• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Zakalwe

Banned
so the monday udate will break the saves again? or are we safe now?

Beta saves won't carry over to release. We'll all be starting again on the 30th.

-

I'm thinking of picking up a copy of Shadowrun Returns to play through this weekend. What do you guys and gals think of it? Worth getting Dragon fall DLC too?

Beta saves won't carry over to release. We'll all be starting again on the 30th.

-

I'm thinking of picking up a copy of Shadowrun Returns to play through this weekend. What do you guys and gals think of it? Worth getting Dragon fall DLC too?

Dragonfall is a much better campaign than Dead Man's Switch from top to bottom. Better combat, better quests, better party members, etc. The first campaign is good but the DLC is practically a sequel that improves upon the original significantly. All in all I really enjoyed both but yea, def pick up Dragonfall.

Durante

-

As said above, Dragonfall is much better than the OC. Calling it "DLC" doesn't do it justice really.

Zakalwe

Banned
As said above, Dragonfall is much better than the OC. Calling it "DLC" doesn't do it justice really.
Dragonfall is a much better campaign than Dead Man's Switch from top to bottom. Better combat, better quests, better party members, etc. The first campaign is good but the DLC is practically a sequel that improves upon the original significantly. All in all I really enjoyed both but yea, def pick up Dragonfall.

Do I need to play through the main game first, or can I just install it and skip straight to Dragonfall? Or should I just play both?

Durante

It's no problem to start with Dragonfall. Though if you ever plan on playing the OC you should play it first, it would feel like a big step back otherwise.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
It's no problem to start with Dragonfall. Though if you ever plan on playing the OC you should play it first, it would feel like a big step back otherwise.

I read once that you can brute force your way through most of the OC with just a shotgun?

Eh, I strongly disagree. It runs nicely, the art is great, it reaches 60 fps easily once fixed, it's very, very stable and of course the game itself is outstanding.
The day they will also get rid of GFWL it will be the day I won't have nothing to complain about the "port" any more.

Hmm, I might give it another try.

I read once that you can brute force your way through most of the OC with just a shotgun?

Hmm, I might give it another try.

Don't even need a shotgun lol, my Main character was skilled in rifles and I would just use my mage to give my main guy more accuracy and I would just mow down people from afar.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Don't even need a shotgun lol, my Main character was skilled in rifles and I would just use my mage to give my main guy more accuracy and I would just mow down people from afar.

Haha, I want to play Shadowfall. It should be amusing to break the mechanics.

Toreal

Can I buy this game today, start the campaign and continue on my save when the game is released or are there some restrictions for the early access?

Jams775

This game seems great. I already bought it yesterday thanks to this thread. I only played ot for a little bit but I think I'm going to wait till it's out so I don't lose saves.

I have a question about the magic. Is it all just damage spells? Are there any utility and fluff spells (things like shrink, summon food, etc)? Can I fish? I'm kind of sick of games where it's all fighting and no fluff that intigrates you more into the world. I'm glad there's at least food thoguh haven't tried it.

They did. I have to admit that I actually had some trouble with the final level of the OC.

I had to set it down to easy for that mess. Not my proudest moment, but those "guys" were real assholes. Dragonfall felt a lot smoother in difficulty to me.

Can I buy this game today, start the campaign and continue on my save when the game is released or are there some restrictions for the early access?

Beta saves and retail v. saves aren't compatible. Anything you do til release will be wiped when the game comes out. You can wait until release, or play around with the different classes and skills, mark down where some useful stuff to steal is right off the bat... That's what I got up to anyway.

Terra_Ex

Still waiting for this editor to show up in tools...

I had to set it down to easy for that mess. Not my proudest moment, but those "guys" were real assholes. Dragonfall felt a lot smoother in difficulty to me.
Playing on hard, I got absolutely hammered during the MKVI mission last night and just barely made it back alive. Aside from that spike Dragonfall's difficulty has been just about right.

Zukuu

Banned
I have a question about the magic. Is it all just damage spells? Are there any utility and fluff spells (things like shrink, summon food, etc)? Can I fish? I'm kind of sick of games where it's all fighting and no fluff that intigrates you more into the world. I'm glad there's at least food thoguh haven't tried it.
Of course there are utility spells, even in the character creator you can choose spells that aren't in damaging nature, like Buffs / Debuffs or that change the environment, e.g. to make it Rain and extinguish Fire and set a puddle of water on the ground, so you can electrocute it or an Oil Surface where enemies (and allies alike) will slip, which you can later set on fire. I dunno if Shrink or anything like that is in it tho. I'm sure there will be non-combat spells in it. At least I can assure you, that you can make use of some of the combat spells in a non-combat setting to help with quests and find optional stuff.

Seeing you can craft a Fishing Rod, it's probably in. Not sure tho.

