• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

theDeeDubs

I'm playing by myself... So I guess it would be me.

XB1? Achievements have been kind of wonky for a few weeks. They seem to pop eventually though. I've had delayed ones show up while I was in other apps or playing the game the next day or later that same day.

Got a pair of stinky pants from a GAF gift. They release a "stench" according to the item description when I get surrounded that does AoE poison. Got a laugh out of that one.

Decided to play a WD instead of Crusader for my HC run and started out on master. Should be interesting. They seem to start off a little weak, but he is melting stuff now. Really wish I could convert him to SC after I get the achievements.

JJD

I haven't sold an item since unlocking the Blacksmith...just salvage because you should be able to find more than enough gold just from playing for now

Ah that's what I was thinking!

Thanks!

I've still havens found a nemesis, and I have sent 3 gifts for random gaffers! Loving this game!

jaaz

Oh man, some awesome legendary weapon called Genzaniku dropped for me and I've been loving it for the last 5 levels. I even call my little guy Genzaniku when he spawns, which is all the time practically. But it's only a level 15 weapon and I am dreading the time when I may have to upgrade it and say goodbye to my friend!

DiabloIII_ReaperofSoulsndashUltimateEvilEditionEnglish_20140820215756.jpg

DiabloIII_ReaperofSoulsndashUltimateEvilEditionEnglish_20140820215833.jpg

Is there a way to upgrade Legendary weapons as we level up, or am I just better off equipping the next better one that drops for me? *tear*

Phased

Have my Wave Blue PS4 controller and this game coming today. I've held off on grabbing a second controller for this, simply because I wanted a colored one.

Looking forward to some great couch coop. It's scary how good this game worked on a PS3/Console in general, but it probably shouldn't surprise me since I still remember playing Diablo 1 with a friend on PS1.

Really looking forward to it on PS4.

Vorheez

Hey guys! Back with another question haha, hopefully someone can help me out.

First time playing Diablo and tonight will be my first attempt at couch co-op. If my friend has the game and a level 30 Crusader, is he able to access his account and use that specific character on my console? My assumption was just that he needed to link to battlenet.

First time playing Diablo and tonight will be my first attempt at couch co-op. If my friend has the game and a level 30 Crusader, is he able to access his account and use that specific character on my console? My assumption was just that he needed to link to battlenet.

Yeah, he needs to sign in using his PSN account. Just hook up a controller when your at the main menu, sign in, and away you go. Can both play on the same screen and even join up with other people using quick match if you want.

Jarrod38

I came across a quest where if you kill 100 monsters you get something special but I failed and only killed 98 monsters is there a way to retry it?

same thing with x1 if youre rocking that

I came across a quest where if you kill 100 monsters you get something special but I failed and only killed 98 monsters is there a way to retry it?

Cursed chest or a cursed shrine. They appear randomly throughout the game world. Just gotta find another one. If you kill 100 enemies, another chest appears as a reward.

Cutwolf

How does the level-scaling-when-playing-with-friends thing work?

1. Loot drops -- does loot drop at your actual level?

2. Is equipment you have some sort of "standard issue" for a certain level, or do you wear a higher level version of the quality item you have, or what?

stufte

Broke down and bought it last night. Powered through to level 20 before going to bed.

Man this game holds up REALLY well on console... I'd almost say its... better
?
than the PC version?

How does the level-scaling-when-playing-with-friends thing work?

1. Loot drops -- does loot drop at your actual level?

2. Is equipment you have some sort of "standard issue" for a certain level, or do you wear a higher level version of the quality item you have, or what?

1. Yes, all drops are tailored for your character at your current level, no matter where or who you play with.

2. Not quite sure I understand this question.

Gator86

Nemesis fights can be weird. I have killed several without much sweat, but occasionally I've taken on a couple that practically one-shot me. Most recently I was whittling one down with a mage from a distance, then he used Scorpion's chain to pull me close and I went from full health to death instantly. Felt really cheap, but maybe they were crazy powered up from killing a few heroes in a row.

Also fought one in co-op where we almost had it dead, and then another player joined in on top of us from town and was instantly killed when he warped in which was kind of funny. Sadly watched the Nemesis jump back into the portal powered-up to head to someone else and we couldn't do a thing.

Yeah, I've only encountered one nemesis creature so far, I think. It came out of the ground right in front of me, one shotted me from full health, then disappeared without me even getting a single attack off.

It should have been cool but just felt kind of cheap. I wonder how many people he had taken out before getting to me.

Cutwolf

1. Yes, all drops are tailored for your character at your current level, no matter where or who you play with.

2. Not quite sure I understand this question.

Re: 2 - when you get auto-scaled up, what equipment/items do you have on your character?

