• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Nymerio

Maybe I'm weird but I actually do like Secret and I still enjoyed seeing them get trashed by VP. My hate can be universal, I try to spread it around as much as possible.
And C9 gets an extra share.

c9 es
trash.png

they'll never perform with EE as carry and captain, they need major changes

Pratfall

I mean its the same in every sport. People loved it when Miami Heat lost, or when the Patriots scandals come out or when a soccer powerhouse fails or when Brazil got destroyed in the world cup

also it's fun to root against teams, schadenfreude and all that, it just feels a little different in e-sports because those people are posting on the same message board as you

I get it and, as a Patriots fan, I am not unfamiliar with the phenomenon. My point is that none of these organizations are on the level of a professional sports franchise so the behavior seems totally unjustified.

my 3 favorite teams are EG , Alliance, and Secret in that order. Not really sure how I would be a bandwagoner(for secret) since I have liked the team since its inception(not that long ago) but thats primarily cause I think rtz is hilarious.

EG I cheer for cause im MURICA and alliance I have always enjoyed their style (especially lodas play). They have been in shambles as of late but look at my avatar for crying out loud. I am a fan of one of weakest franchises in the NFL

Sorry Didn't mean to call you a banfwagoner. Just suggesting the sudden hatred from others that i am seeing on reddit etc is from people who didnt really care about the team to begin with and jumped ship as soon as secret lost.

P.S no idea who the team on you avatar is or that you had team logo on there at all lol

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I started playing yesterday and it was fine, but today I'm getting micro freezing, is this common and is there a fix? I'm just playing bots with my friends. Very regularly I will freeze for a split second. i5 3570k @ 4.3GHz, GTX 970, 8GB DDR3, W10 64

dave is ok

aztek is ok
What's the Hots equivalent of Pit Lord?

Hell what's the LoL equivalent of Pit Lord?
His ult is on Tahm Kench in LoL (called Abyssal Voyage get it?)

They just announced the SC2 Medic for HoTS with a similar ult. People can jump into it with you and you can relocate them.

I'm pretty sure both can only teleport one person though so it's really more like Wisp without having to return

inkls

His ult is on Tahm Kench in LoL (called Abyssal Voyage get it?)

They just announced the SC2 Medic for HoTS with a similar ult. People can jump into it with you and you can relocate them.

I'm pretty sure both can only teleport one person though so it's really more like Wisp without having to return

I thought tahm kench was more like wisp since his ult can only tp one person

People supporting a team of cheaters lol, real life is crazy

Anyway american football is poor man's football, if it was good there would be more than 1 (one) country playing it in the world

dave is ok

aztek is ok
People supporting a team of cheaters lol, real life is crazy

Anyway american football is poor man's football, if it was good there would be more than 1 (one) country playing it in the world
Patriots? They likely didn't cheat, even if you believe they did how much of an advantage does 1 cm of grip give? The whole story is stupid.

Shouta

Tried out Keep of the Light in practice and damn, that meshes well with me already, lol. A mana restoration skill so I can just focus on other stuff and the damage-skill is pretty cool. Gonna do that 10 min training one a bunch of times with the various heroes and see how it goes.

I looked into Chen and while it seems his move set is cool, it looks like it scales poorly the longer the match goes on and I didn't know you had to manage the minions themselves, lol. I'll put him on the backburner for now. I don't mind microing but I hate microing multiple, single units. It's kind of why I moved away from most RTS in general aside from stuff like Kohan or Warhammer as those were squads and not singular units.

I might mess around with Sniper when I feel like pew pewing things though. I really like his extra range and the simplicity of having just two skills, haha.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's kind of why I moved away from most RTS in general aside from stuff like Kohan or Warhammer as those were squads and not singular units.
Avoid Enchantress, then.

Meepo and Visage can get away with squad based micro even though their units can be micro'd individually.

(Hi Shouta!)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What did you guys do to Steve? He was still passed out when I left, and had a half full bottle of peach vodka next to his bed, along with a bag of junk from some asain market.

Shouta

Avoid Enchantress, then.

Meepo and Visage can get away with squad based micro even though their units can be micro'd individually.

(Hi Shouta!)

Oh god, so this is what you've been doing instead of Gundam.

I'll avoid Enchantress. I might be able to micro 2-3 but 4 or more might be rougher with how intense skirmishes are in MOBAs, lol I'll give them a shot in practice anyway though. Bots are easy to handle so that'll give me at least a taste of them.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Tried out Keep of the Light in practice and damn, that meshes well with me already, lol. A mana restoration skill so I can just focus on other stuff and the damage-skill is pretty cool. Gonna do that 10 min training one a bunch of times with the various heroes and see how it goes.

