• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Nete

I don't think it's as cartoony as torchlight.

Some things are.

BkQRYfg.png

Fortunately, are just a few. At least for now.

Is being referred to as a man as a female an isolated incident with the two drunk legionaires outside the first dungeon or is it a common occurrence?

Have a couple of questions:

Are Identifying glass infinite usage?

After learning recipes from books, can I go ahead and sell them?

Where is the closest storage? Haven't seen one if they exist.

Zukuu

Banned
Have a couple of questions:

Are Identifying glass infinite usage?

After learning recipes from books, can I go ahead and sell them?

Where is the closest storage? Haven't seen one if they exist.
Yes (same for any kind of tool like Repair Hammers afaik)
Yes
at your homestead later in the game

joesmokey

Are there any other reports of people having trouble rendering fonts or is it just me? I submitted a thread on their forums.

MFmyucj.jpg

(taken during the beta but still happens)
WyqnQBe.jpg

I think it's a resolution issue (2560x1440) since I can change it to lower res options and things render correctly. Hopefully this gets patched soon :(.

Edit: Found out from further searching that this occurs if you have AA turned on in your gpu driver settings. Leaving this up in case it helps others!

Why can't your character's avatar just be the face you chose for him with a filter over it to make it look hand-drawn or something? Am I the only one bothered if my character doesn't look like his avatar?

Sarcasm

Why can't your character's avatar just be the face you chose for him with a filter over it to make it look hand-drawn or something? Am I the only one bothered if my character doesn't look like his avatar?

I am a little bit. My characters look like my wife and I..but the avatars don't - couldn't get them close.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Yeah it kinda bugs me a lot. My dude's hair is silvery white with a specific style that isn't even close to being represented properly.

Salsa

mh. I seem to be getting some weird lock ups. Like mini-freezes, rather than just framerate drops

any ideas?

also I wish ther was a name randomizer : (

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
been through the whole town, where can I buy men-at-arms skill books? Who did I overlook?

Best guess? I think the quartermaster might have some. I didn't have a Warrior, so I didn't look specifically though.

mh. I seem to be getting some weird lock ups. Like mini-freezes, rather than just framerate drops

any ideas?

also I wish ther was a name randomizer : (

Think of it as a chance to add Uruguayan culture to the game.

Sounds broken. Will have to try not to exploit.

Its part of the single player game mechanics. It is the reason why I have never paid for things from merchants.

Zeliard

My biggest pet peeve so far is definitely the ambient NPC voices repeating endlessly when you're in dialogue with someone. Otherwise I'm having a blast.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Huh, so it's only the rare background banners, usually for AAA games, that are paid?

To the best of my knowledge, no space is paid for. Valve instead uses sales data to determine which games to feature prominently.

Ceebs

Ugh there is one early fight that is driving me insane.

When you leave from the west gate, you have the battle with 3 undead on the road, then straight ahead is the battle with a bunch hiding in a house, but on the hill above that there is another battle with 3 archers on a rise above another 4, and they all engage at once. I am going crazy here.

My biggest pet peeve so far is definitely the ambient NPC voices repeating endlessly when you're in dialogue with someone. Otherwise I'm having a blast.

Ugggggh Uggnnnnnngh Ugggggggggggggggh

Edit: Lol, beat

Audio loops and dialogue options being reset after each conversation are the main things bugging me at the moment. Latter isn't a big deal but it can make it hard to keep track of things.

Monooboe

Damn I've come to love the music in the game. Came as a suprise, RPGs usually just have that generic fantasy music, which works just fine in most games.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
7 hours straight coop with my friend, god damn.

Game delivers utterly and completely. Incredible so far.

Zeliard

Ugggggh Uggnnnnnngh Ugggggggggggggggh

Edit: Lol, beat

Audio loops and dialogue options being reset after each conversation are the main things bugging me at the moment. Latter isn't a big deal but it can make it hard to keep track of things.

