• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Kong Country Returns |OT| Retro Studios Has Done It Again!

KevinCow

Banned
flak57 said:
DKC didn't use any of the established elements from previous games in the franchise, and therefore is a shitty use of the franchise. Massive insult to Nintendo.

It did, though. Before DKC, what was there to know about DK? Donkey Kong took place in a construction site/factory, and DK threw things, primarily barrels. Donkey Kong Jr. took place in the jungle and let Jr. climb up vines. They were pretty simple games. There wasn't a whole lot else to get from them.

The DKC games brought a lot of these things to a more complex platformer the same way many aspects of DK and Mario Bros. made it into Super Mario Bros. Barrels of all different sorts play a major role in them, jungles and factories are pretty common level types, and vines and ropes are plentiful; DKC2 even borrows the DK Jr. mechanic of climbing up faster when holding two ropes and climbing down faster when holding only one.

The original games are also frequently referenced. Hell, the first thing you see in DKC1 after the Rare and Nintendo logos is Cranky standing on the classic red DK girders playing the classic DK theme music.

Jungle Beat, on the other hand, hardly recognizes previous DK games at all, Classic or Country. It's not really a good comparison at all.

Socreges said:
And how about Diddy Kong Racing? Rare stripped Diddy from his familiar environments, included none of his traditional friends or foes, and had him race around in vehicles. Not even a mine cart!

Rare totally slapped Rare in the face with that one.

Well it's a known fact that Diddy Kong Racing started out as a sequel to R.C. Pro-Am and had Diddy and co. added in relatively late in production, so it's not the best game to help your argument. :p

Socreges

Banned
KevinCow said:
Well it's a known fact that Diddy Kong Racing started out as a sequel to R.C. Pro-Am and had Diddy and co. added in relatively late in production, so it's not the best game to help your argument. :p
You haven't explained how that makes any difference whatsoever.*

*it doesn't :p

Socreges

Banned
KevinCow said:
The original games are also frequently referenced. Hell, the first thing you see in DKC1 after the Rare and Nintendo logos is Cranky standing on the classic red DK girders playing the classic DK theme music.

Jungle Beat, on the other hand, hardly recognizes previous DK games at all, Classic or Country. It's not really a good comparison at all.
:lol

Donkey Kong Country

Donkey Kong - Cranky Kong is said to be the Donkey Kong from this game (+ DKJr., DKII) who fought Mario in some of his own games. The Oil Drums from the first stage of this game were also featured in Donkey Kong Country at Oil Drum Alley.

Jungle Beat

Donkey Kong: At the very beginning of the Cactus/Ghastly King battles, part of his theme song is a remix of the tune that plays when Donkey Kong climbs atop the construction site with Pauline.
Donkey Kong Country: The entire concept of collecting bananas and riding Animal Buddies originated from this game. Also, Karate Kong bears a slight resemblance to Cranky Kong. Additionally, Barrels appear in the stage select menu, and the background music that's played in Dawn Savanna, after clearing clearing any boss stage, and the ending are remixes of the Jungle Hijinxs theme song.

Yet you say "frequently" for DKC and then "hardly" for Jungle Beat. What are you even basing that off of?

agrajag

Banned
CoffeeJanitor said:
Most of DKC2's difficulty comes from its crappy hit detection. DKCR's comes from its difficult level design.

bullshit. DKCR has just as bad if not worse hit detection than DKC2. I for one never died in DKC2 because of bad hit detection.

flak57

KevinCow said:
It did, though. Before DKC, what was there to know about DK? Donkey Kong took place in a construction site/factory, and DK threw things, primarily barrels. Donkey Kong Jr. took place in the jungle and let Jr. climb up vines. They were pretty simple games. There wasn't a whole lot else to get from them.

The DKC games brought a lot of these things to a more complex platformer the same way many aspects of DK and Mario Bros. made it into Super Mario Bros. Barrels of all different sorts play a major role in them, jungles and factories are pretty common level types, and vines and ropes are plentiful; DKC2 even borrows the DK Jr. mechanic of climbing up faster when holding two ropes and climbing down faster when holding only one.

The point you are attempting to help argue is ridiculous.

One of the first things you see in Jungle Beat is DK holding a barrel.
There are forests.
There are vines.

