• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

inkls

salty.gif
salty.gif
salty.gif
salty.gif
salty.gif
salty.gif
salty.gif
salty.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
How long do we got to level up our compendiums? I've been trying to get that win 15 games in reborn achievement finished but I don't actually win games of Dota anymore.

inkls

s4 back to alliance i bet. mad had being saying we were gonna see changes in the alliance roster and signs pointed to pajkatt leaving

Arol

I wouldn't mind Kuro back on carry if RTZ does leave.

I think the majors will be great for stability. Especially for developing loyalty and great rivalries.

Qvoth

is lol's pro scene like this too? after a major tournament, shuffles everywhere?
i feel like this is detrimental to the scene, team synergy is too underrated

shira

Secret actually breaking up? What a joke. I guess it's what their shitty bandwagon deserves. God forbid a team actually stay together for more than a couple months to develop AS A TEAM. They could have earned their fandom and redeemed themselves but they didn't. All 5 of those guys are pussies. Learn how to take a loss like fucking adult and stop acting like little children. Was so close to feeling bad for them for losing but fuck em all. I guess you shouldn't expect much from a bunch of players that were so eager to fuck their previous teams in order to create a "dream team" in the first place. Bunch of dumb egos that don't even deserve the place they got.
Look at the composition:
- S4 is a delicate flower, you can't pressure him or else chokes hard. Needs loda or EE to shoulder all the blame/attention
- zai wavering commitment
- rtz cancer on every team he's been on
- kuro/puppey been around too long to put up with a bunch of crybabies, they'll find 3 cores who want to win

I'd say a big part of winning TI is mental. Once they pulled the sunglasses bullshit and got rekt it was over.

aeolist

Banned
I wouldn't mind Kuro back on carry if RTZ does leave.

I think the majors will be great for stability. Especially for developing loyalty and great rivalries.

i definitely want to see kuro as position 1 again, i think he was better there than rtz

good supports are harder to find though i guess

I don't think S4 was some kind of delicate flower.

When it comes down it I don't think Secret took Ti nearly as seriously as they needed to. Teams come prepared and it feels like Secret more often than not got by on their talent alone.

If Ti and DAC are any indication, the Majors are going to be for teams with great captains.. of which there are more in the Eastern teams.

Holy shit, why is invoker so hard to play? What skill do I begin leveling, how do I remember all those combos!? *sigh* just when I thought I was getting good at figuring out the characters, invoker gets in my way...

Is there anything out there reliable, that is up to date, for an invoker guide?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Look at the composition:
- S4 is a delicate flower, you can't pressure him or else chokes hard. Needs loda or EE to shoulder all the blame/attention
- zai wavering commitment
- rtz cancer on every team he's been on
- kuro/puppey been around too long to put up with a bunch of crybabies, they'll find 3 cores who want to win

I'd say a big part of winning TI is mental. Once they pulled the sunglasses bullshit and got rekt it was over.

H98L5QF.png

Should I be playing in the reborn client if I'm not looking for compendium points or is it better to just stick to the regular client for now?

yeah s4 had a bad game/ti, doesn't make him bad, secret was dominating everyone before ti
but obviously he's leaving secret anyway so doesn't really matter anymore
S4 is really not a bad captain but his run at TI was not good.
A team with a good captain goes a long way. PPD, xiao8, Q, rotk and fy are the best out there.

Artour has been playing mid on his stream. He might want playing mid on his new team or whatever.

LiQuid!

Should I be playing in the reborn client if I'm not looking for compendium points or is it better to just stick to the regular client for now?

The reborn client is a lot better (game stability-wise) than it was the first couple weeks of launch, so it's viable to play all your games in, IMO. There doesn't seem to be any actual benefit to playing in Reborn yet tho so you might as well just stick to the regular client for now.

The reborn client, since it has less people playing in it, does have the potential to have a wider spread of MMR/skilled players in any given game in order to make the matchmaking timely. My 5 stack of 2-3k players got matched against a guy with like 13 games of Dota played total one time in Reborn.

Chris R

So against a good storm, do I need a hex/abyssal? Had a game against him on TA, should have killed him much more often but he'd jump me, dust, pull me in and try to burst me down when I turned around and prayed to rngesus for a crit to destroy him, put a trap where I though he'd jump and then watch him ball and waddle away with 25% remaining HP :(

edit: And don't look at the pictures and think that TI wasn't awesome. Sure the arena was 50 - 75% full most of the time, but sitting in the crowded sections and talking with the people around made for a great time. Great rivalry between the West and East fans and everyone being cordial. Sitting next to the event's best hype man in the form of Dreams-Visions was also a blast. The entire arena blew up at that echo slam. SO MUCH FUN

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What is the best way to get better at this game? Just keep playing bots till I get comfortable?

Baptism by fire. Subject yourself to the hell that is solo queue and come out tempered into steel or a broken man.

Top Bottom