• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

We'll need a tricolor flag, apparently.

I got you
2000px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png

How would you guys go about splitting 4,750 or so Compendium coins? I'm thinking maybe 2 sets and the rest items. Is it sets or items that have a small chance to give an Arcana?

How would you guys go about splitting 4,750 or so Compendium coins? I'm thinking maybe 2 sets and the rest items. Is it sets or items that have a small chance to give an Arcana?
Items mostly give you garbage in most people's experience. Go for sets only, I got a couple of nice ones. There's a chance for an Arcana if you get sets but don't count on it.

Items mostly give you garbage in most people's experience. Go for sets only, I got a couple of nice ones.

I'm not concerned with rarity or value tbh, just want stuff that's different from the default.

Would I end up getting flooded with Commons that hardly look any different from the default pieces if I went items?

On ratios, if I went for 5 sets, I'd get 2 at max for heroes I ever actually use.

When I say garbage I'm not talking about rarity, it's just random bracers and stuff which just look dull when they're not in a set. The only items that you'd actually want are weapons, head pieces(new hair and stuff) and mounts and even then they might be crap or for heroes you don't want them on. IMO sets mostly look good and unique so it's worth the gamble of not playing that hero.

When I say garbage I'm not talking about rarity, it's just random bracers and stuff which just look dull when they're not in a set. The only items that you'd actually want are weapons, head pieces(new hair and stuff) and mounts and even then they might be crap or for heroes you don't want them on. IMO sets mostly look good and unique so it's worth the gamble of not playing that hero.

I'll go for sets then, and leave enough aside for a few items

Cheers :)

Think I'm done with the compendium levels, need like 10 levels for the next half decent reward.

So I haven't played ranked matches for months because I felt like playing without any of the MMR woes (even though it's something dumb to get stressed out over) and I figured, they still match you up roughly according to your MMR even in unranked.

Now I've played some ranked matches again finally, especially after becoming quite good at phoenix, and oh boy, the level of play is such a major increase. I'm @ 5.4k and damn, even someone with 3.9k in my team just played a superb Rubik. Just in general no one was downright terrible in these ~5 ranked games so far and I enjoyed the games much more.

So I suppose unranked was matching me with 2.5-3k MMR people at times, which would explain a lot. I suppose the unranked matchmaking is simply not as tight-knit pertaining to the MMR as ranked is. Makes a lot of sense of course, but I didn't expect there to be such a major difference.

So I haven't played ranked matches for months because I felt like playing without any of the MMR woes (even though it's something dumb to get stressed out over) and I figured, they still match you up roughly according to your MMR even in unranked.

Now I've played some ranked matches again finally, especially after becoming quite good at phoenix, and oh boy, the level of play is such a major increase. I'm @ 5.4k and damn, even someone with 3.9k in my team just played a superb Rubik. Just in general no one was downright terrible in these ~5 ranked games so far and I enjoyed the games much more.

So I suppose unranked was matching me with 2.5-3k MMR people at times, which would explain a lot. I suppose the unranked matchmaking is simply not as tight-knit pertaining to the MMR as ranked is. Makes a lot of sense of course, but I didn't expect there to be such a major difference.

I get the opposite. My unranked is much higher than ranked, and when I play unranked my team isn't usually hair-pullingly stupid, but because I calibrated as soon as I could after starting and I was playing support at the time, I calibrated really, really low so when I play ranked I get people who do things like not skill Dark Pact on Slark because it hurts them too.

Kade

If Pit Lord was planned to be revealed, Pit Lord would have been revealed. I don't know how that dumb rumour started.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Cool my flight code doesn't exist anymore.
Lucky thanks to the miracle of technology I could call and check in while on the train after talking to someone before it was too late.

USA USA

It's actually a good sign that companies who don't give a shit about Dota are sponsoring. Means the moneys big enough and the exposure good enough to attract sponsors outside of the bubble.

What bubble though? It's at least not one that's going to burst (edit), considering the large part of the price pool is more or less fan/hat sponsored.

But yeh, more sponsorship overall is (usually) always a good thing.

It's actually a good sign that companies who don't give a shit about Dota are sponsoring. Means the moneys big enough and the exposure good enough to attract sponsors outside of the bubble.

I don't agree.

It's still a huge bubble - EG as an organisation are huge.

There is no real "grassroots" with Dota or esports in general.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I got a baby flight and he's going fucking nuts. I did not know baby's could make this many types of noises.

We aren't even flying yet calm down kiddo.

Glad that's cleared up.

It was quite over hyped then with all the "if you thought last year was great" stuff. I'm not sure how a custom game nobody will really play is a bigger announcement than the most anticipated hero that we'd been waiting for and teased with for years.

Well tbf anyone who thought techies getting announced was great is clearly not very reasonable.

Strider

man matchmaking is so terrible right now :/ TI brings back all the quitters it seems. abandons in every game once shit doesnt go their way...

Top Bottom