That about mostly covers the same similarities between DKC and the older games.

If you want to throw DKC in the mix of prior games to JB, JB features banana collecting, animal riding, and a character design that isn't entirely different than all previous games that feature DK.

Gin

really hope there is a dkcr 2

i would love a snow map and amusement park map :D

also - more animal buddies to ride around would be great

coming from metroid prime which had amazing music - i am disappointed by the lack of music in this game. i also wish they could improve the music in dkcr 2

KevinCow

Banned
I think little things like a basic setting or element or a small reference count more when going from a couple basic four-screen games to a full 2D platformer than when going from one full 2D platformer to another. But maybe that's just me.

It's beside the point, anyway. The point is that the transition from DK and DK Jr. to DKC is similar to the transition from DK and Mario Bros. to Super Mario Bros. I don't think it's fair to say that Rare just did their own thing and slapped DK on it as I've seen people do before, and I don't think you can equate what Rare took from DK to what EAD Tokyo took from Rare, because Rare had far less to go on.

I think the comparison of Jungle Beat to Super Mario Bros. 2 that someone made earlier is pretty apt. They're good games, but they're very different from other games in the series, and you kinda wonder why they're in the series at all instead of being their own thing. Of course, we know that this was the case with SMB2 and it was changed for sales purposes. I kinda wonder if Jungle Beat started life as a DK project.

I don't even agree with him that JB is a terrible use of the DK license, though I do think they could've utilized it a bit more. Like I don't get why the animal buddies are completely new when the wildebeest could've been Rambi and the birds could've easily been Squawks.

Bluth54

agrajag said:
bullshit. DKCR has just as bad if not worse hit detection than DKC2. I for one never died in DKC2 because of bad hit detection.

I love the Rare Donkey Kong Country games but they had absolutely awful hit detection. I noticed it back when I was a kid playing them when they first came out and I noticed it back when I replayed them on the Virtual Console last year.

Donkey Kong Country Returns has amazing hit detection compared to the original trilogy. It isn't even close.

flak57

KevinCow said:
I think little things like a basic setting or element or a small reference count more when going from a couple basic four-screen games to a full 2D platformer than when going from one full 2D platformer to another. But maybe that's just me.

They weren't going from one full 2D platformer to another. DKC, Jungle Beat, and the original games are not in the same series. DK94 was released a half a year before DKC and was the actual continuation of the original games.

KevinCow said:
It's beside the point, anyway. The point is that the transition from DK and DK Jr. to DKC is similar to the transition from DK and Mario Bros. to Super Mario Bros. I don't think it's fair to say that Rare just did their own thing and slapped DK on it as I've seen people do before, and I don't think you can equate what Rare took from DK to what EAD Tokyo took from Rare, because Rare had far less to go on.

Rare did do their own thing. You end up playing as a monkey with banana hair fighting crocodile pirates.

KevinCow said:
I think the comparison of Jungle Beat to Super Mario Bros. 2 that someone made earlier is pretty apt. They're good games, but they're very different from other games in the series, and you kinda wonder why they're in the series at all instead of being their own thing. Of course, we know that this was the case with SMB2 and it was changed for sales purposes. I kinda wonder if Jungle Beat started life as a DK project.

No it isn't, because Super Mario Bros 2 is called Super Mario Bros 2. DK:JB wasn't called DKC4, and DKC wasn't called Donkey Kong 4.

AniHawk

jarosh said:
are you out of your mind

I dunno about it being as bad as DKC Rare, but there were times where I would clearly be descending upon the baddie, and because I hit an ear or a tail feather, it would damage/kill DK.

And then there were parts where I would jump, hit the smallest corner of something, and DK would bounce back like he'd run into a brick wall. It didn't happen all the time, but enough for me to take note.

Model 500

Just came in to comment to every "run & jump & react & swing" game fan that this is a wondeful game with great controls, fast gameplay and great production values, excellent fun! I was worried about the speed and flow of the gameplay when I saw the vids, but even the first level proved me wrong when I actually played it myself. I'm now on World 6. A must have in my books!

:)

Dascu

My opinion of this game has worsened the more I play of it. I actually rage quit during a level, something I practically never do. The level design is trail&error and awfully frustrating at moments. No way in hell I'm going to bother with collecting all the items for the secret K-levels.

