• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

ZenaxPure

So, I know couch co-op is a thing and I love that it is but if I wanted to get my friend in on this action since I'm on PS4 he would need one as well yeah? Can't play cross-platform in that respect? PS3 with PS4 player ?

No cross-play.

This is probably because the versions have a lot of differences (the PS3 version is limited in a lot of technical aspects). Also the lack of patch support on the old versions is an obvious problem for playing together as the game gets older.

Again mentioning a point that blizzard has clearly responded to, just ignoring.

Good job owning yourself. DPI and sensitivity compared to analog issue always exist no matter the genre. Analog doesn't allow you to aim your skills the same pc players can this is important vs mobs especially when you need to aim in the middle or in the back at specific target. Analog and the interface of the console game itself doesn't make item swapping on the fly or in less than a second all that easy or even practical let alone possible. Yet I keep hearing superior and the like from crowd that is totally clueless about such difference or even aware of them.

good day mang.

So what I can play at much higher resolutions on pc and a much higher fps, again where is the superiority? I also did mention we can add ambient occulsion to varying degrees to make the lighting better and on top we can apply superior forms of aa on top of supersampling.with very little hit to the game especially if we are using 60fps as a baseline.
Ha ha "owned" you remind me of the late 90's.

go through this thread and count how many times a PC gamer has said this game was meant to be played with a controller, or how much fun they're having being able to move freely, come back and try to resume your talk about quick swaps. It's about gameplay, not item management, the extra seconds in the iten management screen won't kill anyone.

As for the paragraph after you wished me good day..don'tnobodycareaboutallthat
idon'tevenknowwhatmostofitmeans.

I'm a Console peasant.
Mang.

JCizzle

Agreed with those who say online and offline characters should be separate options! Nothing ruins the experience like hackers!

cjp

Forgive my ignorance, but can I just equip any weapon as a Wizard? I started with a wand and I've found a few bows and daggers so far. Do I just equip the ones with the best stats, regardless of what "type" of weapon it is?

DSN2K

I really interested in getting this digitally on PS4 but im finding it a massive stretch to pay £59 for it, I presume its got alot of content but still.

What he's referring to is the fact that you can actually control where your spells land in the PC version. It's a hell of a lot easier to CC a group of mobs with something like blackhole when you can aim the spell in the center of a group instead of being forced to target the closest enemy to you like it is in the console version. It has nothing to do with console players being dumber or anything, just the limitations of porting the core game.

But this isn't a bad thing really, Blizz was smart enough to design the console version with this in mind and it ended up an awesome game because of that. It's a good thing they made changes like that or otherwise the game would have felt like a lazy port with no effort put into it. I applaud Blizz for actually taking the time to make the game work.

I honestly didn't know about spell aiming and the like, played through vanilla om console and made due, but especially for mobs I can definitely see the advantage there. I can agree Blizzard did make the best decisions they could for the port, what we get is way better than no getting a port at all.

BFIB

Forgive my ignorance, but can I just equip any weapon as a Wizard? I started with a wand and I've found a few bows and daggers so far. Do I just equip the ones with the best stats, regardless of what "type" of weapon it is?

Yep. This really threw me off in the PC version at first, but you equip your weapon for the DPS stat, even though the attack will be a spell or something.

not every weapon- but alot of weapon types can be used by wizards- they really shine with a one handed weapon and a source in the off hand

experiment and have fun green arrows up is (for the most part) a good thing

Granak

Neo Member
Was there mention of a PSN listing for potential people to add? Goin' in on that PS4 version and would love to play with some fellow GAFers.

PSN: chainsawsuit

Picking this up after work today, so excited!

On a side note: hey digital owners, how seamless was the pre-load and unlocking process? I haven't used it for a game yet but will be when Infamous: First Light hits next week.

Was there any problems and did you have to do anything to unlock it? Or was it just playable the minute it released?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
go through this thread and count how many times a PC gamer has said this game was meant to be played with a controller, or how much fun they're having being able to move freely

As a PC gamer with a million hours into D2 and D3, I wouldn't say these games were "made" to be played with a controller, but I'm definitely loving the controller gameplay (was my biggest hangup on the PS4 version after not playing the PS3 version). I think it controls beautifully and if I had to pick, I'd probably opt for the controller.

X-Frame

The fact its 62gb. He clearly stated the size as being the issue.

Thanks, saw that I just didn't know exactly why it was so large until I saw posts about extra languages being included too. If I go digital, could I delete unnecessary language files and cut half of that file size down?

gruenel

Picking this up after work today, so excited!

On a side note: hey digital owners, how seamless was the pre-load and unlocking process? I haven't used it for a game yet but will be when Infamous: First Light hits next week.

Was there any problems and did you have to do anything to unlock it? Or was it just playable the minute it released?

It was absolutely flawless, my download started some time in the afternoon and was finished in a few hours. I started playing at 0:00 night time, only seconds after it was automatically unlocked.

Kiyo

As a PC gamer with a million hours into D2 and D3, I wouldn't say these games were "made" to be played with a controller, but I'm definitely loving the controller gameplay (was my biggest hangup on the PS4 version after not playing the PS3 version). I think it controls beautifully and if I had to pick, I'd probably opt for the controller.

I think if I had picked almost any other class I'd be quite alright with the controls. As a Wizard, the snap targeting is super annoying with a controller though. I wish I could turn it off. I'll probably level something simpler next and see how it goes.

ZenaxPure

I honestly didn't know about spell aiming and the like, played through vanilla om console and made due, but especially for mobs I can definitely see the advantage there. I can agree Blizzard did make the best decisions they could for the port, what we get is way better than no getting a port at all.

