• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dirt 3 |OT| "If in doubt, flat out"

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
who would be interested in some a NeoGAF time attack and/or a head 2 head bracket competition?

I need to play this again, got a little burned out making that camera pack and then had some busy work days, still need to finish the single player!

Just finished a solid stint. I am on the Super Series. I have gold and platinum in all of the other season events. After this I just need to clean up all of the additional "smaller pyramid" challenges and the online rank ups. I think I can manage a platinum of this by the end of summer, hopefully sooner.

Trail Blazer is quickly becoming by favorite event. Such a rush. Looking forward to the Mote Carlo track pack!

zlatko

Banned
Played a couple more hours and boy do I stink at Gymkhana events lol. Mad respect to people who don't have a problem getting platinum in these things.

I'm still not sure how to "properly" drift so I can rack up the most points in the drift challenges where the longer you drift the more points you get.

Is there a certain car and tuning that makes Gymkhana and drifting easier to pull off?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Edit: Oh, and I've listened to this song about 30 times already now and I LOVE IT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHZDGJkmukk

TheOddOne

zlatko said:
Played a couple more hours and boy do I stink at Gymkhana events lol. Mad respect to people who don't have a problem getting platinum in these things.

I'm still not sure how to "properly" drift so I can rack up the most points in the drift challenges where the longer you drift the more points you get.

Is there a certain car and tuning that makes Gymkhana and drifting easier to pull off?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Edit: Oh, and I've listened to this song about 30 times already now and I LOVE IT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHZDGJkmukk
The music they chose fits so perfectly. So good.

Watevaman

zlatko said:
You can't play the music during races though right? Seriously SMH why this was a design choice. :(

Probably cause the engine and ambient sounds are beautiful.

Beat the final missions at the Battersea compound today. Last ones were actually some of the easiest, it feels. Maybe I'm just better at Gymkhana now, though.

Power and Glory car pack is out, you can buy all 5 cars for 480 allards or one car for 160 if you want just one or two, good to have a choice at least.

two cheevos too

op_ivy

Diablohead said:
Power and Glory car pack is out, you can buy all 5 cars for 480 allards or one car for 160 if you want just one or two, good to have a choice at least.

two cheevos too

what are the cars?

http://www.racedepartment.com/content/1371-dirt-3-power-glory-car-pack-released-dlc.htm said:
Codemasters just announced a new arrival to their DiRT3 simulation. The power and glory pack features five new vehicles with five new liveries each. The brand new DLC is available for Xbox 360 owners as per today. PS3 and PC owners have to be more patient as their DLC will be available in two days from now.

The Power and Glory Car Pack contains:
BMW M3 Rally – Rally 80s
Lancia Delta S4 – Rally Group B
Ford Focus ST RallyX – Rallycross
Scion tC – Gymkhana
Chevrolet Camaro SSX Concept – Trailblazer Modern
Release date:
Out Now! (XBL: 14th June, GFWL/PS3: 15th June)

Price:
Xbox Live Marketplace - 480 MS Points
Games For Windows Live Marketplace - 480 MS Points
Playstation Network - € 4.99 / $5.99

copy pasta

op_ivy

lets get some low key Time Attack going...

Kenya, Mwatate, Pro
2:24:087 - Ballistik, Citroen C4
2:24.694 - op_ivy, Citroen C4
2:26.916 - Diablohead, Focus RS
2:33:391 - sneaky77, Focus RS
2:34.151 - Diagoro, ?

op_ivy

ok, just TT'd this course sober and improved my time, imagine that. clean run, no mistakes but i'm sure there are faster lines to be taken. i have no idea how the world record is a 2:18.XXX though, unless there is some corner cutting going on.

2:26.347 (which puts me at 172nd on the XBL leaderboards)

where is everybody else?

The M.O.B

As a casual racing game fan ,I'm extremely happy with this game so far. I kind of suck so for the first 10 hrs or so I had to slowly drop off all the assists, but now racing without any crashes feels better now that I'm doing it all on my own :p

I have the PC version on steam so if anyone ever needs an extra person to fill a race just pm me. SteamID=titankiller2

op_ivy

The M.O.B said:
As a casual racing game fan ,I'm extremely happy with this game so far. I kind of suck so for the first 10 hrs or so I had to slowly drop off all the assists, but now racing without any crashes feels better now that I'm doing it all on my own :p

I have the PC version on steam so if anyone ever needs an extra person to fill a race just pm me. SteamID=titankiller2

do some single player time trials with (the two of) us!