I looked into Chen and while it seems his move set is cool, it looks like it scales poorly the longer the match goes on and I didn't know you had to manage the minions themselves, lol. I'll put him on the backburner for now. I don't mind microing but I hate microing multiple, single units. It's kind of why I moved away from most RTS in general aside from stuff like Kohan or Warhammer as those were squads and not singular units.

I might mess around with Sniper when I feel like pew pewing things though. I really like his extra range and the simplicity of having just two skills, haha.

Chen scales badly (he peaks around 30 minutes when he can get Aghs and an army of ancients) but he's like a hard carry compared to KotL. KotL's kit is really useful early game but after a half hour he will be a waste of a hero slot. He offers so little to late game teamfights. His Aghs upgrade makes his illuminate blasts heal friendly units, but only during the day, and that's still pretty useless compared to many other support heroes.

Shouta

Chen scales badly (he peaks around 30 minutes when he can get Aghs and an army of ancients) but he's like a hard carry compared to KotL. KotL's kit is really useful early game but after a half hour he will be a waste of a hero slot. He offers so little to late game teamfights. His Aghs upgrade makes his illuminate blasts heal friendly units, but only during the day, and that's still pretty useless compared to many other support heroes.

Makes sense but KotL is pretty easy for me to play so I'll probably use him to get into the game flow for now. There are a bunch of other units that I'm interested in so I can look into them while easing myself in.

Pratfall

his unobstructed vision during daytime with aghs is nice throughout the game but yeah he falls off hard

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
ZEUS! Dota community redeemed!

Jugg still shoulda won

Makes sense but KotL is pretty easy for me to play so I'll probably use him to get into the game flow for now. There are a bunch of other units that I'm interested in so I can look into them while easing myself in.

100% fine. He's definitely a good stepping stone hero, and totally capable.

If you want to get into some support heroes that are good from minute 1 until the game ends look at heroes like Lion & Shadow Shaman (hex is always useful, get a blink dagger on them if you can manage the farm), Witch Doctor (get an aghs and his ultimate will slay heroes even super late game), Dazzle (Weave and Grave never fall off). Even heroes getting BKB's doesn't stop those heroes from being useful. My favorite hero, Disruptor gets a whole lot trickier to play once enemy heroes get BKBs, but Glimpse is one of the most powerful support abilities in the entire game if used properly. You can pull heroes back from 1/4 of the way across the map. Can't advocate for that hero enough.

LiQuid!

Thanks everyone for making the right choice.

Oh, I know plenty of people who made the WRONG choice and I'm rubbing their nose in this shit harder than I did the Secret bandwagoners yesterday.
H98L5QF.png

Low Tier
im just a hipster so i cant root for the crowd favorite

honestly tho eg to take it all. s-allah and fear out-core any other team, and universe aui and ppd are all one of if not the best in their respective roles.

a win for eg is a win for america

whens episode 5

inkls

I'd like to thanks all of those who voted for qop arcana to spite me in our stack

Screw you vivi

turns out there is a god and his name is zeus

Shouta

ZEUS! Dota community redeemed!

Jugg still shoulda won

100% fine. He's definitely a good stepping stone hero, and totally capable.

If you want to get into some support heroes that are good from minute 1 until the game ends look at heroes like Lion & Shadow Shaman (hex is always useful, get a blink dagger on them if you can manage the farm), Witch Doctor (get an aghs and his ultimate will slay heroes even super late game), Dazzle (Weave and Grave never fall off). Even heroes getting BKB's doesn't stop those heroes from being useful. My favorite hero, Disruptor gets a whole lot trickier to play once enemy heroes get BKBs, but Glimpse is one of the most powerful support abilities in the entire game if used properly. You can pull heroes back from 1/4 of the way across the map. Can't advocate for that hero enough.

Disruptor was on my list because I really like his move set when I first glanced at it. I'm definitely gonna look into him. Glimpse and Kinetic Field when used in conjunction seem crazy good.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
im just a hipster so i cant root for the crowd favorite

honestly tho eg to take it all. s-allah and fear out-core any other team, and universe aui and ppd are all one of if not the best in their respective roles.

a win for eg is a win for america

whens episode 5
Wouldn't CDEC be the hipster vote?

Wok

Interestingly, during play-offs:

VP 2-0 CDEC
VP 1-1 EG
VP 1-1 VG

EG 2-0 CDEC
EG 2-0 VG
EG 1-1 VP

CDEC 0-2 EG