• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Madouu

Is slark that bad against blood seeker? I have only played that matchup once and I felt op as hell against him, just pounced into a forrest, if that wasn't an option I still felt like I could run around with his ult on me for days with the regen.

Bloodseeker is not as good of a counter to Slark anymore. The main issue is that BS is pretty good in the current patch/meta while Slark is close to garbage tier.

shira

?

What's happening is expected, the deadline brings stability, after that the teams are set. No random standins every game, no teams with a different roster each week, etc.

Removing the try-out phase is going to be disaster.

I expect Major 1 is going to be a mess, with revisions for Major 2 & 3

Is slark that bad against blood seeker? I have only played that matchup once and I felt op as hell against him, just pounced into a forrest, if that wasn't an option I still felt like I could run around with his ult on me for days with the regen.

Nah, BS beats him if he gets a big XP lead. That's about it.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Bloodseeker is not as good of a counter to Slark anymore. The main issue is that BS is pretty good in the current patch/meta while Slark is close to garbage tier.

hxJLK23.gif

My guess is C9 will just acquire whichever independent post-shuffle team that looks the most promising

also, rtz back on EG would be hilarious

Pratfall

note the difference between using the word meme everywhere ironically and being a memespouter aka bigdaddyn0lan or singsing

your fight is valiant and noble my friend. do not veer from your path even if every voice in your head says "calm down and let other people like things"

Sianos

profound sadness

it feels like the duality of dota right now is making space so that your carries can decide to not farm and farming so your team can get trashed in lane and lose all the space

i don't pretend to be an amazing player, but it is truly disheartening when you politely ask your void to stop using chrono to steal kills on an almost dead solo windrunner being ganked by five people ("hey could you save your chrono for teamfights") and they go on to waste chrono and then immediately die

also shoutouts to the 5:01 second death from aegis expiring

dac15_sad.gif

Like I get that English isn't your first language but surely you know you can use words other than "meme" to describe something you dislike.
how about dank?
blink.gif

Havent really played storm this patch. It's not significant but I'm still not used using him after his ms nerf. Feels weird. Good thing there's Ember which is fun to use.

J2d

profound sadness

it feels like the duality of dota right now is making space so that your carries can decide to not farm and farming so your team can get trashed in lane and lose all the space

i don't pretend to be an amazing player, but it is truly disheartening when you politely ask your void to stop using chrono to steal kills on an almost dead solo windrunner being ganked by five people ("hey could you save your chrono for teamfights") and they go on to waste chrono and then immediately die

dac15_sad.gif
Speaking of kinda wasted ults, I doomed a less than 100hp hero yesterday, I judged the chance of him getting away to be too high and I was gonna go back and farm for the next minute and half anyway so fuck it! Long time since I have been blasted so much by my teammates so I actually tilted hard..

manfestival

profound sadness

dac15_sad.gif

pls no feel sad friend. i lub you

Speaking of kinda wasted ults, I doomed a less than 100hp hero yesterday, I judged the chance of him getting away to be too high and I was gonna go back and farm for the next minute and half anyway so fuck it! Long time since I have been blasted so much by my teammates so I actually tilted hard..

That's when you type "NO KILL LIKE OVERKILL. KILL SECURED."

I just mute people for being stupid. Like I don't do it at the start of the game, but I do it as soon as they start to tilt or say something asinine.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Shadowfiend is pretty OP in Hearthstone IMO:
NGjX588.png

On par stats if you top deck him, super cheap card if you can start with him.

J2d

That's when you type "NO KILL LIKE OVERKILL. KILL SECURED."

I just mute people for being stupid. Like I don't do it at the start of the game, but I do it as soon as they start to tilt or say something asinine.
If I was to check the replay I probably could have held off, but I feel like people are to fucking stingy with ults and stuff early game, I might as well just use it as soon as I get it in most cases(at least for doom). It's not like I go hey I just got level 1 doom everyone go mid and destroy the throne. Let's just enjoy a fucking kill and farm freely for 30 secs in the safe lane while we compliment each other on a nice game simpsonspeopleallovertheworldholdinghands.jpg

I decided to just use my ult whenever I get in a fight now. I feel like pubs almost never retaliate after losing a hero, so my ults invariably going to be off cd the next time I fight. Its probably going to bite me in the ass at some point, but for now it seems to work fine.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I really want to like this game but the community is awful. I'm currently tabbed out in a game where our AM is just buying carriers and suiciding with them, for absolutely no reason other than he's a complete asshole.

I really want to like this game but the community is awful. I'm currently tabbed out in a game where our AM is just buying carriers and suiciding with them, for absolutely no reason other than he's a complete asshole.

report and afk fountain or jungle or in trees near creeps
some people will tell you to stay positive in that situation and try really hard to win 4v6 but fuck that

Smithy C

Play with GAF people and mute the other team. You'll hopefully enjoy the game more. Hopefully.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Sad thing is I can't even report him because I'm only level 2 so he just gets away with it, the other team commending him for making them win. I mean, I just don't understand that. That sort of behaviour should earn 9 reports and low priority.

shira

Sad thing is I can't even report him because I'm only level 2 so he just gets away with it, the other team commending him for making them win. I mean, I just don't understand that. That sort of behaviour should earn 9 reports and low priority.

RU SteveWinwood alt?
thinking.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
For as much as I disliked C9 and Envy, I'm actually really going to miss watching them fail spectacularly. This is definitely the end of an era and I'm not above paying some respects for probably some of the most entertaining Dota in the last 2 years.

anuxi_rum.gif

For as much as I disliked C9 and Envy, I'm actually really going to miss watching them fail spectacularly. This is definitely the end of an era and I'm not above paying some respects for probably some of the most entertaining Dota in the last 2 years.

anuxi_rum.gif

don't worry ee will find a new team to fuck up

manfestival

the advice that was given was good. just dont play a game with me because i will make you hate the game more

Sianos

pls no feel sad friend. i lub you

<3

Yeah, I just need to accept that losing doesn't invalidate my performance: mistakes were made and throws occurred, but that doesn't retroactively sully my early dominance. I think I wasted too much mana constantly killing the out of position but tanky Pudge and spent too much time refueling mana. Oh well, live and learn.

That will sort of go away once you get out the smurf territory and then will come back again until like 3.2k mmr when it sort of fades out. People are still assholes, they seem to be a little easier to reason with at that point. I wouldn't let it get to you. If you want someone to queue with you can add me. I'm not great only 3.2k solo mmr and that was a year ago, but hey once less verbally abusive idiot to deal with. steamcommunity.com/id/MTspaces

Top Bottom