• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2: INHOUSE LEAGUE Season 2 |OT|

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Any word yet for Valve for the ticket? What art did you got with Anbokr? Also, you still haven't fixed the rules, it says there is 8 rounds of drafting, when there is really only 7 (Captain + 7 for a team of 8)

TUSR

Banned
Any word yet for Valve for the ticket? What art did you got with Anbokr? Also, you still haven't fixed the rules, it says there is 8 rounds of drafting, when there is really only 7 (Captain + 7 for a team of 8)
We still have to finalize a few things before the draft.

Tieske

Neo Member
rofl ties just dont show up again honestly

Wasn't planning to, no worries

damn you got some attitude issues though

context: I was getting slaugthered HARD in an IH game few minutes ago, after a point where I hooked somebody and I couldnt even left click properly to dismemember I figured it was just time to call quits
Doesn't excuse that draft though, sorry for wasting the time of those who were involved.

Low Tier
Wasn't planning to, no worries

damn you got some attitude issues though

context: I was getting slaugthered HARD in an IH game few minutes ago, after a point where I hooked somebody and I couldnt even left click properly to dismemember I figured it was just time to call quits
Doesn't excuse that draft though, sorry for wasting the time of those who were involved.

You actually wasted 9 other players' time (8 since meeru isn't a person) and proceeded to play the victim and go into it with this defeatist attitude. At this point I'm not sure what's funnier, your mid performance or your overall performance.

Tieske

Neo Member
You actually wasted 9 other players' time (8 since meeru isn't a person) and proceeded to play the victim and go into it with this defeatist attitude. At this point I'm not sure what's funnier, your mid performance or your overall performance.

Lmao, of course I knew that was a farce, why do you think I'm stepping down

Keep being a ginormous asshole though

Low Tier
Lmao, of course I knew that was a farce, why do you think I'm stepping down

Keep being a ginormous asshole though

bye
DsrA6Kc.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh, he was that Ember when I was playing Necro. I thought he was really damn good for someone that Dotabuff said only played for 3 months and had a 47% winrate, I was talking to Dreams about him, but I thought he just caught onto the game fast.

Madouu

Tieske, sometimes you just have to chill, bad games happen, and I know sometimes nothing goes our way in dota and we just want to quit the game, but at the end of the day, out of respect to the people that are playing, staying is almost always the best option. If you think the games aren't worth it or if specific people get on your nerves, you can try to avoid or mute them in the future, but quitting a game just because you are not doing your best is selfish. I hope we can agree on that.

Also, yes from the few times I got to interact with 1.09, he can definitely be annoying when he is losing. He is an amazing player though compared to almost everyone else on gaf, so luckily that doesn't happen often. I like to think that it's his desire to always win that can make him easily fling rage comments towards his teammates but it's often in the heat of the moment. I still think more people would benefit from what he has to say if he didn't put everyone on the defensive from the start so much.

My 2 cents.

A LOT OF PEOPLE STILL HAVE NO SOLO MMR. FINISH YOUR CALIBRATIONS.

I don't really want to :/

I like playing Dota, and I like trying to get better at this game, but at this point I don't really want the stress of being calibrated. I understand this puts me at a disadvantage for being drafted, and I've been trying to play more ih games to compensate. I know that's not a substitute, but since having an MMR isn't actually a requirement, I'm going to avoid stressing myself out over what number my skill at this game is.

TUSR

Banned

I like playing Dota, and I like trying to get better at this game, but at this point I don't really want the stress of being calibrated. I understand this puts me at a disadvantage for being drafted, and I've been trying to play more ih games to compensate. I know that's not a substitute, but since having an MMR isn't actually a requirement, I'm going to avoid stressing myself out over what number my skill at this game is.

Don't listen to Haz, play the game and have fun.

I have question about pauses
Each team will be allowed three pauses per week (3 pauses total between the 2 games). Each pause is worth 5 minutes. After 5 minutes of pause time has elapsed, the opposing team’s captain can elect to unpause the game or continue waiting.

Are DC pauses also part of the 3 pauses?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
It's ok, it's not required, but it is helpful for captains (if available).
I guess the only reason I brought it up is if someone knows an unranked person's MMR is higher then they have a pick advantage?
*shrug* (I don't think any uncalibrated players are above 4k though, sans Dreams probably should be 4k)
Don't listen to Haz, play the game and have fun.
But TUSR, wax is a dirty PA picker anyway :CMsmile:

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Are DC pauses also part of the 3 pauses?

Yeah, I was intending them to be. I'm going to up the number of pauses from 3 to 4, and they can be used for any reason from personal to DC (so no separate DC pauses or rules). Remember though, the 5 minutes is just when the other team can elect to unpause, if they're nice, they can let the pause go longer.

TUSR

Banned
I guess the only reason I brought it up is if someone knows an unranked person's MMR is higher then they have a pick advantage?
*shrug* (I don't think any uncalibrated players are above 4k though, sans Dreams probably should be 4k)

But TUSR, wax is a dirty PA picker anyway :CMsmile:
N/A picks are wildcards depending on games played.
Dreams calibrated almost exactly where I expected.
Im a PA picker too, rip.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yeah since everyone has a dotabuff and captains have a minute to click around it's fine then. NVM

Also are there going to be like... 20 teams of 8? We have a lot of dudes.

TUSR

Banned
Yeah since everyone has a dotabuff and captains have a minute to click around it's fine then. NVM

Also are there going to be like... 20 teams of 8? We have a lot of dudes.

