• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does Xbox have permission now to charge $700 for their rumoured handheld?

recursive

True, but that's exactly my point. Sony is just the latest salvo in price raising in this space. $600 < $700....the premise of this post is essentially asking where does this plateau?
In this case with the pro my hope is that Sony sees it as the premium product in this generational line up. They know it won't have mass market penetration. Hopefully they are smart enough to realize that ps6 needs to be priced in a way that appeals to the mass market.

Personally I see MS pricing their 2tb xbox sx at $600 is a more egregious position. It is the same as the base model with only a storage upgrade. I think this is a better indicator of pricing trends.

We shall see with the upcoming sales.

More importantly, what would they call this thing.

It’s not a box, so “Xbox… blah blah blah” is out of the question.

There’s “Xcloud” so…

Xpad?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
More importantly, what would they call this thing.

It’s not a box, so “Xbox… blah blah blah” is out of the question.

There’s “Xcloud” so…

Xpad?

PLIxmgZ.jpeg

RoboCain

Well is hard to tell, as history is being written right now. 500USD used to be the ceiling for a console and 300ish for a handheld but PC handhelds prices are more in line with PC parts/prebuilt towers/gaming laptops.

The line between a PC and a Console is getting blurrier everyday so anything can go. I'd say pricing will depends on the status of the Xbox ecosystem at the time of release.

If the handheld were to be released today, and the device would work only with the current Xbox OS, I'd expect for it to be arround USD500 as MS is not going to take the hit Valve is taking with the Deck.

If the handheld were to be released later down the line and allow third party apps on it and there is no garantee of future revenue coming from their store, I'd say it could be something more in line with the rest of the PC handhelds in the market ~USD800.

Top Bottom