 31. Is it better to use a one-handed weapon for faster attacks, or a two-hander with the passive skill that allows you to equip a 2h weapon and shield? My DPS is pretty solid for this point in the game, but attacking feels sooooo slooooooow.

ironmang

So, got my Crusader up to 31. Is it better to use a one-handed weapon for faster attacks, or a two-hander with the passive skill that allows you to equip a 2h weapon and shield? My DPS is pretty solid for this point in the game, but attacking feels sooooo slooooooow.

2h with shield the best. One passive slot is worth giving up for such a huge dps boost.

The wife and I finally hit 70 last night. Still working on act V... lol we are slow.

The Paragon points took my wife's attention off the shitty RNG she's been getting lately at least

PSN ID is darkmage619

I'd love to team up with some fellow gaffers I have a 70 Crusader and tons of items if anyone is in need. HIit me up and I'll show you what I have!

The Dark One

Adjust the difficulty to the highest where you're able to kill stuff reasonably fast, that's the rule of thumb for SC. As for the talent, think of all the hardcore players - they're the ones who used it the most.

Well, at least until Greater Rifts hit console - when you're pushing as high as you can, the penalty for dying in a Greater Rift is resurrecting at the entrance to the floor rather than on corpse, and running back takes precious time (there's a 15 minutes limit on Greater Rifts)
What difficulty are you playing on? Also, it seems rifts can be slightly more difficult than bounties.
We're playing Expert right now. Just finished A3 in Adventure mode. I think we're both ~P25. How high do people bump the difficulty? Like, are we taking it too easy on ourselves if we're not dying hourly, or what?

Apart from the forthcoming grifts, I guess the only penalty for dying is the increased repair bill for gear? How do I even determine how much durability a piece of gear has left, and what happens when it hits zero?

No way I would ever spend time exiting the game because I got shit from shards. That's wack.

The biggest problem with this game, after tons and tons of rifts and bounties, are Legendary drops with no sockets. I bet 95% of the Legendary weapons I find do not have a socket. Completely fucking worthless weapons. No matter what it is or how great the rolls are, there are no damn sockets so it's junk. Instead of enchanting a stat to make it awesome, I have to waste the enchant on a fucking socket.

I'm almost ready to bail until the patch hits with the item that adds sockets.

Seriously, it's possibly the dumbest thing possible. How in the world did they think it's ok to have lvl 70 Legendary weapons with no socket?
Unless I'm misunderstanding you, the reason you never get drops with awesome stats and a socket is because the gear has awesome stats instead of a socket.

So say you have some sword with CHC and thorns, and you think it would be perfect if it had CHC and a socket instead, but that never drops for you. So when you go to get it re-enchanted, you then need to give up the CHC if you want a chance at a socket. But that's why you never see CHC and sockets drop together; they occupy the same affix slot in the weapon. If they lived in different affix slots, then you could replace the thorns with the socket, or just wait until that combination drops as loot. Follow?

The point is to maximize what you can using what you have. This opens up different combinations and possibilities due to the restrictions- you'll see what you are actually looking for. That's the fun of it. Picking the skills that align with your gear, combining skills that work well with what you prioritized with your gear... it's not about having the gear right now.
Hear hear. I do think gifts are pretty cool though.

The point is to maximize what you can using what you have. This opens up different combinations and possibilities due to the restrictions- you'll see what you are actually looking for. That's the fun of it. Picking the skills that align with your gear, combining skills that work well with what you prioritized with your gear... it's not about having the gear right now.
Amen to this.

dralla

I have a sword that does cold damage and also has a cold skill damage boost, does the boost affect the cold damage done by the sword? Or is it only "skills", as in abilities?

OmegaDL50

I have a sword that does cold damage and also has a cold skill damage boost, does the boost affect the cold damage done by the sword? Or is it only "skills", as in abilities?

Cold Skill damage boost means it effects any of your SKILLS that do Cold based damage. (Like Crusader Icebound Blessed Hammer for example)

Cold Damage is just additional damage as Elemental on top of your base damage output.

Cold Skill damage boost means it effects any of your SKILLS that do Cold based damage. (Like Crusader Icebound Blessed Hammer for example)

Cold Damage is just additional damage as Elemental on top of your base damage output.
What about skills that don't have an element listed, like Cleave? I assume they do physical damage rather than elemental. But what if your sword does Cold damage? Does Cleave then become a Cold attack, or is it still physical? If it's still physical, is there any functional difference between "+X Damage" and "+X Cold Damage"? If there's no difference, why does "+X Cold Damage" even exist?

dralla

Aw well, I guess I could've rolled that instead on this sword I just got. This thing is pretty sick, nice damage for a one handed, and that 7 percent attack speed bonus, plus the 15 percent from the rune I can equip now since I freed up a slot (no more two handed weapon), this thing is pretty great. It also looks cool as hell, which is the most important part of any piece of loot

yhojbLp.jpg

GVA1987

It's unfortunate that so many don't really have an understanding of the game and rob themselves of the real fun of it. It's just the nature of the game, I guess. People just want to get to the big numbers and don't appreciate the creativity and determination that it takes to get there.