Yeah, Kiyo a few posts ago actually made a similar point. Beam attacks hit the most targets when you can aim them between mobs (as you hit more targets), but this isn't possible on console because it snaps to a target. You also can't quick turn when channeling a spell for some reason I do not understand at all (on PC when channeling you can instantly turn around without ending your channel, on console you spin in a slow circle). Makes no sense whatsoever.

Again though, yeah, blizz did an awesome job with the port so it's not a big deal. Just preference.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Ha ha "owned" you remind me of the late 90's.

Mang been around is just as old, don't really care I was being faceitous but you keep eating all the bait.

go through this thread and count how many times a PC gamer has said this game was meant to be played with a controller, or how much fun they're having being able to move freely, come back and try to resume your talk about quick swaps. It's about gameplay, not item management, the extra seconds in the iten management screen won't kill anyone.

So should I dredge the official forums, diablo fans other other forums showing people ragging on the console input in a useless attempt to appeal to popularity? I have plenty of fun with certain classes especially the demon hunter or barb which I'd rather use them on a console than pc.

Also you will die if you try that on a high torment cause if you use nemesis bracers and can't run the elites tend spawn on you gg if they have electrify or other affixes on them and you happen to be a witch doctor, wizard, or demon hunter you will dead quickly. Rather how about you try that out and show us that or use armgaurds during a conduit pylon by the time you switch it bonus would be gone. This is a gameplay issue and oddly enough item management is part gameplay it's a rather huge part.

As for the paragraph after you wished me good day..don'tknowbodycareaboutallthatidon'tevenknowwhatmostofitmeans. I'm a Console peasant.
Mang.

Its shows mang and I hope a mod sees that reference for what it is.

BFIB

Thanks guys. Lots to learn.

That's the main hook of the game is constantly changing your weapons, skills, etc. to experiment and find what works best for the way you like to play.

It just has infinite replay value.

suikodan

I cannot wait to get home tonight.
Haha I'm super excited to play a game I've already put hundreds of hours into.

Hahaha, same here. Me and my wife are currently playing Adventure mode on PC with our Lv70 chars but for some reasons, I'm as excited of replaying the game with a controller.

Trading two games for this also helps, I wouldn't have triple-dipped with money on this.

BokehKing

Banned
The 360 version was more enjoyable than the PC version imo

Right thumb stick rolling, better loot drops always beats the auction house (at the time) game feels like it was made for controllers (for melee classes at least)

The ps4 version is going to be amazing

Any word if there is mouse + keyboard support if I want to play a caster?

BFIB

The 360 version was more enjoyable than the PC version imo

Right thumb stick rolling, better loot drops always beats the auction house (at the time) game feels like it was made for controllers (for melee classes at least)

The ps4 version is going to be amazing

Any word if there is mouse + keyboard support if I want to play a caster?

Nope. Controller only.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I think if I had picked almost any other class I'd be quite alright with the controls. As a Wizard, the snap targeting is super annoying with a controller though. I wish I could turn it off. I'll probably level something simpler next and see how it goes.

I can see that being the case, actually. I'm a crusader so it's not an issue, but I can see the Wiz having a problem. Maybe you get used to it and adapt? I'm going wiz next so we'll see.

ZenaxPure

Im confused, how do i attack with the knife? Is it just for show or something?(ps4, witch doctor)

Lol, this should be in the OP at this point.

Your weapon is just for stats. Think of it like you would think of armor.

Only difference is that your weapon contributes more to your damage output than armor.

Korben

Banned
Game's still not delivered...

Dear Amazon France:

P1scL4C.gif

Navy Bean

Stuck at work for the next 8 hours...ugh. Last night I played around with the 360 game for a bit and landed a sweet legendary bow for my DH - sort of like a little going away present lol.

Bought on PS4 so feel free to add me: Ferrolla33.

fernoca

Managed to play a little over 2 hours, which after getting home from work and playing Garden Warfare first resulted in me playing until 6:30AM.

Playing on normal as a monk, currently level 10. In this kind of games I have to explore every corner of the map!! Well worth it so far and a friend might be joining later.

Lol, this should be in the OP at this point.

Your weapon is just for stats. Think of it like you would think of armor.

Only difference is that your weapon contributes more to your damage output than armor.

You can technically attack with just your weapon. If/when you run out of resources, you will just attack with your equipped weapon, at least on the PC side. Not sure if that works the same way on the console side.

ZenaxPure

By the way, if there's others Diablo noobs like me in this thread, EG write a guide/tutorial for the game:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-19-diablo-3-ultimate-evil-guide

I don't know if this is good, Diablo 3 hardcore gamers will know (and certainly tell us, right ?).

It's a pretty good starting point I think. That said most of the class guides are super vague and not really that informative. The monk one especially is laughable since it's like "well monks have a lot of options so i dunno, use magefists." Some of that stuff might be out of date, not sure as I didn't go through it all just skipped around.

Not terrible though.

I ported my chars over from 360-X1 and got to dick around for 10 minutes this morning.

The game looks fantastic and is buttery smooth.

Double dip was so worth it :)

[All my bugged weapons rings and armors ported over too, uh oh]

Marlenus

A quick question for those of you in the EU who purchased the game via the US PSN store. I currently have an EU PS+ subscription, if I buy the game from the US PSN store (or amazon.com) would that PS+ subscription allow me to play online or would I need to get PS+ for my US PSN account?

Daximuss

what's the best thing to do with excess loot? "junk" it?

thank you!

game is so smooth on the ps4. dat
framerate...

Any excess "blue" types of drops should be salvaged by the Blacksmith in New Tristam. Doing this levels up your Blacksmith crafting level and opens up new recipes for you to learn.

Top Bottom