• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

All the gaffers I added a while ago are still playing Destiny >:eek:

Gonna scrape thru the last couple pages and get a few new PSN brahs to play with.

In the mean time...PSN- aewilde

psn: blacksalad_

I usually play every night until far too late (early?) in the morning, this game has thoroughly destroyed my sleep habits. Still playing WD now, stuck on T5 until I get a better dagger and/or gloves to complete my jade set =(

Hey guys is this accurate:

Diablo III takes, on average, about 18 hours to beat
Reaper of Souls, on average, about 6-8 hours?

So, in total, a single playthrough is a good 22-24 hours?

Raptor

Hey guys is this accurate:

Diablo III takes, on average, about 18 hours to beat
Reaper of Souls, on average, about 6-8 hours?

So, in total, a single playthrough is a good 22-24 hours?

For a first playthrough, more or less, although it depends on how much stuff you skip during Story mode and how many times you die to bosses/attacks you don't know how to avoid.

But as anyone here will tell you, Story mode is just the start...

ZenaxPure

This is good for the leapquake right?

No, not really. The thing with barbarians is that we have no weapons or items that actually make our spenders good which causes them to lag behind on higher difficulties. On top of that, using a spender means you have to give up the Berserker Rage passive which increases your damage by an additional 25%. Put it this way, on my leapquake barbarian I have basically best in slot gear and my earthquakes tick for upwards of 100 million with crits while my hammer of the ancients is lucky when it crits for around 22 or 23 million. It's just not worth it to give up a passive slot that gives 25% more damage and an active slot that gives up either more damage or some utility for a spender.

You can technically use a spender if you want, but, just know that you are giving up damage by doing it. This will change someday if we ever get an item that actually increases the damage of one of our spenders but it hasn't happened yet.

HORRORSHØW

This is good for the leapquake right?

more fury is always great, but it's not like leapquake barbs are exactly starving for fury. bunny hop into a mob> use your spender> bunny hop to another mob. leap generates fury so you should be good on that front.
i know nothing! wow. how are you getting 100m crits with just your earthquake? and how good is the raekor set in 2.1? i enjoyed using it but definitely takes a back seat to EQ barb.

Raptor

No, not really. The thing with barbarians is that we have no weapons or items that actually make our spenders good which causes them to lag behind on higher difficulties. On top of that, using a spender means you have to give up the Berserker Rage passive which increases your damage by an additional 25%. Put it this way, on my leapquake barbarian I have basically best in slot gear and my earthquakes tick for upwards of 100 million with crits while my hammer of the ancients is lucky when it crits for around 22 or 23 million. It's just not worth it to give up a passive slot that gives 25% more damage and an active slot that gives up either more damage or some utility for a spender.

You can technically use a spender if you want, but, just know that you are giving up damage by doing it. This will change someday if we ever get an item that actually increases the damage of one of our spenders but it hasn't happened yet.

I read this words but I dont know what they mean lol, tell me you secrets in detail please, spender?

EDIT:

WTF, so if I just slash away and dont use an spender skill I have 25% more damage, jesus fuck that is great since I loev to just melee away with an occasional earthquake.

;)

Well that is untill I get the damn Lut Socks god damn!

ZenaxPure

Grimløck;132657236 said:
and how good is the raekor set in 2.1? i enjoyed using it but definitely takes a back seat to EQ barb.

I don't know how to answer this question really. I guess let's start with Charge. The animation is faster and the pathing is better in 2.1 which is great. On top of that vile ward is changed so that each target hit by charge the next one hit (during the same charge) will take 30% more damage. This stacks infinitely so if you charge through 15 enemies you're obviously looking at 15*30 on the last enemy hit. It pretty consistently hits for over 100 million in large packs (and this does ridiculous AOE damage thanks to bloodshed and area damage procs). It's without a doubt the best AOE in the game even compared to other classes.

The problem is, no single target damage. You need to hit multiple enemies to reset the cooldown of charge, which isn't happening on rift guardians. So right now Raekor single target damage comes from Ancients. The build already values high CDR (as each ~20% CDR means one less target you have to charge to reset the cooldown) so your single target damage is standing around using Frenzy as you wait for Ancients to come of cooldown. A lot of people use Maximus for the build because fire chain damage actually scales with fire damage in the patch (and the fire chain ticks 5 times per second, and on my charge barbarian it can tick for around 10 million without wrath of the berserker, so it's a considerable amount of damage).

