• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon World: -Next Order- |OT| Back To The Digital World We Go...

MongKey

I waited 30 hours to ask this. Hoped I would figure it out, but I haven't haha.

What's the deal with the cards? I seem to collect them all the time but have no way to view them? Is there a Digimon I should have recruited early on that allows me to restore them or something? Is it someone I recruit late game?
Further into the game you can recruit
Myotismon
at Bony Resort which is accessible as early as Chapter 2 but the enemies there are pretty tough.

It will open a card viewer at the entertainment district to see all the cards you have collected.

MongKey

So I got a MetalGreymon (Black/Blue?) and a Taomon (Silver) now and am right before the
Machinedramon fight in Dead End Village
, man does he hit hard. My own damage is not a problem almost got him down. But the damage he deals is pretty rough. Any tips fellow tamers?
The defend command cuts its ~5k laser damage significantly to something around ~1k. If you don't have the command then you need to learn it via tamer skills.

Either quickly command your digimon to defend as he wind up the attack or let the targeted digimon be a tank and defend all fight long.

AlanOC91

So guys. Whats your routine for training strong digimon towards the end of the game?

Also:
Omegamon Zwart D
is insanely hard. 10k per hit...... Can't survive long enough for eXe.

finally got lilithmon!!!!

i think she's supposed to be a 10+ gen monster with how long took grinding out these stats

Does anyone know how it picks which rookie digimon if more than one fulfill the requirements?

the game says it goes from the top of the list down, but i think if certain stats are higher than others, it'll prioritize different forms

e: lilithimon is way too op for chapter 2 lol

So I got a MetalGreymon (Black/Blue?) and a Taomon (Silver) now and am right before the
Machinedramon fight in Dead End Village
, man does he hit hard. My own damage is not a problem almost got him down. But the damage he deals is pretty rough. Any tips fellow tamers?

I'm at this part too but both of my Digimon died of old age shortly after losing the fight. Annoyed I have to spend so much time training them back up.

Edit: Got both of my Digimon back to Ultimate and beat him this time. Annoyed I got Bluemeramon again but at least I have a bunch of info on getting him to Mega.

I'm at this part too but both of my Digimon died of old age shortly after losing the fight. Annoyed I have to spend so much time training them back up.

Edit: Got both of my Digimon back to Ultimate and beat him this time. Annoyed I got Bluemeramon again but at least I have a bunch of info on getting him to Mega.
It might sound dumb now but by mid game, you'll look forward to the end of the life cycle. Your partners will have much more potential and new digivolutions to look forward to on the next run.

You get more and more control over digivolutions and training boosts as you progress, obviously. The truth is those first few generations aren't that important and you really shouldn't worry about what your digimon are. My team at one point was two platinumnumemons. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It was lame at the time but getting them to mega was better in the long term.

Now I'm rocking Gallantmon and BlackWargreymon and things are rolling along nicely.

Croc

Banned
my HerculesKabuterimon just died T_T

He's back as Shoutmon now though which is pretty nice. Guess I better get him back up to Ultimate before I go back out recruiting more Digimon.

while I'm here I guess I'll ask: How do you do the quest for MegaKabuterimon (Blue) in the desert? The one where he's talking about holes and GranKuwagamon. I found the evolution stone in one of the holes but I have no idea what to do after that. I'm in Ch 2.

Also BlackGatomon. I've sold her like at least 7 or 8 pirate things and nothings happened. Do I just need to keep finding more?

It might sound dumb now but by mid game, you'll look forward to the end of the life cycle. Your partners will have much more potential and new digivolutions to look forward to on the next run.

You get more and more control over digivolutions and training boosts as you progress, obviously. The truth is those first few generations aren't that important and you really shouldn't worry about what your digimon are. My team at one point was two platinumnumemons. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ It was lame at the time but getting them to mega was better in the long term.

Now I'm rocking Gallantmon and BlackWargreymon and things are rolling along nicely.

Meh I still got the last life upgrade to not worry about it happening as often. I'll start working on the reverse type upgrades next (already have the first).

