• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Isn't the thing that Korea and the Chinese teams excel at execution? As a consequence they do really well with micro and landing skill shots, but they kind suffer when it comes to being flexible and making the unconventional choice. League and SC are about having executing a preset plan flawlessly and if things deviate from that plan everything falls apart. Dota by contrast strives to be about adapting to the situation at hand and having lots of situational hero and item picks. Western teams are really good at doing those things instead. That at least is my understanding of how things are between the two disciplines, but I could be wrong. This also isn't a really hard truth anymore like it was a few years ago when it comes to Dota, but it might be what prevents Korea from becoming an unstoppable force if they really commit to the scene. I don't really care either way as long pro games stay reasonably enjoyable to watch and the game's balance keeps evolving in an interesting way.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Guys is it too late to try to level my LV1 compendium? Don't laugh please i just it didn't occur me to buy it until this week because of TI.

I still think oracle's ult as it is is pretty broken if used properly; it's shallow grave plus you can't be disabled plus you can be restored to full health, all while the target can act freely (unlike cold embrace etc.) and oracle's low cooldown spam spells can nuke, amp physical damage, purge, and stop movement

he's not a great teamfight hero but as a ganking support he's super frightening even into lategame -- he's just really hard to use effectively

Deadmau5 strim http://www.twitch.tv/deadmau5
PogChamp.png
Mau5.png

I still think oracle's ult as it is is pretty broken if used properly; it's shallow grave plus you can't be disabled plus you can be restored to full health, all while the target can act freely (unlike cold embrace etc.) and oracle's low cooldown spam spells can nuke, amp physical damage, purge, and stop movement

he's not a great teamfight hero but as a ganking support he's super frightening even into lategame -- he's just really hard to use effectively

he has no effective CC, even fortune's end has a setup, he's terrible for ganking
His ult is a joke compared to grave, with grave even if you take 10k damage during it you can survive in the end, with false promise you die most of the time
Also grave's CD is much shorter

But he was using a broken character and a playstation pad !

Phoenix : doesn't rely too much on farm, needs levels more than anything. Good teamfight hero, shines early/mid game mostly but doesn't fall off too hard late
TB : shit currently. King of pushing early/mid, super squishy, ult is super strong but can't always work
Oracle : mix of offensive and defensive support, pretty shit currently (never picked or banned), he's kinda gimmicky, his ult was nerfed really hard recently
Techies : mindfuck hero. Pretty strong.
Wyvern : defensive support with very good offensive spells too. Very good at depushing, initiating and counter initiating. Ult was nerfed hard recently but is still relevant. Doesn't need much farm (ie #5 position), needs a few levels, shines mid and late game

Thanks man, just what I was looking for.

Pratfall

i think the frog definitely overnerfed his ult. Either take away the invis and keep the cooldown or give back the invis and nerf the CD.

Smithy C

When are Valve going to add the Compendium points for guessing things right about the main event? Or did I really get everything wrong?
dac15_tired.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Now that the din of TI has died down, I'd like to re-propose adding CoolCat to the DotaGAF emote pack.

H98L5QF.png

I feel like this emote is as iconic now as the facepalming Jacky.

Speaking of, has Cyborgmatt reported in to the thread since TI? I feel bad for him and his boys a little bit they were kind of asking for it. Maybe if they stick together for another year they'll actually be like the Heat's big 3 and win the title next year but there was no way they were going to live up to the expectations this year with all that hubris.

who here plays a good ta so I can watch some replays? TA skillsets is pretty appealing to me, but I'm pretty bad with her. Especially with her starting range, and me over using refraction and certain mid heroes like Viper.
templar-shifty.gif

holy fuck that CM is so amazing.

Wow the desolator rush for TA is really effective, I always thought blink was core but I didn't need it for the whole game. The other team has to choose to either stay and get wrecked by deso or run away and let me get my refraction back, in which case I can probably still chase them down with traps.

TUSR

Banned
Wow the desolator rush for TA is really effective, I always thought blink was core but I didn't need it for the whole game. The other team has to choose to either stay and get wrecked by deso or run away and let me get my refraction back, in which case I can probably still chase them down with traps.

the deso cost reduction was a large indirect buff to TA

you will almost always have the space to farm it in pubs, especially if you are on radiant.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I should have ordered earlier missed out on the BH demi so just went for DP, hope I don't get fucked by customs.

JustinBB7

I went to see how much shipping would cost. A 19.50 dollar Doom Demihero, shipping to Holland is 88,17 dollars.

lmao.

Edit: With UPS worldwide that is. Other ones are 11 and 30 dollars..still insane.

Top Bottom