There is more I could say on the matter, but it would end up being a wall of text about how yes Raekor is good now but it also sucks at endgame along every other barbarian build because of how Greater Rifts are structured. But the short answer is yeah, if you want to play it it is going to be awesome next patch.

I read this words but I dont know what they mean lol, tell me you secrets in detail please, spender?

Spenders are any of your abilities that cost fury. So hammer of the ancients, seismic slam, even battle rage. Anything that costs fury.

As for my secrets, I dunno, they aren't really secrets. Technically on console you should be able to get your Leapquake ticks even higher than 100 million since Leap has half the cooldown. This is my Leapquake barbarian right now, the weapons change depending on what I am doing and the gems aren't obtainable on console, but, skill wise that is mostly what I used pre 2.1. The major differences were I didn't need Ignore Pain (because with double Unity monster damage isn't a big deal on T6) and Weapon Master was switched with Rampage.

I guess the one secret to it is that Earthquake actually ticks multiple times per second and the damage displayed is actually a lot of mini-damage rolled up into one number. This damage also includes area damage which in the way I run the build has every mob stacked on top of each other, so I get a lot of area damage procs which increases the displayed number. Talking about how much damage earthquake does is really weird since even with multiple quakes out the damage from all of them gets rolled up into 1 number.

HORRORSHØW

just loaded up my vanilla d3 to see where i was at.
KuGsj.gif

haven't touched it since the removal of RMAH and the introduction of paragon levels. and i guess level 60 was the cap.

screenshot2014-10-02a77u14.png

Ha! This thing is awesome!!

So does that mean all
legendary?
helmets can roll 6% CHC? How do I determine what they need to give up to get it? For example, is it impossible to get APoC and CHC on the same hat, because they both roll in the same affix slot; Primary Slot #3 or whatever? I'd like a hat with APoC, RCR, CHC, and Disintegrate. Is that even possible? How do I know??

Is anyone following this? lol

USC-fan

Banned
I guess I'll take a break until 2.1 come, or just slowly level up my HC character.

that could be months until 2.1 is released on ps4.....

But it does suck on the console because 2.1 just add some many features and gear to the game. They did say in the future they plan to have patches come out close to PC. BUt likely we will just get big patches not hotfixes type patches.

ZenaxPure

So does that mean all
legendary?
helmets can roll 6% CHC? How do I determine what they need to give up to get it? For example, is it impossible to get APoC and CHC on the same hat, because they both roll in the same affix slot; Primary Slot #3 or whatever? I'd like a hat with APoC, RCR, CHC, and Disintegrate. Is that even possible? How do I know??

Is anyone following this? lol

If you want a general idea of what stats an item can roll visit the mystic and look at it. Every slot is different. Some items are special though and have a stat that normally isn't obtainable in that slot. To answer your specific question, it would be hard. Stats don't share any sort of slots or anything like that (outside of primary stats and secondary stats), but, there is a hidden table that determines the chance of a stat appearing on an item. Crit chance is usually pretty low for example, which is why when you try to reroll something for crit chance it can often take fuckin' forever. In addition some items have stats that are guaranteed to roll on them. For example every wizard hat has guaranteed Intellect by default I believe. If you want a good idea just use the D3 item guide on the diablo website and it will tell you what stats are guaranteed on an item and then how many random stats it has. If you want to know what those random stats can be and have the item in game, that is where the mystic can help.

But it does suck on the console because 2.1 just add some many features and gear to the game. They did say in the future they plan to have patches come out close to PC. BUt likely we will just get big patches not hotfixes type patches.

It's kind of a double edged sword actually. The thing with the PC version is that they push out hotfixes all the time. Hotfixes are actually different from patches because it isn't updating the game like a patch, it is changing something on their servers which in turn changes something in the game, you don't even log out for this to take effect it just happens without warning. They can't hotfix the console version since it is not ran from their servers, so, all they can do is push out patches which I doubt they would do at that frequency (as for example, there have been 2 hotfixes on the PC version in the past 7 days).

