• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2: INHOUSE LEAGUE Season 2 |OT|

TUSR

Banned
2Y7cfUQ.png

Moppet13

So how exactly does the free agent thing work? are you just randomly pulled out of the free agent pool or are you selected?

shira

So how exactly does the free agent thing work? are you just randomly pulled out of the free agent pool or are you selected?

rules link
- Undrafted players will be placed into the “Free Agent” pool.
- Teams with players who can no longer participate (or are unreachable) can request a free agent. An admin will process this request and assign a free agent to said team provided the request is valid and accepted.
- Captains are encouraged to rotate players; however, they are not required to. If a player is constantly “benched” by a captain and this decision comes SOLELY from the captain (and is not forced by the player in any manner), said player can request to become a free agent.

Moppet13

rules link
- Undrafted players will be placed into the “Free Agent” pool.
- Teams with players who can no longer participate (or are unreachable) can request a free agent. An admin will process this request and assign a free agent to said team provided the request is valid and accepted.
- Captains are encouraged to rotate players; however, they are not required to. If a player is constantly “benched” by a captain and this decision comes SOLELY from the captain (and is not forced by the player in any manner), said player can request to become a free agent.

I was curious about this

An admin will process this request and assign a free agent to said team provided the request is valid and accepted.

So you just get a random person selected out of the pool essentially?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So you just get a random person selected out of the pool essentially?

It's not going to be random. A particular free agent will be assigned to a team (should it be necessary) based on a combination of factors, but basically, we'll decide who gets put on a particular team. The most important factor is going to be making sure that the player skill levels are relatively even; so we're not going to remove an inactive 2k player and replace them with a 5k player (or vice versa).

And just something about free agents that I forgot to clarify yesterday to captains--this is a last resort kind of deal. So if a player has been completely inactive or unresponsive for weeks, or the team is struggling to get 5 players to show up to games (over the course of a couple weeks), then a captain can request a free agent. If a player outright refuses to play for their captain and explicitly says as much, that's a different story. You can come to us immediately with cases like that.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
The actual IHL pre-season has begun. I've listed the two team divisions below. Each team will play every other team in their respective division by the end of the regular season. The regular season will be nine weeks long, with each team getting one BYE week.

The actual IHL pre-season has begun. I've listed the two team divisions below. Each team will play every other team in their respective division by the end of the regular season. The regular season will be nine weeks long, with each team getting one BYE week.

DIVISIONS said:
Division 1:
Team Pillowknight
Team Megaridley
Team Freakinchair
Team ellen pudge
Team Madouu
Team Hupsel
Team A sentient keyboard
Team Tobe
Team Crow

Division 2:
Team I H8 Memes
Team arab
Team JambiBum (Team Eternal Elmos)
Team Normalfish
Team Jakkufurosu
Team Hylian7
Team Dreams-visions
Team Vade
Team Ksan

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-R9_2GFWL5WfXgRTOT3gYiDNjbYe69pn4GNSQMkkIHQ/edit?pli=1#gid=1435112017

The schedule for the pre-season week 1 games has also been created and posted below. EVERY TEAM must play their scheduled game. It will not count towards their regular season records, but it will serve as an activity check for every team going into the regular season.

PRE-SEASON WEEK 1 SCHEDULED GAMES said:
-Team Madouu vs. Team Normalfish
-Team Ksan vs Team Pillow
-Team arab vs. Team ellen pudge
-Team Jambi vs. Team Hupsel
-Team Freakinchair vs. Team I H8 Memes
-Team Crow vs Team Vade
-Team Hylian7 vs. Team megaridley
-Team Dreams-Visions vs. Team Tobe
-Team A sentient keyboard vs. Team Jakkufurosu

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-R9_2GFWL5WfXgRTOT3gYiDNjbYe69pn4GNSQMkkIHQ/edit?pli=1#gid=451123668

So captains, friend the captain who you're scheduled to play against and pick out a match time. Afterwards, both captains must report said time to the same admin (either me or TUSR) NO LATER THAN 11:59 PM ON THURSDAY 4/9. We will then update the spreadsheet with the official time so everyone can see, and hopefully casters can pick out games.

Captains, please remember to create a dota 2 team and invite all your players (you should already have all of your players friended), and also submit your team name/logo to me or TUSR (and post it in this thread if you like) by Friday. Also, Captains, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, go over the rules that are linked in the OP (click the banner), especially the scheduling rules. We want scheduling to be as smooth and efficient as possible and this hinges on every captain reading the rules and knowing what they are doing (so they can get things done on time).

that a bo1 or 3?

Im also having problems adding to team. A quick googles not helping.
I got everyone added and when I see them in Dota I invite to team only to get a unexpected error a shortwhile later.

Ill try again and search a bit more if not ill see if one my teammates can create

JambiBum

that a bo1 or 3?

I got everyone added and when I see them in Dota I invite to team only to get a unexpected error a shortwhile later.

Ill try again and search a bit more if not ill see if one my teammates can create

When I was adding people to my team it was very finnicky. I had to make sure that I was already on the my teams section when I invited people. If you are just on the main page in dota it doesn't seem to want to work.

Also, my steam account got hijacked last night somehow but thankfully steam support gave it back to me in like ten minutes. First time I've ever had to deal with them so after all of the stories I've heard about how awful they are I was worried.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
that a bo1 or 3?

all weekly matches are bo2

Also a note for adding people to your in game team--they must be online, in dota, and accept the request fairly quickly for it to work. Otherwise, you're going to get errors.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Can the pre-season game be played at any time this week or does it have to be between Fri-Sun like the regular season.

Fri - Sun. Same procedure as a regular season game, so both captains need to agree on a time and report it to either me or TUSR before Friday.

TheCrow

Made some more progress. Think it still needs a few more things. And just noticed that the background is messed up near the top. Might have to make sniper less grey but this is the general idea I have in mind.

Where is the "Only on XBOX" logo?

If you would stop ignored my requests to stop watching WWE and get into NJPW you would get the reference.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Recent competitive dota events have inspired me to amend the pause rules a tad before any official games begin. Pause rules are now:

Each team will be allowed five pauses per week (5 pauses total between the 2 games). Each pause is worth 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, the game must resume unless another pause is used.

So no more unlimited pauses based on goodwill from the opposing teams. Regardless of what anyone wants, a pause is only ever worth 5 minutes.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Can a team make use of their pauses to keep the game paused for the other team out of good will still, if they were inclined?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
@captains, make sure you PM unresponsive players through GAF (provided they have a gaf account). I don't think many people keep up to date with this thread, so PM's are much better for getting someone's attention.

Top Bottom