Captains should be pseudo drafting their team, and looking at potential alternatives already too. There are a decent amount of quality low 3k players that I have seen so far.

Yeah, I was intending them to be. I'm going to up the number of pauses from 3 to 4, and they can be used for any reason from personal to DC (so no separate DC pauses or rules). Remember though, the 5 minutes is just when the other team can elect to unpause, if they're nice, they can let the pause go longer.

Gottcha. I too think 4 total pauses a week are better.

Tieske

Neo Member
Tieske, sometimes you just have to chill, bad games happen, and I know sometimes nothing goes our way in dota and we just want to quit the game, but at the end of the day, out of respect to the people that are playing, staying is almost always the best option. If you think the games aren't worth it or if specific people get on your nerves, you can try to avoid or mute them in the future, but quitting a game just because you are not doing your best is selfish. I hope we can agree on that.

Yeah you're competely right. I can't really keep up with Dotas speed lately so it's not just tied to that single game and I've should just called that earlier. Last night was just embarrassing. To continue playing wouldve been worse than a 4 v 5 at that point for my team

Shouldn't be a problem anymore, I'm just gonna stick to pubs for now. Might still drop in to watch a few games tho

eznark

Banned
Tossing my hat in the ring as someone that would be willing to cast some games. Casting partner TBD.

You should recruit FMT to cast games with you. He could be like Pyrion Flax but funny. I want to hear more about horse guy and church dude.

Playing ih games is more valuable to getting picked then an mmr.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So just a heads up, I updated the schedule a tad. One week has been off the preseason and one week has been added to the regular season (so official scrims week 2 is now official games week 1 for a 9 week regular season). We are planning on having 18 teams (two divisions, made up of 9 teams each), and every team will have one BYE week during the 9 week regular season.

So just a heads up, I updated the schedule a tad. One week has been off the preseason and one week has been added to the regular season (so official scrims week 2 is now official games week 1 for a 9 week regular season). We are planning on having 18 teams (two divisions, made up of 9 teams each), and every team will have one BYE week during the 9 week regular season.

Awesome!

But what do you mean by bye week?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Got a few captains who have been MIA and haven't been around to respond to my copypasta :D--if you're a captain on this list, please try to contact me on steam (I should have every captain friended) soon:

-TheCrow
-DanSaxon

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Just an update: several people have dropped out of the league since signups closed--including myself (between wanting to play diablo/pillars, taking a boatload of classes, normal life things, and running ihl2, I just don't think I have the time nor energy/will to play). So I'm taking myself off the player list (still running the league though).

So captains take note, and I hope you're starting to scout players or look over the spreadsheet and see who you might want to draft. We've got all but 1 captain locked in and we also have 2 backups ready to step in should a couple no show to the draft (despite confirming with me).

Remember, the draft is in roughly 7 days (April 3 @ 6:30 PM PST). I'm going to give astroboy the "rights" (lol) to stream the draft and conduct interviews with captains since he asked first. Sadly, it's a lot easier to have just 1 draft stream so we can have a smooth process of captain drafts ---> moves down to caster channel for brief interview ---> moves back up and starts thinking about next round's pick, rather than having multiple streams trying to conduct multiple interviews. If any other potential streamers want, they can get in touch with astroboy, and maybe we can get a draft panel going on his stream.

JambiBum

Just an update: several people have dropped out of the league since signups closed--including myself (between wanting to play diablo/pillars, running the league, taking a boatload of classes, normal life things, and running ihl2, I just don't think I have the time nor energy/will to play).

So captains take note, and I hope you're starting to scout players or look over the spreadsheet and see who you might want to draft. We've got all but 1 captain locked in and we also have 2 backups ready to step in should a couple no show to the draft (despite confirming with me).

Remember, the draft is in roughly 7 days (April 3 @ 6:30 PM PST). I'm going to give astroboy the "rights" (lol) to stream the draft and conduct interviews with captains since he asked first. Sadly, it's a lot easier to have just 1 draft stream so we can have a smooth process of captain drafts ---> moves down to caster channel for brief interview ---> moves back up and starts thinking about next round's pick, rather than having multiple streams trying to conduct multiple interviews. If any other potential streamers want, they can get in touch with astroboy, and maybe we can get a draft panel going on his stream.

Bokr no :(.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
All him if he wants :p

shira

Bokr no :(.

It's a lot of work, I don't even know how you have time to do it on top of that other stuff anbokr mentioned. Even 1v1 tourneys with like 20 people was too much for me. I can't even imagine how much work is involved with 100 people and multiple teams.

JambiBum

It's a lot of work, I don't even know how you have time to do it on top of that other stuff anbokr mentioned. Even 1v1 tourneys with like 20 people was too much for me. I can't even imagine how much work is involved with 100 people and multiple teams.

Oh no I understand completely why he feels that way. If I didn't have the luxury of working from home I doubt I'd even be able to play let alone run something like this.

TUSR

Banned

Im sort of in the same boat as Bokr here, my classes fortunately end for the semester in 2 weeks.

Getting >150 people into the right place alone was a lot of work.

Just an update: several people have dropped out of the league since signups closed--including myself (between wanting to play diablo/pillars, running the league, taking a boatload of classes, normal life things, and running ihl2, I just don't think I have the time nor energy/will to play).

nooo

well ty for everything thus far and the few little things you helped me with

Top Bottom