• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2: INHOUSE LEAGUE Season 2 |OT|

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Just an addendum: I'm dropping out of playing in the league, but I'm still running it (in case my post was a little ambiguous).

Thought the draft was today. We're losing all the juice!

Yeah, pillars of eternity kind of put a dent in inhouses LOL. So in retrospect today would have been a good draft day, alas it's too late now.

It's a lot of work, I don't even know how you have time to do it on top of that other stuff anbokr mentioned. Even 1v1 tourneys with like 20 people was too much for me. I can't even imagine how much work is involved with 100 people and multiple teams.

It is, but thankfully I've got TUSR to split the work with. He's done most of the spreadsheet stuff, so shoutouts to him.

Hayvic

So any inhouses planned during the weekend? I'm missing out on showing my 3K skills because I can rarely play during the week.

Anyone playing tonight? I'd like to play with some people. I'll be playing from around 10:30 to about 1:30 EST tonight. So about 3 games?

I'll be online and in the chat room if anyone wants to add me to play.

geetec

Neo Member
Sanjuro? Heard he's the best coach on GAF
attachment.php

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
hi guys, is it still possible to sign up?

It is, but you'll be a free agent, via the rules:

IHL rules said:
Undrafted players and Free Agents:
-Unfortunately, there will be undrafted players, we only have so many captains/teams.
-Undrafted players will be placed into the “Free Agent” pool.
-Teams with players who can no longer participate (or are unreachable) can request a free agent. An admin will process this request and assign a free agent to said team provided the request is valid and accepted.
-Captains are encouraged to rotate players; however, they are not required to. If a player is constantly “benched” by a captain and this decision comes SOLELY from the captain (and is not forced by the player in any manner), said player can request to become a free agent.

Also, big shoutout to big dog for donating prizes for the winning team and active players. He donated 16 couriers, so each player from the winning team will be able to pick 1 courier. The rest will be raffled to active players who participated in IHL. Also, I believe hazaro is planning on offering up some prizes as well, so shoutouts to him.

It is, but you'll be a free agent, via the rules:

Also, big shoutout to big dog for donating prizes for the winning team and active players. He donated 16 couriers, so each player from the winning team will be able to pick 1 courier. The rest will be raffled to active players who participated in IHL. Also, I believe hazaro is planning on offering up some prizes as well, so shoutouts to him.

I didnt realize FA players were undraftable. Damn my buddy was expecting em to draft him :D.

To any potential captains that are crazy enough to draft me. I'll be out of town this weekend and Friday so if I don't respond on steam then that's why. Just a heads up.

C89L4vz.png

Probably not terribly far off, but I'll wait to see others. Smells like reading a Zodiac: everything will feel like it applies.

It is true that my third most played is a support and that I spend a lot of time looking at others hp and item progression trying to help where I can. It's the TF2 medic in me. And I am always focused on what the current win conditions are and try to keep everyone positive and thinking about what we need to buy to win.

edit: and Normal is a bastard.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yep, we should make this thing a requirement for all IHL participants. Anbokr, get on it, the draft commentator will need time to prepare the graphics to show how balanced teams are

JbCjkRM.png

Probably not terribly far off, but I'll wait to see others. Smells like reading a Zodiac: everything will feel like it applies.

It is true that my third most played is a support and that I spend a lot of time looking at others hp and item progression trying to help where I can. It's the TF2 medic in me. And I am always focused on what the current win conditions are and try to keep everyone positive and thinking about what we need to buy to win.

edit: and Normal is a bastard.

no kidding lmao.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm kinda determined :(
Not sure why communication is a 2 when I talk and call out things every game, boooooooo
9bdc4b3948.png

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Just a heads up, TUSR was kind enough to create a few extra spreadsheet tabs to make the draft a little smoother and provide clearer information. The draft order is pretty much set (you can see it in the "Draft" tab in the spreadsheet), and players are sorted by MMR under the "Players" tab in the spreadsheet. Note that players highlighted in blue are free agents, and aren't eligible to be drafted. Players highlighted in green are captains.

TUSR

Banned
Just a heads up, TUSR was kind enough to create a few extra spreadsheet tabs to make the draft a little smoother and provide clearer information. The draft order is pretty much set (you can see it in the "Draft" tab in the spreadsheet), and players are sorted by MMR under the "Players" tab in the spreadsheet. Note that players highlighted in blue are free agents, and aren't eligible to be drafted. Players highlighted in green are captains.
This will be updated Friday before the draft to use as a reliable reference.

In addition to this, it will be updated throughout the draft to help streamline the process so that the draft doesn't take hours.

xanavi

At some point in the next 48 hours I'll be dumping some information for captains regarding the draftees to help streamline the process.
Hopefully all the captains are creating their own lists in addition to this.

Was that referring to the new spreadsheet tabs or is more stuff coming?

TUSR

Banned
Was that referring to the new spreadsheet tabs or is more stuff coming?
There isn't much else outside of analyzing players in IHL games, and scouting dota buffs.

Which should be done by captains.

If you can think of any metrics that are simple to track that can reflect a player's skill at a glance, let me know and I'll work on something else.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
There isn't much else outside of analyzing players in IHL games, and scouting dota buffs.

Which should be done by captains.

If you can think of any metrics that are simple to track that can reflect a player's skill at a glance, let me know and I'll work on something else.

Most picked hero could be fun. You may be able to even use a function to automatically pull the data from their Dotabuffs. Maybe I'll look into what the function would be later.

TUSR

Banned
Most picked hero could be fun. You may be able to even use a function to automatically pull the data from their Dotabuffs. Maybe I'll look into what the function would be later.
Just pull from the main page of the dotabuff profile. Shouldn't be too hard
hopefully.

Table 1 of profile page?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
If it's not too late, you could put my name down as a tentative caster. Wouldn't mind calling some GAF madness.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why did Haly drop out ;-;

I didn't want to commit the time to it, that's all. I play DOTA 2 on my own terms and I wouldn't want to bail out on a team if they needed me.

Also I know I probably can't add info anymore but Captains I just realized I should have listed "Mid" as an attribute of what I can play. I am very good at Mid.

Top Bottom