For example, if I'm a level 2 with a tattered chest and a cracked sash and a broken sword, what will I have if I play with my friend at level 70? Is there some standard issue equipment, or will I have the level 70 versions (see: crap) of what I'm actually wearing?

Is there a way to upgrade Legendary weapons as we level up, or am I just better off equipping the next better one that drops for me? *tear*

always upgrade- you are only level 16- becoming attached to any gear until you hit level 70 is fruitless. there are a ton of summon weapons/gear to use :)

I suggest:upgrading the jeweler as soon as possible: socketed items will always be good when you have a bunch of nice jems to plunk in them

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So I've unlocked a few equipment 'set' plans and when I check them out to craft, it's kind of strange that they are such low level. I mean to build the entire 'level 20' set of Cain's whatever, you need a grip of legendary crafting materials that randomly are earned from burning orange legendary gear. I finally now have enough to do the whole set, but I am level 45!

My other possible set is for level 30 characters. So WTF? With the blazing speed you level in this game, are set pieces just pointless? If I craft them, can I then transmogrify the visual look into current gear? Just kind of weird that whole part of the UEE transition got boned.

Re: 2 - when you get auto-scaled up, what equipment/items do you have on your character?

For example, if I'm a level 2 with a tattered chest and a cracked sash and a broken sword, what will I have if I play with my friend at level 70? Is there some standard issue equipment, or will I have the level 70 versions (see: crap) of what I'm actually wearing?

Oooh, gotcha. You wear the exact same gear, same access to skills.

The only thing that changes are your stats. They are boosted to match the level of whoever is the highest in your game. The lower level character also gets an EXP boost, not positive how much.

LkPr

Anyone else having trophies not unlock when playing co-op? Me and my buddy killed skeleton king last night and neither of us got a trophy...

EDIT: Online multiplayer, not couch

make sure your PS4 is linked to your vita- have your PS4 hooked to the internet-have your vita in a wifi area/connected to the internet- connect to your ps4 and select 'remote play'

done- if you have a decent wifi signal it should be relatively smooth.

EDIT: and NO- nobody apparently sends gifts. I have sent out almost 30 in the last 2 days and received 2. :( people STILL dont get the fact that you manually send them via your inventory...:(

Awesome thanks! Also as for sending gifts. Does it have to be done via the mail box? Also I'm pretty much lower level due to everyone having more play time compared to myself. Is it worth it to send items to folks with much higher levels?

Cutwolf

Oooh, gotcha. You wear the exact same gear, same access to skills.

The only thing that changes are your stats. They are boosted to match the level of whoever is the highest in your game. The lower level character also gets an EXP boost, not positive how much.

A level 21 with level 70 stats but wearing a level 21 legendary...seems kind of useless to the level 70 game. Am I missing something?

I'm happy to say that I enjoyed my time with Diablo 3 PS4 so far (Expert Crusader - Act1 - Lv19).

Playing with controller is surprisingly good, I'd say even better than Keyboard+Mouse.

In adventure mode are u supposed to spend those blood shard things with the merchant or keep them for something else?

And once I have enough fragments, am I supposed to open a rift straight away?

Sticking with the crusader for now but the legendary drops are not coming for me. I did not get a legendary drop until I beat Leoric and of course I got his crown. My weapons constantly suck and on expert it takes what seems like forever to beat creatures down. I'm level 16 now and if things don't get better by 20 I think I'm quitting and going back to my maxed out demon hunter for some rift action.

Am I just having bad luck?

A level 21 with level 70 stats but wearing a level 21 legendary...seems kind of useless to the level 70 game. Am I missing something?

It's a bit more transparent than it sounds. You certaintly won't be as strong as the level 70 but you can still help out. I haven't tried playing with such a disparity between levels (such as your example) but I've played on both ends, the lower level that's 10 or so levels behind and the one who's 10 levels above. It seemed like we were on a relatively even playing level.

Sticking with the crusader for now but the legendary drops are not coming for me. I did not get a legendary drop until I beat Leoric and of course I got his crown. My weapons constantly suck and on expert it takes what seems like forever to beat creatures down. I'm level 16 now and if things don't get better by 20 I think I'm quitting and going back to my maxed out demon hunter for some rift action.

There aren't a lot of low level legendaries. You'll be getting a lot soon.

So I've unlocked a few equipment 'set' plans and when I check them out to craft, it's kind of strange that they are such low level. I mean to build the entire 'level 20' set of Cain's whatever, you need a grip of legendary crafting materials that randomly are earned from burning orange legendary gear. I finally now have enough to do the whole set, but I am level 45!

My other possible set is for level 30 characters. So WTF? With the blazing speed you level in this game, are set pieces just pointless? If I craft them, can I then transmogrify the visual look into current gear? Just kind of weird that whole part of the UEE transition got boned.

