• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

GRaider81

I was just in act 2 last night, then I jumped into friends game who was in act 4. I now seem to be stuck there. Is there a way to get back to act 2?

Good thing is I got some amazing legendaries when there!

JP

Another quick question from a beginner. I'm a level 12 Crusader and I'm wondering if people would recommend selling loot or crafting with it?

Liberty4all

Banned
So glad I bought this. Also got a controller for my wife for some fun couch co--op.

Note: Wife does not have PS+. I do. I created a PSN account for her. Started a game with my PS+ Character then joined her to it. Then joined a friend over the internet.

Just mentioning this because a few pages back somebody said both couch players have to have PS+ to be able to join with an online friend. This is incorrect, it worked fine for us.

I'm totally new to Diablo games. I've got a couple of questions. I'm still in Act 1, and just
beat the Skeleton King and found the guy in the crater

What should I be doing with all the loot I don't want/need? Is it best to sell it or break it into components at the blacksmith or what?

Is it possible to see my D3 profile on battle.net? I've linked my PSN account already, but when I log into battle.net I can only see the profile for the free starter edition of D3 I downloaded last year.

Break down everything into components. You don't need to sell anything as you can pick up enough gold in the field. As a rule, I never buy gear from the merchants unless it's dyes or a very good upgrade.

W Hudson

So just defeated one of the earlier Act 2 bosses and was rewarded with a legendary ring with great stats and it also spawns a treasure goblin that says he can pick up items and drop rares or even legendaries after he acquires a certain amount. Anyone have experience with this ring? Is it any good?

Handy Fake

So glad I bought this. Also got a controller for my wife for some fun couch co--op.

Note: Wife does not have PS+. I do. I created a PSN account for her. Started a game with my PS+ Character then joined her to it. Then joined a friend over the internet.

Just mentioning this because a few pages back somebody said both couch players have to have PS+ to be able to join with an online friend. This is incorrect, it worked fine for us.

Nah, we only meant a proper PS account and not a guest login. You don't need a full-blown PS+ account for your second player.

Ronin Ray

This game hates me . I can see my friends online I can receive and send gifts but I cant play with anyone online. I will join a party and see the other peoples characters and they say mine disappears. Then I just get a loading screen that never ends. If someone tries to join my game they get an error. My other Ps4 games get online. I can get to the store and use party chat and everything. This is torture!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dunlop

How does the local co-op work?

i am thinking of picking the game up to play with my son. I have a PS+ account, if I create a regular PSN account for him will it save the character?

(PS4)

Petrie

Banned
So all these gifts and stuff that you can send people and such, where is this stuff hidden away?

Also, I need to populate my friends list if I'm ever going to enjoy any of that stuff. Any other gaffers doing the same on PS4? Add me! PSN ID: PetriesLastWord

So all these gifts and stuff that you can send people and such, where is this stuff hidden away?

Also, I need to populate my friends list if I'm ever going to enjoy any of that stuff. Any other gaffers doing the same on PS4? Add me! PSN ID: PetriesLastWord

Look in items, first section above potions.

W Hudson

It shows up in their mailbox in town

EDIT: After you send it, super-famicon is right about the initial location

So just defeated one of the earlier Act 2 bosses and was rewarded with a legendary ring with great stats and it also spawns a treasure goblin that says he can pick up items and drop rares or even legendaries after he acquires a certain amount. Anyone have experience with this ring? Is it any good?

It will pick up gray and white gear. Every 15 items it picks up, it will drop a rare or legendary. It will have the max number of affixes (not necessarily max rolls).

Another quick question from a beginner. I'm a level 12 Crusader and I'm wondering if people would recommend selling loot or crafting with it?

Salvage pretty much everything you pick up that you don't need, unless it's Rimeheart.

So now that you guys have had some time with it, worth it if I already got the PC ver.? I'm interested mainly because it looks like it would control much better with a controller and thus more fun, on top of all the extras.

Very worth it.

One thing I noticed is the input interpreter is a little smarter than the PC version. On PC, if you hold down a button for a resource generator and then hold down a button for a resource spender, it will do the spender until you run out, and then do normal attacks (as in, attacking with your weapon instead of using your weapon to activate your generator). On console, it will attack with your generator until you build up enough resources to use your spender, and then switch back to your spender automatically, and back again. So you can just press and hold the two buttons you wanna use in reverse order, and the game will play how you would want it to, instead of having to press and release to switch. You can then concentrate on aim and positioning instead of resource management.

The Demon Hunter's Sentry ability helps clear out areas so fast...Me, the Follower (Enchantress right now), Companion (Spider), and 2 Spitfire Sentries makes for a good solo time

Thank you for mentioning this, I was curious as well, and won't have a PS4 until 9/9.

The Demon Hunter's Sentry ability helps clear out areas so fast...Me, the Follower (Enchantress right now), Companion (Spider), and 2 Spitfire Sentries makes for a good solo time

I'm a wizard and I play with a demon hunter. Sometimes we just let our hydra and sentry do all the work. I can put the controller down and go grab a drink from the fridge.

