• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Onemic

Baptism by fire. Subject yourself to the hell that is solo queue and come out tempered into steel or a broken man.

;_;

I guess it'll help to have stuff like a build ready I assume? Im alredy set on learning how to support first, as I assume that's the easiest way to ease myself into the game, so I'm focusing on Lion and Warlock for now

;_;

I guess it'll help to have stuff like a build ready I assume? Im alredy set on learning how to support first, as I assume that's the easiest way to ease myself into the game, so I'm focusing on Lion and Warlock for now
Those are good starting supports. Honestly just go find a game, try some shit out and learn from your mistakes until you don't make them anymore in 50 years.

And don't forget the mute button.

Kard8p3

Whys that? Are they better for beginners vs Lion and Warlock?

Naw, not really, but they are IMO 1000000x more fun once you get the hang of it. BH supp is way easier than Riki supp. If you're interested just watch any TI5 game with BH in it tbh.

I dream of the day more ppl recognize supp riki

edit: also since they're invis heroes newer players might not know how to deal w/ them.

TUSR

Banned
bh and riki support are good for another reason

if youre completely useless, at least the other team might waste money on sentries

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Naw, not really, but they are IMO 1000000x more fun once you get the hang of it. BH supp is way easier than Riki supp. If you're interested just watch any TI5 game with BH in it tbh.

I dream of the day more ppl recognize supp riki

edit: also since they're invis heroes newer players might not know how to deal w/ them.

playing against people who didnt buy detection
those were the days

Wok

playing against people who didnt buy detection
those were the days

The good thing about support riki is they can buy as many detection items as they want, you will still win and they will tilt really hard. It takes a lot of coordination to kill a support Riki and this is what pubs lack.

What is the best way to get better at this game? Just keep playing bots till I get comfortable?

Best way to get better at this game is to have someone teach you actually. Do you have any friends who play the game already? Alternatively I'm sure some of the kinder folks here don't mind taking a new person under their wing.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
What is the best way to get better at this game? Just keep playing bots till I get comfortable?

Play the game a lot.

When you aren't playing the game, read about the game.

Random a hero against human opponents.

Fail horribly.

Go read about the hero you failed with and learn about how they're supposed to be played and try again.

Do better than the last time you played that hero.

Don't be afraid of failing. You're going to be a calamity magnet for your first year or so of playing. Probably longer.

If you have the drive to actually learn and get better you just will over time.

Avoid bot games at all costs. Going 0-30 against human players will give you vastly more knowledge about how Dota actually works than any amount of time spent playing bots.

If you've just recently started playing Dota, save your first couple of replays against human opponents. You'll be glad you did. I regret not downloading my first few games and I really wish I could go back to seeing how awful I was. Using WASD camera and having no clue how to execute basic game functions.

Wok

Watch pro games in the perspective of one of the support players.

Try to replicate what they do and understand why they do it.

Also, use the in-game item and skill builds (the little book at the top left corner) to get the hang of the heroes and items.

I don't think S4 was some kind of delicate flower.

When it comes down it I don't think Secret took Ti nearly as seriously as they needed to. Teams come prepared and it feels like Secret more often than not got by on their talent alone.

If Ti and DAC are any indication, the Majors are going to be for teams with great captains.. of which there are more in the Eastern teams.

That's a huge problem if you can't be motivated for the biggest tournament.

I don't think motivation was the issue, you wouldn't be seeing that video of RTZ getting mad if they didn't care. All signs point toward that team not having any chemistry, which is a huge issue.

Zai had almost no experience playing offlane on a pro level.
RTZ wants to play mid
S4 wants to play mid
Kuroko wanted to play carry

Add the fact that RTZ said they couldn't stand each other for long enough to scrim at all and it's no wonder the team is imploding now that Zai is going to focus on school anyway. Most probable thing to happen is that RTZ leaves, they get a support and an offlaner and they go back to the original plan. Either that or S4 also goes back to Alliance and it's just Puppey and Kuro.

Fevaweva

Maybe all of Secret are just trolling us and they aren't breaking up. They are just making us think they are.

Probably not though.

JC Sera

I like it
sad about zai tho
that he comes as a package deal with rtz

Really want a good team for big daddy
dac15_sad.gif

JC Sera

totally not stolen from reddit
http://ask.fm/quantumpope
Is c9 shuffling its roster
Probably
Is secret shuffling its roster
Probably
Which teams are shuffling players?
Teams that require changes.
Why must the new roster stay a secret? Leak please! :)
Because I don't have anything to leak.
Let us know in your twitter if there would be roster changes‎
I will probably do that.
On the scale of 0 to 10, How would you rate C9's chances of roster change.
10/10
Hey Conrad, met you several times at the international. Just wondering if C9 do have a roster change, who would you like to see in the team?‎
I would like to see people who are passionate, hard working and committed to becoming the best team possible.

manfestival

would be crazy if EG did a shuffle but that wouldnt make any sense since

also I feel dirty for playing bloodseeker 2 games in a row. Why is this?

J2d

So I'm learning doom at the moment, what's the best way to jungle and which item should I go for? Midas seems like the most common item to go for but it seems kinda shitty to leave the rest of the team to fend for themselves and not having some useful item to show for it for along time. Is vlads an ok first item? I'm thinking the aura from that and one of the wolf creeps might really help out and it solves some other issues with the hero (mana issues, not having to get tranquil boots).

Is it worth consuming a smaller creep just to maintain a specific ability in the beginning or do you always consume fat one no matter what(centaurs are nice but since they don't give a passive I try to avoid eating them)?

Some abilities should be kept. Big satyr is the best for early I feel, or the troll with mana/heal, you can use it to spam scorched earth more and use the heal while waiting for creeps to spawn
Midas is good tbh, tranq, blink, you'll need aghs quite early too, then everything is situational imo

I'm an insider too and RTZ is moving to heroes of the storm, burning too.

does that game still exist?

Midas seems like the most common item to go for but it seems kinda shitty to leave the rest of the team to fend for themselves and not having some useful item to show for it for along time.

Doom is only good when he gets his ult, so do whatever it takes to get there quickly. There's really no helping your team with Doom until you hit 6.

ICEFROG BUFF PLS

Midas seems like the most common item to go for but it seems kinda shitty to leave the rest of the team to fend for themselves and not having some useful item to show for it for along time.

Well that's kind of the point of junglers. You take the risk of the team being aggressive enough to stop both you and the safe lane from free farming, for the trade off of you both not leeching XP from one another.

I need to do lone druid for my all hero challenge, but every one I've had on my team has been useless because they try to enter a fight too soon or too often. With LD you really don't need to leave the jungle for a long time, except to maybe stop gank attempts or to defend the tower closest to you.

I'm basically going to tell my team "pick a strong safelane and stay alive until I finish farming" because that's how LD plays really.

Top Bottom