• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta: INHOUSE LEAGUE Season 1!! FREE HATS

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Don't tell pro what to think Sanjay, you're not being friendly at all.

Tetsuo9

I feel like this is a pretty unfair statement. Out of those two games you played one with me which was mostly silent with generalized direction, no micromanagement at all from what I remember. I remember good jobs being tossed around after good fights, but it was mostly silent because the game was running smoothly.

You will be held to a higher standard than in public games though, and people with criticize you in their own ways. The vast majority are civil, don't let the handful of players (<5) that go nuts when they're losing give a bad name to the body of 150+ players.

That's why I replied later that it was just based on 2 games.

Yeah, that's my experience just by playing 2 games. I guess I will just keep playing single drafts until I know better what to do or don't in the game without people yelling at me.

The "problem" itself was more in my second game, but I can't tell who they were. I hope that is more fair.

But yeah, I'm done with the discussion so no need to keep going.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Looking at your second game, it looks like you played with 109 and tswift, both players sometimes let the heat of the game get the better of them and can get a little sassy (outside of games they give very good advice and are quite civil). Like Pro said, I wouldn't let 1-2 players ruin your experience, there's always a mute button, and you have a voice in game that you can speak up with. I'm sure a vet in the midst of yelling wouldn't expect a retort calling them out and clarifying that you are a new player.

This is dota though, the yelling, the advice, the critiquing; it's going to happen again (unfortunately to the first part). You can't avoid it, but you can find ways to deal with it or handle it (mute, mentally ignoring, or speaking up). And I'm not just saying this to make you feel better, but you honestly played a hell of a support both games. I think you were AA the first and SD the second, both difficult support heroes (especially SD); for the most part as a new player, you held your own and did a great job actually harassing in your lane while picking up kills.

I have to say that after playing almost 16 consecutive hours of IHL that....

I have fallen into depression and haven't been able to touch a video game for days.

I keep having trilane nightmares of pillow and yuber insulting my magnificent Tide skills.

I get night terrors and shivers.

Haven't had an erection ever since then either.

I'm taking medication to help me sleep and ease up my nerves.

Haly

dats cuz they r 5 waifus

lik dis if u uguu everytim

Artanisix

I have to say that after playing almost 16 consecutive hours of IHL that....

I have fallen into depression and haven't been able to touch a video game for days.

I keep having trilane nightmares of pillow and yuber insulting my magnificent Tide skills.

I get night terrors and shivers.

Haven't had an erection ever since then either.

I'm taking medication to help me sleep and ease up my nerves.

jesus audie

i still owe you a win

jesus audie

i still owe you a win

That's ok...

forgive%20you.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
yNuRK.jpg

#1 sf world just doin his thing. when these kids guna learn u cant let sf thru the draft??? btw selling signed mousepads for $200, milk just bought a dozen. #challengeverything

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

Neki

just checked stats.dota2.be
my avg sf gpm is 530
yours is 460.4
LOL nT SCRUB

edit: challenge this, n00b

yo this anbokrus maximus would never almost choke and lose to a PL, he'd go that manly skadi helm of the dom build, none of this un-manly Daedalus shit.

bzm

yo this anbokrus maximus would never almost choke and lose to a PL, he'd go that manly skadi helm of the dom build, none of this un-manly Daedalus shit.

There was never a point in that game where we were at risk of losing. Get some gamesense nerd.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
just checked stats.dota2.be
my avg sf gpm is 530
yours is 460.4
LOL nT SCRUB

edit: challenge this, n00b

yo bro difference between low tier games and top .000001%, i have to play rycho everyday u kno? #challengeverything

edit: RIP IHL 7/23/12 - 8/1/12, lasted longer than HoN ihl no???

xero273

yo bro difference between low tier games and top .000001%, i have to play rycho everyday u kno? #challengeverything

edit: RIP IHL 7/23/12 - 8/1/12, lasted longer than HoN ihl no???

Seems like HoN IHL lasted longer. I see a season 2 of the thread

nilbog21

Banned
After playing a couple of games today I would say to any novice player to not play in the inhouses. People telling you what to do at all times and getting angry about it is not noob-friendly at all.

