• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Normally it only procs when you finish an entire pack, but, it is bugged so that killing an illusionist mob (as in the clones that get created, not the real mob) will proc it as well. There was a blue post that said it was a bug, but, I don't think they've fixed it even on the PC version yet.
Ah, right on. Thanks.

In the first 2 minutes of playing after the patch, on my first bounty, on my first goblin, I found the vault. I found maybe another 20 goblins and no such luck. Either I was extremely lucky that first time or there were some shenanigans going on boosting the chance of finding the first one after the patch or something.

Was really nice going from a few million gold to like 26 million. Was able to do a few more gem upgrades and found a legendary gem as well.

I have an extra legendary potion that gives bonus to life on kill if anyone wants it.

This happen to me as well, i was messing around with my wizard on T3 when I saw a gobblin that left a portal. I got like 20m from the cave and 2 legendaries (that were crap) and a legendary gem.

Wonder if i will have as much luck again with my crusader on T5 this night.

Also does somene knows how to improve a fist of the heavens build? I think i reached a point where i cant progress anymore. Maybe if i find a rog with better critical damage or chance of critical.

Paganmoon

God damn, it's easy to level chars that you twink out. Was doing T4's from level 20 up to 38, back down to T2 now, but wow, it's fast.

Audioboxer

Time to start grinding for a Furnace and Unrelenting Phalanx!

Just had a heart slaughter drop for me, which seems to be an okay stop gap. I have my unrelenting phalanx.

Got one of those new items that allows you to put a slot on a weapon as well :D

Raptor

The new Leoric crown has to re-drop for the bonus :(

Aw man I just got that, :(

Well Im like a crazy person that goes after whatever new piece of item that I like, for instance Im building the Shotgun just to see it with my own eyes then I will probably change rigth away to another build, I want a build that uses the Maximus.

I have a Blade of the Prophecy to trade for a Maximus if there is any takers.

Ill trow a pair of Firewalkers too in it just cause Im nice.

HORRORSHØW

i'm running the stampede build. can only do 33-34 now. most of my gear has shitty rolls except my furnace. my cooldown is only at around 35% lol. my demon hunter can go up to 36 with equally shitty gear.

ZenaxPure

Any good guides for the basic shotgun build? Have this one for stampede.

edit: LOL I just rolled the shield on Kadala first go after dropping from T6 to T5 from my "ragequit" earlier. Doesn't have the best of rolls but it's decent :D
edit2: This build looks interesting with the new armour http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raazel-6529/hero/43988946

The guide on the crusader reddit is a bit out of date (as it is mostly based on last patch stuff), but, it is good enough.

As for the Roland build you linked, it is pretty interesting. Probably my personal favorite crusader build right now to be honest. Totally T6 viable but not really cut out for super high GRs as it is also a melee build. I just enjoy how it works mechanically, the last set bonus doubles your attack speed when fully stacked which causes your bowmen to shoot crazy fast and the ring gives you high uptime on them even without cooldown reduction. They will also proc the pain enhancer gem like crazy which is around a 700% weapon damage per second dot at rank 25 which is a lot of free damage. Plus the rank 25 effect gives you another 3% attack speed per bleeding mob around you. Basically you attack stupid fast.

drotahorror

Does anyone think the seasonal items have been included for PS4/XB1?

Since there are no seasons on consoles, I feel like we should atleast be given a chance to get the items that are season exclusive on PC.

ZenaxPure

Does anyone think the seasonal items have been included for PS4/XB1?

Since there are no seasons on consoles, I feel like we should atleast be given a chance to get the items that are season exclusive on PC.

There was a blizz post a few weeks ago that said the console version won't get the seasonal items at all. Seems kinda shitty imo but I can kinda understand it. At a minimum they probably wouldn't add them to the game until a season is over anyway and they probably don't want to do a tiny console patch every time a season is over. Personally I still think they should add past season items whenever they do patch the console version, but, hey I don't work at blizzard so what can I do but complain about it on the internet.

ZangBa

The guide on the crusader reddit is a bit out of date (as it is mostly based on last patch stuff), but, it is good enough.

As for the Roland build you linked, it is pretty interesting. Probably my personal favorite crusader build right now to be honest. Totally T6 viable but not really cut out for super high GRs as it is also a melee build. I just enjoy how it works mechanically, the last set bonus doubles your attack speed when fully stacked which causes your bowmen to shoot crazy fast and the ring gives you high uptime on them even without cooldown reduction. They will also proc the pain enhancer gem like crazy which is around a 700% weapon damage per second dot at rank 25 which is a lot of free damage. Plus the rank 25 effect gives you another 3% attack speed per bleeding mob around you. Basically you attack stupid fast.