Sorry Retro, better luck next time.
I didn't like Metroid Prime much either.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ben2749 said:
Just bad wording. They reacquired the *full* rights. They certainly didn't have free reign with Donkey Kong back then. They even had to put "used with permission from Rare" in the credits of games that Donkey Kong appeared in back then, such as Mario Kart 64.
Nintendo has always had full rights to DK. DK GB which came out in 1994 (same year as DKC) clarifies this multiple time in the credits:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP4mGChLn2E&t=2m33s

When they credit Rare it is usually for the 3D model of DK, like in Super Circuit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIqzPtdKzx4t=3m40s

Dascu said:
My opinion of this game has worsened the more I play of it. I actually rage quit during a level, something I practically never do. The level design is trail&error and awfully frustrating at moments. No way in hell I'm going to bother with collecting all the items for the secret K-levels.

Sorry Retro, better luck next time.
I didn't like Metroid Prime much either.

I like DKCR, but the difficulty is way beyond my skill level. I've just gotten to the first level of world 3, and it's a nightmare for me. I had to use the Super Guide three times in the beach world. It's all I can do to drag DK's bruised and battered body to the end of a level most of the time.

I think I might have to call it a day soon and trade it in ^^; I can't see myself playing it much because there's too much pain for too little reward for me. Hell, New Super Mario Bros was too hard for me. I can't get off that stupid ice world on there.

Peff

Android18a said:
I like DKCR, but the difficulty is way beyond my skill level. I've just gotten to the first level of world 3, and it's a nightmare for me. I had to use the Super Guide three times in the beach world. It's all I can do to drag DK's bruised and battered body to the end of a level most of the time.

I think I might have to call it a day soon and trade it in ^^; I can't see myself playing it much because there's too much pain for too little reward for me. Hell, New Super Mario Bros was too hard for me. I can't get off that stupid ice world on there.

Really?

Yeah, trade it in ASAP :p World 4 is when the difficulty sets in.

apana

I beat the game and got some of the k levels and yeah I think it will probably take some time to beat all of them. This is a very difficult game, but just because a game is beyond your skill level doesn't make it a bad or flawed game. Retro are becoming my favorite developers. I have put so much time into Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2, and now DKCR. Hopefully they work on Starfox next, or maybe make a 3D platformer.

Somnid

Android18a said:

I actually have respect for this. I think more than a few people people are unwilling to admit weaksauceness when it comes to this game and more willing to blame the game itself. I myself will likely quit around time trails. I don't have that patience and skill to do perfect runs in every level. It's been quite a while when my expectation might not be to 100% a game. Reminds me of the old days.

Bluth54 said:
I love the Rare Donkey Kong Country games but they had absolutely awful hit detection. I noticed it back when I was a kid playing them when they first came out and I noticed it back when I replayed them on the Virtual Console last year.

Donkey Kong Country Returns has amazing hit detection compared to the original trilogy. It isn't even close.

Yeah, this.

Of all things people bring up, they bring up THIS in unfavorable comparison to the original series????????

The hit detection in this game is perfect.................

when compared to the older 2(not sure about the third one).

It's probably not exactly 100% but it's one of the first things I noticed but to be honest, unlike some, I never found the hit detection to be a problem in Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2 because it's consistent and adaptable and for me, not even a big flaw.

Can somebody post a link to a video showcasing Donkey Kong Country's allegedly bad hit detection? There are thousands of DKC videos on youtube so it shouldn't be too hard for you to find an example. Of course I'm probably wasting my time asking this since I'm pretty sure the DKC-has-bad-hit-detection meme is part of a massive in joke that I missed the memo for (based on the fact that DKC's hit detection is flawless).

nincompoop said:
Can somebody post a link to a video showcasing Donkey Kong Country's allegedly bad hit detection? There are thousands of DKC videos on youtube so it shouldn't be too hard for you to find an example. Of course I'm probably wasting my time asking this since I'm pretty sure the DKC-has-bad-hit-detection meme is part of a massive in joke that I missed the memo for (based on the fact that DKC's hit detection is flawless).

In the original series, you often bounced off of not the enemy but a space close to the enemy.

The older games are notorious for this trait.

