• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon World: -Next Order- |OT| Back To The Digital World We Go...

Played about 10 minutes before I got sad.

Until Amazon Canada finally decides I should get my preorder DLC I just don't have the drive to play the game :(

I loved it on Vita and the 10 minutes I played looked amazing compared to that version.
Sad? The pre-order dlc isn't needed , it's just a cache of healing&raising items to help you get started and an evolution item for omnimon who you can still get through DNA digivolution . You can also get the evolution item in game. So basically, it's not something which locks you out of content like with Cyber Sleuth.

No doubt they're tough, they're ultimates. But that is also why they drop so much money. I spent a few days there grinding for money in chapter 2.

You can get a ton of money via the stock market, haven't run out of money once in this game(other than when I put it all into the stock market, but even then I have plenty of items to sell) o_O.

You can get a ton of money via the stock market, haven't run out of money once in this game(other than when I put it all into the stock market, but even then I have plenty of items to sell) o_O.
I don't think you can unlock the stock market until later into chapter 2 though, right?

You can definitely make a ton of cash once you have it upgraded.

sensui-tomo

Metaletamon
having their original voice is the best thing to happen in this game, I was surprised they got him.

I don't think you can unlock the stock market until later into chapter 2 though, right?

You can definitely make a ton of cash once you have it upgraded.

I've completely ignored it so far (besides raising it to level 2) but I'll look into it now. I'm broke because I spent all of my Bits on the level 3 strength training upgrade.

Getting a little frustrated with how many Digimon I can't beat right now. I'm on gen 3 right now and I feel like I'll have to wait two more gens to beat Vikemon, Omnishoutmon, Gumdramon's evolution (forgot his name), Bancholeomon and Blackgreymon & Blackgarurumon (beat the first two but when they digivolved I got destroyed). There's also Paildramon but I think I can beat him with a little more training.

Kouriozan

I think I'm right before the final boss and oh boy those 2 Digimons hit like crazy, even with 7k stamina they hit me for 10k damage easily.

I've completely ignored it so far (besides raising it to level 2) but I'll look into it now. I'm broke because I spent all of my Bits on the level 3 strength training upgrade.

Getting a little frustrated with how many Digimon I can't beat right now. I'm on gen 3 right now and I feel like I'll have to wait two more gens to beat Vikemon, Omnishoutmon, Gumdramon's evolution (forgot his name), Bancholeomon and Blackgreymon & Blackgarurumon (beat the first two but when they digivolved I got destroyed). There's also Paildramon but I think I can beat him with a little more training.
Those megas you mentioned are definitely late game level. Don't feel bad about them kicking your ass, they are suppose to be OP lol. If you're really determined and want to save scum until you pull off the ExE, it is doable though.

Bancholeomon and Paildramon are the important ones you want to get if you're looking to prioritize.
Recruited Etemon who opens up the stock market in early chapter 2 if I recall correctly.
You are correct. I don't think I actually unlock him until chapter 3 because I missed his spot in the overworld.

Pau

You cannot directly check how many victories they have but you can check whether they reached the requirement by checking in the digimon's history. If they reached the requirement then it will be highlighted there though the victory condition itself need to be unlocked in its history.

That said, the best way is to keep count manually yourself.

haven't seen anything about it. it's probably one of the many things the game keeps hidden from you
Thanks you two. Guess I won't worry too much about it for now since I'm still pretty early in the game and okay with not getting specific Digimon.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Played for about an hour - hate the combat in this but like that it's light on the story, where as I enjoyed the combat in Cyber Sleuth but loathe the amount of story in that. There's no winning for me.

Think I'm gonna sell it and pick it up for Vita down the line. I feel like this kind of game would work much better portable.

Played for about an hour - hate the combat in this but like that it's light on the story, where as I enjoyed the combat in Cyber Sleuth but loathe the amount of story in that. There's no winning for me.

Think I'm gonna sell it and pick it up for Vita down the line. I feel like this kind of game would work much better portable.

It isn't available in English on Vita & the performance+graphics are a pretty big downgrade.

The vita version is hugely inferior and never got a Western release.

