• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Who 60th Anniversary Specials | Official Trailer

Krathoon

The big bad was a great idea. Fits in with the whole god thing.

Now, I am going to have to watch Pyramids of Mars again.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Fair play to Russell T Davies for admitting that the ratings for the show are poor. I wonder if he'll take it on board and change things?

YCoCg

Fair play to Russell T Davies for admitting that the ratings for the show are poor. I wonder if he'll take it on board and change things?
Maybe not putting the two shittest episodes first when it's meant to be a relaunch? The rest of the series has been a big improvement over them.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I am seven minutes into ep5 and this is legit creepy

Edit: I definitely need to watch more Welsh folk horror. The Feast was the only movie in the genre that I've seen, and this episode was my first for TV. Need more.

Last edited:

Tams

How about he doesn't get hired to write/showrun again?

Nu-Who has been going pretty much two decades now. It either needs a haitus again or new people running it.

I've long given up on it, but I am concerned new people would make it even worse though.

FunkMiller

How about he doesn't get hired to write/showrun again?

Nu-Who has been going pretty much two decades now. It either needs a haitus again or new people running it.

I've long given up on it, but I am concerned new people would make it even worse though.

When Gatwa’s run ends after two seasons (because Disney), it would be good for a four or five year hiatus, and then a reboot. Do it in universe, with some sort of time travelling, reality shifting fuckery, and go back to the 1st Doctor, played by someone new. Throw out all the terrible story shit from the last ten years, and start again.

Or, do a reboot at the movies with a whole new crew, like the Cushing films.

nush

Do it in universe, with some sort of time travelling, reality shifting fuckery,
ifaC_O.gif

Dr. Claus

Banned
When Gatwa’s run ends after two seasons (because Disney), it would be good for a four or five year hiatus, and then a reboot. Do it in universe, with some sort of time travelling, reality shifting fuckery, and go back to the 1st Doctor, played by someone new. Throw out all the terrible story shit from the last ten years, and start again.

Or, do a reboot at the movies with a whole new crew, like the Cushing films.
Nah. Just go back to Matt smiths end and reboot from there. Pretend everything since was a gas leak.

Krathoon

RTD essentially "gayed up" the show. It is a annoying trend.
He already had Torchwood as his gay show.

Last edited:

YCoCg

*breaths* You know I forgot how much of a let down RTD is with finales. The biggest one that annoyed me was that Sutketh had a plausible way of getting back into the universe and following the Doctor from the recent specials, but nope! They made it so Sutketh has been chilling on the TARDIS for centuries despite how many times it being crashed and destroyed by this point? It made his waiting game literally pointless.

FunkMiller

I’m clearly not going to watch this poorly written trash, but I have seen on social media that Sutekh is supposed to have been latched onto the Tardis the entire time?

How exactly? Everyone knows what’s happened to the Tardis on repeated occasions.

How can RTD just completely ignore years of canon? Is he secretly Chris Chibnall?

What a fucking dire end to a once great show.

Last edited:

Krathoon

Man. This final episode of the season was totally stupid. It was like RTD was drunk when writing it.

Made no damn sense. The more you think about it, the more it falls apart.

This season actually feels worse that Chibnall's stuff. At least Chibnall's stuff made sense.

Krathoon

I guess the idea was that Sutekh "merged" with the TARDIS and waited. He hid himself on a molecular level with the TARDIS.

Still, that falls apart because the TARDIS was "twined" when they defeated the Toymaker. So, did that twin Sutekh?

Also, Ruby somehow remembers everything from when she was a baby. Yeah, right.

The whole thing is stupid. I am amazed it made it on television.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Space Babies was the worst episode of Who ... EVER! It was made for 5 yr olds.

Granted I've missed the last few episodes because of not having D+

Krathoon

I can officially say that the writing is garbage now. Way to go.

Enough with keeping things vague and barely explaining things.

YCoCg

I guess the idea was that Sutekh "merged" with the TARDIS and waited. He hid himself on a molecular level with the TARDIS.