updated time
2:26.033

i changed the gear ratio from -1 back to the defualt. not sure its better, but it seemed to be... what are your seetings, if you dont mind sharing, diablohead?

op_ivy

-bakalhau- said:
Hello! I'm definitely going to play more once Monte Carlos hits. More racing acton online ;)

that reminds me, i dont think these have been posted...

screenshot_19701.jpg

screenshot_19700.jpg

screenshot_19697.jpg

Codemasters said:
The Monte Carlo stages have been designed with real rally fans in mind... We made the narrow mountain roads tight and twisty to really enhance the feeling of danger

fuck yeah, June 28th!

Ballistik

2:26.669 on XBL, let's see if I can improve on that. I can only use the Ford Focus because my game save turned corrupt and I don't want to pass the whole game all over again.

drewbian

Neo Member
I have been craving a new Group B rally game and this is scratching that itch quite nicely. All they really need is the Peugeot 205 T16, and they will have all the major monsters in the game.

The only real disappointment I have is seeing all the awesome Pikes Peak cars and yet no amazing hill climb to really take them on. I played The Peak on Dirt 1 probably 100+ times and with the new cars (Milllen's and Monster's) and the classics (Audi and Peugeot) it is just a crime to not have The Peak back.

I was sort of hoping against hope they were going to announce something this week since the race is this weekend, but it appears that Monte Carlo is going to be the next DLC.

I still am holding out hope for some big surprise announcement.

drewbian said:
I have been craving a new Group B rally game and this is scratching that itch quite nicely. All they really need is the Peugeot 205 T16, and they will have all the major monsters in the game.

The only real disappointment I have is seeing all the awesome Pikes Peak cars and yet no amazing hill climb to really take them on. I played The Peak on Dirt 1 probably 100+ times and with the new cars (Milllen's and Monster's) and the classics (Audi and Peugeot) it is just a crime to not have The Peak back.

I was sort of hoping against hope they were going to announce something this week since the race is this weekend, but it appears that Monte Carlo is going to be the next DLC.

I still am holding out hope for some big surprise announcement.
Your post inspired me to whip out Dirt 1 and do a Pikes Peak run. Holy shit that course is awesome, took me over 10 minutes!

I'm not holding my breath for any DLC for this game after Monte Carlo but I'd love to be surprised.

Daigoro

i was using the Focus as well. im going to work on this the next few days and shave a few seconds off.

might work on some runs with some classic cars on the same track as well. the track is good fun. the part where i get scared and inevitably slow down is the narrow section with the sloped rock walls. i just need some more runs to get more familiar with it.

anyone want to share any settings? i changed my gear ratio so i can accelerate quicker and one other setting, forget which.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Platinumed Bobsleigh yesterday. Probably the hardest challenge in the game to Plat.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
The_Dude said:
I'm loving the game for the most part, even the gymkhana, but what the hell is with the difficulty? I'm playing on advanced, doing the first event of season 3, land rush in buggies. First race, I spend 30 minutes trying to get first place and can't even catch up to first place, let alone pass him. Try all different setups, no luck. Only ended up winning because the car in first place crashed near the end of the last lap. Next race, nearly the same track in the rain, win easily on my first try. WTF?

That is *EXACTLY* what happened to me on that season 3 buggy race! All part of the....pardon the pun....buggyness of the game? LOL

isamu said:
Platinumed Bobsleigh yesterday. Probably the hardest challenge in the game to Plat.
When I first unlocked that challenge I kept at it, took about 8 runs I think, just need to keep a clean and smooth racing line. Best thing was at the last corner you can go super wide and hardly touch the brakes.

Sh0k

Got this game for father's day and really enjoying it. It's there a way to play on the intermediate difficulty and turn off the racing line? I can't find the setting in the options and the only way so far is changing the difficulty to advanced, but that's way too hard.

Daigoro

Sh0k said:
Got this game for father's day and really enjoying it. It's there a way to play on the intermediate difficulty and turn off the racing line? I can't find the setting in the options and the only way so far is changing the difficulty to advanced, but that's way too hard.

there is an option somewhere. check the HUD options. i think its there.

Ballistik

Sh0k said:

Option is there in assists, you can keep the difficulty the same and turn off the driving assist line manually. What I did was put the difficulty in between imtermediate and advanced (I believe the difficulty number is like 4) and turned off all the assists and it felt just about right.

Top Bottom