• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2: INHOUSE LEAGUE Season 2 |OT|

TUSR

Banned
SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK OF MAY 29-31
b0lLwaS.png
REMINDER: Both Captains are still required to PM the weekly Admin with the agreed upon time

LEAGUE TRACKING:
UP TO DATE SCHEDULE CAN BE FOUND HERE:

If anyone watched GT vs Fish, I know nobody casted it, but can you give some bullet points on it? I was hoping to watch a cast on it but I'll take this as the next best thing.

You kept going for the euls + requiem combo in team fights which got you out of position and killed from the start.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
MMR matters a lot but good teamwork and drafting is necessary too.

And yet I'm the 2nd worst player in the league, play in at least 1 match per week, and we still win. It's not the mmr. And so what if my teams mmr is higher? It isnt like I drafted based on mmr. I drafted based on what I saw in the inhouse games.

I watched all but 2 out of all of the inhouse matches. Any other captains can say that? Thats why I drafted better.

TUSR

Banned
Outdated.

Synergy.

And yet I'm the 2nd worst player in the league, play in at least 1 match per week, and we still win. It's not the mmr. And so what if my teams mmr is higher? It isnt like I drafted based on mmr. I drafted based on what I saw in the inhouse games.

I watched all but 2 out of all of the inhouse matches. Any other captains can say that? Thats why I drafted better.
No one is attacking you.

TheCrow

huh.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

yeah it's pretty logical that MMR is going to correlate with more wins, but it is still one of many factors

No one is attacking you.

^^

TheCrow

TBF, if he really did watch all those IHL matches, he seems to have put more effort in to the draft than anyone else. Unless you did something similar?

He just comes off extremely defensive for no reason. So confusing. And FYI I didn't watch a single inhouse. YOLO

Madouu

The graph doesn't say enough until all teams have played each other and there are still quite a few games left to be played. For example, we should be top of that graph since we have the highest amount of points while rocking the lowest average mmr out of the 8 points team but we still haven't had our bye week and we still got two complicated games with some of our players missing so we will probably drop a lot.

Let's wait for the season to end before looking at these kind of metrics.

TheCrow

Today I learned that I H8 Memes is very sensitive.
The graph doesn't say enough until all teams have played each other and there are still quite a few games left to be played.
Exactly. Plus its outdated because you would need the end of season mmr of each player. All it really shows is teams average mmr at the draft day, No accusations are being thrown.

Is this a bit? I haven't seen Karate Kid in a long time so someone needs to tell me if this is a bit from the film.
anuxi_rum.gif
Shit. That is so next level.

The graph doesn't say enough until all teams have played each other and there are still quite a few games left to be played. For example, we should be top of that graph since we have the highest amount of points while rocking the lowest average mmr out of the 8 points team but we still haven't had our bye week and we still got two complicated games with some of our players missing so we will probably drop a lot.

Let's wait for the season to end before looking at these kind of metrics.

Exactly. Plus its even outdated because you would need the end of season mmr of each player. All it really shows is teams average mmr at the draft day, No accusations are being thrown.

Teams with Byes are especially thrown off.

What have I got to be upset about? Having the best team? I'm pretty happy with my team. Some other people seem to be upset with the way things have turned out though. Like I said, I can only captain my team, I cant captain your team for you.

Is this a strike?

Haly

Is Memes referencing something because I have no idea what's going on.

TheCrow

What have I got to be upset about? Having the best team? I'm pretty happy with my team. Some other people seem to be upset with the way things have turned out though. Like I said, I can only captain my team, I cant captain your team for you.

Is this a strike?
iuH7WKj4b2bZp.gif

Is Memes referencing something because I have no idea what's going on.

Maybe. I think he made a bad read on some comment or something because I don't see people who are "upset". Either way its hilarious. and no I'm not laughing at him. Just at the situation.

Haly

Yeah that's what I thought but people corrected him but he's still digging!

And someone mentioned Karate Kid and I dunno what's going on anymore...
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

Don't let Cobra Kai's numbers fool you, my AA has been carrying the team heavy Kappa.

On a more serious note, I think attitude goes a long way too. Our games are mostly light as far as stress goes. Most games are relaxing and fun and no one is really getting mad for little mistakes or pointing anyone out. Even when we're down 2:1 kills, we're pretty upbeat.

Also my "real" mmr is 4k according to that reddit thing.

Damage control

Nice try

:D

But really, I'm going to be lucky if I even get to watch another match this season much less play in any more matches. Unless one of you other Captains would be willing to schedule a match for after 10pm eastern. I know thats not really doable for most people though.

shira

Saturday May 30
Don's Cherry vs. Team Eurocleave Sat. 12pm/3pm
+
Kobold Foreman and the Hill Trolls vs. Team Doki_Lemi Sat. 12pm/3pm
t1433012400z4.png

Sunday May 31
2 Ogres 1 Club vs. BRULE'S EUL'S Sun. 9am/12pm
t1433088000z4.png

Fist Full of Meerus vs. Cobra Kai Sun. 11am/2pm
t1433095200z4.png

It is all Ogre vs. GAF Titans Sun. 12pm/3pm
t1433098800z4.png

Morton's Trenchers vs. Shrapnel Club Sun. 1pm/4pm
t1433102400z4.png

Extranormal Gentlefish vs. The Eternal Elmos Sun. 2:30pm/5:30pm
t1433107800z4.png

Team Audrey vs. Team Lunaifu Sun. 4pm/7pm
t1433113200z4.png

Haly

Haly said:
Pillow's "I'm middle tier" was definitely the biggest swindle in IHL S2.
Trip down memory lane. This was from way back in 2012.

Top Bottom