Sealtest

Sad? The pre-order dlc isn't needed , it's just a cache of healing&raising items to help you get started and an evolution item for omnimon who you can still get through DNA digivolution . You can also get the evolution item in game. So basically, it's not something which locks you out of content like with Cyber Sleuth.
I understand that but having to argue with amazon multiple times with the hopes they might send me the dlc is annoying.

If the DLC was like cyber sleuths missions, black agumon/gabumon I'd be more upset.

RockmanBN

Luckily the pre order DLC was optional stuff. It only brings a starter pack that helps with beginning the game and an item to digivolve to Omegamon. Though there's no worry since Omegamon's not locked to any DLC.

sensui-tomo

Hoping to get a dub cast credits at the end of the game, liking that they some oldies returned for this game, Takato (digimon Tamers? season 3) voices a digimon you see at one point. Wonder if they got Steve Blum as anyone in here or anyone else from the D1/2 cast

Hoping to get a dub cast credits at the end of the game, liking that they some oldies returned for this game, Takato (digimon Tamers? season 3) voices a digimon you see at one point. Wonder if they got Steve Blum as anyone in here or anyone else from the D1/2 cast
When I heard Taomon's voice, I marked the fuck out.

When am I able to transfer life between my Digimon? Because I couldn't digivolve my Aeroveedramon I now have a Mega and a Champion. By the time my Mega dies there'll be at least a 6 day difference between my Digimon.

MongKey

What's a quick way to raise discipline?

Edit: FUCK my Aeroveedramon died because all of his evolutions have ridiculous requirements.
Feeding them vegetable type food increases discipline such as the one that Togemon and Kuwagamon gives out. Some meals in the restaurant also increases discipline.

When am I able to transfer life between my Digimon? Because I couldn't digivolve my Aeroveedramon I now have a Mega and a Champion. By the time my Mega dies there'll be at least a 6 day difference between my Digimon.
You'll be able to transfer life when you recruited MarineAngemon from Mod Ship 3. She's located inside the hospital in the city and can transfer once per day.

sensui-tomo

I switched to Japanese with subtitles midway through chapter 2. What did I miss?

300px-MetalEtemonDA.JPG

He has his original english and japanese voice from the anime.

First talk to MarineAngemon in server desert at the oasis, it will then move to MOD Cape. Go talk to it there and do its quest, it will join the city and can be found at the hospital.

What's a quick way to raise discipline?

Edit: FUCK my Aeroveedramon died because all of his evolutions have ridiculous requirements.

Fish all drop discipline when fed to a digimon. I haven't really found a way to quickly get Discipline down.

---

I've finished the main story with a team of Seraphimon and Bancholeomon.

Currently I have Mastemon and Lillithmon. Lillithmon is actually noticeably stronger because it was forced back down to champion after the jogress and got to enjoy a lot of catch-up bonuses.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Just started, so quick question. When training in the begining should I focus on HP/MP

Also what are the recommended first trainer skills?

AlanOC91

Zwart D
still destroying me in
Myotismon's mansion

Both my new Megas have around 32k HP and around 4400 Stamina each yet he still hits for like 8-12k per hit (that's AFTER I throw a defense plugin to each of my mon's) and man he attacks fast, he doesn't wait around. Such a difficult brick wall I've been coming up against lately....

MongKey

Just started, so quick question. When training in the begining should I focus on HP/MP

Also what are the recommended first trainer skills?
Check on your digimon's digichart by accessing the history in the partner menu. It will list off all the possible evolution and requirements to reach them which is already unlocked for In Training evolving to Rookies. Train on the stats to reach the requirements of your desired Rookie first and train HP/MP afterwards; ~1.5k HP should be decent enough to start.

If you find the first areas hard with your Rookies then it's advisable to evolve them to Champions first to make it easier.

As for tamer skills; HP/MP walkers and Defend are decent choices early on when you don't have many resources to use. While Reverse skills helps in making future generation starts stronger.

Talk to Koromon in Jijimon's house everyday to get free items such as Recovery Disks. Also, I'm curious what difficulty you are playing the game in.