MongKey

my HerculesKabuterimon just died T_T

He's back as Shoutmon now though which is pretty nice. Guess I better get him back up to Ultimate before I go back out recruiting more Digimon.

while I'm here I guess I'll ask: How do you do the quest for MegaKabuterimon (Blue) in the desert? The one where he's talking about holes and GranKuwagamon. I found the evolution stone in one of the holes but I have no idea what to do after that. I'm in Ch 2.

Also BlackGatomon. I've sold her like at least 7 or 8 pirate things and nothings happened. Do I just need to keep finding more?
Talk to him again and he'll cover up the holes. After that GranKuwagamon will show up at the map in server desert where you take to go to Logic Volcano, I forgot the name. Defeat him and he'll join the city. After that, talk to MegaKabuterimon again and the quest is finish.

I think BlackGatomon cannot be recruited and is just there to give you some bits for stuff. He'll give you 10k for a gold ring if you ever find one.

Just got my first two Megas and.......... Both of them are MirageGaogamon. This feels really awkward. Completely different Digimon through their whole lines except for Megas.

Edit: Finished chapter 1. Started chapter 2 and it feels like the game really opened up. Recruited 5 more Digimon in like half an hour of playing.

Currently in Ch. 4 looking for some more residents. The team atm:

0uLcjkD.jpg

Stuart444

For anyone on postgame and grinding out the money trophy (or who just need money), at Bony Resort in the Graveyard.

If you go to the building, where Ophanimon is, you'll also find a BlackWereGarurumon.

If you have the max bit tamer skill, Drop Master (if you are at the point where you can reset your tamer skills you can do that, if you don't have Drop Master), it will give you 10800 bits for an easy 20 second fight.

That's roughly 30,000 bits per minute depending on how quickly you win and how much you need to feed/rest your digimon.

Jumped on the game because Best Buy was doing a B1G1 half off on "anime games". The choice was pretty easy with Gamers Unlocked.

Enjoying the game so far. Playing on Normal. Hated that my Digimon kept digivolving to The black bird (Sabramon?). I went through almost 5 generations to just get a different result lol.

So, what should I be investing my tamer points on?

I hit another power level wall in a story fight so I went back to the training hall to power up my megas a bit further and to have ExE available again(I already used it that day).
The next morning my oldest partner was showing signs of imminent death so I scrambled back to the fight and...

It dropped dead literally steps away from the fight.

Dammit.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
My Megakabuterimon evolves into Chaos Gallantmon, neat. First time my Left-Digimon reached Mega as in Generation 1 it only got to Mega Seadramon. On the other hand my Right-Digimon, Aeroveedramon, might not evolve into a Mega before dying I guess because its evolutions have pretty high req.

Some questions...

* I read above about BlackGatomon just giving you bits and never joining you---is that the case for other "!" Digimon? Like I ran into Icemon who asked me to show him an Ice tech., he just gave me some HP Discs and then Alraumon just tells me about flowers which gives me a slight training boost. I assume they're the same deal?

* Botamon's been telling me about Agumon in the Wastelands for days now, but GrapLeomon is blocking the only entrance---is this just a mistake with Botamon telling me about a recruit I can't get to, or is something wrong? I'm on Chapter 1 by the way.

* I'm guessing when you get the ability to camp that lets you relieve fatigue while in the field instead of having to head back to the Training Gym?

* Can you obtain every Digimon you fight in this game? In World 1 many of the enemies were unobtainable, but it seems this time around many of the recolors are available so if I fight 'em, can I breed 'em?

So can you actually buy anything with those L coins? I have loads since I have the majority of the arena done.

After you recruit Rapidmon a store in the Entertainment district opens up.

I hit another power level wall in a story fight so I went back to the training hall to power up my megas a bit further and to have ExE available again(I already used it that day).
The next morning my oldest partner was showing signs of imminent death so I scrambled back to the fight and...

Dammit.

that sucks

next time, you might want to see if you can luck into an afterdeath exe if you've already used your manual one

My account got approved yesterday and I couldn't think of a better thread to post in for the first time.

