• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

s4's dad on ti5

CLQCljfUEAASvQ3.jpg:large

JC Sera

I'd be very interested to see Jerax on secret 2.0
but I really like him on hot6 too

as long as bigdaddynotail gets a good team, I will be happy.

Sorry TI Dota GAF, didn't have much time to hang out with you guys since I was here with my friends from college. Was nice being able to put a face to TUSR and Dreams though!

https://twitter.com/FearDotA/status/623731531064999936/photo/1
Fear might retire on a high note. Unless he's still thirsty for dem moneys.
Depends entirely on if his hands can help him make more millions. Because he can certainly make more millions with EG. You know what's better than 1.6 millions? 3.2 millions. Just saying.

Also, I second Chris' thoughts. Sucks everyone disappeared without speaking. I know some of you come from different cultures and traditions and what not, but come the fuck on. I def wanted to say bye or get a parting photo since just about everyone was in the same place and people just placed out. Kinda weak bros. shout out to everyone who did speak. The rest know who you are and will be talked about. You know better.
Rofl, talking to Dreams between games? yeah.

Do you guys not say washroom?
Apologies again for the lost voice. I need to not shout and talk less shit.

M.D

I'd be very interested to see Jerax on secret 2.0
but I really like him on hot6 too

as long as bigdaddynotail gets a good team, I will be happy.

I hope ends up in a good place if he leaves c9. They're not getting anywhere with that current roster.
Also wonder if Fly is sticking with col. He's not from NA so there's some potential issues there with them being in team house and him playing to US with ping

TUSR

Banned
Apologies again for the lost voice. I need to not shout and talk less shit.
The end of tournament was such a mess, I followed my friends outside to meet RTZ during the EG interview. And then they wouldn't let me back inside. Ran to the other side of the arena and couldn't find anyone.

Next year I'll make sure I get international data added to my phone.

The whole event was better than I expected it to be. Hopefully they keep the same venue for next year.

I hope ends up in a good place if he leaves c9. They're not getting anywhere with that current roster.
Also wonder if Fly is sticking with col. He's not from NA so there's some potential issues there with them being in team house and him playing to US with ping
Some good team will be happy to have him. He's excellent and I've never heard a teammate talk shit about him being a problematic teammate. I'm still surprised to this day that Secret dumped him despite the team have a great a period of success with him. As for C9, idk. Is Bone7 the weak link? Is he to EE what Xboct is for Dendi? That friend that you want to have on your team despite them being the clear weakness on the comp? Because I haven't been feeling Bone since Batrider was still relevant.

manfestival

man EG truly living the dream. They won TI5. They literally got 32:22 and 3-22.

Only negative side to this event was the weird deadmau5 event
Mau5.png

Also I would've been totally ok to see ROTK win. JIA YOU YOU DO THIS FOR GRANDMA

Nth kicks EE. Wins TI. Aui kicked by EE. Wins TI
There's something going on guys. Whoever departs from EE will win.

Curious where will rtz/zai will be.

Wok

I am really happy for EG. Each of the players has played out of their mind. It is especially pleasant to see Sumail and Fear win TI... together.

On a sidenote, it took quite a long time to ppd to understand not to let CDEC pick Tusk and Bounty Hunter. He started banning Bounty Hunter but was completely off when banning Dark Seer instead of Tusk.

Also, thankfully, ppd stopped picking stupid Razor.

Demoli

So good to see Aui and espcially Fear win an International, very much deserved.

But so much kudos to CDEC, the team that no one expected anything from but ended up on the GF through the winners bracket.

So good to see Aui and espcially Fear win an International, very much deserved.

But so much kudos to CDEC, the team that no one expected anything from but ended up on the GF through the winners bracket.

This post sums up my thoughts, I hope CDEC stay together even if it's very doubtful they will. At the very least we'll see more of Shiki, Agressif, Xz, Garder and Q's amazing drafting, I've become a fan of them all for different reasons.

I'd be so happy if S4 came back to Alliance though I won't get my hopes up.

LODA
S4
BULLDOG
AKKE
N0TAIL

LETS GO

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

He really is an amazing player; he completely outclassed pretty much every Chinese mid player at TI (even in unfavorable matchups). You could tell Shiki (CDEC's mid player) was legit shook and tilting hard pretty much every game of the grand final, starting from the winner's bracket game where sumail SF was up something like 15-7 on his 7-1 TA. He's basically an arteezy that can actually play playmaker mids (storm/ember/windranger/invoker) AND still manage to get an insane amount of farm while simultaneously hunting around the map for kills and creating space.

Kid is a complete monster and will dominate that mid lane for years to come.

This post sums up my thoughts, I hope CDEC stay together even if it's very doubtful they will. At the very least we'll see more of Shiki, Agressif, Xz, Garder and Q's amazing drafting, I've become a fan of them all for different reasons.

I'd be so happy if S4 came back to Alliance though I won't get my hopes up.

LODA
S4
BULLDOG
AKKE
N0TAIL

LETS GO

bulldog? meh
they were doing better without him when he was taken a break

Nymerio

So happy for Aui, winning TI after he got kicked from C9 must feel amazing.

And the best thing is that my favourite hero was drafted in the final game. That iceblast/echo slam combo
surprise.gif

bulldog? meh
they were doing better without him when he was taken a break
I actually think they were better with Bulldog, and even if they weren't I think Bulldog was consistently the best player on the team. Besides, who else are you going to get for your offlane that's available? I'm not saying that team would be contending for TI, I'd just love to see it.

J2d

Does anyone have an extra doom fires of vashundol set? I figured I should try to get it but if I'm unlucky and one of you guys have it and want some other set from that chest maybe we could trade.

Well gg then.

They really fugged it up.

edit: as long as your support duo are KKY+PPY, you won't win a major.

Na'Vi had their issues, but if you thought it was just Xboct/Funn1k you need to watch more Dota.

They're too passive, one isn't greedy enough. PPY's hero pool is actually quite small.

No, just make sensible adjustments, make mines give gold, or detonate other mines when they explode or don't allow the player to detonate bombs if the person is dead.

nerf suicide damage, cd, and respawn reduction
reduce mines damage
make spells that damage structures be able to damage mines
make mines be killed with 2,3 hits.
remove the stupid sign aghs bullshit

ksan

last time i felt a player being so dominant as sumail was yaphets at his prime

you know this kid is gonna destroy

Just nerf snowball, the more people in it, the slower it goes.

If you fail to connect with it, it will type gg into all chat, abandon you and uninstall dota.

I don mind suicide. It's only broken with one spell in the game.

Can techies suicide if he's shallow graved?

yeah he can, but he dies.

Honestly I think suicide is the most problematic skill. Mines have counterplay, but the counterplay to suicide is "don't go near him" which isn't an option if you're not ranged. Laning into techies with literally any melee hero mean you get fuck all because of this. If you could essentially say "okay, I think it's worth risking a techies suicide because even if I die, he's out of the game for so long I can make up for it" it wouldn't be so cancerous.

That said, a multiplier isn't the best way to do it, I think. A scaling +XX time would be nicer. Say, +30/20/10/0 to nerf suicide in early game pretty hard, while keeping his late game turtle power.

Aggressif is a fucking good carry.
Yup, my favorite carry player now. It's actually pretty unbelievable how he keeps up in farm no matter how early he starts joining fights.

I wonder if Drums > BoT's on PL is viable in pubs or not, seems like it relies on your team a bit too much. Still want to try it out.

Top Bottom