• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dark Troll Summoner best hero in game. Also, A to Z is going pretty well so far:
AtoZPart1.jpg

Hylian7

Just played what I think is my first, maybe second game as puck and yeah.. Maybe I should have done some bot matches. I don't get how to do the burst damage early people manage D:
One point of Phase Shift at 1 or 2, max orb, then silence, maxing PS last.

It's not about the damage you do, it's about the damage/stuns you dodge with Phase Shift. In the right hands, you are nearly untouchable with Phase Shift and a Blink.

Aaron

Dota needs a static metagame so people can choose the most optimal lineups at hero select. :)
It needs a saltybet mode with continuous bot on bot action, where the viewer can pick the winning team and mvp of the match, and this match plays out either double normal speed or with all heroes starting at level six.

Ardvent

It needs a saltybet mode with continuous bot on bot action, where the viewer can pick the winning team and mvp of the match, and this match plays out either double normal speed or with all heroes starting at level six.

Do it with captain mode, special WTF mode tournament weekends, how crazy would insane bots be.

KingKong

all 10 heroes are Spirit Breaker, Id watch that

DrTeflon

Gofu

Banned
So our team tried Team MM for the first time today. We actually felt kind of bad. The guys it matched us against were clearly not on our level, they sent Sven and Skeleton King in a lane together, their Meepo had trouble microing and the game ended with their concession 25 minutes in.

It was fun though.

hey do you wanna play against my team? i think were pretty good

GorillaJu

Lockless luckbox sells for 80 bucks on Steam market, yet the average value of an item from it is 49 dollars. Am I missing something or are people just nuts?

GorillaJu

Well, you could get a Shadow Blade or Dagon, worth $100 Each!

I don't know if I should sell my box now or later – it's obviously overvalued but I'm not certain it'll ever drop. It's crazy to me that one can so easily be making a profit for buying a shirt on the Internet. Must be because they aren't available internationally.

I would really like either the SB or the Dagon, but I'd much rather sell the box and use that money + an unusual courier to trade for one.

SB in particular – that's gonna be a highly desired item for a long time methinks.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
They should get more runs in the future, but Dagon And Shadow Blade will likely still command a pretty good price even then.

shira

I don't know if I should sell my box now or later – it's obviously overvalued but I'm not certain it'll ever drop. It's crazy to me that one can so easily be making a profit for buying a shirt on the Internet. Must be because they aren't available internationally.

I would really like either the SB or the Dagon, but I'd much rather sell the box and use that money + an unusual courier to trade for one.

SB in particular – that's gonna be a highly desired item for a long time methinks.
I doubt it, nobody plays kunkka. Nyx on the other hand is pubstar.

Wunder

In two recent games, a person chose kunkka as first pick. We lost both games.

I've had a kunkka buy double Bfury and double Crystalys which he then upgraded to double Daedalus. When asked why he got two of each he just replied "more crit".

Lyng

Just played what I think is my first, maybe second game as puck and yeah.. Maybe I should have done some bot matches. I don't get how to do the burst damage early people manage D:

What items do you start with? With a mantle and branch alone your orb hurts alot early game.

docbon

Fuck this game

I literally just got paired against a 5 man queue

While my team had 3 fucking retarded beaners including an Anti-Mage with no Battlefury

I'm fucking flabbergasted at this fucking matchmaking, it's a fucking disgrace

lolwtf.gif

Stay classy.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fuck this game

While my team had 3 fucking retarded beaners including an Anti-Mage with no Battlefury

iiIjGc8xOQp8f.gif

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
It was my first time as abaddon so I really dont know. Ok-ish I guess?.

Offensive Abaddon?

Try maximizing 'Curse of Avernus' and then 'Mist Coil' on Abaddon, along with the purchase of the following items in chronology:

- Boots
- Orb of Venom
- Poor Mans Shield
- Upgrade Boots -> Phase boots
- Basher
- Sange
- Mask of Madness

-- Upgrade Sange -> Heaven's Halberd
-- Upgrade Basher -> Abyssal Blade

Chase enemy heros aggressively after you wield the Orb of Venom (especially effective if you are playing on the safer side lanes), Keep 'Aphotic Shield' at level 1 to remove negative buffs on yourself or allied hero and use 'Mist Coil' as ranged mini nukes.

Arkanius

I fucking love Abaddon, and it's quite funny that my previous support was Omniknight.
He shouldn't be played as a semi-carry, yet he can do well if the team gets a few early kills. Go the utility path with him and alternate between aphotic shield/Mistcoil + Curse of Avernus. Just keep hitting people until your Carry can keep up.

A great end item is Assault Cuirass, that attack speed to keep a constant Curse of Avernus up is fantastic.

Arkanius

There is never enough crit.
Kunkka is one of those heroes that absolutely want to love but fail miserably. Off-timed Torrents, badly timed boats, shitty usage of X-Marks the spot, dying very soon in the big team fights

shira

Whale Blade anyone?

In two recent games, a person chose kunkka as first pick. We lost both games.

Would you seriously play kunkka just to show off your item?
Kunkka is one of those heroes that absolutely want to love but fail miserably. Off-timed Torrents, badly timed boats, shitty usage of X-Marks the spot, dying very soon in the big team fights
boat indicator
https://sites.google.com/site/veldtfx/dota-2-mod-index

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck this game

I want region lock as much as you do but common man.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
How does dota2 reduce smurfing?

1) Hats
2) Hassle of creating a new steam account and going through the tutorial.
3) Your first few matches (I want to say 10-20) are basically "smurf detection" games. It takes into account stats like your kda and w/l and scales you up or down rapidly.

No system is foolproof but it's much better than HoN. In my experience, Valve's matchmaking is a lot better than many many other competitive games I've played.

Boken

Banned
1) Hats
3) Your first few matches (I want to say 10-20) are basically "smurf detection" games. It takes into account stats like your kda and w/l and scales you up or down rapidly.

No system is foolproof but it's much better than HoN. In my experience, Valve's matchmaking is a lot better than many many other competitive games I've played.
Can't you just trade hats to your main account?
And
The tutorial isn't mandatory is iS it?

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
1) Hats

Scaling match making according to Point (3) is perpetual, but an automated system cannot predict human nature.

I have noticed the game put my public match making put against lower skilled players, when I (with intent) don't play the game seriously for a few days.

Also I have this suspicion that the public match making is always trying to keep my win/lose ratio around 50%.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Yep Valve continues to give me the dumbest players ever. Person who thought a Nature's Prophet treant was a courier and gave out first blood and then continues to feed.

Also I have this suspicion that the public match making is always trying to keep my win/lose ratio around 50%.

Because it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom