• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Yes, drag the portrait at the top until you break the link.

To add to this, you can also re-order them whenever you wish by dragging a chained character above or below another chained character.

This is handy if you want a specific character to always be on the F1, F2, etc hotkeys.

Ashtar

I keep getting an error when I try to save save fail copy to level cache failed? any clue on how to fix this I'm on mac.
Also what level should I be before I go adventuring I only leveled up once and I ran up on some orcs and they pushed my wig back

this is $40 right? sheesh...i spent it all on the summer sales..gotta have to wait for it to drop to $20 ;_; game is very awesome from the previews and stuff :3

~Kinggi~

Banned
The voice system needs to be patched. It seems to be driving everyone crazy. Disable voices when in convos or reading shit. Super distracting. And they constantly repeat stuff.

Stoof

In my tiny sliver of playtime I've made it the the first town and
held the life of two men in my hands, but ended up getting teleported to the end of time because of a rock.

Yup I love this game.

Currently in the "overwhelmed by choice and can't commit to a proper route for a first playthrough" phase of my relationship with this game. I'm wary of picking terrible ability/class/stat combinations that won't reveal themselves as terrible until halfway through the game. Worried that some classes are more "fun" to play than others and that I'm picking the duds.

There's really no way to assuage this but to play the damn game and disregard the consequences, but I've been conditioned by old-school cRPGs like Arcanum to believe that certain builds will fuck you over if you don't plan your entire playthrough around them.

I keep getting an error when I try to save save fail copy to level cache failed? any clue on how to fix this I'm on mac.
Also what level should I be before I go adventuring I only leveled up once and I ran up on some orcs and they pushed my wig back

There's several directions you can go out of town, it's up to you which is really worth attempting.

These are the paths I found, as well as the easiest route: (spoilers)
The Northwest-most town exit, sort of near the mortician's house, has level 3 Undead enemies that are much easier to defeat than the Orcs to the West or the Undead to the Northeast. There is also an area underground, beneath the town, which offers some good adventuring opportunities. If you want a hint of where to find it, here's ya go: just look for the dog mourning his owner.

Also, completely unrelated, but there's something I didn't realise when making a character that y'all might want to know: the conversation/personality traits you get give you a plethora of abilities, seems like almost every stat in the game is fair game. Because of this, my warrior and mage have some low-level sneaking and crafting talents.

So seriously, don't be afraid to make a build that you like instead of a build that feels optimal.

Game is crack status and legit.

Approved. So glad I just found out about the game yesterday otherwise waiting to play it would have been torture lol.

Zeliard

To add to this, you can also re-order them whenever you wish by dragging a chained character above or below another chained character.

This is handy if you want a specific character to always be on the F1, F2, etc hotkeys.

Also notable is when you enter sneak mode with a single character, the others will automatically stop following them.

Uhh, so I can't claim my two digital keys? They were "awaiting delivery" or whatever it was yesterday. Now they're gone from my Kickstarter page on Larian Vault and it's just my two alpha keys.

The page said those would become un-usable and we'd have to put in the new digital keys. Did they just auto-convert the alpha/beta keys to release keys?

Yes, alpha/beta keys are just release keys now.

Zukuu

Banned
The voice system needs to be patched. It seems to be driving everyone crazy. Disable voices when in convos or reading shit. Super distracting. And they constantly repeat stuff.

well or just a bigger pause between them. In gothic it actually adds to the atmosphere.

I turned the volume down to 10%. It still gives the ambiance of dialogue, but yeah, isn't annoying. So many games get this wrong, I don't get it.

epmode

It really seems like they decided to voice the game at the last minute. As it is now, the background dialogue was obviously not designed to be heard. NPCs speak too often and repeat themselves too quickly. A quick fix would be to disable all background voice while in dialogue or in a menu but Larian should also lower the frequency.

I just disabled voices entirely. I look forward to re-enabling it when it's tweaked, though. The voices are good!

Alric

Is there a point to getting lockpicking if you can just bash open locks or is there a chance to destroy the item and other things you can bash open?

Is there a point to getting lockpicking if you can just bash open locks or is there a chance to destroy the item and other things you can bash open?

Your weapon has durability, and it may take many swings to break open a sturdy chest. This is a very durability-inefficient manner of doing things.

While I don't know what happens when a weapon reaches 0 durability, I can't imagine it being anything good, given how the game doesn't screw around with traps and such.

Lockpicking is a matter of efficiency.

HoosTrax

Gahhh

eSivTu3.jpg

EVOL 100%

I played this for a few hours, and my biggest complaint actually is that there isn't any night. It's actually a very trivial one, but it feels really weird and even a bit tiring after getting used to the old IE games that all had the day/night system. Strange.

Also, the shopping system is a bit obtuse. You can't seem to initiate it by talking to the storekeeper and have to pickup an item to start bartering? It's a bit weird.

