• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Chris R

I thought I saw fear at the airport but then I couldn't find him again after I turned my music off, and its not like there was much terminal left for him to be in.

I must have mistaken another person for the old man :(

Edit: I. Ight bs Irpoet drunk

Try again. I might be airport drunk

TheCrow

I thought I saw fear at the airport but then I couldn't find him again after I turned my music off, and its not like there was much terminal left for him to be in.

Nope. He was definitely here. He walked by us as well.

It was him for sure. I saw him as well

K.Sabot

8bgHYAT.jpg

R E M O V E T E C H I E S

K.Sabot

Playing against techies is like playing against a grappler in Street Fighter, there are some people who are better against him but everyone has to play a completely different style of game when they get picked.

Fliesen

You could try the sandbox mode. Kappa.
I'd suggest a coach and reading some guides to get you started. For example if you are auto attacking creeps in lane it is a sure sign you are new and it does a lot more harm than it seems for example.

i have no issues last hitting. It's mostly about lacking game sense, getting ganked frequently, sticking to an itemization guide pretty hard regardless of team composition, improper use of wards, dusts and stuff.

All the stuff you simply cannot practise against bots.

Kard8p3

No good reason, you are right.

i did this a couple weeks ago before someone from mumble pointed out they actually buffed his invis duration in the last patch, before it was like 15 secs at lvl 1 and 20 at lvl 2, with it being at 20 lvl 1 now it's pretty good by itself.

I've won my past 11 ranked matches, just playing one or two a night. I find I do much better this way, rather than the usual 3-5. I did have one day last month where I had nothing else to do so I played Dota... My record for that day 1-10. That's Dota though. One thing that annoys me at 4k, is that even though I do mostly play support, in 95% of my matches I am the only support. You would think they would understand that a solo support isn't ideal and pick another support, but no.

I'm closing in on 400 Rubick games. Needless to say, he is by far my favourite. I have been playing more Shadow Demon lately; it's very easy to farm with him which helps with the solo support thing. Past few games we've been in a bad position, needed to turtle (which poison is perfect for) then came out with an aghs and destroyed them. 3 Demonic Purges is insane.

For the next patch, at the very least I would like to see Leshrac, Gyro, Bounty, Tusk and Glimmer cape nerfed. My "list of heroes that annoy me and I hope are nerfed too" would include QoP, Storm, Bloodseeker, Techies and Winter Wyvern.

SamuraiX-

now I remember why I stopped playing this game

just had a game where somebody picked CM and demanded mid and then proceeded to refuse to buy wards or upgrade courier

patapuf

why do people hate me for playing Omni? ... is he objectively a sucky hero or do i just suck?

i like omni :(

omni ctually has a pretty good pub winrate.

His biggest problem is that he is weak in the laning phase.

Omni can be one of the most infuriating supports to play against. Free BKB + immunity against physical attacks as well as a pretty good healbomb.

JC Sera

why do people hate me for playing Omni? ... is he objectively a sucky hero or do i just suck?

i like omni :(
Because he can't gank for mid
And cant support for melee carries in lane
too greedy support
shit hero //kappa

main reason they hate is he doesn't impact enough in the early game enough for people, and people go support=good early game, omni=no early game, therefore omni=shit hero

they just don't have enough foresight to see hist true potential
angel.gif

The_Poet

Banned

just had a game where somebody picked CM and demanded mid and then proceeded to refuse to buy wards or upgrade courier

Heroes can have multiple roles and play styles. I've seen CM's dominate a mid lane before.

Look at Naga Siren, can be support or carry.

Crazier things have happened than CM mid, she's an okay midlaner. Also mid isn't supposed to get wards or courier, mid can't also be a support, that's game losing stuff. Just because CM is tradionally played as a support doesn't mean you have to play her as one.

Crazier things have happened than CM mid, she's an okay midlaner. Also mid isn't supposed to get wards or courier, mid can't also be a support, that's game losing stuff. Just because CM is tradionally played as a support doesn't mean you have to play her as one.

why would she need all that xp and gold? she won't be as powerful as say storm, qop etc
its a wasted lane

SamuraiX-

Heroes can have multiple roles and play styles. I've seen CM's dominate a mid lane before.

Look at Naga Siren, can be support or carry.

Playing CM as a carry or even semi-carry sounds like one of the worst things ever.

No, the player gave up mid and went bottom. Then proceeded to steal last hits from our carry and gave zero fucks about denying.

ViviOggi

I told y'all about U-God

#1 digital sports earner slay a bit

Peter Pan Dager done literally nothing in all of the finals but his masterful drafting skills allow his team to wreck 4v5

ROFL is RTZ just watching House on stream? What a fucking guy.
why would she need all that xp and gold? she won't be as powerful as say storm, qop etc
its a wasted lane
Just because it's not the best possible mid doesn't mean it's awful, remember that it's just pubs, anything can work. CM can get midas > BKB > Aghs or something and wreck with her super powerful ulti that will be even harder to deal with because of her level advantage.
No, the player gave up mid and went bottom. Then proceeded to steal last hits from our carry and gave zero fucks about denying.

Now that's a different story.

Razzer

In lower level pubs Omni is actually a great hero because people don't farm fast enough or push fast enough to take advantage of his greediness, and he heavily punishes people that overextend, which is like, all lower level pub players. And this is reflected in his Dotabuff winrate. If you aren't at high MMR, pick him and you'll be fine.

Azusa

I have played with all heroes once in limited and at least I saw their abilities. How should I approach all pick mode? There are too many heroes to choose and I really don't know what most of them can do.

Top Bottom