Zwart D
still destroying me in
Myotismon's mansion

Both my new Megas have around 32k HP and around 4400 Stamina each yet he still hits for like 8-12k per hit (that's AFTER I throw a defense plugin to each of my mon's) and man he attacks fast, he doesn't wait around. Such a difficult brick wall I've been coming up against lately....
Yeah, that fight is pretty crazy without ExE. Were you unable to get any automatic ExE after being defeated? That's pretty unlucky if so.

Do you have a level 4 Item Shop? They sell Super Recovery Disk that heal 20k HP. Should help keep your digimons alive long enough to gain 150 OPs for a manual ExE.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Check on your digimon's digichart by accessing the history in the partner menu. It will list off all the possible evolution and requirements to reach them which is already unlocked for In Training evolving to Rookies. Train on the stats to reach the requirements of your desired Rookie first and train HP/MP afterwards; ~1.5k HP should be decent enough to start.

If you find the first areas hard with your Rookies then it's advisable to evolve them to Champions first to make it easier.

As for tamer skills; HP/MP walkers and Defend are decent choices early on when you don't have many resources to use. While Reverse skills helps in making future generation starts stronger.

Talk to Koromon in Jijimon's house everyday to get free items such as Recovery Disks. Also, I'm curious what difficulty you are playing the game in.

Normal, played Cyber on hard

Damn you guys weren't kidding about the Stock Market being good money. Going to make paying for the rest of the training gym's upgrades so much easier.

Got MarineAngemon to join as well as a few other things at Nex Machina. Actually struggled a little with Sukamon because one of my Digimon was still Champion level, and I didn't bother to try Nanimon yet. Can't figure out how to get the Toyagumon to join me though. After I got MarineAngemon I transferred life the wrong way the first time X_X.

Current team right now is MegaGargomon and Seadramon. I got the last Reverse Type upgrade before my BanchoLeomon died so my Seadramon will end up stronger than MegaGargomon (only had 3 when AeroVeedramon died).

MongKey

Normal, played Cyber on hard
I see. For your information, there's actually virtually no difference between Easy and Normal except for the stats gained during training. Easy gain stats a lot more than Normal. Enemies hits as hard in both difficulty although the extra stats gain in Easy should help in making it a little bit easier; for both battles and grinding evolutions which will help you explore more rather than training.

So if you find that it's getting tedious training them then don't hesitate to change the difficulty by talking with Punimon in Jijimon's house.

For me, I see Easy as Normal and Normal as Hard. They really amped up the difficulty for the game compared to previous entries.

Got MarineAngemon to join as well as a few other things at Nex Machina. Actually struggled a little with Sukamon because one of my Digimon was still Champion level, and I didn't bother to try Nanimon yet. Can't figure out how to get the Toyagumon to join me though.
The ToyAgumons at Ex Machina Sewers doesn't join the city. They give you items when you finish their little story which can be replayed though the exact way to finish it is a mystery for me since I only got lucky the first time.

AlanOC91

Yeah, that fight is pretty crazy without ExE. Were you unable to get any automatic ExE after being defeated? That's pretty unlucky if so.

Do you have a level 4 Item Shop? They sell Super Recovery Disk that heal 20k HP. Should help keep your digimons alive long enough to gain 150 OPs for a manual ExE.

Level 2 item shop only :-/ Need to make that my next priority for upgrades.

As for auto eXe, no joy over the course of ~7 fights with him. Now I can't confirm this but it's a theory, do you need at least 150 OP on each Mon for an automatic eXe on death? It really feels like it but I need to test further.

MongKey

Level 2 item shop only :-/ Need to make that my next priority for upgrades.

As for auto eXe, no joy over the course of ~7 fights with him. Now I can't confirm this but it's a theory, do you need at least 150 OP on each Mon for an automatic eXe on death? It really feels like it but I need to test further.
You don't need OPs actually; I had battles where my digimons only lasted a second and still ExE.

Does your bonds and DigiFriend value at 100? If you do then that mean you are just unlucky since it's completely random.

Also what Megas do you have currently?

The ToyAgumons at Ex Machina Sewers doesn't join the city. They give you items when you finish their little story which can be replayed though the exact way to finish it is a mystery for me since I only got lucky the first time.

Oh, meh that was a lot of time wasted.

