• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Not enough that he wins The International, now he has to take over WoW

thumb.jpg

Year of the andy mage

Shouta

Crystal Maiden is a hero that also has a passive skill that gives her mana regen, she does need to level it up a few times before it gives you enough to not worry about your mana pool though. You could give her a try(she's a ranged intelligence support) but obviously she won't help you get used to "normal" mana regen and how to sustain your mana.

I'll check her out too!

i just looked him up on the wiki

how is he a support that seems cray

He's normally an AD/AP Carry and built for it, lol. Depending on team synergy and the player, you can shift him to backing up other players though because he's super self-sufficient and is a threat across the entire map.

Though I guess I might also define support as someone that isn't the leading the charge and on the frontlines, lol. I see support as a group role instead of a character one. =x

Also, TF has a super low recast on his stun ability too. Pick a card is like what, 6 seconds? You can reduce the cooldown a bit more as well with items. I end up focusing on that if I'm not carrying, lol

bounchfx

oh god dammit, missed the meetup last night. wanted to go but got pulled around other directions :(. Hope you guys had fun!

my presentation is in an hour and um... I'm just thinking about it now. Shit. I better come up with a plan!

our stack already has two dutch people and we put up with them ok. whats 1 more?

Seems like a plan then. Can someone PM me some info on how to get in touch? (Or post it here)

I'm really really new to the game though :). Have just levelled up to 3 and played mainly drow ranger in limited heroes. Finding out how to play on my own.

inkls

Seems like a plan then. Can someone PM me some info on how to get in touch? (Or post it here)

I'm really really new to the game though :). Have just levelled up to 3 and played mainly drow ranger in limited heroes. Finding out how to play on my own.

stack player names on steam:

inkls
TUSR
pratfall
Print Screen
Rodriguez
kvk1
Two bear
NormalFish

manfestival

Question for you all:
What is the one hero in the game that regardless of meta just pisses you off? That embodies all of your hatred.

Mine is Slark. Seeing that fishman just makes me angry. Any meta that makes it so he is stronger just makes me hate the meta more.

abunai

i haven't played with the gaf stack but feel free to add me as well, some of my friends are kinda new aswell

Question for you all:
What is the one hero in the game that regardless of meta just pisses you off? That embodies all of your hatred.

Mine is Slark. Seeing that fishman just makes me angry. Any meta that makes it so he is stronger just makes me hate the meta more.

PL. stupid yellow cat man

Wok

Question for you all:

I love watching a good Slark game like this MVP vs VG.

Edit: Morphling pisses me off.

Question for you all:

Sniper. When I see that old dwarf I just want to focus him. He feels very satisfying to kill too.

inkls

You literally invite at the worst times for our stack steve, like everyone's going to bed and thats when the invites start flowing

Saved the list. Going to add you guys later :). What is your main way of communication? Text chat or voice? I still have to get a splitter so I can use my ps4 headset on the PC :)

we use team speak

Saved the list. Going to add you guys later :). What is your main way of communication? Text chat or voice? I still have to get a splitter so I can use my ps4 headset on the PC :)

I'm mostly on during the day this summer vacation. With the exception of next week. I'll probably be playing some evenings then.

Team speak has a Mac client, right? Could use the headset on the Mac and just use the speakers on the PC for the time being.

Shouta

I looked at Crystal Maiden and Keeper of the Light and they look interesting! Will definitely try them out.

Looking at the other chars, any thoughts on Chen, Disruptor, Luna, Mirana, Morphling, Io, Vengeful Spirit, and Invoker? Any ones I should avoid from these? Any thing to note in particular?

I looked at Crystal Maiden and Keeper of the Light and they look interesting! Will definitely try them out.

Looking at the other skill chars, any thoughts on Chen, Disruptor, Luna, Mirana, Morphling, Io, Vengeful Spirit, and Invoker? Any ones I should avoid from these? Any thing to note in particular?

Chen is a very difficult play.

Morphling is a very difficult play as well.

Invoker is fun but very difficult to master / play.

I would urge a beginner to avoid those heroes generally.

Looking at the other chars, any thoughts on Chen, Disruptor, Luna, Mirana, Morphling, Io, Vengeful Spirit, and Invoker? Any ones I should avoid from these? Any thing to note in particular?
People would normally advise you to hold off on Chen and invoker. Morph and wisp as well.

But hell go for it. Just know they require micro. It's not that big of a deal. In fact the quicker you learn that the faster the rest of the learning will be. Invoker actually kind of looks like he plays like your twisted fate guy.

Other than that they're all good to learn. All fun impactful heroes.

Just finished my first public game. Kinda fun but I had no idea what am I doing.
Yeah that happens. Stick with it!

Shouta

Chen is a very difficult play.

Morphling is a very difficult play as well.

Invoker is fun but very difficult to master / play.

I would urge a beginner to avoid those heroes generally.

I'll keep that in mind. I'm gonna be in bot and practice play for awhile until I can get my chars down though so it's not like I'm going to be jumping into it cold plus I have some MOBA experience. =o

People would normally advise you to hold off on Chen and invoker. Morph and wisp as well.

But hell go for it. Just know they require micro. It's not that big of a deal. In fact the quicker you learn that the faster the rest of the learning will be. Invoker actually kind of looks like he plays like your twisted fate guy.

Other than that they're all good to learn. All fun impactful heroes.

Yeah that happens. Stick with it!

Yeah, Twisted has a certain level of micro to him because of Pick a Card and knowing what the battlefield situation is when using his Ultimate. So I'm pretty used to it, lol. I'll be in practice like I said so I can learn the abilities in and out.

Only unit I ever remember folks talking kinda poorly was Techies at last year's TI, I think? I recall something of the sort.

JC Sera

Btw does anyone play visage?
I bought the new treasure for the autograph, and got the visage immortal but I don't play this hero

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I understand about 5% of what's happening but I still enjoyed that game.

Chen: Not now. Hero's hard as shit and you need to have a solid understanding of how the game progresses in the early to make use of his strengths.

Disruptor: Awesome hero, and not terribly hard. Max glimpse and abuse it.

Luna: Been picked at TI, but still somewhat weak. I'd recommend a carry that's a bit stronger at the moment or less 'quirky' like Drow or perhaps Clinkz. If you do play her, don't take glaives until you're at the end of or past laning phase, so that you don't constantly push your lane.

Mirana and Venge: Good choices. They're both pretty easy to figure out and have big impact once you get a feel for them.

The rest: I think all three of these heroes are a bit odd. Not super difficult, but they take a slightly different approach to the game or have a skill that's difficult to utilize correctly. You can pick them up, but you might enjoy them more once you've got a better feel for the game.

Shouta

Visage sounds fun, I might try him too, lol

Thanks Normal! I'm gonna try everyone out anyway at least to get a feel for what they do and see from there. Chen seems so interesting too. lol

TUSR

Banned
Mechanically, he's one of the harder heroes to play due to the microing required to maximize the hero's effectiveness.

Might be better to work on something else then come back to him.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Just play nothing but Disraptor and Visage. I wish someone had told me that when I started. I wasted so much time learning shit heroes when I only needed those 2.

ed: Don't listen to micro noobs. Visage is EZ mode.

JC Sera

Thanks Normal! I'm gonna try everyone out anyway at least to get a feel for what they do and see from there. Chen seems so interesting too. lol
Just carefully read his passive so you understand how it works.

If you like chen's kit, try enchantress, too. Way less difficult and also uses creeps.

Top Bottom