They weren't an issue for me but you're not going to win any arguments pretending they didn't exist.

nincompoop said:
I love DKC, but even I wouldn't say its hit detection is flawless. I was playing with my brother some time ago and he cartwheeled through a Klaptrap. Of course, since then he'll always try to do it again, but he always ending up failing. :lol

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
In the original series, you often bounced off of not the enemy but a space close to the enemy.

The older games are notorious for this trait.

They weren't an issue for me but you're not going to win any arguments pretending they didn't exist.
Well I never noticed them and I never heard anybody mention them until a couple of months ago, which is why I'd like to see some evidence that they exist.

Sill4

the hit detection of the old games is being severely exaggerated. Most non-Nintendo games of that era had problems like that, and DKC's weren't even all that bad.

The Tiki's are indeed poor enemies.

My main complaint with the game is something I haven't seen anyone bring up.....the voice acting. DK sounds like the damn Cookie Crisp dog.

flak57

nincompoop said:
Well I never noticed them and I never heard anybody mention them until a couple of months ago, which is why I'd like to see some evidence that they exist.
Same. I also have never heard it mentioned until recently, and I've never had an issue with it.

Edit: I've said before though, there are a lot of limbs flying around in DKC, so maybe that caused some confusion for some people as to where the hit boxes were, but not for others like us.

Sill4 said:
My main complaint with the game is something I haven't seen anyone bring up.....the voice acting. DK sounds like the damn Cookie Crisp dog.
That's one of the things I noticed, too. Donkey and Diddy had the perfect voices in DK64!

m.i.s.

Banned
You know, I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't just put in a "easy / normal / hard" difficulty option as many of the best games do. Too hard? Lower the difficulty level on an options screen, allow yourself to become accustomed to the game and then you can increase the difficulty level as YOU see fit.

I think you reach past a certain age, where your reflexes just can't cope anymore.

AniHawk

M.I.S. said:
You know, I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't just put in a "easy / normal / hard" difficulty option as many of the best games do. Too hard? Lower the difficulty level on an options screen, allow yourself to become accustomed to the game and then you can increase the difficulty level as YOU see fit.

I think you reach past a certain age, where your reflexes just can't cope anymore.

Well they do have a "let the game play itself for you" mode.

m.i.s.

Banned
AniHawk said:
Well they do have a "let the game play itself for you" mode.

The problem with this is it just doesn't allow you to play and become acquainted with the game at your own level and at your own pace.

But this is just so typical Nintendo isn't it? ie nannying or babysitting for you. Or looked at another way, attempting to reinvent the wheel when other games already use a variable difficulty option.

udivision

Wouldn't a difficulty system for this just be more hit points?

I mean, you can't expect them to change the actual layout of the levels.

upandaway

M.I.S. said:

The way I look at it, the answer to "too hard?" would be "play the earlier levels until you become better." Or "play that level until you can beat it." It's you beating the game, not you playing the game until it reaches the end (like *cough* a lot of games lately).

Though, I never really liked difficulty levels to begin with so maybe my opinion is a bit skewed.

KevinCow

Banned
The problem with difficulty settings in platformers is you can't just adjust a few variables like most games. Adjusting health, enemy health, enemy accuracy/attack frequency, and whatever else won't do nearly as much to the difficulty level as an FPS or action game. In DKCR in particular, most of your deaths are probably gonna come from bottomless pits. Making that easier requires a bit of tweaking the level design itself.

It's not impossible. I think the Mega Man series had a good idea in Powered-Up and 10 of having special blocks show up in the easiest mode. They look very distinct so when they save you, you know it's only because you're playing on easy mode, but you do get to keep playing instead of plopping down on those spikes. Maybe they could go the I Wanna Be the Guy route and have more or fewer checkpoints depending on the difficulty level (and yes, I do recognize the irony of referencing IWBTG when talking about ways to make the game easier). But it's still a lot more work than adjusting a few values.

I think the Super Guide is a bit of an ill conceived idea. I can see the logic behind it: they want everyone to be able to see the full game, and they don't want people to get stuck on one level. But people don't get games to watch them, they get games to play them. Sure, playing through the level will let them see more of the game, but to what end? If they can't beat this level, how do you think they're gonna fare on the next one, or on the next world, or on the last world? They're just gonna die more and more, rely on letting the game play itself more and more, and have less and less fun.