It's weird because there have already been some hotfixes that have made some fairly significant changes in 2.1 such as increasing the amount of blood shards you get from greater rifts and increasing the chance of finding legendary items in Caches (up to 100% on T6). Neither of those things were done in a patch, just a hotfix. Had the console 2.1 patch came out the same day as the PC one it would have not seen those things (as they happened weeks later). Those changes will just be a natural part of the 2.1 patch when it comes to consoles.

Basically what I am getting at is that even though the wait sucks, at least this way you will get the majority of the changes.

Matt Frost

They own their own distribution platform, so that is a lot easier than going through Sony approval process... thats why you will see less patches on PS or X1 than on PC.

Added you for gifts. Just hit 70 on my second toon (barb), and I'm playing a lot to gear him out.
awesome-on way to work now but I'll use Xbox app to accept FR

I made 5 chars in PS4 version and sort of maxed them out (paragon 90). rolling through on XB1 finally. I will be playing a lot more now as well-

Tiops

Well, something to keep in mind is that gear scales to the level you get it at. So even though you can get a MoJ starting at level 31, if you get one at 70 it will have level 70 stats.

As for crusader builds. The two strongest builds until 2.1 are the holy shotgun and firestarter builds. Both require Akkhan to work (ideally hat, shoulders, gloves, chest, and either pants or boots with a RoRG) and then for firestarter you want a 1h flail called Darklight and holy shotgun wants a 2h flail called Fate of the Fell. Just google the name of the build you should be able to find tons of in depth resources for each one (though some of them may have 2.1 info in them now so you have to pay attention).

Of course those are just items you aim for though, before that you can use any sort of build you want.
Thanks for the help! I think I'll roll a Shotgun, as I really like the skill.

I'm starting to get addicted to the game D:

Audioboxer

Anyone have a spare witching hour belt?

After blowing a ton of shards on Kadala trying to get this, I've just stuck with the legendary belt she dropped seen in my build for now. Swapped over from Captain Crimson set bonuses to Aughilds. The damage reduction and plus damage to elites should help me with T5.

Any critiques of my current build or things I could change? (apart from continuing to gamble for a witching hour).

http://imgur.com/a/EIdO8 (posted 2 pics of Aughild, one is just showing the set bonus). With all the + holy damage I'm gearing up for a final shotgun build, but until I get a good FotF and Shield I'm sticking with the current weapon setup.

I have some spare Akkhans pauldrons if anyone needs them.

Raptor

After blowing a ton of shards on Kadala trying to get this, I've just stuck with the legendary belt she dropped seen in my build for now. Swapped over from Captain Crimson set bonuses to Aughilds. The damage reduction and plus damage to elites should help me with T5.

Any critiques of my current build or things I could change? (apart from continuing to gamble for a witching hour).

http://imgur.com/a/EIdO8 (posted 2 pics of Aughild, one is just showing the set bonus). With all the + holy damage I'm gearing up for a final shotgun build, but until I get a good FotF and Shield I'm sticking with the current weapon setup.

I have some spare Akkhans pauldrons if anyone needs them.

Hey bro thanks for the Akkhans gauntlets, the spare ones I gift them away already to another Crusader :)

Now I have Pauldrons and Gauntlets :)

I changed to my Crusader now since I feel my barbarian is squishy as to how I have it now, Crusader you can let loose and watch the carnage, she is a damn tank and doesn't afraid of anything lols.

What is the most effective roll for a lower level req for a level 70, I want to lower it to 49 so I can go to torment already lol.

Audioboxer

Hey bro thanks for the Akkhans gauntlets, the spare ones I gift them away already to another Crusader :)

Now I have Pauldrons and Gauntlets :)

I changed to my Crusader now since I feel my barbarian is squishy as to how I have it now, Crusader you can let loose and watch the carnage, she is a damn tank and doesn't afraid of anything lols.

What is the most effective roll for a lower level req for a level 70, I want to lower it to 49 so I can go to torment already lol.