Still, that falls apart because the TARDIS was "twined" when they defeated the Toymaker. So, did that twin Sutekh?
The memes have been the best thing about this since it's such an insane concept

Krathoon

Yeah. Doctor Who is dead. RTD killed it with his stupidity.

Goddamn it was dumb.

I don't see how they managed to film it without someone saying it was stupid.

Krathoon

Here is a better way to do Sutekh surviving the void.

Did you see that he can cut the void with his claws? He cut a hole and left to a random part of spacetime.

Then, he caught up to the Doctor in his own TARDIS.

Last edited:

Krathoon

The memes have been the best thing about this since it's such an insane concept

Oh yeah. The TARDIS fucking blew up. What the hell?

I am amazed at how much this episode pissed me off. Did RTD have a brain injury?

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Banned
I’m clearly not going to watch this poorly written trash, but I have seen on social media that
Sutekh is supposed to have been latched onto the Tardis the entire time?

How exactly? Everyone knows what’s happened to the Tardis on repeated occasions.

How can RTD just completely ignore years of canon? Is he secretly Chris Chibnall?

What a fucking dire end to a once great show.

Yep. The same TARDIS that has been blown up, attacked, destroyed, burned, invaded, and numerous other things over the years. Mind you this is from the same retards who thought that changing the Doctor from a simple good natured nerd who wanted to explore and see what the universe had to offer to a “diverse and culturally sensitive chosen one” was a good idea.

Krathoon

Yeah. I remember that episode with Rose when she saved her father.

The TARDIS was ripped from it's shell and it re-materialized with a new one.

Explain that, RTD.

Last edited:

Krathoon

It goes to show that the showrunners don't really care about the show anymore.

They are half assing it.

The production is brilliant, but the source material is lacking.

Hell, Love and Monsters was a better episode than this one.

Last edited:

Krathoon

I am amazed at how such a well produced show made such a dumb mistake.

Also, the whole thing hinges on Ruby's memory and she was a baby.

That is the other absurd part.

The show acts like it all makes sense, but it doesn't. It deserves to be mocked.

Last edited:

Krathoon

This is the first time I have really disliked some episodes of Doctor Who. They are just so badly written. The last two episodes of this season are awful.

FunkMiller

Yep. The same TARDIS that has been blown up, attacked, destroyed, burned, invaded, and numerous other things over the years. Mind you this is from the same retards who thought that changing the Doctor from a simple good natured nerd who wanted to explore and see what the universe had to offer to a “diverse and culturally sensitive chosen one” was a good idea.

The diversity/inclusivity stuff is one thing...

...but the writing in general is fucking dreadful. Monumentally awful.

For the last ten years, give or take a few exceptions. That's been the biggest issue with Doctor Who this entire time. The talent in the writing is woeful. Grade school level stuff.

Apart from anything, when you just ignore previous stories completely, it's super fucking insulting to people who did a much better job than you. I wonder what Moffat thought of the Sutekh bullshit, given the stuff he wrote for Matt Smith.

RTD is a fucking hack.

Last edited:

Krathoon

They need to make a character that is constantly doing weird stuff and the Doctor is totally oblivious to it.

Because Ruby is just totally normal.

Dr. Claus

Banned
“Hey remember that story and character arc that was almost universally reviled among fans? Let’s do that!”

It’s like they want this to fail, or they are so up their own ass they think they can pull it off.

FunkMiller

Fucking Star Wars again!

The fat idiot is praising Rian Johnson for trying to make Rey an ordinary person... while he's working on a show that deliberately altered the Doctor's canon to say that he isn't an ordinary person, and is in fact the same kind of bullshit 'chosen one' as Rey turned out to be.

Utter fucking clown shoes.

Krathoon

Oh, I have totally lost respect for RTD after these last two episodes.

It is kind of like Terry Pratchet when his mind started to go.

Krathoon

The Doctor Who podcast is kind of fake. You have these fake hosts kissing RTDs butt.

It cracks me up.

The whole thing is such a machine now. The same with the Doctor Who magazine.

Man. The more I think about that last episode it just gets stupider and stupider.

It is like they tried to be clever and it came out stupid.

Last edited:
Top Bottom