Making games that are accessible to everyone is an admirable goal. Removing the player from the equation isn't the answer, though.

jarosh

KevinCow said:
The problem with difficulty settings in platformers is you can't just adjust a few variables like most games. Adjusting health, enemy health, enemy accuracy/attack frequency, and whatever else won't do nearly as much to the difficulty level as an FPS or action game. In DKCR in particular, most of your deaths are probably gonna come from bottomless pits. Making that easier requires a bit of tweaking the level design itself.

It's not impossible. I think the Mega Man series had a good idea in Powered-Up and 10 of having special blocks show up in the easiest mode. They look very distinct so when they save you, you know it's only because you're playing on easy mode, but you do get to keep playing instead of plopping down on those spikes. Maybe they could go the I Wanna Be the Guy route and have more or fewer checkpoints depending on the difficulty level (and yes, I do recognize the irony of referencing IWBTG when talking about ways to make the game easier). But it's still a lot more work than adjusting a few values.

I think the Super Guide is a bit of an ill conceived idea. I can see the logic behind it: they want everyone to be able to see the full game, and they don't want people to get stuck on one level. But people don't get games to watch them, they get games to play them. Sure, playing through the level will let them see more of the game, but to what end? If they can't beat this level, how do you think they're gonna fare on the next one, or on the next world, or on the last world? They're just gonna die more and more, rely on letting the game play itself more and more, and have less and less fun.

Making games that are accessible to everyone is an admirable goal. Removing the player from the equation isn't the answer, though.
maybe the perfect approach would be a combination of those two philosophies. instead of having the super guide pop up after you lose ~10 lives, have the option for a super guide mode pop up. this new mode would basically be like a temporary super easy setting with additional blocks/platforms to help with bottomless pits and less enemies and an extra heart or two. once you've cleared the level it would go back to normal mode. not that i'd personally ever make use of something like that, but it would certainly be better than the current non-interactive super guide.

Dascu

A rocket section before the boss and you can't get Diddy again if you die during the fight.

How lovely.

I'm going to give it another try later today, but the game has managed to frustrate me quite a bit. I don't mind challenge at all, but I feel the majority of my deaths are due to bad game design and not lack of skill.

ismaboof

Dascu said:
A rocket section before the boss and you can't get Diddy again if you die during the fight.

How lovely.

That perplexed me too. The rocket section was fun, but having to replay it to get Diddy back makes no sense.

jarosh

i was gonna abandon this game after getting all the kong letters and pearls and play epic mickey instead. but now i'm almost kinda glad mickey turned out to be such a disaster. it made me go back to dkcr to get all the puzzle pieces. i thought it would be tedious as hell, but instead it just reaffirmed my love for the game and its brilliant level design. the stuff i really liked the first time around, i appreciate even more now. the forest (world 5) for example. it really is my favorite world. so much fantastic platforming, perfectly paced, ingeniously designed. it also seems to have the best music of all the worlds.

i'm sure my new, even stronger appreciation of the game has a lot to do with how familiar i am with the levels, the controls and the pacing. but something else plays into it: i don't ever stop anymore to blow on anything because i know i've gotten all the puzzle pieces from flowers etc. this might sound like a minor complaint, but i think the blowing is the single most distracting and counterproductive mechanic in the game. it's a nice gimmick in theory and i like some of its applications, but it really hinders the flow of the game and just gets in the way. unlike the stomping, which is both immediate in how it's used - despite having to come to a halt - and visceral and forceful in its effect on the world, the blowing is cumbersome in execution and often has a delayed and slow, almost gradual impact impact on its subject. this is at odds with the game's frantic pace, its vigorous and energetic protagonists and the weighty physics, all of which are accompanied by the equally intense but sharp sound design. yes, why indeed is no one talking about the brilliant sound design in this game? too much attention is focused on the somewhat disappointing music.

i have also finally found enjoyment in world 4, which all of a sudden seemed much less frustrating: the mine cart levels were... fun! looking for the missing puzzle pieces now seemed like a brisk and almost cheerful task. i didn't die much anymore and avoiding the cruely placed obstacles felt satisfying and easy even.