I got this game on Wednesday (a day late. Thanks Amazon) and played for about 3 hours. I was really digging it until both of my digimon simultaneously digivolved into Numemon and then I had some PTSD style flashbacks to when that would happen to me in the first game. The game is great.

10/10 would raise a poop monster again.

Stuart444

My account got approved yesterday and I couldn't think of a better thread to post in for the first time.

I got this game on Wednesday (a day late. Thanks Amazon) and played for about 3 hours. I was really digging it until both of my digimon simultaneously digivolved into Numemon and then I had some PTSD style flashbacks to when that would happen to me in the first game. The game is great.

Welcome to the thread and congrats on the poopmon

Now try to raise PLATINUM Numemon and make them good.

My Megakabuterimon evolves into Chaos Gallantmon, neat. First time my Left-Digimon reached Mega as in Generation 1 it only got to Mega Seadramon. On the other hand my Right-Digimon, Aeroveedramon, might not evolve into a Mega before dying I guess because its evolutions have pretty high req.

Some questions...

* I read above about BlackGatomon just giving you bits and never joining you---is that the case for other "!" Digimon? Like I ran into Icemon who asked me to show him an Ice tech., he just gave me some HP Discs and then Alraumon just tells me about flowers which gives me a slight training boost. I assume they're the same deal?

* Botamon's been telling me about Agumon in the Wastelands for days now, but GrapLeomon is blocking the only entrance---is this just a mistake with Botamon telling me about a recruit I can't get to, or is something wrong? I'm on Chapter 1 by the way.

* I'm guessing when you get the ability to camp that lets you relieve fatigue while in the field instead of having to head back to the Training Gym?

* Can you obtain every Digimon you fight in this game? In World 1 many of the enemies were unobtainable, but it seems this time around many of the recolors are available so if I fight 'em, can I breed 'em?

There are some Digimon with quest markers that do not join AFAIK.

That Agumon can only be reached starting in Chapter 2 IIRC.

After you recruit Rapidmon a store in the Entertainment district opens up.

that sucks

next time, you might want to see if you can luck into an afterdeath exe if you've already used your manual one

Yeah, that might be worth trying for in a situation like that.

EDIT:

Stat gain seems to get really slow around 7k when boosting a stat directly. The gains from boosting a adjacent stat seem to be unaffected though.

I clearly have still not gotten the hang of this game. I started last night, got my rookies and trained them a bit and I'm like.. Almost dying at every single fight I get into in that first area. Any tips? I'm kinda just learning the ropes..

MongKey

I clearly have still not gotten the hang of this game. I started last night, got my rookies and trained them a bit and I'm like.. Almost dying at every single fight I get into in that first area. Any tips? I'm kinda just learning the ropes..
Keep training and take care not to make care mistake such as not going to the toilet, miss feeding them or not resting when there are tired. They will eventually evolve into Champions; that's when you should start exploring as the early game battles are pretty hard with just Rookies.

You can also play on easy as the stats gained during training is higher compared to normal and should help early on. While the battle difficulty is the same so easy just help in cutting stats grinding time. That said, easy is more enjoyable for me as I can explore more rather than grinding for stats the majority of the time. You can change difficulty by talking to Punimon inside Jijimon's house.

Keep training and take care not to make care mistake such as not going to the toilet, miss feeding them or not resting when there are tired. They will eventually evolve into Champions; that's when you should start exploring as the early game battles are pretty hard with just Rookies.

You can also play on easy as the stats gained during training is higher compared to normal and should help early on. While the battle difficulty is the same so easy just help in cutting stats grinding time. That said, easy is more enjoyable for me as I can explore more rather than grinding for stats the majority of the time. You can change difficulty by talking to Punimon inside Jijimon's house.

I did choose easy mode and am grateful for those stat bonuses :). I think maybe what the issue is, is that I'm only training the stats that are required to get my desired champion? Should I just be training every stat and seeing which champion I get or???

