• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon World: -Next Order- |OT| Back To The Digital World We Go...

sensui-tomo

My second gen died last night, there block was the
skullgreymon fight
then got my third gen, one became that dragon from cyber slueth and the other became magnamon. I can't wait till 4th gen to see that power boost.
Both my second and third gen have the same exe fusion. Susanoomon.

I'm convinced :) I'm definitely gonna go Champion first before proceeding. Thanks so much for the helpful advice!! :)

The way it generally works is you want your Digimon to be one evolution above anything you're fighting (except for Numemon because those are easy). After chapter 1 though you're going to want Megas to make decent progress.

The way it generally works is you want your Digimon to be one evolution above anything you're fighting (except for Numemon because those are easy). After chapter 1 though you're going to want Megas to make decent progress.

Wait.. Megas after chapter 1?? That soon? How many chapters are in this game? LOL

Wait.. Megas after chapter 1?? That soon? How many chapters are in this game? LOL
Your power level is more dependant upon the number of generations than it is the digivolution.

One Gen 5 Mega could easily be as strong as your Gen 2 ExE

As for the chapters, I think there are
5 chapters plus postgame. I'm currently on chapter 4.

Croc

Banned
How exactly does timing for digivolution work? Like, if I check the Dojo and it says "fix", why hasn't that digimon actually evolved yet? My DemiDevimon has all the requirements but still hasn't digivolved yet.

Kind of at an awkward spot where I don't want to try progressing until my Digimon die but I don't know how much longer that'll be. Got the 3rd reverse type upgrade so my next Digimon should end up a lot stronger. Still working on upgrades at my city. About to get Jijimon's house to level 2, and then I'm going to get my farm to level 4.

How exactly does timing for digivolution work? Like, if I check the Dojo and it says "fix", why hasn't that digimon actually evolved yet? My DemiDevimon has all the requirements but still hasn't digivolved yet.

Fix only autoevolves the fifth stage to the sixth. The others depend on how old your digimon is

MongKey

Fix only meant that they have reached all the requirements needed for them to evolve with 100% certainty. They will still need to wait until the appropriate age to evolve; earliest being Champions at ~3, Ultimates at ~7 and Megas at ~11. While L, M and H meant that the digimons have a chance to evolve but might not because you only reached some of the requirements with H having the highest chance.

im excited to see some let's plays of this game. This, like the original, seems like a game that would infuriate me to actually play, but I enjoy watching and find strangely fascinating.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Kind of at an awkward spot where I don't want to try progressing until my Digimon die but I don't know how much longer that'll be. Got the 3rd reverse type upgrade so my next Digimon should end up a lot stronger. Still working on upgrades at my city. About to get Jijimon's house to level 2, and then I'm going to get my farm to level 4.

Does JiJimon's house reverse? That confused me, Veemon says something about the Square upgrades only lasting for a month but I don't know if that's everything in the square (house, Sender, Storage) or just the one labeled "Square".

Does JiJimon's house reverse? That confused me, Veemon says something about the Square upgrades only lasting for a month but I don't know if that's everything in the square (house, Sender, Storage) or just the one labeled "Square".

That's my main worry about upgrading right now. My hope is it only effects a few buildings and it only reduces the level by one.

Croc

Banned
That's my main worry about upgrading right now. My hope is it only effects a few buildings and it only reduces the level by one.

I believe it's only specifically the square option. I've been upgrading everything else in the square and nothing has ever gone down.

RockmanBN

Got my first two Mega's right at the end of Chapter 1. Vikemon and Gankoomon. This is my 3rd generation and it's very difficult to fight Ultimate levels. Might need another generation.

Is Imperialdramon FM attainable as a non-ExE partner? I have Dragon Mode but it doesn't look like there is an option to change forms like in Cyber Sleuth.

I believe it's only specifically the square option. I've been upgrading everything else in the square and nothing has ever gone down.

Good. That makes me feel a lot better.

Edit: Both of my MirageGaogamon just died. They had nearly identical stats but when reincarnated one had 2k more hp while the other had 2k more mp. Now have a Renamon and a Veemon.