and let me close by re-iterating one more time how gorgeous dkcr is, how fantastic the art, how charming and almost flawless the entire visual aspect of the game. retro has some of the most amazing artists in the industry. the unlocked artwork from the puzzle pieces really drive this point home!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
jarosh said:
i was gonna abandon this game after getting all the kong letters and pearls and play epic mickey instead. but now i'm almost kinda glad mickey turned out to be such a disaster. it made me go back to dkcr to get all the puzzle pieces. i thought it would be tedious as hell, but instead it just reaffirmed my love for the game and its brilliant level design. the stuff i really liked the first time around, i appreciate even more now. the forest (world 5) for example. it really is my favorite world. so much fantastic platforming, perfectly paced, ingeniously designed. it also seems to have the best music of all the worlds.

i'm sure my new, even stronger appreciation of the game has a lot to do with how familiar i am with the levels, the controls and the pacing. but something else plays into it: i don't ever stop anymore to blow on anything because i know i've gotten all the puzzle pieces from flowers etc. this might sound like a minor complaint, but i think the blowing is the single most distracting and counterproductive mechanic in the game. it's a nice gimmick in theory and i like some of its applications, but it really hinders the flow of the game and just gets in the way. unlike the stomping, which is both immediate in how it's used - despite having to come to a halt - and visceral and forceful in its effect on the world, the blowing is cumbersome in execution and often has a delayed and slow, almost gradual impact impact on its subject. this is at odds with the game's frantic pace, its vigorous and energetic protagonists and the weighty physics, all of which are accompanied by the equally intense but sharp sound design. yes, why indeed is no one talking about the brilliant sound design in this game? too much attention is focused on the somewhat disappointing music.

i have also finally found enjoyment in world 4, which all of a sudden seemed much less frustrating: the mine cart levels were... fun! looking for the missing puzzle pieces now seemed like a brisk and almost cheerful task. i didn't die much anymore and avoiding the cruely placed obstacles felt satisfying and easy even.

and let me close by re-iterating one more time how gorgeous dkcr is, how fantastic the art, how charming and almost flawless the entire visual aspect of the game. retro has some of the most amazing artists in the industry. the unlocked artwork from the puzzle pieces really drive this point home!

i agree with everything. everything! world 5 is also my favorite. i find myself replaying levels there just for the hell of it.

it's unbelievable how much i've played this game. i started up mirror mode as an excuse to run through the levels again and now i'm 180% through there as well. the boss battles are tough as nails from world 3 onwards though.

i thought nothing could top Super Meat Boy for my goty, but i'm probably gonna give DKCR the top slot. there are tons of other games i could be playing, but i always return to this

apana

Dascu said:

How lovely.

I'm going to give it another try later today, but the game has managed to frustrate me quite a bit. I don't mind challenge at all, but I feel the majority of my deaths are due to bad game design and not lack of skill.

I think it's to stop people from trying to use that potion which protects you for ten hits. It feels so amazing when you beat that boss though, and I disagree about the bad game design comment.

So I’ve been getting shiny gold medals and I did one today that I’m really proud of more than any I've gotten so far!

Tree Top Bop – 40.05! I feel like I did everything right! So here’s a challenge...can anyone here do a better time? :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
so I just did all the K levels. World 6 scarred me (the only K level I unlocked on my first run-tthrough), I thought they'd all be brutal, but it turns out 6 was the outlier, the rest were just fun.

I spent ages trying to beat 9-1. I don't like it when they don't include a Diddy barrel at the beginning of a level. Making me go all the way out of the level to finish another with Diddy is totally pointless.

I still haven't done it yet but I'm enjoying myself. Playing through most of the game again, I realised I was giving World 1 and 2 a bad rap (wrap? I don't know how to write this expression). There's so much creativity even in those first levels, the comparison to EAD Tokyo's "here's one awesome idea after another" is so apt. This game is so damn, for lack of phrase, fashionable. It's extremely 2010, in the best ways possible.

But I stand by my opinion that World 8 is mostly wasted potential. Much less interesting design overall, mostly just a repackaging of older ideas in more frustrating forms, whereas I felt the K areas actually used old ideas in really interesting ways.

Peff

You don't actually need to finish a level with Diddy for him to carry over. Just go to a boss level or any other, open the barrel and exit.

Top Bottom