Pkaz01

I've never played one of these games before so I dont know what the learning curve is, but is it terrible that my digimon died and i didnt even get past chapter 1? I trained it all the way up to a mega and the other one died and now i have a mega and a baby lol

MongKey

I did choose easy mode and am grateful for those stat bonuses :). I think maybe what the issue is, is that I'm only training the stats that are required to get my desired champion? Should I just be training every stat and seeing which champion I get or???
HP, MP, Str and Sta will improve both survivability and damage inflicted as Str increase damage while Sta increase defence. Wis will cut MP usage for attacking moves and Spd will increase the frequency of attacks. HP and MP is good to focus early on as it will help surviving longer without wasting too much recovery disks.

If you have a desired Champion you want then you can train them until it reached the requirements and then starts training on other stats. Ideally, just keep training them until they evolve into Champions before exploring as it will make it a lot easier. The first gen is the one where you will spend the majority of time training but it will be easier for each subsequent gen so you will be exploring more rather than training after that.

Be warned though that Digimon Adventure's evolutions have ridiculously high requirements that it's ill advised to try and get them on your early gens.

Also, talk to Koromon in Jijimon's house everyday as it will give you items such as HP and MP recovery disks.

I've never played one of these games before so I dont know what the learning curve is, but is it terrible that my digimon died and i didnt even get past chapter 1? I trained it all the way up to a mega and the other one died and now i have a mega and a baby lol
Not really since Chapter 1 in this game is actually super hard compared to the previous ones. Your digimons will usually die in the first chapter and the newly reincarnated digimons are actually better equipped to tackle the chapter with their inherited stats. Having a Mega and a Baby is pretty good actually as the lower stage digimon will gain significant boosts while training which should make it stronger than your first Mega at the end of the day.

Don't be discouraged and keep training the newly reincarnated digimon because it's just the natural loop in these Digimon World games. Actually, it's actually commendable that you have a first gen Mega since their requirements is pretty high. So keep up the good work.

4600 ATK 4100 DEF on one Mega with 25k HP but I keep getting 1.2x critical hits done on me for around 10-12k damage. My other Mega has around 3600 in both.
Your attack and STA sounds right but your HP sounds low. I think my HP was around 35k with 4000 STA. It was enough to survive his attacks and hit ExE.

HP, MP, Str and Sta will improve both survivability and damage inflicted as Str increase damage while Sta increase defence. Wis will cut MP usage for attacking moves and Spd will increase the frequency of attacks. HP and MP is good to focus early on as it will help surviving longer without wasting too much recovery disks.

If you have a desired Champion you want then you can train them until it reached the requirements and then starts training on other stats. Ideally, just keep training them until they evolve into Champions before exploring as it will make it a lot easier. The first gen is the one where you will spend the majority of time training but it will be easier for each subsequent gen so you will be exploring more rather than training after that.

Be warned though that Digimon Adventure's evolutions have ridiculously high requirements that it's ill advised to try and get them on your early gens.

Also, talk to Koromon in Jijimon's house everyday as it will give you items such as HP and MP recovery disks.

Alright! Thanks for the response :) I understand, and appreciate it!! I'll give it another shot. I guess my big mistake was going out with rookies LOL

MongKey

My dream has come true :D
I'm super happy right now having both Omegamon and KaiserGreymon as my partner.

I knew DNA evolving will devolve one of my partner back into Ultimate. So I thought might as well have ShineGreymon to fill up the field guide. When I was training my MetalGreymon to get some extra Wis and Spd, an evolution requirement unlock after a praise and it was KaiserGreymon. I never knew; now I want it and I got it. He's super cool; he actually uses his sword in his attacking animation and his finishing move animation is just godly. He even does Cloud's spinning sword victory pose lol. Now I just need to finish the game with them and I'm all set with my training and preparations though I'll only be able to do it next week as I'm back to work again which is tearing me apart ;_;

Interestingly, Omegamon is actually classified as a higher stage compared to Mega; a Super Mega I guess. You can see that his Mega designation is golden colored compared to KaiserGreymon.
What's interesting about this is that your other Mega actually receives extra stat boosts when training because Mega is a lower stage compared to Super Mega. My KaiserGreymon is actually gaining double of what Omegamon gets because of this though their stats is still so far apart as Omegamon got some nice stats boost after evolving. Although there's a big downside with Super Mega in that you cannot use ExE evolution with them. On the upside, they are ridiculously powerful and more reliable than ExE evolving which can only be manually used once a day or resetting for an afterdeath ExE.