I was looking at that Roland build that guy had, but the only thing I don't understand is why he has % physical on some gear if his Sweep Attack is holy. I'm guessing it's for the bowmen? Then it would make sense. I want to go for some kind of Sweep Attack build in the future because it's my favorite Crusader skill. I love the phalanx pets, too.

ZenaxPure

I was looking at that Roland build that guy had, but the only thing I don't understand is why he has % physical on some gear if his Sweep Attack is holy. I'm guessing it's for the bowmen? Then it would make sense. I want to go for some kind of Sweep Attack build in the future because it's my favorite Crusader skill. I love the phalanx pets, too.

Yep. In the build Sweep functions as a support skill. It gives you double attack speed (which in turn increases your bowmen attack speed) and gathers enemies up in one place (which is always a good thing of course). With the unrelenting phalanx and the new eternal union you have a bunch of bowmen and they are always active. They also proc the pain enhancer gem which offers a really huge dot. Bowmen and pain enhancer (which are both physical) are the bulk of the damage in the build.

ZangBa

Yep. In the build Sweep functions as a support skill. It gives you double attack speed (which in turn increases your bowmen attack speed) and gathers enemies up in one place (which is always a good thing of course). With the unrelenting phalanx and the new eternal union you have a bunch of bowmen and they are always active. They also proc the pain enhancer gem which offers a really huge dot. Bowmen and pain enhancer (which are both physical) are the bulk of the damage in the build.

This sounds so much more fun than shooting my ponies at monsters. Does the rune on Sweep Attack trigger the bracer effect?

ZenaxPure

This sounds so much more fun than shooting my ponies at monsters. Does the rune on Sweep Attack trigger the bracer effect?

Yep. Any skill that changes the location of an enemy (outside of fear) will proc the effect. Blackhole, sweep with that rune, barbarian stomp with the rune that pulls guys to you, etc. The wording on the bracers aren't really very informative.

And yeah honestly I enjoy it way more, but, my favorite builds are always those where your damage comes from multiple sources and your primary attack is more of a support skill than an outright damaging skill. I played the Stampede build on my seasonal crusader on PC for about 25 hours but got pretty bored of it and just moved on to another character. It's kinda alright because positioning is a HUGE part of playing it (because horses disappear when they hit walls and stuff) but it's just not really my style.

ZangBa

Yep. Any skill that changes the location of an enemy (outside of fear) will proc the effect. Blackhole, sweep with that rune, barbarian stomp with the rune that pulls guys to you, etc. The wording on the bracers aren't really very informative.

And yeah honestly I enjoy it way more, but, my favorite builds are always those where your damage comes from multiple sources and your primary attack is more of a support skill than an outright damaging skill. I played the Stampede build on my seasonal crusader on PC for about 25 hours but got pretty bored of it and just moved on to another character. It's kinda alright because positioning is a HUGE part of playing it (because horses disappear when they hit walls and stuff) but it's just not really my style.

Now the guys item make a lot more sense to me, thank you.

I'm still using a pre-2.1 Lord Commander build with Baleful Remnant because I like the focus on pets more than the stampede itself. While I was watching my favorite Youtuber's version of the build, I found myself looking through the comments and found a work-in-progress army build that looks potentially really good/fun when optimized. If you're interested you can see it here. I want to try something like this in the future, but I have so many things I still need to find first.

HORRORSHØW

the roland set does sound interesting. is sweep attack preferred over shield bash? i have a decent golden flense stashed up but no piro marella plan (maybe i do--i should check the blacksmith).

i tried running the golden flense prior to 2.1 and it was shit lol.

subwilde

So I did 6 grifts today and got 6 legendary gems o_O

I think the coolest one I got was every enemy hit gets 2000% weapon poison dmg over 10 seconds. If anybody is interested I can list out all 7 I've collected so far. I wonder how many unique gems are available?

ZenaxPure

Grimløck;133526093 said:
the roland set does sound interesting. is sweep attack preferred over shield bash? i have a decent golden flense stashed up but no piro marella plan (maybe i do--i should check the blacksmith).

i tried running the golden flense prior to 2.1 and it was shit lol.

I'm pretty sure there is a shield bash version of the build out there somewhere but the reason sweep is chosen in this version of the build is because the phalanx shield gives you double the bowmen and you can't use it and piro obviously. Having double bowmen is essential because in this setup the whole goal is to use sweep as a way to double your bowmen's attack speed through the Roland set bonus so they shoot incredibly fast and proc pain enhancer on everything they hit.