LCGeek

formerly sane

The puzzle ring is pretty good.

You pick up white or even grey based items and it actually will drop a decent amount of legendaries. As a starting item or something you're using to farm for more it's pretty damn good.

-PXG-

Just got to Act 2 last night. Level 33 Crusader. Tearing shit up on Expert like none one's business. I need a challenge.

Console Vanilla was already super awesome, my GOTY (except I only started playing it this year). This version may be even better, but really not that much better, so I find the enthusiasm in this thread a bit surprising (in a good way). How come the previous version wasn't this popular? It was already an incredibly good game. Is it the next gen versions? I must admit it does look quite a bit better on PS4 :)

Just got to Act 2 last night. Level 33 Crusader. Tearing shit up on Expert like none one's business. I need a challenge.

You're basically not even halfway through the tutorial :-D You'll get your challenge in time, don't worry :-D But yeah, this part of the game is a bit boring, although not nearly as bad as in vanilla, where you had to complete the campaign 3 times to begin the game. Levelling up to 70 is like 1% of the time you'll spend on the game if you really get into it :-D

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Fought a Nemesis. He fucked me.Had him at like 1/100 health and he killed me when I was at half health. Fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you.

Nemesis fights can be weird. I have killed several without much sweat, but occasionally I've taken on a couple that practically one-shot me. Most recently I was whittling one down with a mage from a distance, then he used Scorpion's chain to pull me close and I went from full health to death instantly. Felt really cheap, but maybe they were crazy powered up from killing a few heroes in a row.

Also fought one in co-op where we almost had it dead, and then another player joined in on top of us from town and was instantly killed when he warped in which was kind of funny. Sadly watched the Nemesis jump back into the portal powered-up to head to someone else and we couldn't do a thing.

How does that work? I've been trying to figure out how to play my PS4 via Vita online. Is there a setting I have to change?

make sure your PS4 is linked to your vita- have your PS4 hooked to the internet-have your vita in a wifi area/connected to the internet- connect to your ps4 and select 'remote play'

done- if you have a decent wifi signal it should be relatively smooth.

EDIT: and NO- nobody apparently sends gifts. I have sent out almost 30 in the last 2 days and received 2. :( people STILL dont get the fact that you manually send them via your inventory...:(

baconcow

Do some people just... not send gift legs? I haven't gotten one yet. I've sent out like 10 gifts, some people getting 2 or 3.

I am just starting Act V and I have obtained only one legendary that was meant for gifting (cannot remember, but it was someone here on GAF). However, I have received 4 (1 from someone on my friends list who I don't know, and 3 from my wife, because I am the only person on her friends list with D3). Add me (PSN: baconcow1812) to your friends list for an increased chance to get a gifted legendary. I plan on playing a lot.

Raxious

I'm totally new to Diablo games. I've got a couple of questions. I'm still in Act 1, and just
beat the Skeleton King and found the guy in the crater

What should I be doing with all the loot I don't want/need? Is it best to sell it or break it into components at the blacksmith or what?

Is it possible to see my D3 profile on battle.net? I've linked my PSN account already, but when I log into battle.net I can only see the profile for the free starter edition of D3 I downloaded last year.

My advice, sell all the loot till you start getting 60+ loot. Reason for this is the end gear items require 60+ mats. And you wanna start getting some money once you unlock the Mystic.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
RNG is a cruel mistress. I've sent somewhere between 10-15, and have gotten... 2 (and both from the same guy)

Yea, I've gone long periods without any mail. Then randomly last night I got 4 pieces of legendaries in my box at once.

I regularly send grey pieces of waistcloth personally to lucky Diablo GAF friends though. Gotta make sure everyone is wearing clean undies!

I don't think I've gotten any gift drops to send so far (although I haven't played a super large amount and am still low level). Where would they show up in my inventory?

I've had a blast playing this online with Gaffers, but it takes forever to add everyone. I think I've only gotten 20ish added so far. Had 2 monsters invade last night. Each killed us and moved on. It sucks if they kill one party member they take off.

Garryk

I'm kinda amazed at how many dungeons/books I've found on my first playthrough on console that I never found with any of my PC characters. I got black mushrooms as soon as I got to the Cathedral. :p

m@cross

Would someone kindly explain gifting to me? Last night I had about 10 mails from people, some legendary some ordinary.

Do I get specific drops that are gift items that I can send to people, or is it that I can give away some items instead of keeping them, or is it sometimes an item drops and randomly sends to a random friend....

make sure your PS4 is linked to your vita- have your PS4 hooked to the internet-have your vita in a wifi area/connected to the internet- connect to your ps4 and select 'remote play'

done- if you have a decent wifi signal it should be relatively smooth.

EDIT: and NO- nobody apparently sends gifts. I have sent out almost 30 in the last 2 days and received 2. :( people STILL dont get the fact that you manually send them via your inventory...:(

I have received more than I have had available to gift. One of the gifts I had to give was for the Nemesis I killed. I have only been granted 1 gift from a legendary drop I had. It sounds like you somehow have just had great luck with the gift drops. I promise I send out any that show up in my inventory. :)

Top Bottom