• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta: INHOUSE LEAGUE Season 1!! FREE HATS

Thorinbei

Neo Member
I believe ihl shouldnt be done after just that. I had 99.99% fun, 1% salt. Maybe we should have a randomizer app made. Random players, random game mode, random fun rules!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No, I'm kidding guys, geez.

But if there aren't people playing it might as well be dead.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
need a better way of organizing people since no one ever pays attention to the neogaf channel. Might want to try getting some people organizing IHL games at X time on X days, see if that helps turnout and avoids the burnout.

Artanisix

Relax, nothing's ending yet. A lot of players getting burned out from the same picks over and over, some getting salty from losing mass games, others from self-perceived "swindles," and some finding the new-ness wearing off. Also it's a weekday, people are a lot more active on weekends. I wish Captain's Draft (as opposed to CM) was in the game already, but other than that just take it easy. Might do what Anbokr posted and schedule some games here and there.

bzm

Relax, nothing's ending yet. A lot of players getting burned out from the same picks over and over, some getting salty from losing mass games, others from self-perceived "swindles," and some finding the new-ness wearing off. Also it's a weekday, people are a lot more active on weekends. I wish Captain's Draft (as opposed to CM) was in the game already, but other than that just take it easy. Might do what Anbokr posted and schedule some games here and there.
play some fucken rd u nards

edit: yo what the fuck, applejacks hat, you never messaged me in game
edit2: i need to turn you into best player in the league before next season starts!

Lirlond

Weekends are best, everyone else is American and I need to be in bed at 11pm bst for work. All the games seem to happen between 12 and 8am

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
xYszG.jpg

Hey people. Don't fear, IHL is marching on. I had a few very busy days and was just too lazy to update the sheet, looks like the rest of the admins similar circumstances. Never fear though, everything is nice and updated now, and we're back on course. See you all on the battlefield.

Also, there have been reports that the right side of the sheet isn't sorting properly for people. It's fine on my screen, but if it's wrong on yours, let me know so we can try to fix this. babychewbacca69 on steam, what's your gaf name? I recognize your av but I'm too lay to look for it.

Also also, http://www.twitch.tv/procarbine is live with IHL test stream. Lirlond and freakinchair doing a casual cast.

Dynamic3

need a better way of organizing people since no one ever pays attention to the neogaf channel. Might want to try getting some people organizing IHL games at X time on X days, see if that helps turnout and avoids the burnout.

All we need to do is utilize the announcement feature in the IHL Steam group. Not everyone is monitoring the thread or has the game running, but many leave Steam running while doing everything else. Simple.

SaberVulcan

All we need to do is utilize the announcement feature in the IHL Steam group. Not everyone is monitoring the thread or has the game running, but many leave Steam running while doing everything else. Simple.

Didnt this happen like, once? I remember seeing it pop up at one point.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
NEVER QUOTE SCOREBOARDS PLEASE.

Please edit those posts ASAP, it's a huge headache for us keeping track. Just take the / out of the second img tag.

Edit: BigAT, it's not as if we just have our friends sit down on one team and new people on the other. Thor and I drafted from the same pool of players, and this is what came out. As trasher said, it's hard to balance well when you don't know how good people are, and even then you leave it to the captains to balance the game via their picks. Once we get a good sense for skill levels, good players won't get slept on and new guys won't be put in awkward positions. The system isn't perfect and not everyone gets to play as much as they want to, but we make a strong effort to work in the new guys. The rule in player drafting is that those that haven't played must be chosen first for the next game, which will eventually get everybody in. And also, it's dota, stomps happen to everyone sometimes.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yes, it's a wonder why less people are playing inhouse games.

I really hate it when people condense games down to simply players. Yes, player skill definitely has an impact. But this is dota. There are one sided competitive games, tmm games, newb games, whatever games. There are hundreds of factors that go into every game: item choice, hero draft, lanes, matchups, misplays, wards, hell even LUCK.

EDIT: also if you really want to play in ihl but never know when it's going on, just add procarbine, anbokr, milkman, or any of the frequenters in this thread to steam friends and we'll let you know. We usually announce to friends, to the gaf channel, and to mumble.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
What I usually do is open Dota and search for games with the neogaf password, will that reliably bring up an IHL game if its open?

Yup. Unless they change the password. It helps if you add some folks from the thread to your friends list so it'll pop up on the list without having to search if there is a game up.

BigAT, it's not as if we just have our friends sit down on one team and new people on the other. Thor and I drafted from the same pool of players, and this is what came out. As trasher said, it's hard to balance well when you don't know how good people are, and even then you leave it to the captains to balance the game via their picks. Once we get a good sense for skill levels, good players won't get slept on and new guys won't be put in awkward positions. The system isn't perfect and not everyone gets to play as much as they want to, but we make a strong effort to work in the new guys. The rule in player drafting is that those that haven't played must be chosen first for the next game, which will eventually get everybody in. And also, it's dota, stomps happen to everyone sometimes.
I highly, highly doubt this will ever happen. There are a lot of players in the league and a lot of them don't play consistently.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I highly, highly doubt this will ever happen. There are a lot of players in the league and a lot of them don't play consistently.

Maybe not for every player, but those that play more regularly we will.

And thanks for those edits, cheers.

EDIT: Just ran my last game, and the ELO average was actually in favor of the dire there.

G-Unit

So i just had two decent IHL games we won, I'm not that bad. Still lower tier but good balancer lol. You hear me cher! and i don't even need you... just kidding. I'm happy I'm improving.

Top Bottom