MongKey

Is Imperialdramon FM attainable as a non-ExE partner? I have Dragon Mode but it doesn't look like there is an option to change forms like in Cyber Sleuth.
From the evolution guide, you need to DNA evolve it to let it become Imperialdramon FM.

Imperialdramon DM + HerculesKabuterimon or Rosemon = Imperialdramon FM
Imperialdramon DM + Magnamon = Imperialdramon PM

Source under the DNA evolutions tab:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...iZkr08sV_nmaHY/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true#

Try talking to Paildramon in the dojo to see if you can DNA digivolve him. If your Digivolution Dojo is at level 3 then you can DNA evolve without a partner granted that you have recruited the necessary digimons.

MongKey

Cool, I was able to do it right away. Thank you for the info! I never would have guessed it would be another DNA digivolution.
Yup, I was surprised as well. I just wandered to the DNA tab since I didn't find FM in the normal evolution tab and it's just there. Bizarre choice of DNA partners although they are easily recruited early on.

It's dumb that when you digivolve into something you don't learn all of the requirements for it. I have a Veedramon right now and still only know about half of the requirements for MachGaogamon despite just having one.

MongKey

It's dumb that when you digivolve into something you don't learn all of the requirements for it. I have a Veedramon right now and still only know about half of the requirements for MachGaogamon despite just having one.
I wish they unlock the requirements upon evolution as well but this is the first time they allow the players to learn evolution requirements themselves in game if I'm not mistaken. In the first Digimon World and Re:Digitize, we are all on the mercy of the unknown unless a guide is used so a step forward which will hopefully be expanded upon in future World games.

Tip: Antylamon in the Digivolution Dojo can unlock a random evolution requirement for one of your partners in exchange for one evolution item. Leomon sells them for 1k in the item shop.

I wish they unlock the requirements upon evolution as well but this is the first time they allow the players to learn evolution requirements themselves in game if I'm not mistaken. In the first Digimon World and Re:Digitize, we are all on the mercy of the unknown unless a guide is used so a step forward which will hopefully be expanded upon in future World games.

Tip: Antylamon in the Digivolution Dojo can unlock a random evolution requirement for one of your partners in exchange for one evolution item. Leomon sells them for 1k in the item shop.

I haven't gotten Antylamon yet. I've talked to her but I haven't finished her quest yet. Had my Digimon die recently and I just got them back to Ultimate. Also just finished all of the meat requirements in the area.

I was going to hold off on playing this for awhile until I got a little farther into my backlog but I decided that I just couldn't wait. Haven't gotten anywhere in the game yet but holy shit is the female player character's design just awful. Just what the heck is going on with that skirt thing that's also apparently giving her a wedgie? I mean, I had issues with the Cyber Sleuth FemC with her vacuumed on clothing and odd posture, but I'd take that over this any day. Oh well, it shouldn't affect my enjoyment of the gameplay at least, but this is legit one of the worst FemC character designs I've ever seen.

Edit: Oh man, all those nostalgic sound effects and music. I never thought that I'd one day play a new Digimon game that's just like the original Digimon World.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Edit: Oh man, all those nostalgic sound effects and music. I never thought that I'd one day play a new Digimon game that's just like the original Digimon World.

Whenever I hear the bell and the victory music upon winning a fight I wanna yell "YATTA!" like the original. Best piece of nostalgia right there.

Some of the sound effects are used kinda weirdly.

Aeroveedramon has some generic monster sound effects for most part, but his Signature Move has classic Metalgreymon sound effect when using it.

Pau

Is there anywhere I can check the number of victories for each partner? Doesn't seem to be in the status screen.

Okay I just cant handle this mistake, why is Marineangemon VIRUS type. The cute pink thingie should not be evil virus even if it was beast in Cyber Sleuth lol.

Also Boltmon is Virus type instead of Data. Its the small details that bother me sometimes.

Lagamorph

Finally beat that Machinedramon in Dead End Village by just defending with one Digimon all battle

Good thing I won when I did too since both my Digimon died of age almost immediately afterwards.

MongKey

Is there anywhere I can check the number of victories for each partner? Doesn't seem to be in the status screen.
You cannot directly check how many victories they have but you can check whether they reached the requirement by checking in the digimon's history. If they reached the requirement then it will be highlighted there though the victory condition itself need to be unlocked in its history.