Other than that, I couldn't be happier. I wasn't following this game at all and I'm suddenly playing a game that's more than worthy of the old CRPG games.

OmegaDL50

As far as I can tell this is how large the world map of Divinity is. I scrolled from top to bottom as much as I could go and lined everything up.

Unless the Map expands as you discover more areas (Like it scrolling to the left or right for example) this seems to be fairly sizable location to explore, although I wonder if this is everything and not just one area to the game.

I took this picture immediately after the Orc Battle prior to entering Cyseal on the docks with the burning boat. So using that as a point of reference to how much map I've uncovered.

I'm going to make it my personal quest to uncover 100% of the map and upload for everyone to use if they like.

L3VhB90.jpg

As far as I can tell this is how large the world map of Divinity is. I scrolled from top to bottom as much as I could go and lined everything up.

Unless the Map expands as you discover more areas (Like it scrolling to the left or right for example) this seems to be fairly sizable location to explore, although I wonder if this is everything and not just one area to the game.

I took this picture immediately after the Orc Battle prior to entering Cyseal on the docks with the burning boat. So using that as a point of reference to how much map I've uncovered.

L3VhB90.jpg

There's definitely multiple maps - it's larger than that.

I know this to be true because of... certain magical accidents.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Silly question but if I have one character with high charisma and barter skills, do they need to be the one to initiate the conversation to get the bonuses? Or is it applied no matter who initiates the convo.

OmegaDL50

Silly question but if I have one character with high charisma and barter skills, do they need to be the one to initiate the conversation to get the bonuses? Or is it applied no matter who initiates the convo.

The character with the skills is the one that needs to initiate it. Just like how characters without Pet Pal can't communicate with animals unless someone with Pet Pal initiates that discussion, as least this is far from my own experience (I could be incorrect)

VandalD

The character with the skills is the one that needs to initiate it. Just like how characters without Pet Pal can't communicate with animals unless someone with Pet Pal initiates that discussion, as least this is far from my own experience (I could be incorrect)
Just tried it myself. The initiator's bartering skill is used, even if you use the arrows to scroll to other characters while bartering.

Levyne

Banned
Similar is true for keys. One time I couldn't figure out why I couldn't open a chest I had a key to: the other character had it.

Nete

The coop in this game is hilarious. So many chances to troll.

There is nothing better than disagree with your partner about a decision and, after some *great* lines arguing, the fate of a quest is decided by rock-paper-scissors.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Yup after 3+ hours and only dicking around town I have over 15k gold and a wealth of nice gear for all 4 party members. Love them paintings and gold silverware.

One niggling issue I have is that when I want to attack, I accidently move and use up action points. Is there something I am missing to avoid this?

Levyne

Banned
One niggling issue I have is that when I want to attack, I accidently move and use up action points. Is there something I am missing to avoid this?

Yeah I've done this a few times x_x

"oh, the invisible hand wants me to snuggle up to the enemy skeleton, okay"

Skirn

Played about a hour and half of the game so far (haven't even got to the first hub yet). But my god the game is incredible, the interface, combat and role-playing all feels incredibly right.

My two characters (both player-controlled) are already starting to develop their own distinctive personalities with my female rogue/wizard hybrid leaning towards the alignment of chaotic neutral with a bit of a evil streak within, while my male cleric being more of a lawful do-gooder.

Always amusing to see them clash!

This just made me want to restart and pick No AI -- sounds fun! I'm imagining my companion, who's a ranger-type, to be an asocial prick and a thief.

Wish that at least one of my friends would've picked this up. My pimping of this game failed miserably...

Nete

There is also a bug where if you try to use an action before the animation for a prior skill completes, you will just lose the action points.

None of my quicksave or autosave thumbnails are correct for that particular part of the game, so I have to rely on the in-game clock time when choosing a save to load. This is rather odd.

naib

I know this was asked but not sure if answered. Anyone else missing random letters?
It's readable but irritating.

Edit:
"this see s to be broken" :lol
Mostly Ms and Ws I think.

Rizzi

I'm not very far in. So far all I've really done is get lost in the first town. I did dig up some graves and get murdered though, so good job me.

Gaz_RB

Artistically, Divinity: Original Sin is to Baldur's Gate what Torchlight is to Diablo. Very whimsical, sort of Fable like. I kind of enjoy it, but would have been fine with a more realistic style.

Oh, and Madora is pretty annoying.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Artistically, Divinity: Original Sin is to Baldur's Gate what Torchlight is to Diablo. Very whimsical, sort of Fable like. I kind of enjoy it, but would have been fine with a more realistic style.

Oh, and Madora is pretty annoying.

I don't think it's as cartoony as torchlight. Especially not the environments.

Also I want to play this but I must finish my assignments first. T_T

Top Bottom