Unfortunately, I'm guessing that my Omegamon life span doesn't reset while the devolved digimon does; which means my Omegamon's age is still 13 while my MetalGreymon resets back to age 7 after DNA. I'm afraid that my digimon cycle will be out of whack because of the possibility that Omegamon dies first. So I transfered my MetalGreymon's life to Omegamon everyday hoping that they will be in sync in the end. But if Omegamon does get increased life span because of DNA then KaiserGreymon will die first which is unfortunate. If that happen, I'll just transfer Omegamon's live to the new digimon to resync, hopefully.

So now it's an interesting choice between DNA evolving early or late. DNA early and they will last longer but they are weaker since the lower stats equates to lower boost when evolving. DNA late to train first will yield a more powerful digimon but you will have less days to make use of him. Since evolving the devolved Ultimate will take up 4 days, I'm not sure if it's wise to DNA at age 18 and up since they will be within 4-5 days of dying. At the end of the day, I don't know if DNA evolving extend a digimon life or if it does, for how long. As I'm unable to play the game until next weekend, I couldn't test it myself so this is just speculations. I hope that this will help for those that are curious about DNA evolving.

Pkaz01

Not really since Chapter 1 in this game is actually super hard compared to the previous ones. Your digimons will usually die in the first chapter and the newly reincarnated digimons are actually better equipped to tackle the chapter with their inherited stats. Having a Mega and a Baby is pretty good actually as the lower stage digimon will gain significant boosts while training which should make it stronger than your first Mega at the end of the day.

Don't be discouraged and keep training the newly reincarnated digimon because it's just the natural loop in these Digimon World games. Actually, it's actually commendable that you have a first gen Mega since their requirements is pretty high. So keep up the good work.

Thanks! I am definitely enjoying the raising aspect and the randomized digivolution makes it fun. Although my icegoblinmon was a disappointment lol who wants that

MongKey

Alright! Thanks for the response :) I understand, and appreciate it!! I'll give it another shot. I guess my big mistake was going out with rookies LOL
Yeah, I was like that too when I got my first rookie and struggled in the first area. Did not expect the difficulty considering the past games. Proceeded to train more before exploring the next day.

You can actually go out with rookies after a good day of training but getting Champions is just a few days away; it's better to evolve them first and make it a more pleasant experience in my opinion.

Thanks! I am definitely enjoying the raising aspect and the randomized digivolution makes it fun. Although my icegoblinmon was a disappointment lol who wants that
Yeah, early on you do get more obscure digimons until later gens when it's easier to get the more popular ones. Though IceGoblimon is the cooler digimon compared to the other Goblimons lol

Croc

Banned

Dammit.

I had that happen right before Rosemon's Palace or whatever that place is called lol. I was all riled up and ready to go and he started making the sounds. I decided to just explore more of the area to try and recruit more mon's until he died.

Pkaz01

Atleast it isn't a numemon - subtitle of every digimon world game

i guess i just got really lucky with my first evolutions

had a youkomon and a saberdramon, the youkomon turned into blue megakabuterimon and the saberdramon died.

Any tips on not getting the dark versions of the digimons? Happines was all the way up and discipline was like maybe a little under halfway

Reached Bony Resort. Starting to hit a wall. I can still kill everything relatively easily but it's taking a long time. I'm thinking instead of grinding more at the gym I'm going to work on other things and wait for my partners to die. Right now I'm working on getting more Digimon to join me and grinding materials and bits to upgrade buildings and equipment.

Yeah, I was like that too when I got my first rookie and struggled in the first area. Did not expect the difficulty considering the past games. Proceeded to train more before exploring the next day.

I'm convinced :) I'm definitely gonna go Champion first before proceeding. Thanks so much for the helpful advice!! :)

Top Bottom