I'll probably just train at the gym for awhile until my Seadramon digivolves before I try progressing more. I think right now I just have to recruit more Digimon. Just beat SkullGreymon at MOD Cape.

MongKey

Oh, meh that was a lot of time wasted.

I'll probably just train at the gym for awhile until my Seadramon digivolves before I try progressing more. I think right now I just have to recruit more Digimon. Just beat SkullGreymon at MOD Cape.
Yup, keep recruiting. You'll get an email when you have enough prosperity.

AlanOC91

You don't need OPs actually; I had battles where my digimons only lasted a second and still ExE.

Does your bonds and DigiFriend value at 100? If you do then that mean you are just unlucky since it's completely random.

Also what Megas do you have currently?

Yep Bonds is at 100 and I think DigiFriend is around 95 at the moment.

Currently rocking Boltmon and WarGrowlmon (forgot one was still an Ultimate, he's a day younger).

MongKey

Yep Bonds is at 100 and I think DigiFriend is around 95 at the moment.

Currently rocking Boltmon and WarGrowlmon (forgot one was still an Ultimate, he's a day younger).
Shouldn't have any problems with ExE then since all the requirements checks out. Maybe you could spend some time finding materials to upgrade the item shop and try again when you have their DigiFriend at 100. The GoldVeedramon at Server Tower can raise DigiFriend level once per day. Auto ExE might need all of them at 100, not sure.

Lagamorph

What the hell at that MOD Cape fight?!

Went in with an Ultimate and a Mega (MirageGaogamon and Taomon (Silver)) and barely managed to beat the two rookies...Oh but then you have to do the exact same fight over again whilst they get fully healed but you don't. Who thought this was good design?

Kouriozan

Went in with an Ultimate and a Mega (MirageGaogamon and Taomon (Silver)) and barely managed to beat the two rookies...Oh but then you have to do the exact same fight over again whilst they get fully healed but you don't. Who thought this was good design?
Good thing you didn't see the following 3rd fight x)

Lagamorph

Good thing you didn't see the following 3rd fight x)
Oh god...

I'm also a bit stuck on who I can recruit.

Botamon has told me about an Agumon, but the entrance to the area is blocked by MachLeomon.
He's told me about a polite Digimon deep in a cave in Nigh Plains but I can't find any cave.
And he's told me about a Digimon on a bridge in Mod cape who loves fishing, but Black Agumon/Gatomon make that area inaccessible.

I've recruited Hackmon and Angemon.

Who else could I have missed that I need to progress past Chapter 1?

MongKey

Those two are part of a quest chain that extend until the late (? maybe post) game though they are still stupidly powerful for a pair of Rookies. Challenge them again with a pair of Megas and a bunch of Recovery Disks; they should be easier then.

MongKey

Oh god...

Botamon has told me about an Agumon, but the entrance to the area is blocked by MachLeomon.
He's told me about a polite Digimon deep in a cave in Nigh Plains but I can't find any cave.
And he's told me about a Digimon on a bridge in Mod cape who loves fishing, but Black Agumon/Gatomon make that area inaccessible.

Does GrapLeomon tell you to find Gargomon for oil to fix his gear?

The Cave Entrance in Nigh Plains is located right before Mod Cape. Have you recruited Renamon there?

The Mod Cape is completely accessible without fighting the pair. Just don't talk to them :p Seadramon is located at Mod Ship 1 along the wooden bridge area.

Lagamorph

Does GrapLeomon tell you to find Gargomon for oil to fix his gear?

The Cave Entrance in Nigh Plains is located right before Mod Cape. Have you recruited Renamon there?

The Mod Cape is completely accessible without fighting the pair. Just don't talk to them :p Seadramon is located at Mod Ship 1 along the wooden bridge area.
Leomon just tells me he's too busy training, no mention of his gears or Gargomon.

I've found the cave entrance, but Botamon was implying there was an actual cave. I haven't recruited Renamon as she wants a Digicarp, but whenever I try fishing at either spot in Vast Plains nothing ever bites. I only have a normal lure and the rod Wormon makes, haven't seen any mention in the game of how to acquire other lures/rods.

I'll try MOD cape again, the first time I went there they immediately challenged me with no option to back down, so I assumed that's what they'd do every time I entered the area.