Now the guys item make a lot more sense to me, thank you.

I'm still using a pre-2.1 Lord Commander build with Baleful Remnant because I like the focus on pets more than the stampede itself. While I was watching my favorite Youtuber's version of the build, I found myself looking through the comments and found a work-in-progress army build that looks potentially really good/fun when optimized. If you're interested you can see it here. I want to try something like this in the future, but I have so many things I still need to find first.

Yeah, when I do T6 rifts on my pony crusader I actually usually roll with Baleful and it is hilarious having so many fucking pets out at a time. Sadly it's not really a great weapon for greater rifts, but, it is a ton of fun in t6.

Dubz

I'm ready to come back to this game in a big way this weekend. Going to hopefully level my hardcore monk to 70.

Imouto

Banned
Grimløck;133528745 said:
i did. maybe because i switch between crusader and demon hunter. i must've dropped like 3 duplicates.

Yes, as long as you have one in your inventory, you won't get another same one.

HORRORSHØW

I'm pretty sure there is a shield bash version of the build out there somewhere but the reason sweep is chosen in this version of the build is because the phalanx shield gives you double the bowmen and you can't use it and piro obviously. Having double bowmen is essential because in this setup the whole goal is to use sweep as a way to double your bowmen's attack speed through the Roland set bonus so they shoot incredibly fast and proc pain enhancer on everything they hit.
i see. thanks for the explanation. that makes a lot of sense. looks like it's time to farm some roland pieces.

ZenaxPure

Grimløck;133529702 said:
i see. thanks for the explanation. that makes a lot of sense. looks like it's time to farm some roland pieces.

One thing really worth noting again though is that it's not really a build for climbing up GR ranks, it can certainly blaze through T6 but if you want to make it past your current records on GR progress you will probably want to stick with the Stampede build. Honestly that is kind of a big thing in 2.1. Lots and lots of builds that are T6 capable across the classes (and still plenty that can break into early GR 30 range) but there are only a few certain builds that are going to get you past GR 35 or so if that is important to you.

Jolkien

So there's no seasonal item in the game even though we won't get season due to cheater etc ? So there's no way to try a Condemn Build with Frydehr's Wrath ? I totally get why there's no season on console, I just don't get why they prevent us from running cool build with gameplay changing legendary.

Imouto

Banned
So there's no seasonal item in the game even though we won't get season due to cheater etc ? So there's no way to try a Condemn Build with Frydehr's Wrath ? I totally get why there's no season on console, I just don't get why they prevent us from running cool build with gameplay changing legendary.

They haven't thought about how to give them to players, I think. If they let people have it through normal way, the PC player bases would go ape shit over it.

JCizzle

They haven't thought about how to give them to players, I think. If they let people have it through normal way, the PC player bases would go ape shit over it.

It will probably be in later patches when the seasonal are moved into the normal drops on pc mode as they're replaced by the newer ones.

Jolkien

I can see how they'd (the pc crowd) be annoyed is there an official Blizzard stance on it ? Trying to find it with some google-fu but either I'm blind or I can't find anything about it.

On another note made it to grift 28, really fun to run.

(Edit: Found a stance for those interested):

Because the Seasons will not be included in patch 2.1.0 for next-gen consoles, the Seasonal Legendaries will also not be included. We haven't released information for plans beyond 2.1.0 yet; however, as info becomes available we'll be sure to share it with all of you.
Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14527982697#7

ZenaxPure

I can see how they'd (the pc crowd) be annoyed is there an official Blizzard stance on it ? Trying to find it with some google-fu but either I'm blind or I can't find anything about it.

Some of the playerbase already embarrassed themselves enough when they threw a whiny fit about seasons having any exclusive legendaries at all, it would only be worse if those items got patched into the console version before the PC season ended.

Personally I think they should just add past season items to the game next time they do a content patch on consoles (and by that time I have to imagine 3 or 4 seasons will have fully completed), but yeah, who knows.

ZangBa

Uh, I guess Uber Magda is bugged? Third time in a row she became invincible at 75% despite damage numbers showing and her having no shield.

Jolkien

Some of the playerbase already embarrassed themselves enough when they threw a whiny fit about seasons having any exclusive legendaries at all, it would only be worse if those items got patched into the console version before the PC season ended.

Personally I think they should just add past season items to the game next time they do a content patch on consoles (and by that time I have to imagine 3 or 4 seasons will have fully completed), but yeah, who knows.

