• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Hylian7

Yeah, I'm about about done with that. Some people are on ignore.

Anyway, positive things. I forgot to mention the moment when EG picked Techies vs CDEC, near the beginning there was that cluster of mines in the trees in the top lane, and every time PL walked near then, the whole audience was just like "Ooooooo". He didn't walk into them but came really close a bunch of times. It was cool seeing the audience get into it like that, and also a testament to how well soundproofed the booths were. Or at the very least, all the cheers were so confusing with everything else going on that it didn't really indicate anything to the players. I mean people cheered at XP and gold graphs plenty of times.

Sanjay

Ok just finished up with watching the TI replays, fuck yeah EG won TI!!!

I just caught up on the games after hiding from the internet to avoid spoilers.

Amazing games, best TI finals yet and game meta.
fail.gif

Couldn't get a reliable wifi signal on my phone, and I got dicked by Canadian telecomms on international rates.

Long story short, I have an old business plan with 6GB of data and Telus is trying to get me to switch to a 1GB plan for the same cost by removing the ability to add reasonable international rates to old business plans.
Don't believe his lies

Low Tier
Vade shoots, vade scores, hot like a drive-by at your door
hylian be like ollie twist, posting like "sir may i have some more"
aw shit, there it goes, old school threats of that ignore
dont wanna be on that list g, low key, hes a bit sore
illuminati, free bugattis, everyone's out to get him, but hylian aint sweatin
keyboard ready, fingers heavy, postin essays on the steady
Losing mid and banned in OT, this be the shit that Hylian be.

Hi TUSR

Hylian7

Ok just finished up with watching the TI replays, fuck yeah EG won TI!!!

I just caught up on the games after hiding from the internet to avoid spoilers.

Amazing games, best TI finals yet and game meta.
fail.gif
How did you manage to get through the last week without being spoiled?

Totally agree then, the balance issues are small compared to what has been around in the past. The largest pool of heroes is viable. Even the staple picks of TI never really got tiring.

I like how Hylian comes in and makes interesting posts and the same people as always jump down his throat like primary school bullies, tripping him when he tries to say as much. Classy.

Low Tier
ti4 had less unpicked heroes than ti5

plz dont make false statements just b/c of bias

honestly ti4 was much more fun aside from the finals

Hylian7

I like how Hylian comes in and makes interesting posts and the same people as always jump down his throat like primary school bullies, tripping him when he tries to say as much. Classy.

On a different note, a word of advice: Don't fly Delta Airlines if you can avoid it. My girlfriend came up to Seattle after TI was over and we stayed a few more days, and then on our way back home we didn't see her suitcase in the baggage claim. Some people that were on the flight with us said they saw some bags by the Delta office in the airport. It was one of their bags as well as my girlfriend's. The zippers were a bit fucked up, but she didn't think anything of it. Got home and she opened it and it looked like someone had clearly rummaged through it and just kind of put shit back like "eh whatever fuck it" and threw it in there. No TSA search notice, nothing. She bought some mugs in Seattle, mostly as gifts, 3/4 of them were completely smashed, and they were padded pretty damn well. 3 of my demiheroes were in there. I checked those and opened Bloodseeker's box and...nothing! I found him floating around in the clothes luckily, but his stand was missing. I found it under the plastic/felt mold thing in the demihero box. You have to actually try to lift that thing out too.

Of course we filed a claim with Delta over this shit, you would think if there was a fuckup they would have the common courtesy to say something like "Hey your bag accidentaly came open and everything flew out at some point." Lady on the phone said she's seen it happen where zippers of suitcases get caught on each other and come open that way.

So yeah avoid Delta.

Hylian7

I was working during the tournament Thursday to Saturday, so I decided to just watch the games after and the plan was to ignore everyone until I watched finals.

The website it self is really good with not giving away spoilers with its format, more tournaments should follow this style, http://www.dota2.com/international/replays/

Ah, makes sense. Yeah, the replay section on there was always great about not spoiling. I was thinking you had launched Dota and had seen this or something:

ubLfyzj.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think I had more fun during TI4 then TI5. With the shorter days of TI4, we could go out to eat and see the city a bit after the games ended. For TI5, the days just went on to long to do much, only Friday and Saturday ended somewhat early.

TI5 I feel was a lot more exciting to watch, though the hero picks were super obvious for most of the games and basically every one played the same way. I really think Icefrog needs to add a third ban to the start.

Sanjay

You people are crazy, TI4 sucked, TI5 is the best, amazing team-fights, no cheese stuff or plays.

But fun is subjective, but when it comes down to pure balance I think its the best its ever been at.

Chris R

I think I had more fun during TI4 then TI5. With the shorter days of TI4, we could go out to eat and see the city a bit after the games ended. For TI5, the days just went on to long to do much, only Friday and Saturday ended somewhat early.

TI5 I feel was a lot more exciting to watch, though the hero picks were super obvious for most of the games and basically every one played the same way. I really think Icefrog needs to add a third ban to the start.

I think the games at TI5 were more fun to watch, but I do agree that the days went too long. I hope Valve tweaks the schedule just a bit next year. The long delays really did screw up the first few days, but it did seem like things flowed much better on the final days. Break between series should be ~10 minutes tops, with breaks between games as short as possible.

Hylian7

You people are crazy, TI4 sucked, TI5 is the best, amazing team-fights, no cheese stuff or plays.

But fun is subjective, but when it comes down to pure balance I think its the best its ever been at.

As weird as this sounds, I feel like this TI's matches gave me the feeling of "Yep, this is Dota." There was a good balance of teamfights, farming, split pushing, early towers, the whole 9 yards.

Hylian7

welcome back Hylian

how do u feel about Slark being picked in the grand finals?

I was saying "I WARNED YOU"

Even though he lost, still needs a slap on the wrist in my opinion.

Edit: My computer is acting weird and I had to make an emergency reboot in the middle of a match. Now it won't let me reconnect. The match was in Reborn, anyone else have this problem?

Edit 2: Wouldn't let me reconnect for over 5 minutes. Got an abandon, thanks Reborn.

Hylian7

ere2Pdh.png

Got an abandon, took over 5 minutes to reconnect because Reborn wouldn't let me, still managed to recover and win the game. Lost MMR :(

I ain't even that mad though, that felt good to come back into that game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Win TI5, get kicked, this is the correct order right?

Einbroch

Banned
'Cause ppd's a cunt. Really, he's not a good person. Might be a good captain, a good player, but as a person he either lacks decency or literally gives no fucks.

Top Bottom