• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta: INHOUSE LEAGUE Season 1!! FREE HATS

Neki

zk37R.png

broke my rule of never drafting sd, but gdeciever didn't let me down!

Thorinbei

Neo Member
sorry for the nulled game. didn't want to waste everyone's time. (on the plus side, I got a free increase in blood pressure. thanks Morton Salt!)

Neckbeard

I just hope I can be forgiven for last night. I really messed that tri-lane up.

As the other tri-laner in that game and a long-time player with Alumnus, don't take it too personally. He's usually the nicest guy in the game but every once in a while he forgets to remove the stick from his butt.

IHL is open to everyone for a reason. Don't be put out by a few negative comments. Feedback from team-based semi-anonymous play will always be inherently negative. Just do what you can to take something away from each game and "get good."

Not to mention that game was totally stacked in favor of the other team.

As the other tri-laner in that game and a long-time player with Alumnus, don't take it too personally. He's usually the nicest guy in the game but every once in a while he forgets to remove the stick from his butt.

IHL is open to everyone for a reason. Don't be put out by a few negative comments. Feedback from team-based semi-anonymous play will always be inherently negative. Just do what you can to take something away from each game and "get good."

Not to mention that game was totally stacked in favor of the other team.

Thanks man, really some nice people here though lol (like you).

bzm

Thanks man, really some nice people here though lol (like you).

If the game you're talking about is the one I am thinking of (am/veno/tide?), then I suggest you download the rep and watch yourself. You guys stood around doing pretty much nothing -- try to notice how far back and passive you were when you could have easily stood in more aggressive spots and um, actually cast spells...
oh and pull the hard camp

If the game you're talking about is the one I am thinking of (am/veno/tide?), then I suggest you download the rep and watch yourself. You guys stood around doing pretty much nothing -- try to notice how far back and passive you were when you could have easily stood in more aggressive spots and um, actually cast spells...
oh and pull the hard camp
Kk thanks bzm will do. I will play hard for you.

Tetsuo9

After playing a couple of games today I would say to any novice player to not play in the inhouses. People telling you what to do at all times and getting angry about it is not noob-friendly at all.

Artanisix

After playing a couple of games today I would say to any novice player to not play in the inhouses. People telling you what to do at all times and getting angry about it is not noob-friendly at all.

Depends on the players... Some of them can be pretty angry, I think most of us are calm and okay with new people though.

As far as "telling you what to do," well, a lot of players need some direction, and in a team game like this, it helps to have a leadership figure!

Neki

well if you never make a mistake, I wouldn't need to tell you what to do. :p

Tetsuo9

Depends on the players... Some of them can be pretty angry, I think most of us are calm and okay with new people though.

As far as "telling you what to do," well, a lot of players need some direction, and in a team game like this, it helps to have a leadership figure!

Yeah, that's my experience just by playing 2 games. I guess I will just keep playing single drafts until I know better what to do or don't in the game without people yelling at me.

Tenck

Yeah, that's my experience just by playing 2 games. I guess I will just keep playing single drafts until I know better what to do or don't in the game without people yelling at me.

You have to remember it's a team game. One player can ruin it all, so yeah, I don't see how you're ever going to avoid people telling you what to do.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
The truth comes out!

We need to have some off-the-record AR matches every once in a while. I'm sick of seeing and playing against the same heroes every IHL game.

bzm

You just gotta be careful who you play with. Some players like me are super nice and forgiving (check my commendations) and will be super helpful without being mean!

pffffffffft
P.S. Neki shouldn't be giving advice till he gets good kid, etc.

Thorinbei

Neo Member
You just gotta be careful who you play with. Some players like me are super nice and forgiving (check my commendations) and will be super helpful without being mean!

pffffffffft
P.S. Neki shouldn't be giving advice till he gets good kid, etc.

I hear that Thorinbei guy is puhretty nice. You wanna pick pugna IHL? You gots it. Want big dives? He'll lead the way.
(I didn't know treant's pulse thing didnt do aoe damage. -_-)

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

I feel like this is a pretty unfair statement. Out of those two games you played one with me which was mostly silent with generalized direction, no micromanagement at all from what I remember. I remember good jobs being tossed around after good fights, but it was mostly silent because the game was running smoothly.

You will be held to a higher standard than in public games though, and people with criticize you in their own ways. The vast majority are civil, don't let the handful of players (<5) that go nuts when they're losing give a bad name to the body of 150+ players.

Top Bottom