Oh god...

You don't need to fight black agumon & gabumon (assuming that's who you meant since there's no fightable blackgatomon in mod), seadramon is in the area straight ahead of you from the entrance of mod.

MongKey

Leomon just tells me he's too busy training, no mention of his gears or Gargomon.

I've found the cave entrance, but Botamon was implying there was an actual cave. I haven't recruited Renamon as she wants a Digicarp, but whenever I try fishing at either spot in Vast Plains nothing ever bites. I only have a normal lure and the rod Wormon makes, haven't seen any mention in the game of how to acquire other lures/rods.

I'll try MOD cape again, the first time I went there they immediately challenged me with no option to back down, so I assumed that's what they'd do every time I entered the area.
There no actual Cave in Nigh Plains so chances are Botamon meant Renamon and its a mistranslation about the cave.

The Digicarp is a rare fish that can be fished at the bridge near the waterfall and toilet. You just have to keep trying until you get it. Recruiting Renamon should let you continue the story, if not then Seadramon as well. Seadramon also asks for fishes and they all can be captured at the same spot.

AlanOC91

What do you guys think about the area design in general? While I absolutely love the game (have about 40 hours in it so far, it's easily one of my favorite games for the last few years), I feel some of the areas are inferior to DW1.

I don't know if it's the camera perspective or what but I miss stuff like Drill Tunnel, Toy Town, Tropical Jungle, Grey Lord's Mansion, etc.

The areas that have felt awesome so far would be Logic Volcano and Bony Resort. The rest felt a tad shallow with not much eye candy in them.

Lagamorph

There no actual Cave in Nigh Plains so chances are Botamon meant Renamon and its a mistranslation about the cave.

The Digicarp is a rare fish that can be fished at the bridge near the waterfall and toilet. You just have to keep trying until you get it. Recruiting Renamon should let you continue the story, if not then Seadramon as well. Seadramon also asks for fishes and they all can be captured at the same spot.
All I seem to be catching at both the bridge and the spot by Seadramon is Digifry.

Ugh, my universal hate of fishing mini-games in RPGs continues.

EDIT - NOOOOOOO! I caught a Digicarp but didn't realise my inventory was full. Unlike battles where it asks what you want to discard though, it just automatically releases the bloody fish I wanted.

MongKey

All I seem to be catching at both the bridge and the spot by Seadramon is Digifry.

Ugh, my universal hate of fishing mini-games in RPGs continues.
Digifry is indeed extremely common. You just need to keep on trying at same spot, the fishes you want will bite eventually. Spent a good evening in game to catch the fishes myself.

EDIT - NOOOOOOO! I caught a Digicarp but didn't realise my inventory was full. Unlike battles where it asks what you want to discard though, it just automatically releases the bloody fish I wanted.
Ah, that's harsh. The one time the game doesn't ask and it's there.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
What area in the game is tropical? Doumon wants me to find some red flowers from a tropical area---Bony Resort? Haven't go there yet but it sounds tropical.

Same thing happened to me---Botamon told me about Agumon, but you can't get him till Chapter 2. At that point Grapleomon will give you a quest. So don't worry.

By the way I haven't got all of Seadramon's fish, but at Mod Cape the wild Seadramon and Saberdramon actually drop fish sometimes when you beat them in battle. I got a DigiCrucian from one. I still need Digikoi...

MongKey

What area in the game is tropical? Doumon wants me to find some red flowers from a tropical area---Bony Resort? Haven't go there yet but it sounds tropical.

Same thing happened to me---Botamon told me about Agumon, but you can't get him till Chapter 2. At that point Grapleomon will give you a quest. So don't worry.

By the way I haven't got all of Seadramon's fish, but at Mod Cape the wild Seadramon and Saberdramon actually drop fish sometimes when you beat them in battle. I got a DigiCrucian from one. I still need Digikoi...
Red flowers? Is it called Coriander?

If it is then it rarely spawn in deeper parts of Logic Volcano and in Server Desert; specifically at the side of the path in Tower Road and Step Step. You need to search for a red colored grass.

As for DigiKoi, I caught mine on the bridge near the waterfall in Nigh Plains. It's just super rare to get one.

Top Bottom