• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

JC Sera

dire is gaf team right, going by the banner
horse.gif

also r.i.p steve, since you changed your icon 3 times since I joined, I could attribute only half your shitposting to you
but seriously the post owning up for your behaviour is very mature of you, super sad you got a perm when you definitely are self reflective

A message from steve:

zombie steve said:
Hey, I won't talk from the grave again, just this one time to clear up something.

I didn't get banned for talking about GMOs. I got banned because I was discussing them in a thread about Bernie Sanders and race. At best it was wildly off topic and inconsiderate to everyone else in the thread. At worst it made me look like a #alllivesmatter asshole (ewwww). I was drunk and emotional as I had attended a seminar about GMOs and world hunger earlier that day, I woke up and read my posts and said man those are dumb. It also wasn't solely that, but combined with the last few months of my shitposting in general earned me a perma as I obviously didn't learn from the previous bans. Anyhow I knew better and deserved it.

I had been using gaf less as a constructive place of conversation and more of a blowing off steam end of day nonsense post for a while anyhow, so it's probably better I moved on for my own and everyone elses sake.

This and the giant bomb thread are the only places I'll miss, and it's not that big a loss since we're mostly all friends on steam. If you ever need anything just hit me up, and if someone in the thread is asking for someone to queue up with even if they're bad don't be afraid to recommend me still.

Anyhow, love all y'all (yes even you heavy's and shugg), play dota with you soon!

MGS3-Snake-Salutes-The-Boss-Grave.jpg

M.D

I've got the Bloodseeker, Visage, Slardar and Alchemist immortals from the new chests and looking to trade for immortals from the compendium

They're not tradable but can be gifted. If anyone is interested PM me plx

^

I bought 2 of those dota demihero things

Got the rare golden version of the Crystal maiden

That's cool but I wanted a regular blue Crystal maiden :|

INTERNAL CONFLICT

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Currently living in a post-Steve world and don't know which way I'm going anymore.

LOL @ RTZ nick name now.

But is he crashed?
laugh.gif

PPD TI5 draft analysis (27min)

Thanks for this, idk why he gets so much hate, he comes off as a pretty sincere guy and his contributions to the community (such as this) have always been legitimately good.

Props to him for bothering doing this to help us scrubs understand the real strategy behind the drafting phase.

sixghost

How do you know when someone is going support? Some characters that arent normally classified as support are used as one and vice versa. Currently the only way I know is by looking at the gold per minute stat because generally the lowest two for each team are supports.
As a general rule of thumb, the heroes getting last hits on the enemy creeps in lane are the 3 cores, the heroes doing other stuff like ganking or pulling are the supports. It can be really difficult to figure out who is playing support at the pick screen, if that is what you're asking. Like you said, there are lots of heroes that can be both supports or cores. In a perfect world everyone would mark their hero on the map and say something like "this is a farming Lina fyi" in chat after they pick it.

pompidu

They really need to nerf hereos in this game badly. Meta has really been held back in the pubs but its really come full force now. You can tell how much better certain hereos are.

Anyone having connection issues? Right now it says the network is offline. Yesterday I got a forced abandon when I joined a game and immediately got kicked to the main menu. Other online games are working fine. :\

pompidu

Anyone having connection issues? Right now it says the network is offline. Yesterday I got a forced abandon when I joined a game and immediately got kicked to the main menu. Other online games are working fine. :\

Weekly dumb timing steam maintenance.

Aw man, hanging with Steve at TI was actually super fun. Super shame, will pour one out from this Walgreen's novelty Seattle flask we went and got.
dac15_sad.gif

I started playing nothing but Dark Seer since seeing him wreck shit on TI5 main event and am now 9-3 with him.

LQ4ZGRm.jpg

Why did no one tell me he's so good?

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I started playing nothing but Dark Seer since seeing him wreck shit on TI5 main event and am now 9-3 with him.

http://i.imgur.com/LQ4ZGRm.jpg[img]

Why did no one tell me he's so good?[/QUOTE]

Why are you buying ghost scepter every game? With the armor from shiva's and his high mobility it isn't really an item you need except in the most extreme cases. You should also stay away from that ags, it doesn't do all that much for him and your much better suited using the gold for higher impact items.

Consider blink, sheep, dagon, euls/linkens depending on the game.

inkls

Why are you buying ghost scepter every game? With the armor from shiva's and his high mobility it isn't really an item you need except in the most extreme cases. You should also stay away from that ags, it doesn't do all that much for him and your much better suited using the gold for higher impact items.

Consider blink, sheep, dagon, euls/linkens depending on the game.

what about octarine?

Finally willed myself into a game again and I lost D: I did a lot a of shit wrong and did fuck all for a lot of early mid game, but it was nice to play an actual game again. Hopefully I don't go on like a 10 game loss streak or something.'

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
what about octarine?

As far as I know the issue where ion shell doesn't give you healing from octarine is still occurring, but it may have been fixed. If so then it's also a viable buy, but it's kinda tied to your team comp. Without at least one other melee hero that wants to get in close to enemy heroes and stay there you aren't going to get the full value.

Top Bottom