Corpekata

Banned
Re: Non damage spells I wanna say one of the examples I heard from the devs that got my interest early on was that you could do things like debuff an enemy's intelligence so that he'll walk through lava instead of avoid it. Not sure if that's in the game though.

Jams775

Of course there are utility spells, even in the character creator you can choose spells that aren't in damaging nature, like Buffs / Debuffs or that change the environment, e.g. to make it Rain and extinguish Fire and set a puddle of water on the ground, so you can electrocute it or an Oil Surface where enemies (and allies alike) will slip, which you can later set on fire. I dunno if Shrink or anything like that is in it tho. I'm sure there will be non-combat spells in it. At least I can assure you, that you can make use of some of the combat spells in a non-combat setting to help with quests and find optional stuff.

Seeing you can craft a Fishing Rod, it's probably in. Not sure tho.

Re: Non damage spells I wanna say one of the examples I heard from the devs that got my interest early on was that you could do things like debuff an enemy's intelligence so that he'll walk through lava instead of avoid it. Not sure if that's in the game though.

You guys are making me so hot right now. *slowly slides down pants*
what else is in the game?

tell it to me
doucement
tell it to me
slowly

Santiako

Apartenly the game is already for sale in fnac in France:
photo.jpg

3 days to go and the hype is eating me alive.

Zukuu

Banned
3 days to go and the hype is eating me alive.
Oh god, that looks sooooo long written as a number. Let me try it in a different way:
Three
Trois
San
Drei
Tri
Tres
Tria
Tre
Três

nope, not working. Still reads as agonizing. T__T. I have tuesday off, my body isn't just "ready", it's "overdue" for this game.

Zakalwe

Banned
Man, I stopped playing this last night before the save wipe, and I'm missing it already.

Going on a bit of a turn based binge in preparation. Just bought Enemy Within for some pure combat turn based gameplay, and downloading Shadowrun+Dragonfall for the rpg elements too.

I obviously won't finish them in time, but I think I might have found my new favourite genre, so a backlog is good news!

Pand

Does anyone know how to get to Homestead? I know I've been there on an old save but I can't find it now. I also can't quick travel except when standing next to a portal, which I guess is related.

Santiako

Does anyone know how to get to Homestead? I know I've been there on an old save but I can't find it now. I also can't quick travel except when standing next to a portal, which I guess is related.

Healers house, do the small quest about choosing who to save with the healer's apprentice.

RK9039

This is one way:

Healers house, do the small quest about choosing who to save with the healer's apprentice.

The other way I've found is to do the quest about the murder in Cyseal,
when you get to the scene of the murder you'll be teleported to Zixzax.

Chaos17

It was one of the first day sales.
Now you can get it on tf2outpost for 10-11 key so not even 20€ / 27$.

Yeah, I tried it and I forgot the 15 days delay for the market when you make a new Steam acount, like a noob... Yes, I just created my first Steam account, if I knew I will have let my buddy handle it since he is Steam usuer for years now. Either I wait, or I buy a Steam game and sell to get back my 25 euros from my Steam Wallet...

*Depressed*

sueil

I got a copy today and am sorely tempted to install it and play around a little but also really want to go in fresh. I'm being torn apart.

Dipper145

I'm hoping this shows up again in like the wrap-up day of the steam sale, so I can pick it up. Didnt find this thread or really know about it until after it was off sale :(

Can't even trade keys for it on my steam account right now because of moving places and steam-guard.

Noaloha

On the most recent livestream, did Swen comment on whether the rest of the companions would be in on release day? I think I saw that Larian were confident that (a handful, if not all) Source Hunter personalities would be in the release version but I haven't seen any further word on the companions. As of the livestream a week ago, Swen wasn't confident they'd make it.

Played around with a Fighter & Mage team last night and spec'd in the pet talk ability. Can anyone in your party talk to animals as long as you have 1 point in the skill? Or do I have to switch to the specific character with the skill?

Santiako

Played around with a Fighter & Mage team last night and spec'd in the pet talk ability. Can anyone in your party talk to animals as long as you have 1 point in the skill? Or do I have to switch to the specific character with the skill?

Only the character with Pet Pal can talk to them.

Noaloha

The chatty animals'll only proc if your pet-pal person is the active character when you click. Same deal I believe with something like Barter skill. Gotta be the talented character doing the talking.

Zukuu

Banned
Still no clue why they didn't went with live portraits. That's my only real gripe along with the randomized loot.

Arulan

Still no clue why they didn't went with live portraits. That's my only real gripe along with the randomized loot.

Eh, I'm not entirely one-sided on this but I feel in a lot of cases live portraits can look really bad. It's a lot harder to ruin 2D character portraits. I suppose the one major draw-back of 2D portraits is keeping your portrait and character in-sync if the game allow for a lot of character appearance customization.

Top Bottom