I'm going to have to echo this sentiment. I would never recommend a noob player, even a diligent one, to play in one of these. Way too many angry nerds trying way too hard. I'm not even bad and I get shit on every little mistake. Every time I watch the stream, it's nothing but shitting on people. Though personally I love it :p

However, the people that matter and are actually good and fun to play with are very kind and welcoming to all players as far as I can tell (procarb, milk, pillow, ksan etc). Hopefully they are on your team though, because if you get matched up against them ur teamates are probably going to shit on you for whatever reason they can find (Ikuu, PuppetYubber, doombass, swift,etc etc etc).

Neki

I'm going to have to echo this sentiment. I would never recommend a noob player, even a diligent one, to play in one of these. Way too angry nerds trying way too hard. I'm not even bad and I get shit on every little mistake. Every time I watch the stream, it's nothing but shitting on people. Though personally I love it :p

However, the people that matter and are actually good and fun to play with are very kind and welcoming to all players as far as I can tell (procarb, milk, pillow, ksan etc). Hopefully they are on your team though, because if you get matched up against them ur teamates are probably going to shit on you for whatever reason they can find (Ikuu, PuppetYubber, doombass, swift,etc etc etc).

huge call outs

ikuu worst euro player on gaf confirmed

Haly

Announcing the 3 best players on GAF:

Third place goes to SaberVulcan, who no one knew before IHL, I'm shocked such a great player remained hidden from us all this time.

Second place goes to Seig. I think he's only here because he contested one of his games and I fixed his ELO for him, huge swindles.

First place and the greatest DOTA2 player on GAF of all time goes to...

MILABREGA

If memory serves me right, Milabrega started his MOBADOTA career playing in the League of Legends beta, where he specialized in Ashe because he "liked kiting" as a Frost Mage in WoW. After making the switch to HoN, he quickly realized that playing LoL dulled his senses, and he disappeared in order to train by himself in the mountains. Now, he has made his triumphant return to the world of DOTA by becoming top player in the DOTA2GAF IHL. Truly, there has never been such a momentous leap in e-sport skill. We will all be cheering for him as he guns for a spot on a team in the Third Annual Invitational.

Thank you all for participating in the first DOTA2GAF IHL.

Guesong

Uh...yeah I'm kind of feeling confused here.

Milkman said:
WELCOME TO GAF'S FIRST DOTA2 INHOUSE LEAGUE1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111 omg so cool! This is a several-week-long battle for BIG rewards! Free to enter, free to play!

Do anyone mind filling in what the hell happened during the last two days (as in massive drama I'd assume) to know why it all stops now?

Haly

Honestly I have no idea why IHL died at the beginning of this week. I play Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines for a few days and suddenly all games stop.

SaberVulcan

Hooray I got 3rd. Shame this apparently died down, was gonna see how long I could go undefeated :).

Honestly I have no idea why IHL died at the beginning of this week. I play Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines for a few days and suddenly all games stop.

Yeah man, I was out of town for the weekend, apparently people got disinterested? Idk. Hopefully things pick up this weekend again, this was really fun.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Just like HoN. First, you can only take so much tryhard. Tryharding is fun every now and then, but the competitiveness kind of burned out for me after the 70th consecutive tidehunter/lesh/panda/ck/qop game. Second, no hats and battlepoints. I think after awhile the allure of hats and BP in tmm also draws people away. Third, sore losers. DOTA is a very competitive game that some people take very seriously, they hop into a few super tryhard inhouses with casual or "i'm guna pick PA and stomp" expectations and get crushed or yelled at by a competitive captain. IHL can be intimidating for some people, especially with an elo ladder. Some people just can't bear to see themselves lose or go down, and are too scared to play/captain; the phenomena of "retiring" or avoiding games when you're in a good place.

Hope IHL doesn't join rift, WoW, magicka, SWTOR, smite, *insert wanderlust soon,* as the next 1-2 week fling. Need to find a way to inject some variation/motivation into it. Also, having IHL's go 12 hours a day for the first 3 days certainly doesn't help. A few games a day of tryhardness might have avoided the burnout.

Also think we needed more IHL's started/initiated by non hongaf members like in the first day--that way you have some variety in games (in terms of players, captains, skill level, tryhardness, heroes, etc...). Without hongaf players to start a lobby and sound the rallying call to get players into the lobby, games don't take off (talking about post-first day). Now we're basically reduced to 7-10 hongaf/milkgaf members and the 2-3 brave souls that show up but often spectate.

edit: dayummm sieg dodgin games then invalidatin losses. wheres dat sieg rule!!!! lol

Top Bottom