• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Chris R

Decided to open 1 of each of the new chests and I got a Golden Trove Carafe with a Golden Huntling in it.

Wonder how much it will be worth.

Also got a Venoling out of the other chest.

:(

I got Tide's helmet and the Midas. Had to resocket the Midas with a gold earned gem to make it the real deal.

Volodja

I'm honestly not too enthusiastic about the chests. The only item I really want is the AA crown and I'll just grab that off the market.

Also please help me start my PS1 collection
I agree on the chests, I wasn't particularly interested in any of the Immortals, but I just kind of decided to roll the dice and got relatively lucky.

Got Necro Immortal and Visage Familiars out of it aside from the couriers, could've been better, could've been worse.

pompidu

so you don't buy detection versus invis heroes either? Or buy magic stick vs BB/Tide? Or buy stout shield when you're a melee vs ranged?

This is dumb comparison . Mines can be anywhere at any time. Inv hereos can only be at one place at one time.

Techies is a dumb hero.

Brood, bounty hunter, riki, clinkz all require you to sink money early to deal with them

so you don't buy detection versus invis heroes either? Or buy magic stick vs BB/Tide? Or buy stout shield when you're a melee vs ranged?

See below

This is dumb comparison . Mines can be anywhere at any time. Inv hereos can only be at one place at one time.

Techies is a dumb hero.

Yes that is my thought. The choices are either mass sentry wards (which you can die while placing them, the mines could be literally anywhere, also mega expensive over time), or a gem, which is a HUGE risk in the early game. In comparison to stealth heroes which are reactive (they come to you), you have to be proactive to catch all the techie mines. This is also assuming the other team isn't dewarding, which is really generous.

Chris R

I'd hang out but I'm gonna try to go to sleep soon since I've basically been up since 7 AM Saturday at this poitn and it sucks.

https://discordapp.com/

We should make a GAF attendee thingy here so people can keep up to date with wahts going on

Razzer

I'm not usually one to post Dotabuff scores, but I'm pretty happy with this game.
https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1682091143

I had 48 bloodstone charges at the end. And to think we were actually looking likely to lose at 25 mins.

fail.gif
cocky.gif
dac15_fantastic.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There was someone here at the HTC Vive Booth who talked with Hylian. He had asked when the booth was open to the public and was told it was a private demo, but that it's subject to change throughout the week.

That's a big fucking list.

Thanks guys.

It's missing some stuff, too haha. Made that list like 6 months ago and it's not like new games are releasing, so it'll do you well. That list is also super broad, so don't just take it at face value. Some of those games have pretty mixed impressions or are a bit odd.

Oh, and it's light on genres I'm not super in to. Fighters and flight sims both have more presence on the PSX than that list would indicate, for example. Also, some are exclusive to Japan or NTSCU/PAL.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
And I'm in Seattle, whoo. Now I get to take a train.

I haven't flown with many airliners, but I had good experiences with Alaskan last year.

No clue if it still stands up, but future cop lapd was a great Multiplayer game back in the day

There was someone here at the HTC Vive Booth who talked with Hylian. He had asked when the booth was open to the public and was told it was a private demo, but that it's subject to change throughout the week.
was it a valve dude or event staff? the event staff doesn't know anything

some valve staff were hanging around the gift bag tents and someone asked them about it and I overheard then say they'd announce stuff about it tomorrow

Top Bottom