It's weird that they'll make the legendary drop after the season, ladder only item in D2 were never introduced into the regular game (as far as I remember ? ). But there was trading in D2 (comapred to D3 PC) so I guess that's one of the reason. But it gave you a reason to run under new season. If we get seasonal item when the season ends on PC I'd be fine with it. (Do we know how long seasons run for or they haven't decided yet ? )

I'm surprised we got 2.1 this ''early'' I was expecting maybe a date announced at Blizzcon. I hope from here on out we get patches closer to the PC version. Here's hoping the console sales were worth it to keep supporting the console version alongside the PC in future content patches/expansion. There's no going back for me after playing with a controller.

ZenaxPure

Do we know how long seasons run for or they haven't decided yet ? )

Who knows how long each will actually end up running, but, what they have said is that the first season will run for 2 or 3 months (and we're about a month and half into it currently) and that the first season may be longer than future seasons. It sounds like a bit of an experimental moving target, because they said they like the idea of having some shorter seasons and that they want to muck around with game mechanics in some seasons (they contemplated disabling crit hit damage in the first season for example, but, decided against it and said they wanted the first season to be relatively normal gameplay wise).

Basically my point is it sounds like they don't even know and are going to just play it by ear. For all we know that could be one of the reasons they have decided against season items on consoles for now, because they didn't have some sort of plan laid out ahead of time, but, yeah /shrug.

HORRORSHØW

helscream and i stalled out on gr37. freaking hp sponges take forever to take down. too hard. i think it's easier to solo b/c of double unity.

ZangBa

Grimløck;133547150 said:
helscream and i stalled out on gr37. freaking hp sponges take forever to take down. too hard. i think it's easier to solo b/c of double unity.

I need to get that death immunity legendary for my Templar, but those follower items are so rare :<.

Paganmoon

I levelled my WD from 10 to 50-something in one session doing just things like that.

Almost feels like cheating hehe, only reason I didn't go higher than T4 was cause I had absolutely no survivability, I'd die if elite packs looked at me sideways :)

Not sure if the 35% XP bonus gem on the helm is even needed when running like this, I guess it helps, but already getting 400% from just the T2 and 800% during times I'm on T4.

In other news, Kadala gave me 1 leg and 1 set ring for 240 shards, I think she's starting to like me. Rings weren't that good, but still.

ZenaxPure

Grimløck;133547150 said:

Yeah, a support guy is pretty much mandatory for coop GRs because you don't have double unity. Monk is pretty good, but, honestly witch doctor is pretty ridiculous right now thanks to the voodoo mask that causes terrify to both root and fear for up to 8 seconds. You can completely lock enemies down so they can't move at all, feel like it will get nerfed at some point because seriously, that shit is dumb.

KlockreN

Neo Member
I've just started playing my crusader again, but i seem to be struggling alot.
Any crusaders here that got any tips on builds? gear?

Audioboxer

I'm thinking I'll have to grind towards that build. Seems fresh for me, I enjoyed the speed of the Gyrfalcon spam build, but it's not T6 material. Getting bored of the horse spam on my stampede build already. Roland requires a whole new armour set, weapon and ring though /grindgrindgrind

Here is my stampede progress so far. Got some nice damage on my heart slaughter.

I guess the stampede build will help me grind through T6 and get some Roland drops. Never seen a Golden Flense, so look forward to grinding for it! lol

Number45

I'm ready to come back to this game in a big way this weekend. Going to hopefully level my hardcore monk to 70.
If you're on PS4 and I'm online, feel free to jump in or send me an invite. PSN: Number45, Barb is currently level 43 at the beginning of act 3.

HORRORSHØW

rolled a pretty good amulet. don't know if i want to sacrifice 99%chd for a slot tho. already rolled all the chd from my rings.
BzgHcm9CQAAoOkF.jpg

and my first experience with the roland set was not good. not tanky, less damage, and spends way too much resource.

Audioboxer

Grimløck;133561853 said:
rolled a pretty good amulet. don't know if i want to sacrifice 99%chd for a slot tho. already rolled all the chd from my rings.
BzgHcm9CQAAoOkF.jpg

and my first experience with the roland set was not good. not tanky, less damage, and spends way too much resource.

You have the whole set already? Lucky man.

Anyone have any spare Roland pieces? Please send them my way! :D I know 2.1 has just hit, but there may be some Gaffers with dupes. I really don't like the playstyle of the stampede build, even if it is effective :/

PSN: Audioboxer

Top Bottom