Gifts are ruining your game.

Cheating Kadala is ruining your game.

I REALLY want some better gear for my two level 70 characters (Wizard and Crusader) but getting them in any way other than seeing that glorious drop and beam of light shooting into the sky would defeat the purpose for me. Feel free to come stomping some rifts with me on XB1.

Daigoro

"Up All Night To Get Lucky" - the one for having a level 70 legendary in each slot. Just did the trick until I got any leg from her in whatever slot I was still missing. Hence why I'm just standing in a random spot in town in the screenshot, I had grabbed an item from my stash to equip as the last one and then the trophy popped :D
Ahh gotcha. Thx

Laconic

Banned
My Sader just got a Golden FLense

2565.4 Damage
1214-1468 Arcane Damage
1079 Vitality
6% Attack Speed
566 Life per Wrath
13 Maximum Wrath

...and that wonderful, wonderful Golden Affix of:

Sweep Attack restores 3 Wrath for each enemy hit.

What should I socket, GAF?

This is a Fire Sader's dream, I think.

dralla

My Sader just got a Golden FLense

2565.4 Damage
1214-1468 Arcane Damage
1079 Vitality
6% Attack Speed
566 Life per Wrath
13 Maximum Wrath

...and that wonderful, wonderful Golden Affix of:

Sweep Attack restores 3 Wrath for each enemy hit.

What should I socket, GAF?

This is a Fire Sader's dream, I think.

Is that one handed or two?

--

I found the Butchers Sickle which is kinda cool. Are there any more boss' weapons like this?

iBF3juqbOPquN.jpg

bobawesome

Anyone have an extra Helm of Akkhan they're willing to part with in exchange for a Breastplate of Akkhan or Magefist?

PSN: deathgodgrimmjow

Laconic

Banned
I cannot conceive of doing Normal cache runs with anything but a Sader, now that I have perma-horse.

Swiftmount + Lord Commander + 45% or so cooldown is pretty boss.

It's awful that they haven't fixed the local co-op glitch where the second player's skills all have stars next to them.
There's a similar bug where if you accidentally leave the inventory screen — like to look at your stat sheet — it wipes out all the stars, so you no longer know which gear is new.

zou

I can't believe how unrewarding the game/loot grind still is. Goblins are still nerfed to hell, as are resplendent chests. Finding a goblin or a big-ass chest used to be exciting, now after 100s of hours/goblins I've only had a single legendary item dropped (when I stumbled over a dozen of them or so). Nothing from chests. I still get excited out of habit when I find one, but that's gone quickly.

And it's ridiculous that drops are still random and skewed towards trash, having the majority of the legendary items drop from trash mobs or breakables isn't fun or exciting it's frustrating. Especially since elites/bosses drop shit. Running through 4 or 5 rift levels, killing 20-30 elite mobs and the rift guardian and the only legendary item "dropped" from a vase. That's bs game design. At the very least the guardian should be a guaranteed drop, or close to it.

such a broken mess.

I cannot conceive of doing Normal cache runs without anything but a Sader, now that I have perma-horse.

Swiftmount + Lord Commander + 45% or so cooldown is pretty boss.

i've been using a witchdoctor: spirit walk (with damage mod) + shukrani's triumph + firewalkers + thundergod's vigour + grave injustice = pretty much constant spirit walk that kills everything i touch.

We're playing Expert right now. Just finished A3 in Adventure mode. I think we're both ~P25. How high do people bump the difficulty? Like, are we taking it too easy on ourselves if we're not dying hourly, or what?

Apart from the forthcoming grifts, I guess the only penalty for dying is the increased repair bill for gear? How do I even determine how much durability a piece of gear has left, and what happens when it hits zero?
Based on where you were last time I saw your character, you should be on torment 1 now. You shouldn't be dying frequently, but if you occasionally die to a swarm of mobs then you are probably okay. I don't die at all unless I just get trapped under walls and a ton of mobs.

Just repair your gear after a few rifts or a set of bounties and you'll be fine. It isn't really something to worry about.

I found the Butchers Sickle which is kinda cool. Are there any more boss' weapons like this?

I had 2 Butcher's cleavers, never found a sickle though. Azurewrath is a boss' weapon too, I used it a lot with my crusader, the cold damage is very handy with blessed hammers, freezing everyone around you.

Based on where you were last time I saw your character, you should be on torment 1 now. You shouldn't be dying frequently, but if you occasionally die to a swarm of mobs then you are probably okay. I don't die at all unless I just get trapped under walls and a ton of mobs.

Just repair your gear after a few rifts or a set of bounties and you'll be fine. It isn't really something to worry about.
Thanks. We ran A4 on Master, and if A5 continues to go well, we're gonna bump it up to T1 the next time through.

We decided we probably had it too easy when we realized we'd each accumulated 200 pots. lol

Top Bottom