That said, the best way is to keep count manually yourself.

I had my first Mega like 5 hours in, haha.

Yeah I'm just realizing now that it's a lot faster than I thought LOL! I played for just a couple hours last night and I already have my first ultimates hahahah. Ladydevimon and Lillymon! I think I'm starting to get the basics of it and I'm totally getting into the game now!
Thanks for all the advice :) It's starting to click now! :p

How is this game compared to Cyber Sleuth? I know it isn't the same formula but I'm wondering if I should jump in on it.

It's very, very different from Cyber Sleuth in a lot of ways! But it's still pretty damn fun. I don't know if you played Digimon World 1 back in the day, but it's really similar to that.

MongKey

Finally beat that Machinedramon in Dead End Village by just defending with one Digimon all battle

Good thing I won when I did too since both my Digimon died of age almost immediately afterwards.
Congrats man, glad you made it through. The game world will open up exponentially from here on out.

Lagamorph

Congrats man, glad you made it through. The game world will open up exponentially from here on out.

This is good because of getting a bigger game world, but bad because the Sender for fast travel is so ridiculously expensive.
I struggle with money in this game all the time, I've only managed to upgrade two pieces of training equipment, and now I've barely got 1,000 bits left.

Am I doing something wrong or does money not really start flowing in until later in the game? I am still on Chapter 1 so I suppose it might just be a case of having to wait.

drac96

I believe I am at the final boss and getting stomped into the ground.

Omeganon Zwart is the boss in question. There might be more but this seems like a final battle. It's extra rough because the dialogue beforehand makes it take forever to get back into the fight.

He's doing between 10k and 16k a hit to my Digimon with 30k HP. So I die in like 3 hits unless I defend up a storm. My strength and stamina are around 7k, which I thought would be high enough but apparently not. Speed, and Wisdom are around 3k. Yikes... Gonna have to go to a new generation and see if I have more luck.

On a different note, is there a way to manually ExE digivolve? It happens randomly upon death, but I'd rather just do it beforehand. Can I?

I believe I am at the final boss and getting stomped into the ground.

Omeganon Zwart is the boss in question. There might be more but this seems like a final battle. It's extra rough because the dialogue beforehand makes it take forever to get back into the fight.

He's doing between 10k and 16k a hit to my Digimon with 30k HP. So I die in like 3 hits unless I defend up a storm. My strength and stamina are around 7k, which I thought would be high enough but apparently not. Speed, and Wisdom are around 3k. Yikes... Gonna have to go to a new generation and see if I have more luck.

On a different note, is there a way to manually ExE digivolve? It happens randomly upon death, but I'd rather just do it beforehand. Can I?

Hold L1+R1 , you need 150 OP on both Digimon first though.

How is this game compared to Cyber Sleuth? I know it isn't the same formula but I'm wondering if I should jump in on it.
I think Cyber Sleuth is more accessible but both are good for different reasons. I've watched bits and pieces of LPs for the vita game and the PS4 version is much improved. Just keep in mind Next Order is very, VERY methodical and I could see it rubbing some players the wrong way. The training aspects aren't for everyone. The grind is real.

I played a lot of Digimon World 1, Digimon World 3 and Digimon World DS. Leaving nostalgia at the door, I think it is safe to say Cyber Sleuth and Next Order are the two best digimon games ever.

drac96

Hold L1+R1 , you need 150 OP on both Digimon first though.

Wow, thank you so much! I can't believe I could have been doing it all this time manually haha. Does it say this somewhere in game that I skipped over, or is it in the manual (Which I should have looked at)?

MongKey

It's completely different from Cyber Sleuth since its more of a pet training sim than an rpg. The main gameplay loop being; train->evolve->explore->death->train->repeat. There will be a lot of repetition especially when training the digimons and a lot of patience is required to thrive in the game.

Try watching some videos or streams to get some grasp of the gameplay loop to see if it's right for you. If you do decide to jump on it then be mindful that the early parts is the hardest by far so you shouldn't be discouraged by it and keep on going with the game.

This is good because of getting a bigger game world, but bad because the Sender for fast travel is so ridiculously expensive.
I struggle with money in this game all the time, I've only managed to upgrade two pieces of training equipment, and now I've barely got 1,000 bits left.

