• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

http://goo.gl/forms/o4ayOx0Csa
Made a 6.85 survey
feel free to fill it in, I'm curious to see your opinions
bts_lina.gif

I half assed the buff/nerf lists, way too many to check and I'm lazy today

JC Sera

Shout out to G.ZZZ for comprehensive buff analysis
and picking the same hero as me to get buffed

edit: Call out for Shuggs and "Memer coat"

who do you think is the best blyatcyka counter? both carry and support. need to know how to counter pick this ding dong.

Bloodseeker is not that strong. He's good in pubs and better than he's ever been but IMO not Troll/Sniper level or anywhere close to be honest.

He does absolutely nothing against Wraith King for Instance.

Can't TP away from a blood seeker who gets a million solo kills in lane and can kill you in 2 seconds with bloodrage-infused right clicks. Not to mention the fact that if literally anyone in the area has a stun, you're dead 100%.

I like really tanky early midgame heroes to deal with him. Early game ult is pretty weak and heroes like bristle can typically just eat it and live. Either that or outscaling.

Holden

Can't TP away from a blood seeker who gets a million solo kills in lane and can kill you in 2 seconds with bloodrage-infused right clicks. Not to mention the fact that if literally anyone in the area has a stun, you're dead 100%.

sounds like about all the solo mid heroes that get fed

sounds like about all the solo mid heroes that get fed

Yeah lol. Don't see how QoP, SF and so forth with similar feed wouldn't decimate your team as well.

His laning is good and that can be a problem. But he is not even close to being impossible to deal with. 6.83c Troll was significantly stronger. Oh and Troll stills owns him btw. Unless BS gets Blade Mail in which case you blind him and TP.

Holden

Yeah, but that's why BS is such a dickwad, right? I mean, if BS doesn't get a really good start he gets outscaled and shat on. At least that's my experience.

So you are saying he's not a great hero? I agree ;-)

Anyway i don't see cykablyat that much and when i do he's never a huge problem compared to other heroes..

So you are saying he's not a great hero? I agree ;-)

I don't think he's that ridiculous either, tbh. My experience from spamming slark (since people constantly pick BS in to Slark) is that if BS gets off to a strong early start, he's stupidly hard to deal with. More so than most semi carries. That said, if he doesn't get that early lead he's pretty garbage. Basically just a big AoE Silence and then at 16 rupture.

Thing is, when someone asks for a way to counter/deal with a certain hero, you're clearly assuming the worst (in this case, that BS will get that early lead and be very hard to deal with if not dealt with deliberately). No one asks "How do you deal with a <hero> that got stomped in lane?" because it's a non issue. By the time that BS is a big issue, I just don't think TP is a good answer unless 1) he's alone and 2) you're tanky.

Someone explain to me what single pulling is good for, in what situations would you rather do that than stack and pull or pullthrough? I think you'd do it if you want to push right?

Bilix

You kill BS like you kill any carry now:

Chain disables and burst damage. He's even such a nice guy, he lets you blow him up 40% faster.

rexor0717

I wonder if there needs to be a big change to bring back strength carries, a large amount of them have not been popular for a long time. Maybe they need a new item that's good for them but not agi carries, like armlet but more late game oriented.
One way of making them more affective would be to reduce the effectiveness of armor.

I like really tanky early midgame heroes to deal with him. Early game ult is pretty weak and heroes like bristle can typically just eat it and live. Either that or outscaling.

Clinkz can do some damage to him if he's got a few items up. Also just go inv if your ruptured and he's not carrying dust.

Pratfall

I actually like the WK suggestion. Maybe I will spam him (and lose from PL/lion counterpicks). why does dota have to be harrrdddd

Clinkz can do some damage to him if he's got a few items up. Also just go inv if your ruptured and he's not carrying dust.

Alternatively, Clinkz literally can't do anything in to bloodseeker if they have detection. Unless he has an item lead and can blow him up, silence + rupture DESTROYS Clinkz. I honestly hate that match up more than Slark/BS. That said, you're right that invis heroes have some counterplay if they don't have detection, but that's true of basically everything that isn't Shaker/SK/Etc.

Alternatively, Clinkz literally can't do anything in to bloodseeker if they have detection. Unless he has an item lead and can blow him up, silence + rupture DESTROYS Clinkz. I honestly hate that match up more than Slark/BS. That said, you're right that invis heroes have some counterplay if they don't have detection, but that's true of basically everything that isn't Shaker/SK/Etc.

Just find him farming the jungle with bloodrage on, blow him up with medallion and/or deso

You kill BS like you kill any carry now:

Chain disables and burst damage. He's even such a nice guy, he lets you blow him up 40% faster.

I don't understand why people only self cast bloodrage, I always cast it on them after rupture , if they move a little bit the 40% added damage will hurt them really really bad.

I say WW is a good counter to him, cold embrace renders him near useless, and his MS won't mean anything when he is getting killed by his own teammates.

Can't get counterpicked if you pick last
If he's not an idiot he'll carry dust after the first time his gank fails

Well if it's out of early game just go invisible and silence him first. Typically seekers are running around solo like clinkz.

If they have detection it's whoever gets the jump first.

J2d

Is slark that bad against blood seeker? I have only played that matchup once and I felt op as hell against him, just pounced into a forrest, if that wasn't an option I still felt like I could run around with his ult on me for days with the regen.

Is slark that bad against blood seeker? I have only played that matchup once and I felt op as hell against him, just pounced into a forrest, if that wasn't an option I still felt like I could run around with his ult on me for days with the regen.
Bloodseeker's Thirst hard counters Slark's ultimate passive. When you're below the threshold you can't regen unless you activate ult. As a solution you can get bottle or tranquils or something.

That's beside the fact that Slark needs to be mobile and Rupture completely fucks him in that sense, he also doesn't like getting silenced but it's not hard to not get hit by that assuming there's no setup.

Doesn't mean he can't have a good game vs Bloodseeker though, Dota's about more than just matchups.

Someone explain to me what single pulling is good for, in what situations would you rather do that than stack and pull or pullthrough? I think you'd do it if you want to push right?
You can also pull through while single pulling, which is probably what one is supposed to be doing if pulls aren't being contested. I'm a shit support though, so what do I know.

You lose your ability to disengage from a fight at will, which also makes essence shift not as great. It's not the hardest counter pick ever, but it's a hassle. I personally have always dreaded Lesh more as Slark.

Edit: Yeah, what Gentle Rodriguez said. Phone typing is slow sometimes.

who do you think is the best blyatcyka counter? both carry and support. need to know how to counter pick this ding dong.
Abaddon and Legion can both purge all his spells at lvl one just don't get silenced yourself. I have no idea how well this works in practice I haven't even run into Bloodseeker since coming back.

Top Bottom