Kinda makes you just want to murder the entire town

Zukuu

Banned
after playing 8 hours straight I'm gonna go to sleep now. The game is just sooooo good. I love it. My only gripe so far is the randomized loot system, which makes rewards feel a bit underwhelming.

Burt

Ugh there is one early fight that is driving me insane.

When you leave from the west gate, you have the battle with 3 undead on the road, then straight ahead is the battle with a bunch hiding in a house, but on the hill above that there is another battle with 3 archers on a rise above another 4, and they all engage at once. I am going crazy here.
Definitely an annoying one. I think I
moved my guys in as close to the rise and on the left as I could so the archers up top didn't have line of sight. Then it's just a matter of freezing/teleporting/CCing the bottom groups till they're done. Teleporting the enemy mage into your melee rather than using it on taking the enemy melee away can help a ton by immediately getting rid of his heals and status annoyances.

How heavily should I invest in intelligence for a Cleric?

I run a cleric, two mages, and a ranger, and little to none has done me alright so far, but that's with a backup healer and the strength-based man-at-arms heal that heals a ton of health instantly. I do plan to put more points in to intelligence as soon as I can, I've just delayed it because I got two pieces of legendary plate that required 10 strength.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Has anyone found a good place to get lock picks? I've found maybe 4 in 7 hours of play, and only managed to successfully pick 1 lock.

Conezays

This. It wasn't too bad playing through my speakers, but it was brutal on headphones. I turned down the voices in settings...don't find them entirely necessary to experience anyways IMO.

Eternia

The first town is so dense, I'm taking hours just exploring every crevice. Then I learned the pet talking skill and went looking for every animal I missed.

I'm also quite glad I'm saving quite a bit (like they said I should), oh boy, those traps...I don't pay enough attention at all even at this early stage of the game.

cheezcake

Just to confirm is the current version v1.0.37.0?

Just did a clean install of windows onto a new SSD and moved some steam games between the drives, not sure if this is the current version

Ugh, does someone have any advice about making characters? I spent like 30 mins in the character creation screen and then quit the game cause I couldn't decide what I wanted. I want some magic, and some brute force, and I don't normally do a lot of stealing/lockpicking but I don't want to miss super awesome sidequests/items because I didn't invest in those skills in advance (especially missing really good items early in the game).

I thought about making a character that's melee/fire magic, and another that's ranged/aeromagic (or whatever it's called), so that one could use oil and then the other could light them on fire in the same turn (not running out of skill points), but then I don't know if it would be better to focus entirely on a strength build instead of splitting it between str/con/int with a focus on str. Or should the focus be on con? I've got decision paralysis, can someone give me a strong recommendation about what to make at the start? What talents should I be getting? Is pet talking worth it? The one that boosts perception? What about the crafting one?

Anyone experiencing performance issues? I mean, It runs well (framerate wise) on ultra...but my fans and temps are getting ridiculously high. GPU usage is at 90% or so.

i5-3570K, 680 SLI.

Durante

7 hours straight coop with my friend, god damn.

Game delivers utterly and completely. Incredible so far.
nicegorillasharkhighflpq10.png

Anyone experiencing performance issues? I mean, It runs well (framerate wise) on ultra...but my fans and temps are getting ridiculously high. GPU usage is at 90% or so.

i5-3570K, 680 SLI.
Enable frame limiting and/or Vsync if you don't want your system to be fully used - it's the SC2 menu all over again :p

Sarcasm

Well CoOp is awesome! Wish the chat ingame was better setup..possible chat bubbles. How many players total can you have?

Durante

Yep, that was my first stop...unfortunately, it didn't change a thing (Heat & usage wise).
Then you either need to cap it lower or get better cooling or reduce the settings or live with it. Basically, your issue is that the game is too effective at using your hardware.

Well CoOp is awesome! Wish the chat ingame was better setup..possible chat bubbles. How many players total can you have?
I'd strongly suggest playing with voice chat. Too much stuff going on in the game that needs to be communicated.

Top Bottom