Am I doing something wrong or does money not really start flowing in until later in the game? I am still on Chapter 1 so I suppose it might just be a case of having to wait.
Money is indeed tight early game since the majority of enemies you fight are Rookies that drop miniscule amount of bits. As you continue the game, the Champion and Ultimate level enemies will drop a lot more bits compared to the Rookies and recruitment fights usually yield a ton of bits. You'll be swimming in bits the farther into the game you are since more enemies are Champions rather than Rookies.

Wow, thank you so much! I can't believe I could have been doing it all this time manually haha. Does it say this somewhere in game that I skipped over, or is it in the manual (Which I should have looked at)?

Right at the very start lol, it even makes you go through it to get omnimon lol

Theswweet

For someone who has played the Vita version of this when it released last March in Japan, does the PS4 release fix enough of the problems of the Vita version to make it worth playing this time around? If so, I might just sell my Vita copy on eBay or something and then grab a PS4 copy.

Yeah, you're still early. You get decent money from battles later on.

There are lvl 8 Meteormon in the first area of Logic Volcano that drop good money once you're able to take them on. Just keep in mind they can be very tough if you're still on first generation.

MongKey

It was introduced in the opening tutorial section of the game which goes so fast it's likely to be forgotten (I did lol).

Be mindful as the manual ExE can only be used once per day although the afterdeath ExE can be used anytime.

Piers

I think Cyber Sleuth is more accessible but both are good for different reasons. I've watched bits and pieces of LPs for the vita game and the PS4 version is much improved. Just keep in mind Next Order is very, VERY methodical and I could see it rubbing some players the wrong way. The training aspects aren't for everyone. The grind is real.

I played a lot of Digimon World 1, Digimon World 3 and Digimon World DS. Leaving nostalgia at the door, I think it is safe to say Cyber Sleuth and Next Order are the two best digimon games ever.

I watched a stream of it and...yeah, oof. It seems like Easy is Normal, and Normal is Hard.
So bummed I don't have a PS4/Vita for this. Suppose there's a sliver of chance it could be ported to Switch the same way Re:Digitsed was for 3DS. I like the slight chaos to the game where you simply don't know what Digimon your partner will evolve into, and have to go with the flow early game.
Saying that, is Numemon an evolution when no key stats are met? That seems a little harsh.

AI battling just seems weirdly appealing to me. Again, real bummed there isn't a Digimon World for smartphones because that'd make a massive amount of sense. The games have all the makings for one: town building, energy levels, materials gathering, bullshit unfair challenges, so on so fourth. Watching AI battles would be a more convenient fit for smartphones if people want to make progress whilst walking around.
Digimon Linkz possibly comes close but it's turn based battle. (Which is maybe for the better?)

MongKey

I watched a stream of it and…yeah, oof. It seems like Easy is Normal, and Normal is Hard.
So bummed I don't have a PS4/Vita for this. Suppose there's a sliver of chance it could be ported to Switch the same way Re:Digitsed was for 3DS. I like the slight chaos to the game where you simply don't know what Digimon your partner will evolve into, and have to go with the flow early game.
Saying that, is Numemon an evolution when no key stats are met? That seems a little harsh.
Actually, there's virtually no difference between Easy and Normal except Easy gain stats a lot more compared to Normal during training. The extra stats gained on Easy does make the game easier but the fights is every bit as hard.

And yes, a Rookie that doesn't reach the stat requirements or have tons of care mistakes evolves into a Numemon which is a staple in the Digimon World series.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Just started playing this.

Man, I even remember some of the tunes from the original Digimon World game, which I haven't played in over 15 years. Amazing.

Lagamorph

Yeah, you're still early. You get decent money from battles later on.

There are lvl 8 Meteormon in the first area of Logic Volcano that drop good money once you're able to take them on. Just keep in mind they can be very tough if you're still on first generation.

They were still kicking my arse with second generation Ultimates....

Sealtest

Played about 10 minutes before I got sad.

Until Amazon Canada finally decides I should get my preorder DLC I just don't have the drive to play the game :(

I loved it on Vita and the 10 minutes I played looked amazing compared to that version.

Top Bottom