You're welcome :)

Audioboxer

Just blew another load of shards on Kadala for witching hour... then went Googling, it's one of the rarest belts. There we go....

I'll get it though!

Audioboxer

Just blew another load of shards on Kadala for witching hour... then went Googling, it's one of the rarest belts. There we go....

I'll get it though!

Okay it's still not the witching hour but she did produce this decent specimen for me

ZEfHjEb.jpg

Rolled armor into strength. -30% damage from melee attackers sounds sweet!

HORRORSHØW

these finally dropped for me. first time seeing them in over 400 PLs. on another note, melee demon hunter is badass, and more fun and engaging than the pet build.

BzEtjc-CYAAEVag.jpg

wtsfox

Neo Member
Hi
I'm a lvl 70(53) monk. The last 70 hours that I played I haven't got anything to improve my character. I'm playing torment 2 and it takes up to 2 hours to complete the 5 bounties and kill the rift guardian. I do almost no damage. stats are 361k / 9800k / 17.8k See old screenshot. Any advice? I'm getting frustrated.
jkbQ0U1.jpg

Please add me on ps4 my PSNID; SoRealFox

Audioboxer

Sure!

PSN right ? Tunesmith-

Sorry, already gone buddy. If another drops you're first :)

Finally got my Crusader over 900k unbuffed with Jek build. Sacrificed the shield slot for +10% crit chance (should of done that ages ago).

An almost identical belt to mine dropped in a T5 rift, if anyone wants my old one let me know (it's on the left in pic, and main stat can be re-rolled). Pretty lucky that the two that dropped for me have -30% damage reduction buffs!

http://imgur.com/a/LaQNq

Up next for me I guess is finding the FotF and a good shield to properly try a shotgun build. I have the gear with holy damage, just not the weapon! I'm clearing T5 okay just now though anyway.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Hi
I'm a lvl 70(53) monk. The last 70 hours that I played I haven't got anything to improve my character. I'm playing torment 2 and it takes up to 2 hours to complete the 5 bounties and kill the rift guardian. I do almost no damage. stats are 361k / 9800k / 17.8k See old screenshot. Any advice? I'm getting frustrated.
jkbQ0U1.jpg

Please add me on ps4 my PSNID; SoRealFox
Looking at that, you have almost no Crit chance at all? That's likely why you don't do any damage.

ZenaxPure

Looking at that, you have almost no Crit chance at all? That's likely why you don't do any damage.

Yeah there are A LOT of easy upgrades you could get considering you are mostly rolling with crafted gear. The easiest ones off the top of my head:

Craft gloves with crit chance and crit hit damage, craft a chest you can get 3 sockets on, craft 2 yellow rings, both with crit chance and crit hit damage if you can. Craft two 1 handed weapons, mostly aim for a good damage roll and getting a socket and then stick green gems in each of them. Can't really say which weapons you should craft without knowing more about your build.

Anyway, just doing those things will probably triple your sheet damage, and there is a lot of other improvements you could make as well.

Audioboxer

Pretty much, my whole build is based around crit/spam lol.

It'll only get more powerful if I get a witching hour eventually, but I would be sacrificing a bit of defense with that -30% melee reduction (still have a spare belt as in pic if someone wants it).

Audioboxer

What is a good way to farm gold?

Any bounties in particular?

Some gear with + gold % drop and rifts usually for me. What belt are you using? I have a replica of the one I'm using on my imgur link above as you can see and it's like +34% gold from monsters as well as that (IMO) awesome -30% damage buff.

If you're playing right now I can lend you a chest piece that drops gold on every hit. Other than that I would say just play at higher difficulty
Yeah, the Goldskin is pretty cool.

If gold is really all you're after, don't forget you can sell most gear to the vendor too. Blues and Yellows fetch a fairly decent chunk of change.

Krayzie

Yeah, the Goldskin is pretty cool.

If gold is really all you're after, don't forget you can sell most gear to the vendor too. Blues and Yellows fetch a fairly decent chunk of change.

Dont forget about those defunct grey items. Those sell for a mighty pretty penny.
I had no idea that those items were basically redundant be4.
I sold all that i had in store and gained a few mills.

Top Bottom