• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
WHAT THE FUCK

episode 4

WHAT

THE

FUCK

July 28, 2015.

Me: Oh man, I got that new LiS episode, I've been waiting 2 months after the craaaazy ending to episode 3 and can't wait to play it!

Me: Oh, but Windows 10 is droppin tomorrow. I don't want to risk not finishing it and then having to fuck with a bunch of Windows install nonsense in the middle of the episode!

Cut to...

August 2, 2015

Me: I wonder if I'll ever get my Windows 10 update notification...

Me: Why didn't I play that LiS episode this weekend?

shira

hey American Airlines didn't suck and now I'm in Seattle like 3 hours earlier than I was supposed to be!

Karma is like the blademail of life.

It's labeled as "main event predictions" so I would hope it's just for the latter.

I think it's just main event since I think it would be skewed if it included group stages

mf3Ztoy.jpg

Volvo plz,

Wok

July 28, 2015.

Me: Oh man, I got that new LiS episode, I've been waiting 2 months after the craaaazy ending to episode 3 and can't wait to play it!

Me: Oh, but Windows 10 is droppin tomorrow. I don't want to risk not finishing it and then having to fuck with a bunch of Windows install nonsense in the middle of the episode!

Cut to...

August 2, 2015

Me: I wonder if I'll ever get my Windows 10 update notification...

Me: Why didn't I play that LiS episode this weekend?

Just force it:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I have already updated 4 PCs to Windows 10.

i've also heard virgin is good

originally was supposed to board at 3:09
we got a maintenance problem we'll get back to you at 3:45
it's now 3:45. we're still deciding what to do we'll get back to you at 4:15

wut

shira

da bes

29522a7484de61c6d071cbd7a84dbc14.jpg

it's just a direct flight

the only direct flights to seattle from houston were united and alaskan
and according to you, alaskan is worse than united

I loved my one Alaskan flight.

Most of my 20+ United flights I've ever been on has been delayed/overbooked/problem/lost luggage

Techies ruin this game.

I'll probably not want to play dota 2 ever again if he doesn't get nerfed after TI. Shit's worse than old lycan.

Honestly 6.84 Bloodseeker is the worst pubstomp hero I've ever experienced. He is in literally every game and I hate it so much.

Lmao, he's more broken than centaur when they first released him on dota 2.

JC Sera

"just ward lycan's jungles!"
Yes, just one way.
Techies you can:
  • Pick a hero with an uphill scouting move (such as venge or WR) or Naga for scouting illusions
  • Look up all the most common techies mining spots
  • DON'T WALK IN THE GODDAMN SIDESHOP
  • TP to lane immediately to kill him at the start of the game
  • There are two really good high ground wards for dire/radiant which give you vision near the rune and areas techies usually mines early game, if they are somewhat competent and mine areas other than the sideshop & rune
  • Buy sentries for lane
  • Make sure you have armor early game, a casual ring of protection can save your life
  • Buy early-mid game gem
  • Take advantage of 4v5
  • BKB for taking highground
  • Late game AC & Pipe

Yes, just one way.
Techies you can:
  • Pick a hero with an uphill scouting move (such as venge or WR) or Naga for scouting illusions
  • Look up all the most common techies mining spots
  • DON'T WALK IN THE GODDAMN SIDESHOP
  • TP to lane immediately to kill him at the start of the game
  • There are two really good high ground wards for dire/radiant which give you vision near the rune and areas techies usually mines early game, if they are somewhat competent and mine areas other than the sideshop & rune
  • Buy sentries for lane
  • Make sure you have armor early game, a casual ring of protection can save your life
  • Buy early-mid game gem
  • Take advantage of 4v5
  • BKB for taking highground
  • Late game AC & Pipe

Spend money to fight this hero early game because reasons, no other hero requires you to do this, and you still end up screwed because it's not a hard solution. Good luck finding his mines if you ever lose map control.

Also I just bought sentry wards last game at the beginning, placed them, found the mines, team mate still steps on them. The hero might be perfectly fine for pro play but he absolutely fucking ruins AP.

Chris R

Punish techies early and often. So slow and zero hp. Don't let him get aghs with enough time to heavily mine T3s.

Ordered pint glass, demihero and a plush, got a N0tail shirt, sunglasses, poster and three emoticharms along with the big ass bag, and I won't have to stand in the sun the rest of the week. That line is going to be crazy tomorrow.

Shame the HTC VR stuff wasn't running, I want to do it but I'm guessing the lines will be terrible. Also there were stands for other hardware manufacturers being setup east of the Arena.

Now to open my loot.

JC Sera

Spend money to fight this hero early game because reasons, no other hero requires you to do this, and you still end up screwed because it's not a hard solution. Good luck finding his mines if you ever lose map control.

Also I just bought sentry wards last game at the beginning, placed them, found the mines, team mate still steps on them. The hero might be perfectly fine for pro play but he absolutely fucking ruins AP.
Still isn't as bad as old lycan
yolo.gif

also sounds like you suffer more from dim teammates than techies

Punish techies early and often. So slow and zero hp. Don't let him get aghs with enough time to heavily mine T3s.

Ordered pint glass, demihero and a plush, got a N0tail shirt, sunglasses, poster and three emoticharms along with the big ass bag, and I won't have to stand in the sun the rest of the week. That line is going to be crazy tomorrow.

Shame the HTC VR stuff wasn't running, I want to do it but I'm guessing the lines will be terrible. Also there were stands for other hardware manufacturers being setup east of the Arena.

Now to open my loot.

I have to find him first, and then he just suicide and kills me
yay

Saprol

decided to play dota after 2 weeks.

ursa huskar storm OD.

and the storm wastes his mana everytime he leaves fountain whether to farm or start a fight
charm_disapprove.gif
charm_disapprove.gif
charm_disapprove.gif
charm_disapprove.gif

Only reliable counterplay to techies that I've found are silences and forcing fights when techies isn't around. If the techies is smart, the latter isn't great.

inkls

Brood, bounty hunter, riki, clinkz all require you to sink money early to deal with them

Volodja

Decided to open 1 of each of the new chests and I got a Golden Trove Carafe with a Golden Huntling in it.

Wonder how much it will be worth.

Also got a Venoling out of the other chest.

Top Bottom