I started a new character from scratch and have been upgrading my smithy from the start. My crusader is now about lvl 30 and my smithy is lvl 9. I have been able to craft 2 legendaries (shield and belt) and 2 out of 3 set pieces that are lvl 30. All of which were immediate upgrades to what I was using. I have also been salvaging every item I can't use anymore.

Are you not salvaging your old gear? It breaks my heart to salvage a legendary but it is what must be done.

johnhandy

Oh man, some awesome legendary weapon called Genzaniku dropped for me and I've been loving it for the last 5 levels. I even call my little guy Genzaniku when he spawns, which is all the time practically. But it's only a level 15 weapon and I am dreading the time when I may have to upgrade it and say goodbye to my friend!

You'll probably see it drop again in 5-10 levels with better stats. Upgraded stats leveling to 60 in vanilla was great, but seeing the same weapon model made it less interesting.

In adventure mode are u supposed to spend those blood shard things with the merchant or keep them for something else?

And once I have enough fragments, am I supposed to open a rift straight away?

The max blood shards you can hold are 500. The only place to spend them are at the Vendor named Kadala. It's a gambling of sorts.

You don't have to open any rifts if you don't want to (not sure why you wouldn't, though). It takes 5 fragments to open a rift, and they stack up to 100.

Petrie

Banned
For the newest page!

I need some friends to actually enjoy all this console special goodness. On PS$! PSN ID: PetriesLastWord

Add me! Please? Pretty please?

What difficulty are you playing at?

DiabloIII_ReaperofSoulsndashUltimateEvilEditionEnglish_20140820215756.jpg

DiabloIII_ReaperofSoulsndashUltimateEvilEditionEnglish_20140820215833.jpg

My Barb is 17 and I have the exact same weapon!! (except with stats tailored to my class)

Bro-fist_display_image.jpg

Brandon F

I started a new character from scratch and have been upgrading my smithy from the start. My crusader is now about lvl 30 and my smithy is lvl 9. I have been able to craft 2 legendaries (shield and belt) and 2 out of 3 set pieces that are lvl 30. All of which were immediate upgrades to what I was using. I have also been salvaging every item I can't use anymore.

Are you not salvaging your old gear? It breaks my heart to salvage a legendary but it is what must be done.

The mats aren't the problem, I'm talking about being 15-20 levels above what the sets offer. Even if I crafted a lvl 20 set, just kind of worried how quickly I outpace using them since you are in the '20's' range for like an hour given how fast you level. But what I was saying is that by the time I did get enough mats, I was level 44...just kind of a wash overall.

And yea, the orange legendary crafting items are pretty rare and in small supply, so there is a fear about wasting them too. Mostly looking for impressions from those creating lowbie sets.

The mats aren't the problem, I'm talking about being 15-20 levels above what the sets offer. Even if I crafted a lvl 20 set, just kind of worried how quickly I outpace using them since you are in the '20's' range for like an hour given how fast you level. But what I was saying is that by the time I did get enough mats, I was level 44...just kind of a wash overall.

And yea, the orange legendary crafting items are pretty rare and in small supply, so there is a fear about wasting them too. Mostly looking for impressions from those creating lowbie sets.

Yeah, this is the issue I can see as well. I got the Cain's set (5 peices) and they cost a lot to make but the set bonus is 30% exp boost. I imagine if I have a decent/amazing weapon to use, I should be able to keep that set from 20-40 but I'll have to give it a shot and see.

Brandon F

How do you craft legendaries at the blacksmith?

Legendary blacksmith plans drop randomly in the world, just use them in your bag and the blacksmith is automatically taught the recipe. These include 'green' set plans which allow you to create entire sets of gear with bonuses for equipping each part.

LCGeek

formerly sane

Crusader doesn't pay off till you hit lvl 30 or 40 imo. Early game he is one of the worst cause he really needs items and cdr.

Brandon F

Yeah, this is the issue I can see as well. I got the Cain's set (5 peices) and they cost a lot to make but the set bonus is 30% exp boost. I imagine if I have a decent/amazing weapon to use, I should be able to keep that set from 20-40 but I'll have to give it a shot and see.

Yep, that Cain set specifically is what I wanted to make. I am also wondering the visual look is transmogrifiable for set pieces like the legendaries you find.

I see what you are saying. If you do choose to craft these things they would still be helpful for your other characters as you level them up. It does suck when your gear you craft isn't good enough to be used at the time it is crafted.

I would probably skip crafting them until they would be useful for an alt character.

The max blood shards you can hold are 500. The only place to spend them are at the Vendor named Kadala. It's a gambling of sorts.

You don't have to open any rifts if you don't want to (not sure why you wouldn't, though). It takes 5 fragments to open a rift, and they stack up to 100.
Just because it might be better to do with a mate than by myself that's all.

I traded 5 shards for a belt and it was dogshit.

Top Bottom