• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

inkls

inkls hates me and hates the pics I send him

DansGame.png

TUSR

Banned
Hey man I've been busy after TI and I'm now back on a normal sleep schedule which means nobody's awake when I am.

Also I realized that was actually my first match in 2 weeks, wow. The post-TI burnout was real.
I've played 22 games since I got back in 3 days. Which has to be some sort of personal record.

Dineren

Banned
Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but going into my first online game, should I worry at all about what other people are picking or just pick who I am familiar with? I was watching Dave Snider playing a MMR calibration match and despite his attempts, no one on his team seemed to coordinate their heroes or lanes at all. Is this typical when you're just starting?

Everything I've seen just says jump into the online once you have the basics and you'll eventually pick up the rest and I've been wondering if I've been overthinking it and should just give it a shot.

Despite playing through the tutorial(and guided bot matches in reborn) and watching quite a few matches during TI I still feel like I only really know a few hero abilities so I've been pretty hesitant to try.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but going into my first online game, should I worry at all about what other people are picking or just pick who I am familiar with? I was watching Dave Snider playing a MMR calibration match and despite his attempts, no one on his team seemed to coordinate their heroes or lanes at all. Is this typical when you're just starting?

Everything I've seen just says jump into the online once you have the basics and you'll eventually pick up the rest and I've been wondering if I've been overthinking it and should just give it a shot.

Despite playing through the tutorial(and guided bot matches in reborn) and watching quite a few matches during TI I still feel like I only really know a few hero abilities so I've been pretty hesitant to try.

Nobody at your level will have any idea what they're doing so I would not worry about it. Play familiar heroes for a while then branch out to others. Eventually you will naturally improve the rest of your game as well.

that's typical pretty much regardless of MMR when you're playing all pick. Just pick what you like and try to make it work. Just don't go picking some niche hero in to hard counters (brood in to axe or something). And don't get pissy if you end up with 5 hard carries and no one buys wards. If you want em, buy em.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i have to play with inkls whenever i get the chance, it's so rare these days with his new policy of only playing with 3k+ players

Gothos

Those Techies games, man... Just finished one - 97 minutes long! Thank god he was on my side and we won. I even got my first mythical bundle as a reward drop! :)

Time to sleep...

friendly reminder that secret didn't even place top4 at TI

which is hilarious in retrospect since I kept calling half jokingly they'd place 6th and the badnwagon would implode after the event
laugh.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Global range but stun and damage tapers down as it gets farther from him.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if it would be too OP to have a hero with an instant global AoE mini-stun for an ult.

Maybe you could do something really dumb and make something like "Global Shuffle: All heroes randomly swap places with allies"

Ravage Aghs:

Kraken literally comes out of the ground in its entirety and eats the opposing team. 1800 AoE. 2000 composite damage nuke. Make it happen.

literally ever str hero that isn't called clockwerk or dark seer

That cone head is an Int hero tho. But yeah I agree with you, Str heroes don't stand a chance against any of the most popular Agi carries in the late game, feels like most STR heroes shine early in the game just to fall off rather quickly as the game goes on.

Top Bottom