• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

A bit hyperbole to call that a 6mil Echo Slam, EG was already looking good that game and were 2-1 ahead, not wiping them there wouldn't have changed all that much. Also IMO that was a no-brainer, his Clockwerk plays were much more impressive than his plays in game 4.

I never doubted the boys, best team ever
Now to take autumn and winter majors

imo that echo slam is game securing, if CDEC take the aegis without trouble they still have a shot, this just sealed the deal
clock was playing absolutely shit on this last game, pressure got to his head I guess

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Not gonna lie, gonna miss DotaGAF twitch chat.

I never found out which one of you chucklefucks was Neoninja[numbers] talking shit about Sumail all week. Whoever you are, present your PJSalt for my amusement.

Chris R

So all in all I really loved the event. Much better than last year that's for sure

Liked having a tiny taste of the after party, even if the aisle of an arena doesn't exactly lend itself to "dancing"

Can't wait to get home to play some games now though, bummed people just bailed without saying adios but whatever.

So all in all I really loved the event. Much better than last year that's for sure

Liked having a tiny taste of the after party, even if the aisle of an arena doesn't exactly lend itself to "dancing"

Can't wait to get home to play some games now though, bummed people just bailed without saying adios but whatever.
I have a plane to catch! Walking to the airport right now! Sorry Chris! Bye!

DrPizza

Banned
Pressure got him and tilted. Clockwork pick last game was ehh.

I think losing game 3 seemed to really shake CDEC. They were well up. They took one bad fight, which, OK, it happens. But then that fight in the Dire jungle... BKBs popped pointlessly as they ran away, EG continued to chase, and then got a bunch of kills. It cost them the match.

Chris R

I have a plane to catch! Walking to the airport right now! Sorry Chris! Bye!

No problem, just sucked that I only got to say bye to Dreams, it was nice spending the whole day there with other gaffers.

Still can't believe EG did it. I'll be honest, I thought CDEC was going to win 3-1 after EG won the morning series. So glad to be wrong though, EG is basically the only team I follow and cheer for no matter what. I just thought CDEC had their number after that 2-0 pounding they handed out in the UB Finals.

M.D

network down for anyone else? I had no sound after relaunching twice, restarted my PC and now it says network down

JC Sera

so with ti5 finished
who is up for the nerfs
Heres my list:
  • Leshrac (Lightning most likely)
  • Gyro
  • Phantom Lancer
  • Storm Spirit (Suma1l nerf #2)
  • Bounty Hunter (Track nerf)
  • Techies
  • Tusk
  • Winter Wyvern
  • Visage (100% W/R, Main event, even without drow)
  • Clockwerk (?)
  • Queen of Pain (?)
  • Slark (?)
  • Templar Assassin (?)

(?) is unsure if gonna get nerfed or not

JC Sera

I like your list cuz Lina isn't on it.
I forgot her
templar-shifty.gif

totally not biased
bts_lina.gif

I'm not sure how you would nerf her
I feel like she will suffer more from indirect nerfs in the next patch, rather than direct ones
I have no idea how that works, but thats my gut feeling

why would slark or TA be nerfed?

they're basically right about where they should be

I'd be surprised if techies got any sort of significant nerf, too

visage needs buffs

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Why are we fucking nerfing Visage again? 100% winrate at the main event? What does that even mean? He's a good hero but I don't think he was an imbalanced reason for any of the victories he was a part of. How about nerfing bullshit heroes like Dirge or Naga. Leave Visage alone.

I am surprised there's no "North American team wins the biggest competitive gaming tournament of the year" or something.

Considering all the threads about NA falling behind in competitive games etc etc.

shira

Afterparty rumor report:
- secret 2.0 jerax, kuro, fata, sing
- cloud 9.2 Arteezy, EE, bone
- alliance 2.0 s4 back

I honestly wouldn't care if the only hero that got a nerf was gyro

fuck rocket barrage
i want to finally try this game. should i practice with bots for a while before going online?
the best way to learn is to party up with friends and they can walk you through some games

also read all you can about it

you can mess around with bots sure but ultimately you'll wanna matchmake, it should match you with others of your skill (very new)

friend some folks on here, read some guides, ask questions if you have any, and have fun!

M.D

man, people in 3k have absolutely no idea how creep aggro works
literally wins you every lane lol

edit:

fucking lol
our storm got owned mid.. like owned HARD

tinker was owning, but I noticed he only has 241 games and realized he's a smurf and called him out on it. he denied it all game and acted like he has no idea what a smurf is

looking at dotabuff, all past games are high/very high skill, probably after he calibrated

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Afterparty rumor report:
- secret 2.0 jerax, kuro, fata, sing
- cloud 9.2 Arteezy, EE, bone
- alliance 2.0 s4 back

sourcerino ?

also i dunno why fucking ee is attached to the hip/loves bone7 so much that do is so hot/cold from game to game that it seems impossible to win a major LAN with him

G-Unit

screw u! i just overcame 2000 mmr trench! on my way to 4000mmr

Whats the biggest thing i should improve to get there?

sourcerino ?

also i dunno why fucking ee is attached to the hip/loves bone7 so much that do is so hot/cold from game to game that it seems impossible to win a major LAN with him

bone7 is ixmike lvl, don´t know why is he in a tier2 team

Top Bottom